ScreenAid Complaints & Reviews

ScreenAidBroken Product, no service

The worst customer service ever. There support team responses are in very rudimentary English, and on the one time I was able to speak to someone, dealt with someone who was very rude - it seems to be a mom and pop operation. I have a significant amount of email correspondence to demonstrate they are a bad company.

The company goes by a lot of names: ScreenAid, Gadget Town, Yall Inc.

I'm not in the process of reporting to Better Business Bureau and plan criminal and civil proceedings against this company.

Join me and continue to post complaints and bad write ups on their Facebook and Twitter pages.

ScreenAidbad products & customer service

I bought a replacement screen for my laptop and it came defective. It did not work. Before being able to return it, I had to borrow a second monitor to connect it to my laptop and take pictures of the defective screen and the working monitor to prove it was defective. I finally got the authorization to return it. I bought the second replacement screen and when it arrived, it was the wrong one, was not new, had a bubble-like defect and had to once again take pictures to send them for authorization for a refund. Only after spending over 1 1/2 hours on a online chat, waiting for no reply and opening a second chat did I finally get authorization for a refund. They told me to send the replacement screens by normal USPS but I am not falling for that trick since I read how the returns get lost so I sent my returns with a tracking number at my own expense. I urge all not to buy anything from screenaid.com. Be careful because I have read they go by several company names. I hope I can find a company that I can trust.

• Je
    JennyRae0209 Dec 07, 2009

I too had a defective display, and had to take pictures... what kind of customer service is THAT?!

BTW - ScreenAid.com is a sister site for YallStore.com

AND

A phone number FOR ScreenAid is: 845-228-8876
    A phone number FOR YallStore is: 646-233-3068

• Uk
    ukulele Dec 18, 2010

Hi, I faced the same problems. Where did you finally buy your screen (as I am very carefull now).

• Ac
    ACRBDJ Jun 03, 2016

very uneducated with any product they may sell and thier products may come to you very badly packaged and broken or they might just send you incompatible junk that will not work regardless of what you do.
    Keeping in mind that yesssssss they have to check the problem first before they can help you, "even though you may have explained the problem and the way to resolve the problem to them already". They want to make you wait untill your warranty is up so they dont have to resolve your problem. In short and the bottom line is that this company will rip you off and not refund money or make product good. All reviews I have found on this company are very bad reviews.

ScreenAidfraud

I bought 4 psp batteries for a trip that is was taking to Europe. After receiving them I charged them and they all showed only half of the runtime that they should have had. I bought 3600 mAH batteries and they had the same life that my 1200 mAH batteries had.

• Je
    JennyRae0209 Dec 07, 2009

I ordered a 15" Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop LCD screen on December 3rd... On Monday December 7th, the display was installed immediately upon arrival. It is DOA - does not work. Inverter is fine. External display is fine.

Their less-than-good customer service told me I was required to take a picture and send it to their email address, so their "technician" can look at the picture and verify it is defective. Only then will they issue a RMA number...

I sent them THREE pictures, just to be absolutely SURE that there was NOTHING else they could say... But, somehow, they came back saying that their tech would not be in for another 8 days... I said I do NOT have 8 days to wait and their response to me was... "just deal with it later" (actually, they said "deal it latter")...

My attachment is the EXACT picture I sent to them... how hard is it for ANYONE to look at it and see for themselves that the display is, in fact, DEFECTIVE?!

I then telephoned a number given to me by the same rep... it rang and rang and rang some more... it finally went to a bepp sound because it had rang itself out without being answered. So, I called again a few minutes later. A woman answered the phone "Hello" - I began to explain the situation and verify they got the emails with the pics... she told me that the tech must look at them and she couldnt do anything, as it was their policy. Well, if I DO wait the 7-8 MORE days, then my time will be UP for a RMA to be issued!

This company is a SCAM. They provide HORRIBLE customer "service"...

MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE OUT THERE IS TO STAY FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR F-A-R AWAY!
    STAY AWAY FROM YALLSTORE.COM AND SCREENAID.COM, AS THEY ARE "SISTER SITES" (as told to me by BOTH reps in a "live chat").

• wegolookfan Jan 22, 2010

There is some great news regarding auction item fraud- a nationwide company with over 1, 500 agents launches February First. They will go, in person, to verify an auction item for you to make sure it is legitimate and they will even take the item to UPS or Fed Ex to ship it to you! The company is called Wegolook.com and here is a general description of them:

WeGoLook is an online service that provides visual confirmation and a personalized report, completed by a real person, to verify a prodcut, person, place or thing. WeGoLook customers will be better informed, avoid costly surprises, plus benefit from unbiased confirmation without having to travel.

It might be helpful to you and others to utilize their services before getting scammed- especially high-end auction items.

• St
    SteveWBoston May 03, 2010

I ordered the exact same display (Dell Inspiron 1525 15 inch glossy LCD) in April 2010. I paid to have it sent Priority Mail and received it in 2 days. It was inside a static-free bag and wrapped in bubble wrap within the box. I installed it (took about 2 hours). It works fine! The only problem I had was Dell has a slightly different bezel than the one from Screenaid. There is a piece of sheet metal holding a small circut board (0.5 x 3 inches) to the bottom of the original LCD. The replacement LCD from Screenaid did not have that piece of sheet metal to hold the board. I simply removed the small board from original frame and taped it to bottom of replacement frame and we were good to go!
    Steve W / Boston

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices