Spectrum Home Furnishing Complaints & Reviews

Spectrum Home FurnishingBad service

I purchased a chandelier from gspn2.com (Spectrum Home Furnishing). The picture of the chandelier I purchased depicted a very lovely Swarovski crystal chandelier with an oil-rubbed bronze finish. I was a little put off by the unpolished, unprofessional appearance of the Website and called to ask questions about the item I was interested in. The telephone representative (David) assured me that the chandelier I was interested in purchasing was indeed everything the picture depicted - wrought iron, oil-rubbed bronze finish, Swarovski crystals, etc. What I received was an incredibly cheap tubular metal frame painted black with equally cheap and misplaced little silver hooks to hang the crystals from, which are held together with corrroded, cheap aluminum (or some such cheap metal). Speaking for the piece I received, it can't be assembled correctly because the hooks are all misplaced. I'm pretty certain that the piece I was sent is a factory defect. As upsetting as all this is, what's even more disturbing is that this company shipped me, and charged my credit card for, not only the one I requested by phone, but two chandeliers. I phoned immediately and so far they're making all the right noises about refunding my money once they receive the unsolicited item back, but everything I've experienced so far indicates that this is a very unscrupulous company. It's too early to know if getting my money back is going to be a problem, but if other internet posters on other sites is any indication, I'm in for a rough ride. I hope you're reading this before you purchase from these people and not after. I encourage you to visit the Better Business Bureau. This company has an unsatisfactory standing with them ... surprise!

Spectrum Home Furnishing — Dishonest people rip off

Spectrum Home Furnishings Company, Farmingdale, NJ. and greatchandeliers.com on ebay: You should stay away...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices