Santa Barbara Bank and Trust Complaints & Reviews

Santa Barbara Bank and TrustFRAUD

I NEVER WENT INTO ANY TAX PAYER OFFICE AND FILED MY TAXES. THE MOTHER OF MY CHILD WHO'S NAME IS SHAMEKA BARBER WAS SUSPOSED TO DO MY TAXES ONLINE FOR ME SINCE I WAS TO BUSY WORKING. I NEVER RECEIVED A TAX REFUND CHECK SO I CALLED THE IRS TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED AND THEY SAID THAT MY REFUND WENT DIRECT DEPOSIT INTO MY ACCOUNT. I NEVER HAD A BANK ACCOUNT UNTIL OCTOBER OF THIS YEAR.THE ONLY THING I HAD WAS A AMSCOT CARD. THIS IS WERE SHE SAID MY MONEY WAS GOING. I NEVER RECEIVED IT. I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WHEN I RECEIVED A REBATE CHECK FOR 600, THAT WENT DIRECTLY TO HER ADDRESS WHEN NOTHING WAS EVER SUSPOSED TO BE SENT THERE.I NEVER LIVED THERE WHY WOULD I PUT THAT AS MY ADDRESS.I GAVE HERE MY ADDRESS WHEN SHE SAID SHE WOULD DO THE TAXES FOR ME. SHE IS SAYING THE MONEY NEVER CAME AND SHE NEVER RECIVED IT. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE IS MY MONEY. THE IRS SAYS THAT THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO. I NEED INFORMATION ON WHERE MY CHECK WENT. WAS IT CASHED? AND WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY MONEY. THIS IS FRAUD AND HOW DO I GO ABOUT HANDLING THIS MATTER. I HAVE NEVER RECIVED A DIME. I WANT MY MONEY.

• Ni
    NICLOE Sep 11, 2009

CALL SANTA BARBARA AND LET THEM KNOW. THEY WILL TELL YOU THE PROCEDURE AND THEY WILL REISSUE YOU A CHECK.

• Bu
    business law Sep 18, 2009

Hi I have a business and my ID number is with irs, but for some reason santa barbara keep tellomg me that I cannot get any information on my client but irs is saying i can. At the same time santa bank has issues a check out to one of my client and the check should have gone into my business account and they send it out and she my client nerve gave me my money the money should have not gone to her in the first place, so santa where is my refund you are doiing this to so many of my client and other people when irs is writting the check out to me, now there are people out there who may have to pay back a loan take it but what every is left should come back to me in my account just like you want youe money I want may money to. [email protected]

• Ni
    Nicole Johnson-Brown Sep 27, 2011

This year Santa Barbara bank deposited over $7, 000, my income tax refund, into a Compass Bank account in care of my name. The only problem. I don't bank with Compass Bank. I called and complainted to SSB and they told me that they had tried to recover the funds but were unsuccessful due to the funds already had been withdrawn from the account. They then said there was nothing else they could do and they apologized. Now this is my problem, they deposited an refund in care of my name into an account the was not in my name. They would not give me the account number so I could go the the bank Directly, and I already knew they couldn't give me the account name. So... this happened back in March of 2011. Still no refund. NO information. No help. Somebody tell me what's wrong with this picture. Banks real they don't have to be responsible for inaccuracies. That can't be true.

• Oc
    Oceano Nursery Jan 08, 2012

Santa Barbara Bank & Trust is not a good bank as seen at www.santabarbarabankandtrust.co

Why would SBBT want to over charge the Oceano SBA loan by $45, 171.20 not owed SBBT?

Santa Barbara Bank and TrustTax refund never received!

I never received my tax refund from 2004. Apparently, SBBandT sent it to my bank, where it was rejected and then sent me a check in which I never received. At that point they never made an effort to contact me. I have been in contact with the IRS and my bank over the last two years trying to track down the "lost" money. Finally the IRS found it. Since that time last year I have been relentlessly calling this bank, getting filling out documents, getting them notarized, and faxing, with no resolution in sight. I have done everything they have asked and gotten nowhere. I spend hours on the phone with them, put on hold for over 20 minutes in a clip, I have left an infinite number of voicemails when I can finally get a the "right" contact. I am beyond frustrated with these people, yet I have been nothing but hospitable. I have spent months trying to work this out within the company, threatening to contact BBB, but they do not care. I have no where to turn; cannot get MY money. They give me the run around each and every time I call and for a while I thought it was a scam because they are so unprofessional. I wait for call backs everyday. In particular, a woman by the name of Ruby, has been extremely rude and refuses to call me back. I have yet to even raise my voice with these people who claim to have such great costumer service. They have promised to overnight me the money time and time again. This situation is ridiculous and infuriating. I am appalled.

• Ro
    Robert Oneil Feb 06, 2008

I just hope that I'll be receiving my return from this bank. it should be scheduled friday feb 8. However, because of the volume of complaints that I've been researching online , I doubt that it'll be this week and it'll be deposited on the next. Here's my question to the bank.. how does a loan from a tax return effect a credit check? The W2 has the information on how much you're supposed to receive so that should be concrete evidence enough and there shouldn't be any reason for a denial. It doesn't make any sense but this bank is certainly making 'cents' from interest collected from our money. I seriously hope this problem will be resolved

• Bo
    bo_love_kim Feb 01, 2010

there company is UNTRUST-WORTHY!!!

jacks26 Feb 07, 2010

I Ronald Jackson could have let the IRS send me my refund check instead of paying a fee to Bank of Santa barbara who rudely told me, when ever they want to release it !, my refund date was 2/5/2010, the IRS informed me they released the funds on that date.Shame on you bank of Santa Barbara I got loans from them before but this is my money, you lose a customer.It was inportant to get my money to me on time.I will call WPIX Monday for Howard to put them on T V people need to know about them.The Bank told me they didn't get any thing from the IRS.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices