PDC Spas Complaints & Reviews

PDC SpasNothing but Problems

We bought a PDC Hot Tub around three years ago. Since purchasing it we have had nothing but problems with it. First the blower went out. They replaced it but then it went out again. They tried blaming the problem on our electrical wiring but that wasn't the problem. We replaced it two more times in the past year and eventually they told us there was a recall on the blowers made between certain dates. We finally got it replaced and haven't had a problem now for almost a year (knock on wood). Another problem was the LED lighting didin't work correctly. Lights were out orf sync and some didn't work at all. They came and repaired the lights not working and fixed the sync problem but a few months later the lights were out of sync again. Next the jets starting popping out and ball bearings were all over the bottom. Several of them were replaced and others were just turned off to keep the water pressure from pushing them out. Right now there are about 30% of them that keep popping out. Now, just a few weeks ago one of the three pumps quit working. When turning it on it just hums but doesn't spin. We stopped using this one for now. I"m fed up with this hot tub. I plan on shutting it down for the winter. We paid over $10, 000 for this unit and we are very disappointed. I would NEVER recommend this brand to anyone. Not sure where whe go from here other than fill the space with something that requires less maintennance. VERY DISAPPOINTED :-(((

Respond

PDC SpasMY SPA was a LEMON

I bought a pdc spa and its been a lemon
    I have sent them emails and they just ignore me
    here is the email I sent them

To whom it may concern

In October 31, 2005, I bought the Bermuda Ultra sandstone. I paid $9, 400.41 (I had a discount of -$2, 621.00 otherwise the spa would have cost me 12, 021.41). Soon after the purchase and installation, that plastic on the control panel peeled. It was replaced. Then, it happened again. Once again, it was replaced at no charge. However, again it happened again and for the third time, it was replaced it.
    Then the light strip that goes on the bottom failed, again it was replaced at no charge

I have replaced several seals (the ones that go on the shaft) on the pumps myself. (I used to work for my brother in-law whose business cares for pools.) It’s a moving part so I understand that it does fail.

At the beginning of October 2010, I noticed I was losing water. I checked the pump and it was fine. I opened the side panel and looked and looked and finally found that it was leaking from the ozone fitting. I checked my warranty and read that on the plumbing, I have 5 years
    (I was still within my warranty).

I contacted the distributor from whom I purchased the spa. I was informed that yes, it is under warranty; however, I have to pay the labor. I figured since I was experienced with pools and spas, I would do the work myself and was told by the distributor it was an easy fix (you unscrew it, clean the area, silicone the part, and re-tighten the fitting, making sure not to over tighten it or it might crack). I repaired it and it was fixed.

A week ago, I noticed the spa was losing water again and presumed that it was loosing water from the part I had fixed. I opened the panel and found that it wasn't leaking from that location. It was fine there.

I kept looking around and I found 3 leaks all from the returns on the bottom. (There are 5 returns on the bottom and 3 of them leak.) I was upset I went inside the house and told my wife what a piece of junk we bought. There have been one issue after another since it’s purchase! At nearly a $10, 000 investment, the plumbing should last more than 10 years. One leak is understandable…but FOUR IS OUTRAGEOUS!

In order to fix this problem, I have to have the spa lifted from the shell. Imagine what that's going to cost me to hire a few people just to lift it up! At this point, I emptied out the spa, blew out the lines, and hope nothing freezes! It is not something that can be fixed now as the temperature is below 32 outside!

I have gone on the web and found that I'm not the only one who complains about this problem

I am so disgusted with this situation that neither will I ever purchase another PDC spa nor will I ever recommend the products of your company to anyone. I am either going to sell the spa I have or give it away.

As far as I’m concerned, it has been a waste of money and is a BIG HEADACHE!

1 Response
      • Se
        ServiceTechin Delaware Apr 05, 2011

After working on spas for over 15 years I have to tell you that a spas having more than one leak is unusual for ANY manufacturer but I have seen it in MANY manufacturers. Then sealant used to seat the jet bodies to the acrylic shell is almost identical throughout the industry. This sealant could have been faulty from the sealant manufacturer and that would easily explain why several jets or suction ports could leak at once. This should not reflect on any spa manufacturer since they all purchase selant from suppliers and they dont make their own sealant. The same can be said about the plastic on the control panel as well. It is unfortunate but everyone needs to understand the number of underwater connections in a hot tub is usually between 45-200 and these guys do amazing at keeping the number of leaks to a minimum.

PDC SpasGreat Product

I have read previous posts on here and wanted to post my experience with PDC Spas. I recently took advantage of the Cash for Clunkers program they were offering on trading your old spa in. I have had the new spa now for several months and it is by far and away a superior product to my previous spa. I have had no problems with either the spa or the service from the company. Thanks PDC Spas for a great product.

1 Response
        • Se
          ServiceTechin Delaware Apr 05, 2011

Also the service dept. at PDC is composed of experienced spa technicians not just someone reading you solutions out of a book. Great company.

PDC Spas — They don't stand behind their products

I just came in from discovering more leaks in the plumbing of my spa. My tub has had one problem or another...