Paymate Complaints & Reviews

PaymateSuddenly closed account

I, too, turned to Paymate after some bad dealings with the jerks at Paypal. Everything was fine until just the past few days. I got an email from them, stating they needed my physical address. Supplied it. Then someone tried paying online, and they were told we didn't have an account!!! I emailed them and got a reply today, October 11, 2010. Here's what I got:

Dear Valued Paymate Seller:
We understand that you’ve been awaiting funds for your recent activity using Paymate to process your transactions on eBay or your website. As you may know we moved to a new financial partner in September and the new bank required a review of all of our existing accounts. Unfortuneately, we were not able to get your account approved with the new financial partner allowing us to keep processing payments for. If you have transactions that were scheduled for settlement prior to September 17th those payments are being held by our previous bank after an annual review of your account and can be held by them for up to 6 months. Though we are working with them to get them to release the funds as soon as possible they may or may not comply with our requests for payment prior to the 6 month reserve hold they’ve placed on those funds. If you have attempted any transactions starting on September 17th those transactions were suspended, as they were processed through our new partner, so none of those transactions will process, and have either been returned to the buyer already or will be shortly. Going forward if you have provided us with tracking information, and we can confirm shipment, we will work with our previous bank to get those funds released as well, however, as stated above they may choose to hold the funds for up to 6 months on any transactions submitted prior to September 17, 2010.
We are also in the process of speaking a separate partner that may be able to have you approved in the next 2 weeks. If you are interested in this please let us know by writing an email to: [protected]@paymate.com with the Subject line: Account Declined. We will work this through the process and see if we can push you through an exception process. Thank you for the support and patience.

Paymate Client Service

NO reason for the cancellation. And just HOW can they hold your funds for up to 6 MONTHS, with the PREVIOUS bank, yet?!?!? This is basically what Paypal did to me, also.

So, who CAN you trust to handle your online business with????

PaymateNo communication OR funds

Do not sign up with Paymate. I have been a member for 3 months now, with more than $500 in lingo somewhere... It has been 4 weeks since they sent me an email that said my funds were being transfered to my bank account as I had requested online. I have yet to receive any of my money. But, I did get two seperate emails asking me to sign and fax back so they could have my physical signature on file. Through all of this, I have called them four times (they have NO live operaters. You only have the option to leave a voicemail message), and emailed them countless times. I have gotten no response on anything I have tried. I am not sure where to go from here exept to start by warning others to stay away from this service. And shame on Ebay for suggesting them.

• Ti
    tiredofbeingrippedoffagain Oct 11, 2010

Shame on eBay, period!!! They bought out Paypal, which is just as bad or worse. See my post on eBay and what they did to me. Seeing that Paymate claims to have a new 'financial partner' and they are pulling the EXACT same crap Paypal did, I'm thinking maybe they've now linked with eBay. What a nightmare!!!

oliver718 Oct 25, 2010

I am thinking about filing and complaining with the attorney general. Something has to be done. I see half a dozen complaints that this company is keeping people's money. HOW IS THIS LEGAL?!

jose0375 Nov 24, 2010

SORRY FOR YOU MY FRIEND I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THEM FOR 4 MONTHS TO RELEASE MY $250 AND NOTHING I CONTACT ALL ATTORNEYS GENERAL HERE IN FL AND CA NOTHING. THEY SAID IT CAN TAKE 6 MONTHS HALF YEAR TO GET MY $ I BELIVE THEY WILL NEVER PAID. THEY JUST STOLE OUR MONEY.

PaymateNon Payment - Fraud

I'm another Paymate customer that hasn't been paid as promised by them.

I filed a small claims court action against them. Since they have a Ca. address I can sue them in the county I live in. I sued Paymate for the money they never paid me, plus I am asking for damages due to lost sales since they stopped processing customer payments without any warning.

Anyone that has been ripped off by them can do the same thing. There are supposed to have an address for service in each state that they do business in.

oliver718 Oct 25, 2010

How did your case turn out?

PaymateTHEFT OF MONEY

** WARNING ** BEWARE ** DON’T USE PAYMATE ** THEY WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY
I signed up to use Paymate to accept payments on Ebay because I was fed-up with all the trash PayPal was dealing out. After about 4 months with Paymate and with a Perfect record & Perfect feedback, Paymate decided to drop me (READ REASON GIVEN BELOW) and keep all payments that Ebay buyers had sent after winning an auction. I have not received any payments from Paymate for numerous transactions from buyers who paid in good faith and on the EBAY ORDER DETAILS all of them indicate that “Payment was initiated and is being processed through Paymate, BUT HAS NOT BEEN PAID AS OF THIS DATE”.

LETTER FROM PAYMATE:
From: "[protected]@paymate.com" <[protected]@paymate.com>
PAYMATE IS NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT YOU AS A CLIENT AT THIS POINT IN TIME.
Thank you for your recent registration on Paymate (www.paymate.com<http://www.paymate.com>)
We regret to advise that our Bank has not accepted your application.
If you have already used Paymate for transactions and have received this message, we must advise you that Paymate can no longer process payments for you based on our most recent account review. Unfortunately, we are bound by our Bank's policies and have to comply with their policies. Therefore you will need to make alternative payment arrangements.
We do thank you for your interest in Paymate and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Best wishes from the Paymate Client Services Team
www.paymate.com<http://www.paymate.com>

Please reread that letter above from Paymate again. Remember, I had already been approved & authorized as a verified Paymate Client for over 4 months and was able to accept payments for auctions I was selling on Ebay. Then all of a sudden and out of the blue, Paymate decides to not send the Ebay buyers payments to my bank account and they refuse to send back or credit the buyers credit card for the money they had authorized Paymate to send me as payment for items they had won at auction on Ebay.

PAYMATE CONTACT INFORMATION
PAYMATE CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
2105 Woodside Road, Woodside, Ca. 94062

www.paymate.com

Dilip Rao, Founder & President, Paymate Global, Inc. Email: <[protected]@paymate.com>
Tel (USA): +[protected], Cell: +[protected], Fax: +[protected]

Garrett Gafke, CEO, Paymate Global, Inc. Email: <[protected]@paymate.com>

"Greg Quinn EVP, Sales and Client Service" <[protected]@paymate.com>

<[protected]@paymate.com>

<[protected]@paymate.com.au>

"Cathy Lam" <[protected]@paymate.com>

/removed/

ALSO SEND A COPY TO :
“USDOJ: Office of the Attorney General” <Honorable Eric H. Holder, [email protected]>,
“California Attorney General - Edmund G. Brown Jr.” <Attorney General Jerry [protected]@ag.ca.gov>

US Phone: (Toll Free) [protected], (Toll Free) [protected], (Local) [protected], (Local) [protected], (Local) [protected]
International: (+[protected]
Canada [protected]
United Kingdom [protected]
Australia [protected] & [protected]
New Zealand [protected]

PAYMATE COMPLAINTS ON THE WORLDWIDE WEB **INTERNET FRAUD

• Pa
    Payment guy Oct 05, 2010

Since this person has decided to hide behind a name that has no meaning to us it is difficult to respond with details, but the net of it, from what I can tell is that we switch banks, and our new bank required that our sellers not just qualify using their feedback on ebay, but that they must be credit worthy. This person was provided with an opportunity along with a credit line based solely on their eBay feedback by Paymate, and as it turns out that their credit is poor. We were one of the very few companies around that could have supported this type of seller as their credit is obviously bad, but with a change of policy requiring credit worthiness they're account was canceled. While we regret that this person is upset we cannot take responibility for their bad credit and their performance as a seller which we would have to if they decided to stiff a buyer, and yes, it happens all the time. Bad credit, no account. Simple as that.

• Un
    Unicorneggs Oct 05, 2010

WOW The Chief got screwed. Seems like the Indians have been taken advantage of since day one. The payment guy sounds like someone from an institution resembling Ebay or PayPal. Constantly changing policy and not keeping their treaty which in turn effects the little Indians. Just being curious I Googled “Paymate scam” and it showed 14, 200 results. That is 14, 199 more reasons for me NOT TO USE PAYMATE.

• St
    stang5.0 Nov 17, 2010

So payment guy is a paymate employee ????

• Chief Grey Wolf Nov 17, 2010

***** PAYMATE SCAM * FRAUD * DISHONEST THIEVES ***** BEWARE THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY ***
    To the dishonest lowly payment guy,
    In regards to your statement "we cannot take responibility for their bad credit and their performance as a seller which we would have to if they decided to stiff a buyer" indicates your level of competency. The correct spelling is “RESPONSIBILITY”. Since payment guy has decided to hide behind a name that has no meaning, I would like to indicate that it is a fact that I do have a low credit score but not due to bad credit, but due to no credit. It is my belief that if you cannot pay cash for something, you cannot afford it. Therefore I have never asked anyone for credit for anything. My eBay feedback rating of 2167 with zero negatives also indicates my performance as a seller. Since Paymate has decided to stiff me as a seller and continues to retain the extorted funds from my account, I found that I am not the only one that Paymate has screwed and stolen from. Google PAYMATE SCAM and you will find thousands of complaints giving testimony where Paymate is a lowly ### sucker.
    More Paymate complaints
    Paymate - Suddenly closed account
    Paymate - No communication OR funds
    Paymate - Non Payment - Fraud
    Paymate - fraud

Paymatefraud

Paymate is no proven to me it is a scam. I have had the pleasure of being ripped off, lied too &promissed my money. I am a disabled person whom is trying to earn extra money on ebay to provide for my family.
I signed up with paymate in 12/20/2009. I was doing well building a small business selling dvds my buisness started do do more in sales. This month 3 weeks go by I recieved no deposits into my account.
When before I was recieving deposits on a regular basis, 3 times a week. Now I am doing business on a larger scale. I call pymate for several days no one returns the voice mails I leave. I drop numerous emails. I finally get an answer stating if I do not see anything in the bank contact gregg quinn. So I email him directly, days go by no response. He finally tells me to fill out a form which was already emailed, which I never got to tell me the money is frozen. So to make a long story short he never deposits my money from ebay sales and has the nerve after lying to me a few times to ask me for more personal information so he can possibly go for a second round of ripping me off in other ways. Well we refused to send him any info, he claimed the bank needed our information, isnt that their job? Why would they freeze my account and the idiot even says that I might not get it back due to a credit rating. If my credit isn't good, I could be waiting for months to recieve it. I believe this guy greg, quinn is should be investigated for fraud. I am sure there are other victims out there whom has had the pleasure of getting hurt by him and his bogus company which oh by the way is also accepted by ebay as well. Watch out this guy took me for $3, 500 and he will get you too. Please beware of graig quinn the con artist and lier... Barbara from si ny.

• Un
    Unicorneggs Oct 05, 2010

Hi Barbara,
    I can't believe Paymate would go so low as to treat a disabled person in such a matter. I looked around and found a lot of complaints for Paymate. Check out this one. http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/paymate-c379458.html
    I don't see how ### like Quinn and Garrett can sleep at night knowing that they have stole huge amounts of money from average hard working folks.
    I copied this following information about Paymate from the link above.

PAYMATE CONTACT INFORMATION

<[email protected]>

"Cathy Lam" <[email protected]>

/removed/

ALSO SEND A COPY TO :
    “California Attorney General - Edmund G. Brown Jr.” <Attorney General Jerry [email protected]>

US Phone: (Toll Free) 866-583-7328, (Toll Free) 866-376-7028, (Local) 650-366-6283, (Local) 650-216-9561, (Local) 650-529-4715
    International: ( 1) 347 284 1813
    Canada (347) 284 6734
    United Kingdom 020 8123 1813
    Australia 1300 726 360 & 02 8003 4734
    New Zealand 09-914 1575

PAYMATE COMPLAINTS ON THE WORLDWIDE WEB **INTERNET FRAUD

oliver718 Oct 25, 2010

this is scary that this SH*T is happening to so many of us! There has to be something we can do!

• Ap
    applebee Nov 03, 2010

Please file a complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I am also a victim of Paymate.com sevice and i was scammed over $1000 by them. I have filed a complaint on the
    ic3 website so they can prosecute these guys. I am not going to rest until i see justice!

• Bo
    bobnbarb09 Nov 07, 2010

PAYMATE FRAUD UPDATE." I WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT PAYMATE WAS NOT SO BAD AFTER ALL ".
    THEY WERE FORCED TO THE NEW GUIDELINES OF CHASES PAYMENTECH. SINCE MY ACCOUNT WAS FROZEN I DID RECEIVE ADDITIONAL DEPOSITS MADE BY GREG QUINN PERSONALLY. I WAS ABLE TO GET THROUGH TO HIM DIRECTLY AND HE HAS RESPONDED TO EVERY EMAIL AS WELL AS PHONE CALL . I WAS EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND TOTALLY UNDERSTAND NOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS COMPANY. THIS IS BASICALLY WHAT HAPPENS WITH PAYPAL AS WELL AS OTHER PROCESSING COMPANIES AND IS NORMAL . GREG QUINN SEEMS TO BE THE ONE BEARING THE BRUNT OF ALL PAYMATE CLIENT LASHING OUT, WHOM HAD THEIR MONEY FROZEN .LIKE ME AND ALLOT OF OTHERS HE HAS TAKEN ALLOT OF HEAT FOR IT AND PROBABLY DESERVES A MUCH BETTER REPUTATION . HE HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT WITH US, AND I AM SURE WITH EVERYONE ELSE WHOM IS AFFECTED BY THE CHANGE IN BANKS PROCESSING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.NEEDLESS TO SAY WE WOULD ABSOLUTELY GO BACK WITH PAYMATE BECAUSE OF THEIR DEDICATION TO EXPLAINING THINGS & HELPING US "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION"AND THAT IS WHAT COUNTS!
    SO PLEASE DISREGUARD THE OTHER POSTINGS, I HAVE POSTED. THEY ARE IMPROVING CUSTOMER SERVICE AND
    GREG QUINN IS DOING HIS BEST ! EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW!

saski Jan 17, 2011

Do not use paymate . They do not take responsibility for their business. Seller wants to refund but they are being arrogant saying they have to receive certain format of email from seller to give refund to buyer.
    Jaya from paymate is the only person picks up the phone and she is arrogant and hard to understand

• De
    debidoodoo Feb 03, 2011

PAYMATE took stole money from my BANK account! I applied for an account and they did not respond to me for 5 months and took $100 out of my bank account WITHOUT ANY PERMISSION-just took money from me!!Try to call-they just have answering machines and they DON'T CALL BACK-IT'S been 40 days since this nightmare begun with no refunds!I talked to a Mr Quinn once who closed my account-promised a refund if I would be nice, but he scammed me too. BEWARE!!I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT EBAY WOULD ALLOW THIS AS A SELLER OPTION of PAYMENT-THEY ARE FRAUDULENT!!! BEWARE!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices