OAN Services Inc. Complaints & Reviews

OAN Services Inc.Fraud billing to our Veizon account!

I noticed unauthorized charges for OAN services inc. on my phone bill . They billed me $18.31/mo. for
"miscellaneous charges and credits" . When I noticed it on myVerizon phone bill I called to cancel.
I have no idea what this is and I never heard of this company.

Today I have tried to call OAN, and have been on hold for over one hour.

• Mi
    MichaelAIL Apr 20, 2010

OAN is/was a billing company for Coral Communications in California. In 1998 the Public Utilities Commission of California found Coral Comm. guilty of Cramming. Seems that they are still around

OAN Services Inc.unrequested services

I noticed unauthorized charges for OAN services inc. on my phone bill and called immediately to get them cancelled. They informed me they would cancel but I would still be billed this month. They offered to send a voucher. I told them I wanted my phone bill credited for the 2 months which after much arguing, they finally agreed to do. It has been 5 months now and I still have not received the credit, nor will ATT take off the charges. Today I have tried to call OAN back, and have been on hold for over one hour.

• Sl
    sleeknsassy May 10, 2010

I think that this is their address, Infocall LLC ----P.O. Box 744, Forest Lake mn. 55025. I have been surfing the internet because the same thing happened to me last month. I only just found this information out on the bbb online service using the phone number from my bill. Hope this helps in some way. Monroe, United States La.

OAN Services Inc.unauthorized billing

This is a scam, pure and simple. If a class-action lawsuit hasn't been filed, it should be. Apparently this company tells different lies to different complaint callers. I just discovered that AT&T, which apparently will post any charge in the universe without documentation, had been adding $9.20 a month for past several months to my home phone bill. For an alleged service I never asked for nor received. I called the number for OAN [protected] and got a poor child named Nicole. She told me OAN was an offsite computer data storage service. I have no idea whether that is true. Nicole probably doesn't either. Anyway, she's canceling the service. Upon advice of Kendra at AT&T, I'm also deducting $27.60 (3 months of alleged svc) from my current phone bill. The message here is to be very wary, closely scrutinize your phone bill to make sure you don't get scammed ... because AT&T doesn't appear to be too concerned.

• Bj
    bjs61 Sep 25, 2010

Obviously, neither does Verizon scrutinize charges from outside sources without documentation. I just received my Verizon bill for the month of September with a $14.95 charge from OAN for "Emergency Message Systems." This service was never used or authorized. On speaking with a Veriozn representative, he told me he could not do anything about the charge and that I needed to call OAN. Not only will I be calling OAN on Monday, since this is Saturday and their call center is conveniently closed, but I will also be filing a complaint with Martha Coakley, the Attorney General for the state of Massachusetts.

OAN Services Inc.charges on ATT phone bill

I recently looked over my ATT phone bill and discovered that I was paying for a voice mail service that I already had through ATT and found out that my 17 year old son signed up for a 1000.00 dollar shopping spree (which he never got) the total amount I was charged was 92.57 . when I asked att about this they said that third party companies were aloud to do such a thing, I was in shock that they would let something like that happen . If myself or my wife want to change anything on our service we have to give a security code # and other information before we can do anything. I was told that I would be reimbursed in two billing cycles.the person I talked to didn't seemed surprised that I was disputing the charge SO WHTCH YOUR BILLING STATMENTS OF ANY KIND!!!

• Li
    LisaBS Jan 25, 2011

Have these charges ever been reversed by that company?
    I just noticed the same thing on mine and the rep said it was at least 3 months...so I'm gonna go home and pull old statements to see how long this has been going on before I call them...

OAN Services Inc.Fraud

I totally agree with the complaints I have read regarding this company, OAN Services fraudulent billing. I noticed in my February AT&T phone bill a $8.23 charge, and when I call the number on my bill the lady told me they will cancel the service, but it will take couple of billing cycles before my account will be credited with that amount. Unfortunately this company has been billing me since October of last year. I am extremely disappointed with AT&T for a poor job of informing its customers when a new service shows up on the bill.

• Ru
    Rusty Lee Jul 21, 2009

They called up and asked me to verify my name and date of birth. I did so.

They then started charging me $39.95 a month for a service they did not provide to me.

When I noticed it on my ATT phone bill I called to cancel.

And then what REALLY shocked me. They altered the recording to have me saying "yes" to thier service! Then they kept in on file and used it against me to deny me a credit for thier unauthorized charges. I then come online and see many other people saying the same thing. They made a fake recording in order to defraud me. And literally thousands of others. And hundreds have reported it to the FCC and hundreds to ATT, and some to the Att Gen, and some to the BBB, and YEARS later they are still out there commiting fraud, openly, freely, and constantly.

I'm amazed. Such blatant fraud and nobody can stop them?

If the FCC and the other organizations can't stop such obvious fraud and scamming... What. Good. Are. They.

jalhey Jul 22, 2009

kindly search the people who own this number they are scammers..im glad im not believe them...0060136760259/00447035978261

• Oi
    Oia Aug 03, 2009

I just noticed that my Verizon bill for June and July was charged $42.75 each for OAN Services. I called Verizon and they will be issuing me a credit. They also put a third party block on my phone so that these third party companies, like OAN, cannot throw extra charges on my Verizon bill. I then called OAN and told them to close any account that they have on my number. Everything seemed to go well, but we'll see when I get my August bill. Also you can call the FCC to complain. Their number is 1-888-225-5322.

• Dd
    ddiane Jan 25, 2010

Here it is Jan 2010 and they are still at it. They just signed me up and I was charged 14.95 + 1.05 for state sales tax. Why doesn't someone shut down this fraud.

• Mo
    Mova31` Jan 26, 2010

I received a statement from Legacy Billing Services, Cypress CA sent to me, I carry Verizon I don't know how this call was made using my number. Made in this city they said at a Grocery store. Their was date time and my number and the number that was calledI did not accept this call. it says the number called from and also my number, don't know how this was done asking my telephone Co to do what is necessary on their part as far as blocking, out. Filed complaint with BBB.etc.

I don't want to pay this for I had nothing to do with this call was $10.68 for 5,
    min

Still don't know how this could happen? any comments out there?
    Trying to resolve this.
    Martha

OAN Services Inc.Slamming/Cramming FRAUD!

When I noticed my 82 yr old Father was being charged $8.72 a month for 3 months by OAN on his AT&T Phone. I was irate. No one ever authorized any such service. I contacted AT&T from the site I use to pay this bill. They emailed they had contacted OAN, and within 2 billing periods there should be a resolution and suggest I put a "billing restriction/ block" (I haven't checkd yet, but I have no doubts there would be a FEE for that service! I then checked OAN out with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) which had many INQUIRIES of the Company, fewer complaints. At that point I picked up the phone and called [protected] OAN. First was a recording stating I could cancel my service online at www.cancelmyvm.com . That only made my anger increase since NO SERVICE was ever authorized. Shortly a representative answered and I explained the above. She gave me a confirmation # and a credit for 4 months, ( since I have already been charged again in advance) which will be resolved in TWO billing cycles. She suggested I call AT&T and explain this resolution and to withhold $34.88 from my next phone bill.
I MUST close by saying how grateful I was to locate this site.

• Ed
    Eduardo Rodriguez Aug 10, 2009

They do this to millions of people. I have had add on feaures or services every month for the past 11 months. Someone please start something, I have limited computer knowledge. I can tell you this, I have friends in North Carlina that are having the same issues!! I am in Miami.

Eddie Rodriguez
    828-467-3345

OAN Services Inc.Beware

Got my telephone statement with these charges dated on a Sunday at a time that I was at church and I am the only one at this residence no way could any one call from this phone I told him not unless my cats which I have not taught them how to use the telephone as of yet I call them once in a while so they can hear me They said that the charges would be taken off and would show on my next statement I called my phone company and related what I had been told by this oan service company.

• Le
    Leona Oct 17, 2008

I got my local telephone company, AT&T's bill and found OAN charged me $16.68 for set up PREMIUM VOICE MAIL. I called them. They said they got order online. I never heard about this company's name before, and never order their services. They said, they will cancel the service for me and give me the credit on next bill. AT&T doesn't care who send bill to them. They accept any company's any charge. OAN is a fraud. Why nobody can stop them?

• Ss
    ssbeale8 Nov 19, 2009

Our phone was billed with these 14.95 charges without our knowledge.

OAN Services Inc.Fraud billing to our Bell-South account!

They have been billing our Bell-South Account for over a year and a half. Charges I have refused to pay. OAN denies they even have an account with us. I have had the charges blocked, but AT&T is still holding us responsible and have denied us service because they are not paid.

• Ca
    Carol Castellano Mar 15, 2008

3-15-08

Today I am VERY upset. I received my tel. bill from Verizon and on one part it says:
    OAN, this portion of your bill is provided as a service to OAN Services, Inc.".
    1 call for 1 min. = $5.49
    USF Carrier Admin Fee = $1.65
    State Tax = .50 cents
    TOTAL = $7.64
    Hello? I did NOT make this call or authorize OAN to provide me with their services. I'm on a fixed income and I am a Senior and I expect to have this OAN and the $7.64 taken OFF my bill. This is ridiculous and VERIZON should NOT allow them to put their charges on the Verizon bill. What is this stupid world coming to??? Something must be done and not tomorrow as I am calling Verizon and Oan. Monday. I have all the time in the world and will hold on as long as there are 24 hrs. in a day. If NOTHING is done, I will cancel Verizon altogether. Internet service, phone svc. and whatever else!!!
    Sincerely,
    Carol Castellano...

• La
    layne Aug 12, 2008

yep, just got a charge from this company, too. AT&T said they blocked it but I should call them and cancel. there's not even a contact number and I don't even know who this is!

• Tj
    tjs Sep 22, 2008

I just received amy att&t bill today with a charge of 7.43 for a one minute call to a 900-288-2020.

I recall getting a call last month saying your call is being transfred and I hung up, not listing for the the call was about.

I called number on the bill, 800-926-6435, the first thing the recorded voice said, if you want to speak to an agent the cost will be 4.95, I hung up, I hop I do not get another bill. I called the att&t rep., He will block the clost, but I have to happen the probelom myself for correction

OAN Services Inc. — False billing!

They billed me $31.75/mo. for "web hosting" supposedly saying one of my employees said she was authorized to...

OAN Services Inc. — Telephone billing fraud!

My latest Verizon home telephone bill included a surprise from OAN Services Inc. It showed a call to their...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices