Movie Gallery Complaints & Reviews

Movie GalleryBogus Charges turned to Collections

OMG - Really????? Apparently charged for two games that I never rented and now turned over to collections - NCS out of Oklahoma. When they were still in business I started receiving Movie Gallery statements to my forwarding address as I had moved months before statements started coming. I called the store on several occassions who said it was taken care, their mistake as they did not have cameras to record their transactions nor did they always ID the person or persons renting on accounts. I carefully made notes each time I called and noted exactly who I talked to. The statements kept coming and finally reached district manager who also said account taken care. Funny thing - I was charged for game rentals and I did not even own a gaming system of any kind and the date of the so called rentals happened after I moved out of the city of Maumelle. I had moved more than 30 miles south so why would I even bother to rent from them?????? Anyway, I checked credit report other day and as you have all discovered being charged bogus and ridiciously charges and turned over to NCS and never once have they made any attempt to contact me. Movie Gallery has filed for Banpruptcy Case No: 10-30696 (DOT) as of 11-18-2010 under Chapter 11 so they sold there unresolved accounts or forced their store account write offs back into bogus system to give past balances and have sold to NCS in the hopes of screwing everyone over. I called the NCS who patiently explained to me about the account, as my blood is boling, but never once did they ask about my address or a phone number and I called from a blocked number so couldn't be tracked through caller id. I told them they could marked the account as in dispute and I would be contacting Attorney General, FTC, and BBB immediately and to Transunion where the claim had been filed and there would be no payments made to them and left it at that. Now EVERYONE needs to bombard every resource and take every avenue not to only help yourself but all the innocent victims in this scam. ARKANSAS

Movie Gallerycollection claim filed with credit reporting agencies

A collection claim against me for the amount of $146 by Hollywood Video was filed with the credit reporting agencies. I didn't find out about this until I went to buy a new car. This collections claim lowered my credit score and caused me to pay a higher finance rate on my new car. Now, I have to contact the three credit reporting agencies to get this false claim removed. I was never contacted by my local video store or by Movie Gallery. they never contacted me about any late or missing videos. Now, there is no way to contact the company because they filed for bankruptcy.

• C6
    c66cc Dec 29, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I never knew there was a collection filed against me until I went to buy a new car. Then, it popped up on my credit rating, lowered it considerably. It was for between $140 and $150. I was never contacted by the local video store or Movie Gallery. Now, I have to file with the credit reporting agencies to get it removed.

• Colin Dec 30, 2010

If you owe it, opay it. If Not:

I researched this on the Internet and found we are not alone. See Below----

ALSO:
    Go Here and Create a Debt Validation Letter. Learn about your rights and send a letter to NCS using the template VIA certified Mail Immediately. http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/sampleletter9.shtml
    or http://aaacreditguide.com/credit-repair-letters/validation-letters/
    Read This and Know Your Rights: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre27.pdf and http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation.shtml
    Call Experian at: 1-866-853-0303 IMMEDIATELY
    Call The Federal Trade Commission at: 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)
    Go here: http://www.ag.ky.gov/civil/consumerprotection/ for your Kentucky Attorney General and File a Complaint with Consumer Protection
    Lastly- File A Complaint with the Oklahoma Better Business Bureau

Movie Gallery — Account sent to collections

Movie Gallery sent an account to collections which has posted to my credit report this month. This negative...

Movie GalleryRip OFF Scam

Movie Gallery on my credit report saying i owe them over $100.00 !!! Last time I went in to rent i was told they were going out of business and couldn't rent unless I was in Powerplay program, which I wasn't because I wanted nothing to do with them pulling money out of my bank account so I left and rented nothing ...They go out of business and 2 months later they have put me into a supposed collection agency, no phone call, no letter, nothing just sent to collections, took my credit score down 78 points and I owe them nothing, How can this be legal ?????They had horrible store management go out of business and trying to rip off previous customers...PRETTY LOW !!! Now I get to fight for how long to get rid of this when it was never owed to begin with...Isn't there something we can do ??????

MargaritaID Nov 23, 2010

I just found out today I had been sent to a collection agency by Movie Gallery also over a late fee apparently on an X-Box 360 game that I rented last year. I NEVER received any type of call or letter asking me to pay my late fee if I even had one. I contacted the colllection agency also and they basically told me I had to pay it also. I don't know what is going on if it is a scam or not but I think I will be contacting a lawyer. Movie Gallery went out of business and there is no way to contact anyone with the company. Please help!

• Bo
    Bobbarker Nov 23, 2010

I'm having the exact problem. I received an alert on my credit report this week telling me I owed $111.76 to a collection bureau. When I called it was about two movies that I rented from movie gallery in August of 2009. It also dropped my credit score 77 points and mine has always been perfects. I remember renting the movies and I also remember returning them. On top of that my best friend worked at the location i rented them from and any time I've ever had a late fee he usually let me know or just took care of it in the system so there is no way those charges should have accumulated without me knowing about it. And yes I rented movies since that date and no one ever called or mentioned it on subsequent visits.

My thoughts on this...after closing down I think Movie Gallery took one last stab at getting a few dollars out of it's customers. Let's take a few movies from a year ago, change the records to show they were late, wait long enough til people probably threw away their receipts and WHAMO...turn it over to a collections agency and get paid about 10, 000 times over. I mean could you imagine if they did that to a quarter of their customers at even $20 or $30 a pop? That's a nice little parting bonus and on top of that the company doesn't even exist anymore...how convenient.

Here's what I did, I had to suck it up and pay it. I know it sucks but Movie Gallery has been paid and they don't exist. You're dealing strictly with a collections agency now and they have records showing dates, exact movie titles and if they dug deep enough even the original late fees before collection fees were tacked on. Whether all of that was made up or not is hard to prove. What did I have to back up that fact that I paid my fees? Ummmm...well I know I did, and my friend works there...that's about it. I might have a bank statement showing I paid some amount of money to them around that time but that could be anything. There's just no way I was paying a lawyer to look into something that I could make go away for $100 and if you're smart and you care about your score you'll do the same thing. Now what I would like to do after the fact is hopefully find some way to contact what's left of movie gallery and rip them a few new ###s and see if I can get my money back but that's probably not going to happen. I'd even settle for finding some top CEO's and just beating them bloody just to make me feel better but that's about all that will satisfy me now.

• Ke
    Keri118422 Nov 27, 2010

I just filed a complaint about this today on here. I just found out the same thing. Don't pay them any money if you know you don't owe anything! They claim I owe $99 which is HIGHLY inaccurate. I've disputed it on my credit report and am waiting for experian to give me the results of my dispute. This has dropped my credit score almost a 100 points! I haven't rented from this company in over a year and never returned anything late ever! I only went there a handful of times.

• Am
    Amy Pope Nov 28, 2010

Same thing just happened to me!!! Saying i owe $96.00 !!! No letter, no phone call, and we couldn't figure out who the hell it was from! Took my credit score down 150 points and we are trying to buy a house! Not anymore! Hell no!! They will not get this one over on me!!!

• Am
    Amy Pope Nov 28, 2010

And contact your local attorney general also to file a consumer complaint!

• Colin Dec 19, 2010

I researched this on the Internet and found we are not alone. See Below----

If you owe it, pay it; if Not
    or http://aaacreditguide.com/credit-repair-letters/validation-letters/ or www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation.shtml
    Call Experian at: 1-866-853-0303 IMMEDIATELY
    Call The Federal Trade Commission at: 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)
    Lastly- File A Complaint with the Oklahoma Better Business Bureau

• Lu
    Lurbyloo Jan 19, 2011

Same exact situation here in MS as all of the above!!! The only way we found out this had happened was when we recently pulled our yearly credit report! According to Experian, it had been placed with the same debt collection agency mentioned above, and reported to them in OCTOBER!!! We NEVER received a letter, a phone call, nothing from Movie Gallery nor this debt collection agency! We disputed the report with Experian and they removed it from the credit report. Just today, 3 months after the fact, we receive a letter from debt collector!! We owe Movie Gallery nothing, we will not pay this bogus charge, and will be filing complaints with BBB, Attorney General, and FTC... Maybe if we all complain enough, something might be done about this!

• Ta
    tassja98 Jan 22, 2011

The same thing just happened to me. I close my movie gallery account over two year ago after returning all moview rented. They claim that it is for a May 2010 rental but the Movie Gallery in my area had gone out of business by May 2010. This is a terrible scame that only Experian will report. Something needs to be done about Experian as well as NCS and Movie Gallery. I am irrate and appalled that these individuals can do this!!!

• Colin Jan 30, 2011

Tass and Lurby- Please fight this and Experian will remove it.

C

Movie Gallery — Account sent to collections without any notice of debt

Movie Gallery is now turning account holders over to collections for alledged unreturned rentals and unpaid...

Movie Gallerytanning beds

The tanning bed service is AWFUL! The beds are never clean. One bed is completely broken the top cover collapses, the face tanner is broke. The door is broke & does not even lock. The rooms are completely trashed, The radio was broken & laying in the floor. The fan was broken into & parts of it was sitting in a chair. There's a variety of vulgar posters on the walls. The store is extremely hot inside to the point of having shortness of breath before even getting in the tanning bed. The air is never on anymore. & When I asked an employee if they could please clean the dirty bed before my usage he informed me rudely that if I want a clean bed I better learn to clean it myself. I am a loyal customer & a more than frequent customer I normally use movie gallery's tanning beds 5 times a week & have been going for a couple of years & never have I been treated with such disrespect.

• Britt,

Thank you for voicing your concerns about the tanning equipment and service at this location. Our goal at Movie Gallery is to provide you with an exceptional experience on every visit, and it sounds like we fell well short of that on this occasion. I have forwarded your feedback regarding our tanning equipment to those in charge of maintaining our tanning beds. Likewise, I have forwarded your concerns regarding service and cleanliness to the Regional Management in that area who will be sure to investigate further. Hopefully your next visit will be better.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, we sincerely appreciate your membership. Should you need assistance with any additional customer service issues, please feel free to contact us at 1-8-SPEAK-TO-US.

Sincerely,
    Dan A.
    Movie Gallery Customer Service

Movie GalleryExtremely rude manager

Yes, I am a customer of this business (video rental store) and was appalled by the totally disrespectful employee, Dustin, who used profanity with myself during a phone conversation this past week. I expect a written apology from this young man, but have yet to receive it. I am thinking seriously of either moving my account to another location or closing my account and demanding that this store refund my credit value for such inexcusable customer service. I will not tolerate profanity used in such poor customer service. I have submitted the phone number of this business and request that whomever please make certain that this matter is addressed promptly. I expect a valid response promptly as well.
Thank you, Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson,

Good luck. This employee will get reprimanded, possibly terminated. But you will never see your credit. Any business (especially Movie Gallery) will not pay out an in store credit. It does not make sense. At most they may issue you more credit to encourage you back, but not pay it out to you so that you may spend it somewhere else, that does not make sense from a business point of view.

Paying out a credit only opens the door to loose customers, where as retaining a credit on account means that customer has to use the credit by purchasing items from that location.

Movie GalleryHostile customer service

We received a hostile phone call from the store manager concerning the movie "9" she felt we had not returned. We had recently returned it, told her so and she hung up, only to call back a few minutes later after having "found" it in the spot we said it was. Then she proceeded to tell us how there was no bar code on it and she demanded to know if we had children. Her customer service was deplorable. I asked what that had to do with the returned movie and she blamed them for having peeled off the bar code. Are you kidding me? Is this how any company keeps its customers? She proceeded to spout on about how we needed the bar code to return it and how it's charged to our account and I kept asking what this means now, then, getting nowhere handed my husband the phone. He talked with her, also incredulous, and then she HUNG UP ON HIM! Then we thought maybe she had charged us the price of the movie, and so if she was holding the movie "9", then we weren't sure if she meant it was ours. It was just so confusing and unbelievable for her to accuse our children then rant at us, then hang up! My husband went up to the local store to try and find out what more we could do to figure this out, but she kept insulting us about how we were refusing to accept that we had "allowed our children to pick off the bar code" then acted all angry that we didn't notice or pay attention to the "missing" bar code. My husband just asked for the customer service number, and it's closed Saturday, so that is why I am emailing this complaint. Perhaps a store that is losing business to Netflix and Redbox should implore their sales representatives to treat customers with respect. I would have been eager to work with her and solve the problem. Because of this we will NEVER go into another Movie Gallery again.

• Kb
    kbowho Feb 04, 2010

As an past employee..I can understand you being upset. If she knew what she was doing she should have been able to print a new barcode and not have to call you...apparently she knew who had rented it because she knew who to call. I agree...that was completely uncalled for...But thats what happens when MG doesnt care enough to train people. I cant say I blame you for not going back in the store...I dont go back either

• Cn
    cnderson Feb 04, 2010

I agree one hundred percent. Word of Wisdom, as employee of any business, it's best to leave one's childish and such poor attitude at home, especially IF head/general manager Lacks common sense to discipline self and/or rude employees.

saltybob Feb 19, 2010

Wow, that is a horrible experience. As an employee anywhere, especially a manager, you should never treat your customers like this.

And seriously, its not like you went through this persons house and smashed all their china (not implying you did anything), in fact this movie doesn't even belong to the manager, she is not out of pocket for anything!

• 1s
    1stSgt Rowland Mar 26, 2010

It's no wonder this place is going out of business, and using our tax dollars to file bankruptcy, AGAIN! After using this place to rent movies over the years they have become complacent, never having enough copies of popular movie titles to downright sorry customer service. I stood in line today in the Jacksonville, NC store on Henderson while a brand new staff of idiots gaffed me off to wait on another customer that was in line behind me. Luckily the customer was kind enough to tell this no doubt under aged child that I was n line before him. What astounded me was her response to his correction. She gave him a look of “geez buddy I’m trying to hook you up”. Was that what she was thinking? I can’t prove it but I can tell you this. After years of renting and buying movies from this place I will take pleasure in helping in the demise of this poorly ran business. 11% unemployment and you people take customer service for granted. I think the young man recognized who I was and really tried to help this child recover only to punt the ball into the stand. You are my mission now.
    Harold Rowland
    1stSgt. USMC Ret.
    Family readiness Officer
    Camp Lejeune, N.C.

JHilOK Apr 22, 2010

I went into the Clinton, OK Movie Gallery today to rent AVATAR and found out they were closing. I asked about my 3 Month Pre-Paid PowerPlay status and how to process a refund. The member of management was absolutely no help. I have spent 10 years in retail and have never been treated this way. She was from a Texas Movie Gallery. I have been through one bankruptcy and two buyouts in retail and never gave this type of customer service. She also spent all of her time on the phone talking to other stores about the Clinton, OK employees being terminated, their salaries, and unemployment benefits. I can't wait to resolve my membership issue and move on. Sometimes it helps to keep it local, so when businesses close you are still given repsect intead of just being screwed.

Movie Galleryrude manager/employees

unknowing to me the person I spoke with was the store manager.
Clint does not seem to care if he has a job or not and by the looks of the business the store is getting he won't have to worry about it much longer. It does not really matter what took place only that they lost my business and my familiy all over nine dollars and very nasty attitude. Nice way to do busines.

Movie GalleryCustomer Service

First, I would have made a formal compliant if I had found a customer relations address on your site. I visited your store the week of December 14, 2009 and made two rental purchases; I was told upon checkout the movies would be due back to the store on December 21, 2009. I returned the movies to the Marion location on that date at 12:19pm and was told I had a late fee of $11.83. The person working the desk was not very pleasant either, but she really has never been nice to me. I paid the fees but feel I was not responsible as the movies were returned on time according to my original checkout by the person at the desk that day. I would also like to add if the employees spent less time on their cell phones and more time helping customers the store would benefit and Movie Gallery would not have to close more locations as has been the case in the past.

• Ap
    AprilD Jan 28, 2010

All of Movie Gallery's rentals (at least at every store I have worked at) are 5 night rentals. That is the rule of thumb. If you returned your movies on the 21st, you were way past due. Sorry about your trouble, but just remember that it is always five days. Sometimes employees make mistakes, or you could have even heard wrong, so always ask for a receipt and it will have your due date listed.

AprilD,

Some of the Movie Gallery's have changed to 2 day / 7 day rental. The default is 2 days, but one could upgrade to the 7 day for about $2 extra.

Also this customer states that they rented on the WEEK OF the 14th, to me they seem unsure of they date they rented, however they could very well be within the 5 day period.

Irish,

Receipts dont print unless it is on a powerplay account (which this one is obviously not), or if a customer asks for it.

Cloud,

I would have suggested talking to the rude employee and telling them to check your rental history (shift-F6), the employee would have been able to see exactly what day the movies were rented, and what day they were due back. Since everything is logged in the computer chances are the mistake that was made was on your end. You should clarify how many days you are renting by how much you are paying (for $5.91 a movie I would guess thats the standard rental period 2 or 5 days). It is very possible the person working the counter may have thought they were a day ahead and told you the wrong day, but as the rental agreement states, you are responsible for returning the movies on time, and you are responsible for any fees accumulated on the account.

My suggestion for the future, dont depend on the staff to tell you when your movies are due, know when your movies are due (Take the day you rent and add 2, 5, or 7 depending on your rental period).

JHilOK Apr 22, 2010

I did not personally go bankrupt I worked for Software Etc.../Babbages/Funcoland/GameStop/EB for 7 years and The Limited for 3 years. I remember closing stores in metropolitan areas I just don't remember the poor customer service or talking about it on the sales floor. Thank you for the negative comments. All comments are appreciated.

• Hv
    HV Customer Support Apr 23, 2010

JHiLoK-

I apologize for the level of customer service you may have received at the store level and would like to help you resolve this issue.

Please contact Movie Gallery's Customer Relations department at 1-877-325-8687 for a prorated refund of any unused PowerPlay credits. We are open daily 8am - 7pm (PST).

Wes W.
    Customer Relations
    Movie Gallery Inc.

• Re
    redlady7747 Jun 25, 2010

I have contacted the 877 number and was treated terribly. The guy that talked to me basically said I was not going to be compensated and that he knew the company has messed over 1000's of people. I think it is absolutely pathetic that a customer server number would allow people to work for them that completely disrespect their customers and tell them there is no one else they can talk to, or no supporting documentation on the court case that he referred to as the reason we were not going to get compensated.
    Very disappointed,
    Redlady7747

Cloud Strife Aug 15, 2010

Well I guess I won't have to worry about it now as the place has gone belly up. I couldn't be happier to see the dump close. I also like the fact that the rude employees have now moved into the unemployment lines to add to McDowell's 11% unemployment rate. I guess I got the last laugh after all. I hope the rest of the Movie Gallery stores across the United States crash and burn in hell soon. No place in America for this kind of rude behavior.

Movie GallerySTORE MANAGER-RUDE

They have a new manager at this location named Tomas Christensen, and in all my years of renting videos he has got to be the rudest & worse store manager I have ever come across. He is young, his face is stuck to a cell phone, but you never see him talking to anyone. But he never greets any customers, he never smiles, not once while you are there no matter what time of day or day of week he is on that phone at all times. So you feel like your bothering him when you want to ask him a question. And when you do ask him a question he ignores you. I am wondering if I am the only one that is having this problem with this person. He is horrible person. I never speak of anyone that way. I am going to start going to another store if they don't do something about him. He has the worst bed side manner of anyone I have ever had come across in Movie Gallery. I left message with District Manager, and it has to be a bad situation if I take the time to write this & phone the District to complain.

• Di
    DianaSigston Dec 21, 2009

Irish! I could not get over your analogy of this complaint, it almost appeared at first, you were Beth. After looking through more or less 30 of your 140+ comments I noticed you side with the company the person complains about. I will bet 98% of the time you side with the company that is complained about. You are negative, insufferable and discourteous to say the least. You filed a complaint saying you were accused of stealing a VCR accidentally!? You want people to believe you!? You have an ID of IRISH. I know there are black irish, never the less, I never seen an African American that is IRISH. Is this a game to you, or do you have a problem??

Most of your comments have thumbs down. I also have noticed Trevor also follows your comments.

I was compelled to comment on IRISH. I would not doubt if there is a complaint on IRISH

saltybob Feb 19, 2010

In the managers defense, maybe he has a lot of friends...

However he also has a job, and part of that job is to be an example to his staff. You are doing the right thing to complain to the district manager.

Movie GalleryLate fee scams

Does Movie Gallery need to scam customers to make a buck. Seems so. I signed up for an account Saturday Sept 26 and rented 4 movies which I brought back on Sept 29. The rental time is for 5 days. The store(2114 Old Spartanburg Rd Greer SC) says that they were checked in Oct 3rd and I now have a 16 dollar late fee.
That is the first and last time I ever set foot in another Movie Gallery.
Kind of sounds like the credit card companies letting a check set on a desk until the due date is up and collecting late fees.
James Pridgen

clsthered Oct 13, 2009

Did you return them late? Because thats usually why you have a late fee. And if you didn't, did you talk to the staff about it? Its rare that 4 movies would all be late if you returned them on time.

• Uw
    uwukmrn Nov 18, 2009

If they were checked in the following day I would possibly believe your complaint.

If they were found on the shelf I would probably believe your complaint.

But we, as MG employees, check movies in regularly...so to be checked in that many days after the due date, I don't believe it is the stores fault. Did you send somebody else in to return them?

• Js
    jstb0b Mar 09, 2010

Oh, don't forget they'll charge you exponentially more than the actual worth of the rental if too late. For example, if a 'friend' steals a video game and you eventually get it and bring it back, they'll charge you $75.00. I'm so glad Red Box is forcing their rules to be eventually changed. Account canceled!

• Ly
    lyssa_m_g Jan 13, 2011

jstbob as an associate of MG if you rent a movie or game and someone steals it you are still liable for it. If you had gone in and talked to a manager rather than just returning it they probable would have helped you. I know at my store if people had similar accounts or emergencies and we were notified before the return date. We usually took it off by telling them to hand deliver it and talk to an employee. Once it was checked in you locked it in to the responsibilities.

• Sh
    Shaines08 Jan 14, 2011

The same thing happen to me in Mississippi. Im so madd, my credit score dropped bad. How do i get this takem care of. Ive seen that Brian on here said something about Experian? Is there a website? Or do i call them. I need to get this taken care of fast.

Movie Gallery — powerplay

I work for Hollywood video/media gallery. We are supposed to be selling power plays. However...you have to...

Movie GalleryTreatment of Cusomers and Employee

Store #2899
This manger is incapable of dealing with her employees; she is not a people person. She shows disgruntled consideration towards both employees and customers. With the customers and the area that the store is located in the manager feels that she HAS to limit the amount of rentals that a customer gets in the video game section. The people in the area are PEOPLE and they carry CASH. So what is the problem? She is worried they will not bring the materials back to her store which may or may not affect her bonus. I know that our store has the potential to make a high revenue, however it could be higher is a lot of the local customers were not getting made at her and not coming back. There was one instance of a customer coming in and throwing a soda bottle at her and it was her own fault. She has no tolerance for anyone who is not like her.
It has been seen that she has closed customer accounts, just because the customers were not liked and customers told not to EVER come back in the store. I know that out store has been number one in our district for sometime, but at what cost? Revolving customers? Those regulars that never come in anymore, because new customers are coming in, who then they get mad and don’t come back. This is terrible business and it will catch up to this store soon.
To add, she received long term employees, ones that were there and already trained when she came in as a manager. She was asked to hire just two new employees and both have been left go in only a month’s time. She can not engage in any sort of normal training experiences that are not condescending to the employee and her patients wears thin having to explain something.
Due to the fact, that if an employee makes a mistake on the job; the employee who made the mistake is the last person to know. All the other employees know before the employee who has made the mistake. This is the sort of talking trash behind her employees’ backs and it is getting out to the other employees that she is telling things that should be a private matter- such as other people’s raises in front of those who are not yet receiving a raise. Or that, so and so is doing this and that, yet not correcting the so in so, just making them look like they can not do the job. Also, she has left personal materials such as pay stubs out so others can look at them. Just out right trashing the employees, this manager may know on paper her job and know ALL the rules and can use ALL TOOL to do the job, (that is because she is not teaching others); she really needs help in the people skills department for retention purposes of the store. Wouldn’t it be nice to see a person there for more than a months and knows the job?

clsthered Oct 13, 2009

I agree, if I was working with someone like you... I would be pretty irritated too.

• Di
    DianaSigston Dec 22, 2009

Irish! I could not get over your analogy of this complaint. After looking through more or less 30 of your 140+ comments I noticed you side with the company the person complains about. I will bet 98% of the time you side with the company that is complained about. You are negative, insufferable and discourteous to say the least. You filed a complaint saying you were accused of stealing a VCR accidentally!? You want people to believe you!? You have an ID of IRISH. I know there are black irish, never the less, I never seen an African American that is IRISH. Is this a game to you, or do you have a problem??

CLTRemployee Dec 23, 2009

I can so relate to your post OP!

Oh my goodness, are you sure your manager is not a clone of ours at Charlotte Russe? LOL

This OP is just telling things as they ARE, the truth!

We have the same kind of manager. Gets really irritated if you ask ANY questions, does not want to train you at all, refuses to let you do ANYTHING but the most menial of tasks.

We've been there for months and should of gotten a raise by now, or something, more job responsibilites.

Now, I find out after a very severe winter storm which left 50, 000 people in B. County without power, including ourselves that, he's been giving rides to certain girls in our store.

I've told him again and again it's going to be dangerous getting out early or late in the day, due to the fact our area lacks funding to sand or salt the roads (or so they say). Where we have to drive, they have not yet even plowed it to allow 2 cars to pass, only 1 1/2 cars in width, plus all the twisty roads we have to drive on.

I was assigned 7 am this past week, but after the heavy snowfall and all the dangerous roads that resulted when the road crews cannot get them all cleared properly, I asked for something in the late morning, so it wouldn't be so icy, like 11 am or 12 nooon, so I could get to the store safely & in one piece, he just pushed my hours back an hour or so, so I'm stuck between a hard place, getting on the road, and getting into a horrible accident and thus putting others at risk, or getting fired, I suppose.

Funny thing is, I already told him I wanted to quit, things were NOT working for me, and our state is an at will state, meaning you CAN quit or be fired at any point in time without notice,

Instead this misfit of a manager says that I MUST give them 2 WEEKS notice, and now these 2 weeks fall right before Christmas (how convenient for them) and just getting in our vehicle and TRYING to get to work Early in the morning is putting my very life at risk.

I'm sitting here listening to the radio and have already heard of TWO WRECKS that occurred, both on very busy roads, even the interstate has icy patches...

I don't know what to do.. We only have the one reliable vehicle, if it gets wrecked, I'll have NO transportation to get ANOTHER job!

Plus I could get badly injured or killed... We also have deer in our area, so that makes it doubly worse, as they are out & about in the early morning hours or after dark.

Thanks for the warning about Movie Galley OP! Take the same grain of salt towards CLT Russe, they do NOT care about some of their employees or customers, that's for sure!

CLTRemployee Dec 23, 2009

I'm listening to the radio and they are announcing, "remember it's STILL icy out there, so please be careful!"

Wow.. what do I do? Put my very life at risk or just call and quit?

Hope the DM is reading this and sees how our store mgr. likes to put certain people's lives at risk!

This guy needs the boot and it sounds like your store manager at Movie Galley does too!

• Mo
    movgal_b17ch Jan 16, 2010

wow okay again.
    we have already addressed the icy weather in the past month on conference call jan 9th.
    alot of people were fired, and they should of been. Dont call in because your bundled up in bed, call in because you had a wreck. duh.

as for Pcustomer. Managers can be cool but they have alot of stress on them right now. I don't blame them for following their own policies. Heck I do too. If you don't like your manager that much - quit. or if you think she is doing something so wrong -report her to the dm. but keep in mind if you do that, they may corner you and trap you into being written up for something stupid.

or you could transfer to another store!

Movie Gallery — Bad business policy

I am very upset about the "policy" the Payette, Idaho Movie Gallery (and employees) have told me are in...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices