HotMovieSale.com Complaints & Reviews

HotMovieSale.comCharged and never ordered anything from them..

11/02/16
I had them take this out for over a year and finally got it taken care of now all of a sudden I am being charged 9.95 again.. I have never ordered anything from this company and I want it to quit and to take this off my bill immediately! Thank you for your help for that matter I still haven't heard from Sears credit cards on the resolution of the last part.

HotMovieSale.comFree Shipping Trick

I ordered a movie in December 2010 and evidently accepted free shipping in exchange for the right to bill be $19.95 per month for the next year. I tried to call the company, HOT MOVIE SALE . COM and could not get past the "push 1 for english" section. No matter what I pushed, I could not get past this section to get a human. So, I called my credit card company, AMEX, who said they would dispute the charges. I did this every month for 5 months. After 5 months AMEX sent me a letter stating the company provided a contract saying that I agreed to pay $19.95 per month. so AMEX was going to return $100 to the company and put it on my bill. I called the company HOTMOVIESALE.COM and finally got through. They ABSOLUTELY said I could get none of my money back because I contacted the card company before I contacted them. Well, I had no idea who was billing me...I HAD to cantact the card company first to find out where I was getting billed from. So far I have paid $135 for one movie and it appears HOTMOVIESALE.COM offers no recourse. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!! Who would accept $5 saving on shipping for the right to pay $240 per year. It is obviously a HUGE ripoff! I never received ANY notification from the company that I was being billed.

HotMovieSale.com — Unauthorized charges

I ordered a movie last November.. they "said"it was on back order and delayed the mailing then "said" they...

HotMovieSale.comONLINE CON - SCAM

Buyer beware! I purchased a movie online at HOTMOVIESALE.COM on 3/7/2010. The company said that the movie had not been released yet and offered to put me on a waiting list, but I was required to pay for it first. So I purchased it and then waited at least 2 months before it finally arrived. I thought no more of it after that. Nearly a year later I discovered that HOTMOVIESALE.COM had continued to ding my credit card monthly at the rate of $9.95 for the first 6 months after the movie purchase and then increased the amount they were charging my card to 19.95 per month thereafter. After deducting a total of $192.65 (which included the amount for the DVD which was $13.25) from my card, I finally noticed the inappropriate deductions they had been making. When I called to see what the charges were all about, they said that I had agreed to a monthly membership plan when I made my first purchase. When I threatened an investigation, they agreed to cancel my membership and told me they could only refund the last 3 months payments for a total of $59.85. When I made the DVD purchase, I did not see any indication that the site was a member only site, nor did I fill out an application for membership. I didn't receive an email that welcomed me to my new DVD club, like you would normally see if doing such. If I'd received something like that it would have thrown up a red flag, I only received a confirmation of the DVD purchase. No disclosure was made regarding automatic withdrawls from my account, nor did I give an approval for such. On visiting the site today, I noticed that they have changed the "purchase" or "checkout" button to one that says "join" which would vaguely suggest that you are joining a club instead of just making a purchase. I have notified my credit card company about the fraudulent charges. I would recommend that customers avoid this website unless they are willing to have their credit card automatically charged monthly, and have the automatic withdrawls increase without receiving prior notification.

HotMovieSale.comThief's

Don't even think of ordering from these thieves, they con you to buy a movie cheap. The first site doesn't say anything about a membership. Gotcha they start by charging you $1.00 to see if your credit card works, then start charging you $19.95 per month because "you agreed to a make believe membership" I raised hell and threatened to turn them in to authorities, which they quickly refunded my $40.00, they just hope you will never balk at the charges. This is a con do not fall for it. Report to you credit card company if they get your number.

Run from this company, they are doing business in Florida where they have less laws to protect YOU. They have many other sites by different names, Research before you buy, RUN, RUN, RUN,

HotMovieSale.comscam

I ordered a $5.00 movie in November 2009 for my son. My credit card has been charged $9.95 per month since November. Upon calling hotmoviesale.com I was told I signed up for a membership automatically when I bought the movie. I never received an email or any other notice stating that I had joined a club. When I asked them to refund my money I was told they would only refund 2 months. These people and this company are crooked and this is a major scam!!

HotMovieSale.comUnauthorized $9.95 charges

I was charged $9.95 on three separate occasions, the last of which was this morning. I feel stupid for not finding it sooner, but there was no reasonable mention of any recurring payments when I made my purchase. I was charged my first $9.95 before they even charged me for the product I ordered, which wasn't received for over a month. I called them up and they knew what it was about before I had said anything. Unlike a few other people, I had no trouble at all getting my entire $29.85 returned as well as confirmation emails for both my account cancellation and my refund. Maybe I just got in contact with a nice operator or something. This is a terrible company, do not place an order with them.

Jack Evans May 24, 2010

on may21 i was charged 9.95 for nothing.overdrawn...Who do we contact to stop this crap?

HotMovieSale.comSCAM!

OMG! This place really blindsided me!

I "ordered" a DVD as a Christmas gift, but kept receiving weekly e-mails telling me it was backordered. Fearing I wouldn't get it in time for Christmas, I cancelled my order with Hotmoviesale.com and went somewhere else.

In checking my credit card statement, I see that they are charging me $9.95 for both December and January; for what? After being on hold for SEVERAL minutes, I finally got to talk to a real person (no doubt from some other country other than the good old US of A) anyway, she told me I had signed up for their membership. What the f???? She also told me they sent me confirmation e-mails tellming me this. BS! I demanded they credit my account for these two $9.95 charges, and she tells me the best they can do is cancel it, effective today, so I won't get charged "any more". Then, she pretends to put me on hold to see what she can do for me. When she comes back on the line, she tells me she will credit my account for these two charges, but I won't see it for one or two billing cycles. You bet your a*! I'm going to be keeping an eye on my bank statement to watch for it.

Websites like this give others a bad name. From now on, I'm going to do ALL my shopping through Amazon.

• Ve
    Vethraxx Mar 11, 2010

I did not research this site before I made my purchase. Same thing happened to me. I was getting pinged for 9.95 a month for 1 purchase. She told me that the membership proclamation was in plain site when I made my order. At first the rep was only going to cancel my subscription, then I said I want a refund. They were only going to credit me 9.95 and then I raised hell and they reimbursed me 19.95. AVOID this site at all costs.

Jackson22 Jul 08, 2011

HotMovieSale.comunauthorized credit card charges

I purchased a video for $29.95 at HMS. I was going through my bank statement and noticed a charge of $19.95 and went back to previous statements and found three additional charges to my account for the same amount. I called the company and they said I had authorized a monthly membership when purchasing the movie. I did not authorize any membership and had no idea what they were talking about. I asked to be reimbursed for the money they fraudulently took out of my account and they agreed to removing two months worth. I said no all the money, she said she was not authorized to do this. I asked to speak to a manager and was told they were all busy. They sent me an email and are reimbursing an additional $19.95 but still owe me $19.95. It was a true scam and I want others to be aware and want them to be forced reimburse others they have stolen from.

MAD Jun 09, 2009

I should have checked OUT MvieSale.com first before being suckered into their SO-CALLED COMPANY !
    I ordered 3 MOVIE'S and paid for 2 Delivery ...It has now been 5 Day's and no MOVIE'S !
    SO-CALLED COMPANY will not refund Shipping Fee's "EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT 2 DAY DELIVERY " like is offered on their Flacky Website !
    Beware CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT HELPFUL AND WILL TELL YOU THEY CANNOT REFUND FEE'S FOR EXPRESS DELIVERY BECAUSE ONCE IT HAS BEEN "SHIPPED " FROM THEIR WAREHOUSE IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE USPS DOES OR UPS DOES WITH THE PACKAGE " IT IS NO LONGER THEIR PROBLEM"
    What a load of BS!!!

• Me
    me33 Jul 21, 2009

Same with me. I went on line and bought a movie from HOTMOVIESALE and next thing I know I'm getting all these welcome to your new membership in our club for only $29.00 a month. I and refusing the movie I bought and have canceled the membership. Do not do business with this company. It's one big scam.

• Ge
    G. Engelmann Aug 15, 2009

This company enrolls you as a member when you order anything from their website. Stay away from hotmoviesale.com because they are bilking the public. You will not be aware they are charging your credit card for monthly fees of $19.95 when all you did was order one DVD. I learned the hard way by not monitoring my credit card closely enough. These people should be run off the web. They aren't afraid of the BBB because they don't subcribe to BBB. Let's get the word out and try to shut them down. Making a living off unsuspecting hard working folks is criminal and un american. It's a rotten company policy. If they want to enroll you in a club that allows you to purchase DVDs at a discount, then they should be upfront and open about it. No one buying one movie in five years would buy a monthly plan at $19.95 for such occasional buying. Help me run them out of business.

AngryNDen Aug 17, 2009

I just noticed the same thing. I ordered a movie in July and noticed today that $19.95 was coming out of my account which I did not authorize. I called the company and complained. I also cancelled this inappropriate membership. I submitted a ticket as well with the company to ensure that this membership WAS cancelled and demanded a refund. After searching the internet I also noticed that they will attempt to put a charge through in future months to 'test' the account. In order to prevent this my only option is to close my bank account a royal pain to me. I did not willingly authorize this account NOR did I authorize them to take funds from my account. I am furious and totally agree that they are ripping off customers without their knowledge. I do plan to disput that charges on my account and will not rest until I get a refund. $19.95 is $19.95...

• It
    italianbear Dec 17, 2009

These people are outright crooks. I bought one dvd movie for $4.95 which did not work properly and they have continued to charge me $19.95 a month. It is now 12 months since the initial order and they have charged my credit card a total of $239.40. I have made it a practice of not signing up for any clubs or membership organizations on the internet but Hotmoviesales.com works on the principle that if you order you are signed up automatically.

They refuse to refund my money for a service they did not provide.

Look up the websites these people are operating...all have reputations of scamming the customer. Their reputation is growing quite negatively.

DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANY BUSINESS.

• Jm
    jmelees Jan 02, 2010

Second round of messages with Hotmoviesale.com a division of best values brands. So I got a form letter saying "no you're wrong you did sign up for the membership which had a three day trial period."

I never received a confirmation email either due to spam blocking or best brands oversight. 3 day trial??? They are trying to steal money. I sent the following

"I'll be glad to have my bank and the fair trade office at the Colorado Attorney General office take care of this or you can refund the 9.95 immediately. Either way is fine with me.

I never never a confirmation of the unauthorized $9.95 membership fee either due to spam blocking or your oversight. I would have cancelled it immediately before your 3 day trial was over. I also never received my user name and password email for this unauthorized charge. "

• Br
    bristn88 Apr 22, 2010

This HMS site is a total scam! They claimed to have shipped my movies but I never received them, and so far I have a $1.00 charge on my account that I did not authorize. I am going to have to go to the bank today and cancel my card due to this scam. Do not ever buy from this site!

Sandra P May 05, 2010

I ordered one DVD from this company several months ago--this was the only place I could find the title I wanted. I noticed the $19.95 charge on my bill this month and called to ask. Like others, I was told that I joined a membership when I purchased the DVD. I asked how long I'd been charged and was told that I'd been charged in January, February, March, and April. I insisted on "canceling" my membership and was told that I'd get a refund of two $19.5 charges. We'll see. I'm still not satisfied until I get back all the fees I was charged, but that will take looking back through my credit card bills.

• Lw
    lwickwire Jan 31, 2011

I was hit wtih the charge. I haven't call the company yet; however, I did call my bank. They told me to come in and fill out a form and they would issue me a new card and refund me my money and I guess they will be charging the company back. I also noticed a class action law suit out there when I was searching Hotmoviesales.
    You may also want to be aware that one month the charge showed up as HotMovieSales and then the next they showed up as RebateGiant.com. So I am actually be charged twice a month. I signed up for the class action. You all shoul do the same. Not sure exactly how much I will get back from my bank yet.

HotMovieSale.comIllegal/Unauthorized Account Deductions

I shopped via this site in order to purchase a difficult to find DVD. This site advertised it as well as flaunted its comparably low price (find this movie at Amazon for triple the price...). I dutifully proceeded through their forms and was never educated on a membership fee nor was I informed that any deductions, save for the price of my purchase, would be taken from my account. Much to my chagrin, there was a $19.95 unspecified charge to my account and then almost a week later was deducted the purchase price of my DVD. I was satisfied with the product received but am unshakably sure that I authorized only the debit of the DVD that I purchased.

Thank You in advance for your time and consideration to this issue.

HotMovieSale.comFraudulent Charges

I ordered a movie from www.hotmoviesale.com. I check my credit card statement regularly and noticed a second charge to my account of $19.95. When I complained to hotmoviesale.com, I was told that I became a member of BestBrandValues.com when I purchased the item and that terms of offer of membership were displayed on the billing and shipping page during checkout in the left panel "Your purchase today includes:" I did not see this and my attention was not drawn to it in any way. I apparently "chose" not to cancel the membership at the end of the free trial period.

Hotmoviesale.com also said that they "immediately send you two e-mails to the address you provide at the time of checkout, one email is confirming your order and the second email is confirming your membership with the free trial period provided to you and again with detailed offer and billing information." This is not true. I received an order confirmation and a shipping notification, neither of which mentioned a membership offer or a fee for membership.

I did finally receive an e-mail which contained information on the monthly membership agreement, which costs a monthly fee of $19.95. Coincidentally, this e-mail was sent to me the day after I complained to hotmoviesale.com and told them I had reported them to the Better Business Bureau.

This is a company whose business practices are shady at best, if not downright fraudulent. Buyer Beware indeed!!!

• Rr
    RRL Dec 31, 2009

I have no record of ordering anything from Hotmoviesale.com yet they charged my credit card account. Where did they get my credit card number? Ebay, Paypal? I hope they are put under by the feds and sent to prison.

HotMovieSale.com — Scam company, doesn't have DVDs but charges

Company purports to sell DVDs at discounted prices. Online prices look good. When you order, you receive...

HotMovieSale.com — Unauthorized Charge

I orderd two movies for my Son for Christmas from www.HotMovieSale.com. I was looking at my monthly statement...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices