Magazine Subscription Complaints & Reviews

Magazine SubscriptionTaking Advantage

My mother was solicited on two separate occasions to purchase magazines.. She has very bad memory loss and she didn't remember signing up. They took over $200 from her account beginning in Feb through May. I cancelled her debit card and contacted that company.. They requested a note from her doctor stating her condition which I did. The owner (Sally) said that she would cancell the account but she wouldn't refund any money to her. Of course I heard this from one of her collectors and was assured she would call me regarding this.. No call..nothing. This company likes to take advantage of senior citizens on fixed incomes. How sad is that? I don't recommend ANYONE using this company... Taking money from an old person that doesn't remember... THEY OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!

• Jh
    JHURST Jan 04, 2009

I ordered 2 magazine subscriptions from a co-workers daughters for a elementary school fundraiser but have not received one of them.

• Le
    lemonmelon Feb 12, 2009

I ordered magazine subscription back in August 2008 but never received anything. I called them in December 2008 and they said I had to wait for another 8 weeks for the magazine to arrive but never received anything until now February 2009.

• Ad
    Adrian Mar 14, 2009

This number called me over 6 times in one day, they wont stop. Whenever i pick up the phone, they dont respond. They leave blank messages in my voice mail.

Ive read reports of them scamming people out of money, and i feel like there is nothing i can do.

Please help me!

• Mj
    mjinva May 08, 2009

I was caught in the same scam here in the Boston area. Two very sweet-sounding sales people - played the sympathy card BIG time. Said they had rough times growing up, and this sales initiative was truly a life saver for them - "turned our lives around". I wasted $52 on May 4, 2007, and still haven't seen a thing. Many promises (by phone) after the fact, but nothing. I filed an email complaint with the Texas (their mailing address) Attorney General's office. DO NOT GIVE THEM A DIME.

• Po
    PoPo66 Nov 11, 2010

So I had a african american young man, very well dressed and mannered rip me off! This man had plenty of good stories to tell and I was glad to be able to help him but unfortunatey HE was a sneak and STOLE my money! People need to watch out for these supposable good men that are really creeps. Thanks for not selling me my magazine! Never recieved, cashed my check and never saw the magazine!

• Th
    The trusting fool Nov 11, 2010

Did this person experience the reverse racism that so many people don't believe exists in this country which is at the point of being very noticeable? I am constantly reminded how the majority of black males between the age 15 and 60 years old don't care about and don't want to be fair with the white people they do business with. My white parents and the community that I was born and raised in taught me the most basic moral principle which is treat all people equally and do not consider race an issue. But, when we leave our nice communities and go out in the big cities we find that other cultures, to a certain noticeable extent, don't carry the same morals and principles that the good communities have taught their own. And, there are quite a noticeable amount of black people who constantly take advantage of the good white people who've been raised in better community environments than those blacks have which causes them to hate and resent and not give a darn about white people as a whole ! So, is this what this person is really complaining about? Who knows? Who cares to know?

• Th
    The trusting fool Nov 12, 2010

Hello Thelovefist ! I care to know the truth. Do you? Or, do you care to know the truth? Or, are you one of those liberal left-wing close minded paranoid people who don't like intelligent people who are trying to make an intelligent observation of something that's affecting their personal life in a negative manner?Anyway have a nice day sir or ma'am or a person who just likes making love with his fist, if so please don't make love to me ! Oh, relax I was just playing around with your unusual name.

Magazine SubscriptionDid not pay for subscription renewal at Golfweek Magazine

US Periodicals called and offered me a 3-yr. renewal of Golfweek for $97.50. They charged it on my
credit card and was paid. Golfweek informs me they never received the money and is not extending my
subscription. US Periodicals of Phoenix, AZ sent me a paid receipt. Several phone calls later no one
has returned my calls. I have since found many complaints against this company, thus another one
from me.

Magazine SubscriptionDishonest Scammers

WOW-- I don’t know how these people sleep at night! They lied and scammed me and now they are threatening to take me to court. First they said I could not cancel but the guy who claimed to be the GM said he would lower my monthly fee. What did he do--HE RAISED IT! He placated me with his personal extension and promised to help me if I had problems. As it turns out he is NOT the GM and the extension does not exist. I can’t believe I fell for it and now the legal department is pursuing me! What a nightmare! Don't make the same mistake I did and steer very clear of these crooks.

Magazine Subscriptionnever subscribed

A postcard arrived today, with text as follows:
Dear Customer: thank you for participating in our program. As of this date, we have not received your remaining balance for the magazine/s you have ordered. The payment that was made to the solicitor was a down payment and our office copy of the recipt indicates a BALANCE DUE as shown above. As your "mail-in" copy states, your order is processed only after the "mail-in" balance is received in our office. Please include a copy of your receipt and this card along with your payment and mail to the address below. This is necessary for our office records. Most publishers ask to allow 90-190 days for service to begin from the date of final payment. Sincerely, Customer Service.
Flord Agency P.O. Box 480309 Delray Beach, Fl, 33448

There is a big bold print statement on top of that green postcard: Your balance is PAST DUE.
The front of the card, in addition to (correct) address and name, boasts letter/number code FC59294; Nick Fun Puz & Gms 6; Total $24.95; Balance $9.95.And: "Thank you for participating in our program. Please see the other side of this card to view important information regarding your order.

Small problem: No order was EVER placed. No downpayment was EVER made. No solicitor was EVER seen, and s/he left NO copy of ANYTHING.

Advice: If you receive a "past due" notice from Flord Agency in Delray Beach, Florida - think: have you REALLY ordered any magazines from that fraudulent and scamming outfit?

• To
    Tonya Wharton Feb 21, 2008

I was called by someone from this company they asked me for my address and my account number then they stole money out of my account. I said I di dnot want to take the magazine but they already had my account number and the money was taken out of my account.
    His name is Larry Alexander and I am very upset about the treachry that has happened to menad I want all my monry place back in my account.

I willcall tomorrow and I want my money remimbursed. This is unfair andI feel like I am being taken advantage of

• So
    [email protected] Sep 25, 2009

It wasn't the company. It was the solicitor. He probably made up an address to scam a sale and that address happened to belong to you.
    Never blame it on the company. It's not their fault. They arn't the ones taking the orders and going door to door...The solicitors are independent contractors through the company.

Magazine SubscriptionPaid for subscrption that I never received...

Salesman by the name of Lee Hicks sold subscription on 8-10-06, to this day I have not received an issue. Did get ahold of WRS once and was told that my subscription was sent to the magazine company and paid for. Called the magazine company and they have record of my subscription but it was canceled. Do not trust that you will ever get what you pay for when you have a salesman selling magazine subscriptions for WRS. As of now I cannot get ahold of anyone at WRS to get this straightened out. Voicemail box is full...

Mary K. Wright Dec 30, 2010

I have subscribed to People Magazine for years. I used to get good delivery every Friday. Then it started to come on Saturday, and then on Monday. And now I have not had a delivery for two weeks. If I cancel can I get my money back??? I have another year I have paid for.
    Mary K. Wright, Houston, Texas 77040

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices