LVNV Funding Complaints & Reviews

LVNV FundingOld Debt

I monitor my credit report every week. I noticed that an account was opened in November of 2012 as new. I have never received any correspondence from this company. My attorney explained to me that they buy up expired debt and reopen as new accounts. I disputed the information on my credit report and was directed to make a complaint here as well. I have contacted the company for the original debt and they have not responded. Thank you.
Laura Woodring
2701 Leary Lane #99
Victoria, TX 77901
[protected]
[protected]@aol.com

3 Responses
    • Always be alert Apr 11, 2013

LVNV Funding, LLC is a bottom feeding debt buyer. In 2011, they settled a pending lawsuit out of court for $12.5 Million. Some of the alleged violations included: Collecting without a license, filing false, bogus affidavits in attempts to get a summary judgement against debtors, Intentionally misrepresenting the amount the debtor owes, and, filing cases where they didn't even have the proof needed to show they had a right to sue the debtor. Of course they never admitted to any wrongdoing. Twelve and a half million dollars sure seems like a lot of money to cough up if they didn't do anything wrong...You sending them a validation request may very well get ignored by this company...Ask your attorney to send the request on the attorney's letterhead. This is usually enough to get them to back off and look for easier prey...You see, a letter from the 'debtor's' attorney tells them you mean business, and they will have to spend a lot more $$ to pursue you. In most cases, debt buyers don't have valid proof to back up their claims, that is, if the debt is even legit in the first place. So, instead of throwing money at a 'debt' they know they can't prove, they simply move on...

• MacBoy May 08, 2009

They should be in JAIL !!!

• MacBoy May 08, 2009

Rip-Off artists - take over an account, add PHONY charges, fees, then pass it on to Ambulance chasers to try and collect -

Notified State Attorney General who is bring Fraud & Embezzlement charges against them.

LVNV FundingOn my credit report

I found a company on my credit report called LVNV funding in the amount of 1580.00 for Portfolio RC. After checking into things I don't know either one, and would like them checked into please because it's a charge I have never heard of.
    Danette Larson

2 Responses
      • Se
        sexithang Jul 29, 2014

Lvnv showed up on my credit report for an account they said I opened up on 06-1-12. That is such a lie!!! *columbia house*!!! I never orderedanything from them! Lvnvllc took my credit score down 90 points! I'm working with the National Credit Federation. See I pay them. And its run by lawyers, so them lowdown [email protected]#$#%! ain't gone get away with this!!! I reported this to my rep yesterday and she is on it now. They dont know who they messin with!!!

• Th
        thatnameisalreadytaken Nov 30, 2012

One of your credit accounts must have been charged off and sold to a debt collector. Don't worry, they will find you, eventually.

LVNV FundingAwful company

LVNV funding is suing me for $909.19 plus court cost because of an old debt they purchased for pennies, the original amount was $498. I tried to pay this debt when I first found out it had been turned over to a collections agency, but they just talk down to me. LVNV funding is taking advantage of people, especially in today's economy, their paying pennies and collecting dollars, this doesn't seem right.

Isn't that called unjust enrichment, this is not their debt, they bought it which means they choose to lose money, by the way, the attorney for LVNV funding has an unlisted phone number.

Respond