LVNV Funding Complaints & Reviews

LVNV FundingOld Debt

I monitor my credit report every week. I noticed that an account was opened in November of 2012 as new. I have never received any correspondence from this company. My attorney explained to me that they buy up expired debt and reopen as new accounts. I disputed the information on my credit report and was directed to make a complaint here as well. I have contacted the company for the original debt and they have not responded. Thank you.
Laura Woodring
2701 Leary Lane #99
Victoria, TX 77901
[protected]
[protected]@aol.com

• MacBoy May 08, 2009

Rip-Off artists - take over an account, add PHONY charges, fees, then pass it on to Ambulance chasers to try and collect -

Notified State Attorney General who is bring Fraud & Embezzlement charges against them.

• MacBoy May 08, 2009

They should be in JAIL !!!

• Co
    Common sense Apr 01, 2013

Laura,
    Warning people about this company is a good idea. Posting your address and phone number on a public message board is a BAD idea!

• Always be alert Apr 11, 2013

LVNV Funding, LLC is a bottom feeding debt buyer. In 2011, they settled a pending lawsuit out of court for $12.5 Million. Some of the alleged violations included: Collecting without a license, filing false, bogus affidavits in attempts to get a summary judgement against debtors, Intentionally misrepresenting the amount the debtor owes, and, filing cases where they didn't even have the proof needed to show they had a right to sue the debtor. Of course they never admitted to any wrongdoing. Twelve and a half million dollars sure seems like a lot of money to cough up if they didn't do anything wrong...You sending them a validation request may very well get ignored by this company...Ask your attorney to send the request on the attorney's letterhead. This is usually enough to get them to back off and look for easier prey...You see, a letter from the 'debtor's' attorney tells them you mean business, and they will have to spend a lot more $$ to pursue you. In most cases, debt buyers don't have valid proof to back up their claims, that is, if the debt is even legit in the first place. So, instead of throwing money at a 'debt' they know they can't prove, they simply move on...

LVNV FundingOn my credit report

I found a company on my credit report called LVNV funding in the amount of 1580.00 for Portfolio RC. After checking into things I don't know either one, and would like them checked into please because it's a charge I have never heard of.
Danette Larson

• Th
    thatnameisalreadytaken Nov 30, 2012

One of your credit accounts must have been charged off and sold to a debt collector. Don't worry, they will find you, eventually.

• Th
    th!sman Dec 06, 2012

Debt collectors push you around if they sniff you don't know their game or more aptly your legal rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer, it will save you potential trouble in the future.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
    6-Settlement Offer Letter - very important don't pay anything without it.
    -If your state's SOL is expired the debt is noncollectable, period! That's why you
    -Never ever accept/agree/acknowledge you owe/own a debt. Per Federal law first demand a VOD. Use CMRRR (you can call but not recommended. Be sure to record the call)
    -VOD must be the original document with your signature on it, not a letterhead stating some amounts owed.
    -NEVER EVER confirm your your personal info. Tell them to mail whatever to the address on file.
    -if you legitimately owe a debt don't pay anything without a settlement offer letter.
    -mail checks with tracking No. or signature required, no electronic access to your bank ac. you will be cleaned out. Keep records for life.

TOO MANY CALLS, CALLS TO FRIENDS, WORK ETC
    -Send a C&D by CMRRR stating when, frequency and how they will contact you.
    -If you talk to a CA ALWAYS write down immediately, who called, where from, said what, why, when, what, i.e. everything. This is acceptable evidence in court.
    -If CA violate your rights each infraction is worth $1000 to you. Thus, use CMRRR and/or record all calls ->evidence is $$$ for you. No lawyer?, sue pro se, see #5 above

• Se
    sexithang Jul 29, 2014

Lvnv showed up on my credit report for an account they said I opened up on 06-1-12. That is such a lie!!! *columbia house*!!! I never orderedanything from them! Lvnvllc took my credit score down 90 points! I'm working with the National Credit Federation. See I pay them. And its run by lawyers, so them lowdown [email protected]#$#%! ain't gone get away with this!!! I reported this to my rep yesterday and she is on it now. They dont know who they messin with!!!

LVNV FundingAwful company

LVNV funding is suing me for $909.19 plus court cost because of an old debt they purchased for pennies, the original amount was $498. I tried to pay this debt when I first found out it had been turned over to a collections agency, but they just talk down to me. LVNV funding is taking advantage of people, especially in today's economy, their paying pennies and collecting dollars, this doesn't seem right.

Isn't that called unjust enrichment, this is not their debt, they bought it which means they choose to lose money, by the way, the attorney for LVNV funding has an unlisted phone number.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices