JM Lexus Complaints & Reviews

JM LexusService not identified after several complaints explaining problem now not covered

I am very displeased with the level of service I received on my latest experience with JM Lexus.

Let me first start by stating some facts:
Since the purchase of my 2006 Lexus GS 300 I have had all of my service done with JM Lexus even to include all of my oil changes.
My vehicle was under service warranty for many years after my initial purchase of my vehicle and JM Lexus did not identify my problem which would have been covered under my warranty at that time.
I complained several times about this issue I was having. I was always told there was not an issue and my car was fine.
Even after my warranty ran out I had purchased an extended warranty to cover my vehicle and again JM Lexus even during that time period never identified my problem I was having which would have been covered under that warranty also.

I brought my vehicle into JM Lexus on several occasions and mentioned a knocking sound I was hearing when my car started. Each and every time I mentioned it to the first point of check in to which sometimes they checked for the noise and other times they did not to which they said they will have the service guys check for me. Every time I got the call to pick up my car they advised either they didn't hear it or they did not know what I was talking about. this went on for years. Once I couldn't take the noise anymore I reached out to several mechanics to which they ended up doing there own research after hearing the noise and found an internal memo (L-SB-0152-08) generated from Lexus to their individual dealerships dated Oct 27th 2008 stating that the problem occurs with 2006 gs 300 models and it described my exact complaint with JM Lexus. It also said that it would be covered under my warranty both at the time of my complaint or even my aftermarket service warranty if it was identified by their service techs or picked up my the initial check in person or any of their mechanics, but yet my exact year vehicle and exact model and exact complaint was never acknowledged nor associated with this memo that was only shared from Lexus to their dealerships. I am not a mechanic nor should I have to enlist other mechanics to do the job of JM Lexus. Once I found out about the memo and I finally asked my service guy Mr Stacy Parker and sent it to them they finally identified it. So I had to go through all this to only discover this "internal memo" to find the problem with my car that would have been covered at any time during any of my warranties and now guess what now it becomes an issue to cover it. I was then told to bring the vehicle in again for them to now confirm it and guess what now all of a sudden it's confirmed - how ridiculous!!! My car was started there at least once every 3 months for an oil change and you think this problem just started within 3 months when I've been complaining about it for years - even more ridiculous. I was then advised to call and speak to Lexus directly since my vehicle is out of it original warranty and guess what because it's over a 4k job they don't want to cover it even though I've explained that it was serviced with them for years and that I've complained over it for years and again they refused to do anything with such a loyal customer. I've had my vehicle serviced by them for things that were astronomically higher than what could have been done for much less with other dealerships/mechanics, I've referred countless people to include family them thinking this was a great dealership. I've purchase a second vehicle with them and this is the thanks that I get. Never Again will I be treated like this. I can't believe that a company that strives for greatness treat such loyal customers like this. Now I'm left with a 4k job on my vehicle because of JM LEXUS.
PLEASE BE AWARE that even if you think your are getting good service you have to be an expert mechanic or look for internal memos that are not circulated to the public or made aware from your dealership to identify a problem that is commonly known through this dealership but not made aware to you!!!

JM LexusBad sales/service deal

I bought a 2003 es 300 with 23000 miles from jm lexus in margate, fl. The first day I had the car, there was a loud knocking noise under the steering wheel. I called and told he sales rep, chris and michael about it. I suggested that we cancel the deal because of other issues. They took the car and fixed it but upon receiving the car, 2 days after, the noise came back. I took it again and one service writer said it was parked too long and another said there was a recall on the shaft system for the 2003 models. I went back and the director told me he cannot take back the car and nothing can be done about repairs.

• Ri
    Riskman7 Jul 17, 2009

The JMK Lexus dealership is a joke. I paid $35, 000 cash for by "Pre owned" RX 330 and was given a coupon for free 5, 000 mile service. When I came in for the service I was told I wasn't supposed to have the coupon and I was treated like I stole it. After about 20 minutes of debate they finally changed my oil for free. They regual price is $99.00 if you can believe that.

MY 6 CD changer doesn't work properly. When a CD ends an error message appears and you have to shut off the engine and restart. Guess it's a PC. JM told me the problem is playing CD's we burned ourselves. The problem occurs with any CD but JM won't or can't fix it.

I brought the car in for collision damage repair. I sent them the estimate 30 days in advance and was assured that I had nothing to worry about. When I dropped the car off my "Collision Consultant" looked at the estimate for the very first time and informed me that it was too low. I asked them why they couldn't call the (other drivers) insurance company and explain the problem. The response was "We don't do that." Every body shop I ever dealt with will call the claims adjuster but not JM. I incurred out of pocket cost to get the repairs done.

This dealership has very luxurious amenities but don't be fooled. The CUSTOMER is paying for it with overpriced vehicles and service. We're all being duped.

• Ta
    tammy123 Aug 25, 2009

I bought a new Lexus IS 250 last March. One year later, I decided I would like a larger Lexus. Went to the same dealer (Lexus of Chattanooga, TN.) to trade in the IS250 which I paid $37, 000.00. The care looks like it did when I drove if off the lot and only had 9k miles on it. They wanted to give me $22, 000.00 for the car.. I bought the Lexus instead of a Cadillac CTS because they explained that Lexus had the best resale value. BS!!!
    I am still in the Lexus but I promise you, it will be the last. FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU. FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME! Over priced and bogus company...

• Us
    USS Dec 22, 2010

J&M LEXUS !! THEY ARE [censor]S AND [censor]ES !!!

• 1k
    1KS Dec 24, 2010

Hi Tammy123,

I 110% agree with you about the J&M Lexus... "am still in the Lexus but I promise you, it will be the last. FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU. FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME! Over priced and bogus company..."

I DISLIKE THEM VERY MUCH, BUT FEW EXCEPTIONS OF THE RULE!!!

STAY AWAY FROM J&M LEXUS!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices