Imperial Outdoor Living, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Imperial Outdoor Living, Inc.Ripped Off Too.

We went to the Home & Garden Show at the San Bernadino County Fairground in Nov., 2006. We had gone to approx., 5 other Home & Garden Shows, since June 2003 And the last 3 times Imperial Outdoor Living was there and we were looking for BBQ Island. So when we saw them in Nov., 2006, We decided to order one of thier's. We put a $2,000.00 deposit to hold show price for 1 Yr. In Apil 2007, we called to confirm colors & Tile type and start production, As they had instucted us to call 3-months before delivery. As with everyone else who have tried to call them, we got NO AVSWER. They had given us a list of their employees, names & cell phone #'s. We tried them all, only to get message's of no longer in service, except we did leave a message for Chris & Randy. Chris never responed. By the end of April, we were pretty Upset, because our contractor needed a delivery date to schl'd worker's to install. We finally went into the internet & all we found "Complaints".
Well here's another one to add to the list. We just recently found out from a friend, that the Police has arrested someone that had SOLD BBQ Islands at the Home & Garden Shows. The company had Ripped off people for alot of Money. We don't know if the company name was Imperial Outdoor Living, Inc. or not, But if there is anyone out there who's knows the company name? Please contact us. We would like to help in anyway possible to see that justice is served and that someone be held accountable. Contact: Mark or Anna, PH.[protected] or Email to [protected]@verizon.net.

• Pa
    PAT H. Oct 28, 2007

I have had my BBQ island going on four years. I never had a problem until this summer. Suddenly, the grill no longer works! Evidently, there is a gas leak somewhere. Therefore, the gas does not reach the burners

I too attempted to contact Imperial but to no avail. Their phone number has been disconnected.

If anyone has any suggestions on how we can ban together and possibly file class action-contact me via this complaint board. I'm sure someone out there is or knows of an attorney who can help us or point us in the right direction.

• Ke
    kelly rezek Dec 14, 2007

I too purchased an Imperial BBQ for the price of $4100 at a Home Show in Phoenix, Arizona. We placed a deposit originally and then made subsequent payments. It is now December 14, 2007 & we have purchased our new home & called to make arrangmenets for delivery. I was met with a disconnected telephone number and an internet search that was met with these complaints. If anyone can shed any light on the status of Imperial Outdoor Living, I'd greatly appreciate the information. I can be reached at my home telephone number of 928-772-6151 or via email at [email protected] . Thank you. Kelly Rezek

• He
    Hector & Suzanne May 02, 2008

Crime and Public Safety 4-26-2008
    Article Launched: 04/25/2008 11:41:38 PM PDT

SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY
    Two arrested in fraud scheme

Two people have been arrested in connection with a consumer fraud scheme.

Investigators with the San Bernardino County district attorney's Specialized Prosecutions Group arrested Phillip Bovard, 33, of Upland and Luis Gutierrez, 39, of Rancho Cucamonga on suspicion of consumer fraud.

The investigation took six months, according to a news release from the District Attorney's Office.

Gutierrez and Bovard were corporate officers of Imperial Outdoor Living Inc., a company that manufactured and sold outdoor barbecue islands and patio home furniture, according to the release.

The products were sold at home-improvement shows in Nevada, Arizona and California.

Customers would place down payments, sometimes of more than $7, 000, for items that they never got, according to the news release.

The two continued to seek out new customers and additional payments from layaway accounts even after they could no longer deliver the products, according to the releases.

Customers lost a total of $350, 000, authorities said.

The two were booked into West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga on $1 million bail each.

- [email protected]

We also purchased a bbq from Imperial Outdoor Living. We had similar problems with delivery delays, etc. Now 3 years later, we have broken burners, sound system, lights, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on what we can do at this point now that these two have been arrested. Perphaps we need to contact the District Attorney in that county.

• Ke
    Kevin C May 19, 2008

Did this company have anything to do with a company by the name of Fantasy Islands in Rancho

Imperial Outdoor Living, Inc.BBQ Island purchased still does not work

I purchased a BBQ island from a home show in the Phoenix area and received it 3 months later. The grill has not worked properly since i received it. The company sent a tech out once who didn't fix it either. I have made many calls to get this resolved since they do advertise a "lifetime guarantee" and they do not answer their phone, it just keeps ringing. T this day 1 year later I still cannot cook on my bbq.

• To
    TOM MCHUGH Oct 11, 2007

I agree whole heartedly. I purchased one in Tucson Jan 2006 and received it 4 months later. I tried to get out of thew contract but an attorney told me it would cost more than it was worth. I have it and also had problems with it but solved it myself by putting an adjustable regulator on it. When I tried to call them they were rude and it took weeks to get them to answer the phone.
    At the time I purchased it my wife said to beware but I didn't listen, I will from now on.

I just tried to cal them and the phone is no longer in service. I need new buttons for the igniter as the rubber has rotted.
    I should have checked with BBB first, another lesson learned.

Tom McHugh.

• Mi
    mikewest Nov 02, 2008

That is what happens when you buy it from a company out of state from a home and garden show. The home and garden shows are going down hill by selling space to companies that have a bad reputation. They say they do a "back ground check" but they do not. I would also put the blame on them to get their act together.

Imperial Outdoor Living, Inc.No product received - $2100 lost!

We ordered an outdoor BBQ Island at the Home Show, at the Mid-State Fair grounds in Sept 2006. We paid $2100 down. We have never received any product and are now unable to reach the company by phone, fax and certified mail.

• Na
    Nancy Irving May 01, 2007

I received a letter on 3-27-07 stating they were out of business and no refund was forthcoming. I think we should file a complaint with the district attorney against Mr. Bovard. You cannot take people's money and then just decide that you are not going to provide the product or a refund without filing bankruptcy. I will take this as far as I can. It's the principal of the thing not just the money.

• Po
    Poetic Justice Apr 27, 2008

SB COUNTY
    Two men arrested in furniture scheme

Two men have been arrested in connection with a three-state fraud scheme. They are suspected of selling furniture through home-improvement shows but never delivering the products, authorities said.

Phillip Bovard, 33, of Upland, and Luis Gutierrez, 39, of Rancho Cucamonga, were taken into custody by the district attorney's Specialized Prosecutions Group.

Bail for Bovard and Gutierrez was set at $1 million each.

The men were corporate officials with Imperial Outdoor Living - a manufacturer and seller of outdoor barbecue islands and patio home furnishings - that sold items in California, Arizona and Nevada.

People placed down payments ranging from $500 to $7, 000 for products they never received, authorities said.

Losses are estimated at more than $350, 000.

- [email protected]

inlandnewspapers.com

Imperial Outdoor Living, Inc. — Poor business practices and lies!

I was at a home show and was told if I put down a deposit of $1000, this would guarantee a show price for one...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices