Ian Travel Services ( Hotels.com) Complaints & Reviews

Ian Travel Services ( Hotels.com)Unlawful and unauthorized charges

Underage child was playing with Hotel.com website and unknowingly my credit card number was entered. Within less than 3 (three) minutes I called customer service/help telephone number from the website and explained to them what happned that under age child did by mistake. The representative help me to cancell the reservation. I got the confirmation of cancellation immideately on line but the representative informed me that reservation is cancelled but no charges will be credited back to my credit card because this is non-refundable policy website.

I disputed the credit card charges but credit card company is telling that they cannot credit me because the IAN Travel Services (Hotel.com) is informing that eventhough with all information on record they cannot credit because it is non-refundable policy.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Ian Travel Services ( Hotels.com)Unauthorised and fraudulent charge

I booked a room through Hotels.com for one night in London on 12 Feb 2009 which amounted to £74.75p. When my credit card statement came through there were 2 separate amounts, both listed as Ian Travel Services. The first was for a sum of £149.73 listed as 28 Jan 2009. There was then the correct amount of £74.75p listed as the 1 Feb 2009. I have absolutely no knowledge of any amount for £149.73p and did not book or authorise this amount. I have informed my credit card company of the facts. I might add I received a confirmation e-mail from Hotels.com for the lesser amount.

Comment Guidelines

9 Responses
      • La
        lab40165 Jan 12, 2010

I would have been nice to know all of these bad comments before using hotels.com aka 1800 hotel aka IAN travel service. When I made my reservation I really had no idea that these nightmarish things could happen. This company is a disgrace, the people who work for it should be ashamed of their business practices. I plan to dispute the entire transactions in the hopes that one day if everyone talks about this something will be done to put a stop to all this lying and fraud, and if nothing else some personal satisfaction that IAN travel had to do some extra work to keep their ill gotten gains.

• Ca
        CanadaQuebec Dec 19, 2009

At first glance, we also tought we had an unauthorised charge on our last credit card statement.

We have booked through Super 8 hotel online reservation (witch appears to be RestoMontreal.com in the confirmation email) on dec. 4 (for dec. 26), and we were in an other hotel (Plaza Quebec) in dec. 5. We were guests there, but had to leave our credit card number to the desk, as usual. On dec. 5, that Ian Travel Services transaction appeared. First reflex was to call at both hotels. They did not kwow about that Ian Travel services company. So we called the credit card company to get some informations about unauthorised transactions, but they cancelled the credit card on the spot, an opened an investigation, prior to refund. These guys don't take chances, and that's OK.

Well...after all that mess, checking twice at the "restoMontreal.com" confirmation email, we realised it was the same amount as the Ian Travel Services on the credit card statement, corresponds to the Super 8 reservation. All legit. but a bit fuzzy with that 3rd party...
        Super 8 hotel --> RestoMontreal.com--> Ian travel Services + Plaza Hotel =One credit card desactivated just before Xmass...

• Db
        dbsubba Nov 28, 2009

I have no doubt that hotel hotline and Ian travel Services are the big fraud. Be aware of them. I made a reservation through hotel hotline. But there was no reservation in the hotel for me. But my credit card was charged in the name if IAN Travel services.

mat198891 Nov 08, 2009

i have same name on my card y cant it say in brakets what the company website u booked it from is then atleas t u have an idea of who or what it is

• Wi
        Wieds Oct 22, 2009

I booked two rooms at the Ramada in Albequerque through hotels.com. I never received
        a confirmation from them so I called the Ramada directly. They informed me that hotels.com only reserved one room so I booked the additional room with the Ramada.
        Upon check out, the room booked by hotels.com was $348.58. The room booked directly
        with Ramada was $243.24...over $100 less. Identical rooms. Then today I got my credit card statement and there is a charge of $678.46 from IAN Travel Services aka hotels.com.
        Have disputed this charge with my credit card company. Too many red flags waving
        about hotels.com. Will never contact them again.

• Br
        Brenbren Aug 10, 2009

I came home from a short trip only to find I have been defrauded to the tune of over 300.00 as well. I contacted my bank who very kindly credited back this fradulent charge, cancelled my corporate debit card and and promply reissued another card to me. My bank was very familiar with this company and stated it has happened to many others as well. How is this continually happening? I have no clue as to how they even obtained my card number. This company must be investigated and put out of business.

• Pa
        Patrick Barbary Aug 04, 2009

If the author withdrew his complaint because he made it in error, I do not see why this site does not remove it instead of misleading those who only read the top and major portion of the page!

• Wj
        WJS Jun 08, 2009

Is there a number to contact Ian Travel Services

Chris Chant Feb 28, 2009

Owing to being given some misinformation, I would like to withdraw this complaint and apologise for making it. I can confirm that the charge was genuine.