HWA Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews

HWA Home Warrantyservice

this will be my 5th or 6th complaint kind of hard to keep up with because that is all I do is complain with no resolution. To begin my claim originated in July regarding my air conditioner it is almost October and I am still waiting. At first I was asked to send in my inspection report because I just bought the house and the air went out so I did comply I sent in 17 pages of my report which included both units but for some reason a person for the president's office so they say kept telling me the report did not show this he was calling me a lier they when realized that he did not receive all of the pages which shows 2 units I didn't get as much as I'm sorry for the confusion nothing . so I proceeded with my claim that was the beginning in August here it is the end of September I am getting the run around I was told the parts were ordered 3 weeks ago and still nothing.

Christopher Hornauer Sep 27, 2018

Don't renew with then. Since they were bought out by direct-energy a few years ago their repair resolution has gone in the tank. I've been with them 14 years and it will be my last. About all Direct-energy has done for them is given them a quicker answering of calls and an empathetic voice no matter how calm, irate, or whiny you are. On the back side they either can't keep up or just flat out ignore the more expensive claims.

HWA Home Warrantyservice

I purchased a home warranty and paid full price not monthly installments I submitted a claim for my air conditioner in July it is now September and all I keep getting is they are working on it (really). I have been calling everyday 2 and 3 times a day getting no where you can never speak to a supervisor or anyone in charge all they say is were sending a message. This company is horrible don't waste your money buying a warranty from them because they do not respond to your needs. I hate them they are rude and non compliant I would give them a zero for service.

HWA Home Warrantynon service no call no repairs nothing

my claim originated 7/2/18 it is now 9/10/18 without any resolve. My air conditioner is broken it was assessed that it needs to be replaced however 2 months later it has not been replaced. I can't get a call back and when I call all I get is they are working on it. wtheck. This is the worst company to do business with. I call everyday and I'm told nothing has changed and they are still reviewing my claim. I can never speak to someone in charge never

HWA Home Warrantya/c claim unethically denied

Hi

We moved in a house we bought in San Antonio. At the time we got a seller transferred HWA home warranty from our realtor. We even got an inspection at which time it was winter and the inspector could not checkthe A/C. We moved in and the A/C initially worked for 2 weeks then stopped. We called HWA, they said that this was a preexisting condition and denied the claim. This is a 3 yr old house and HWA is denying a claim on a transferred home warranty. So it should have been valid even if it were a preexisting problem. Since it was working at the move it was not so either way it should not be disputed.

I do not know why we are being harrassed unduly for a straightforward claim and i hope it is not the norm with thid company. Both of us are busy with time at a premium sitting in a 95 degree house due to the dishonesty of HWA not wanting to follow through on its obligations. We are calling everyday and holding for 45 mins to 1 hour to finally be transferred to manager which is basicaly a voice mail.

Please call and set this right at [protected] now

Christopher Hornauer Sep 27, 2018

Unfortunately this is 'the new' HWA. I've been with them 14 years and they use to be a very good company to work with. AC work is their biggest let down. 8 years ago when I had a compressor blow, I had a new full condenser unit in less than a week (still long for Houston) Fast forward to last year, same unit went out, we went round and round for nearly a month and then the best they would do is cut me a check for $600 to replace a $2500 unit. And don't get me started on their ridiculous fees to have the refrigerant replaced - they wanted me to pay the technician nearly $1000 if they were to cover the compressor hardware/labor. This year the washing machine has died. Two vendors cannot get the control sensor it needs to repair. Six weeks later, washing machine still dead and my case is sitting in review. I have their 'GreenPlus' plan which is suppose to cover replacement of a non-repairable item with the same feature/high efficiency ratings - doesn't seem to make a lick of difference. They offered me a buyout of $130 on a $900 machine. I told them this weekend i would be taking their year 15 renewal money and buying a new washer with it. Save your $ and pay your own repairs. We have made a lot of company contacts over the years of working with HWA. If you show them $, they will be on your doorstep pronto. Mention home warranty and you go to the bottom of the call list.