HALO Tree Service Complaints & Reviews

HALO Tree ServiceOut To Get Your Money

I used this company twice. Both times I was overcharged by a smooth talking, lying business owner, Mr. Karvaski. The owner of this company did not keep his word with me. He has no integrity, he is insulting and I would NEVER EVER recommend anyone using this company. If you do, you are supporting a liar who will do and say anything to get your money. Do not use this company. Do not be fooled or used by this man.

HALO Tree Servicebad service

i hired this company for tree removals and had a terrible experience. the job kept getting pushed back due to numerous excuses, when they would work it would 1/2 days leaving a mess in the yard or they would be soliciting business or working across the street on a neighbors yard . he wanted cash only payment up front for an unfinished job. it took almost a month to finish a job that i was told would take about 3-4 days. really unprofessional, filled with excuses. would not reccomend.

jmk3438 Mar 27, 2012

i may have the same problem with these guys...

jmk3438 Mar 27, 2012

i agree...these guys are not to be trusted...gave them a depsoit under there company name and did about about 50% of job and they dissapeared.

jmk3438 Apr 15, 2012

HALO TREE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT AND HAS GREAT SERVICE.. HE CAME BACK AND DID A GREAT JOB CUTTING MY TREES AND STUMPS... I WAS WRONG ABOUT MY PREVIOUS COMLAINT!!! THERE AFFORDABLE AND RELIABLE AND I WILL USE THESE GUYS AGAIN.

• Wa
    Wayne Trager Oct 06, 2017

How much did Jeffrey pay you to retract your complaint. I'm taking him to court for destroying my property, and he didn't even take down my tree, it was my neighbor's tree!

HALO Tree Serviceunprofessional

we also have had a very bad experience with Mr Jeff Karvaski. not only did he lie about a tree being infested with carpenter ants, he told this to the people who live behind us and talked them in to paying for it to be taken down. after weeks of waiting for him to show up, he and his crew came in, disrupted our neighbors on the left of us, took our fence out, which we know was necessary, and took the tree down, he left saying he would be back to remove the remaining 5 ft of the stump, and fix our fence that had to be taken out of the ground. that was July 3rd, 2009. Last night he knocked on our door and said he was sorry, he would be there first thing in the morning. Well, as of today Aug 13Th, 2009, after many phone calls to Jeff, we come to find out he told the paying customers that he needed more money since he need to hire a second crew to help that day. every week since the job started has been the same sob story of how he'll be there first thing tomorrow, the rain is really setting me behind, I'll be over after church.
well Jeff, I'm religious too, maybe next time your sitting in church you should listen a little. GOD doesn't like lying thieves, AND NIETHER DO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

update: 8/22
well, he came back and finished the tree. probably because he was givin the news that a lawyer would be called. so the tree is done.
the problem now is, the fence is broken more, the garden hose was left on full blast, and theres a 12 pack of empty coors cans sitting in my recycle bin. i guess i should be thankful that the drunk didnt leave the cans scattered in my yard!

Brokenhalo Oct 17, 2012

Then tonight he shows up to thank my husband for his wife writing this compliant that cant be removed from the internet. Do your job honestly and professionally and you wouldnt have to worry jeff!

Angrygirl1 Jun 27, 2016

BEWARE: Jeffrey Karvaski is a crook. We signed a legal contract with him to fix our lawn and clean our backyard. He took 50% of the money upfront to buy materials Etc and has not shown up at all. After numerous texts and messages, he showed up when we started talking about legal action. Not to work though...he showed up, mowed the lawn and disappeared again! I've had to get somebody else to clean up the place because the neighbors were complaining! He's an unscrupulous crook, liar and does not have a decent bone in his body. And let's not even talk about professionalism... Well, I'm still going the legal route with this guy...so, Beware- DO NOT trust him for any kind of work!!

• Vi
    Victim2018 Oct 21, 2018

@Angrygirl1 Please call police and report this as theft so that other people aren't similarly victimized.

• Sw
    swindledhomeowner Aug 30, 2017

This guy is the WORST. How can anyone be this much of a waste of space!!! Jeffry took a deposit from me to do some landscaping work and has given me every excuse in the book. With all these complaints, why haven't the cops shut him down? I've never heard so many lame excuses in my life. At this point, I've lost my money and my trust in small business. Jeffrey Karvaski you are a horrible person.

• Vi
    Victim2018 Oct 21, 2018

Please call police for theft - so that other people aren't similarly victimized.

HALO Tree ServiceLate. Unreliable. Rude.

In early May of 2009, we wanted 1 tree cut down, and landscaping done. We were specific with Halo Tree Service, and the guy YES'd us over and over as we explained and repeated EXACTLY what we wanted. We were given a total price, NOT an estimate. We were told they would start Tuesday at 8:30 am... we waited... and waited... finally, they call AFTER 4 pm to tell us they couldn't make it until Wednesday or Thursday. The job was started on Thursday, they showed up late, at 10:16 a.m. to be exact... they worked less than 3 hours then left. Did not return until Monday, LATE. We decided enough is enough, explained that we were getting annoyed and we really wanted to see a more professional side of the buisness, because that it what we thought we hired at first. We really wanted this to work out, the job was already started, but even though we spoke nicely, it seemed to have annoyed them. The 1 guy told us he's cutting us a great deal we should be happy, then he leaves a not on our door with a bs "explanation" of how they need more money from us towards gas for their equipment, and tool usage. They left plastic bottles and food wrappers all over our yard. Sorry, but we did not expect this awful, unreliable service, we were welcoming, nice, up-front, honest, but this terrible buisness proved not to be. Live and learn. We should have called a Tree Service in our town.
UNRELIABLE... RUDE... LITTERED IN OUR YARD... CURSED LOUDLY... EMBARRASSING... ALWAYS LATE... SPRUNG EXTRA CHARGES...

broken halo Aug 13, 2009

Brokenhalo Oct 17, 2012

And tonight, 3 years later he confronted my husband thanking him for his wife writing this review that can not be removed from the internet! Do your job properly and you wont have to worry about bad reviews!

Brokenhalo Oct 17, 2012

And the review must be true or he wouldnt know who to thank!

Brokenhalo Oct 17, 2012

Pretty sure your the tard "vinny"

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices