Fathers Choice Complaints & Reviews

Fathers ChoiceMisrepresentation, Took Money, No Service

I contacted them and they told me that for around $150.00 they would help me get visitation for my son and reduce my child support ballance. I was incarcerated for almost 10 years and the judge made me be responsible for thirty thousand dollars in back support during my absence. Fathers Choice did not tell me that they wanted more money until after I paid them the initial fee. Then they wanted almost a thousand dollars. When I asked them why they did not tell me that from the beginning they had no answer. Now they have shut down thier phone and I have no way of contacting them. They lied to me to get their initial payment.

Respond

Fathers ChoiceUnauthorized charges

My husband and I made the mistake of trusting and using Fathers Choice for help maneuvering through the legalities of amending child support and custody orders. After months of preparation, the documents I received were full of mistakes. I finally received the corrected documents and sent them off to the court and to the server as instructed. The day the court received them, they called us to inform us that we sent the wrong documents! Fortunately, they're compassionate people and they're sending the docs back along with the correct forms we need to fill out and return. Thankfully we were also able to stop the server before the wrong docs were served on the exwife. When i called Fathers Choice to find out what they planned on doing since they sent us the completely wrong documents, I found all of the phone numbers I had were disconnected. We paid Fathers Choice a total of about $1500 for their services which were a complete joke. Waste of time and precious money. We are so disappointed and once again, feel lost as we feel our way through this very complicated process on our own. If there are any law suits in process, we would very much like to be included if at all possible. These people should be in jail.

• He
        Hello1234 Apr 14, 2010

Edward Herzstock is at it again. But this time the company is named Affordable Legal Help... Please look it up though this board ... I am trying to ban us all together to get this to stop could you please contact me at [email protected]

Also... I copied this to all the victims of Affordable Legal Help

I spoke with CJ Ward an investigator for Keyt News at 730 Miramonte Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109 last night. He stated to me that it would be our best interest to inform him of our situations. Please contact him.

Edward was second in charge for Father's Choice and CJ was a part in stopping them.

Here is a link to the News station:
        www.keyt.com

Here is a link to information on CJ Ward:

Here is proof of the tipline number:

Here are some links to the "Father's Choice" problem, from News Station:

Also, here are some more websites I found to show you who we are dealing with, this is proof that all Edward does is change the name of the company and scams the same way:

On this, you can scroll all the way to the bottom and see "Nadia Nicole" aka Nicole Smith responding to a complaint about Edward. Nadia is her real name and is involved in this even going back to Father's Choice.

Here is another website about Father's Choice:
        /URL removed/

Edward Herzstock was second in command there. If you read the article it states Edward's name several times.

Mickey Jan 15, 2009

I contracted this company in November of 2008, received a passcode and an e-mail from Tim Lynch. I watched the video.'we are here to help'(nod your head yes as you say this). I started to feel a little apprehensive after I watched the video. I followed their directions and called Tim Lynch, the phone rang 'til my cell company said ' the party you are trying to reach is not available'. I did this about five times a day for two days. My suspicion mounted.

On the third day I called customer service and spoke to a woman that said she'd contact Tim Lynch and he'd call me within 24 hours.

I never got a call. I called customer service again and got a guy who talked so fast I could barely understand him. I told him to slow down and repeat himself, he said basically the same thing. I have never heard a thing back from this company.

This evening I read all these complaints and I canceled my account with this company.

If they went out of business, how can they take money for payment? I sent e-mails to Tim Lynch and Customer Service;'undeliverable'.

Class Action? who is the attorney? I second the complainant who said 'count me in!'

A major distraction to what is already a problem to begin with.

Fathers ChoiceMisrepresentation Of legal help for child support and custody modification.

September 20th I started looking for Legal representation to help with my child support modification. While I was searching the legal aide sites for low income. On Oct 1st I found Fathers Choice. I entered my contact information and received a call with 24 Hours from a gentleman Frank Desales. After a long conversation Mr Desales made me believed I had finally found a organization that could help me in modifying my child support due to layoff. Mr, Desales sounded very professional and would be my case manager, representative from fathers Choice I agreed to pay the $ 98 to start the process. I had my current wife use her credit card to do this. I can’t exactly recall the exact date I but I was sent a e-mail and Webb address of introduction video about how fathers choice legally could help me with my case. I watched the introductory video and spoke with Mr Desales after the that. Mr Desales all along made me believe there were real attorneys preparing the case work and filings for the court. Oct 10 I was going through a long questionnaire with a different person and I can’t recall that name but it was a assistant, preparing the documents. I had to pay them in 2 installments of $300 each The last amount of $ was Now 18 trough my USA checking account.. The original amount was 850 but Frank understood my financial situation told me that he could offer to give me a discount. I agreed and paid them. I was working at the time just started a new job so my paperwork took time. I spoke with Frank 2 more times that I recall and he ensured me that I could take my time. We made the final payment Nov 18. I did not receive any more calls from him. I do remember speaking with someone named Amanda Huchingson and she was Frank’s assistant. I called one more time after making my last payment and I was asking for Amanda but someone named Mary did answer the phone and informed that she no longer was working for them. I have now found out that now numbers are working and there is [redacted]s about Father’s Choice. I did just today receive a package from Fathers Choice, documents and letter dated Nov 5th. The document was not finalized and I was told to correct the information and send it back and they would do the corrections. I I tried to call them and give them the final changes to the documents and numbers are not working. I have now been online and found out that this is a scam and the company now goes by the name Fillmore fathers. I called that their number also but I get a recorded greeting but after that there is a automatic answer for someone named Chris and his mailbox is full.
      I never received the legal representation I was promised and I cant get hold of the company I want to have this charge investigated and have my money returned if possible. I was laid of for 12 months and was lucky to find a job 2 months ago but have to help my wife since she is unemployed and have to pay my child support. The money I manage to scrape up was to be able to see my child more often and with legal representation I believed It would be possible. Now I have now money to pay a down payment to a new attorney. I appreciate you looking into this charge and that you can help me get the refund since I paid for a service but never got what I was promised.

Sincerely David H Drury

Special vouchers to reduce fee original was 850. We were put on a payment schedule to pay them within a month. Total rip off amount is $ 698.00.

3 Responses

Here is proof of the tipline number:

Here are some links to the "Father's Choice" problem, from News Station:

Here is another website about Father's Choice:

Michelle Wimberly Aug 19, 2009

This company took me for about $1500 taking my money sending me expired files that the court instructed me to get my money back they were so botched! I was promised a refund after recieving someone elses documents including all of their sensitive information and never recieved a dime. I want justice for all of us victims of these jerks. Please this has been going on too long.

• Th
          Thomas42 Dec 12, 2008

I have payed my 850.00 to get paper work done so I could get see my little girl. When the paper work did come bu UPS it had so many mistakes I sent it back to have corrected. I took these papers to the court house to file them the court clerk told me that the wrong forms were used for my state and now nothing. Everything that was told to me was a lie.

Fathers ChoiceDisconnected

ALL PHONE #S HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED CANNOT CALL OR E-MAIL WEB-SITE HAS BEEN CHANGED I LOST 650.00 TO THIS SITE AND GOT PAPERWORK I COULD HAVE DONE MYSELF

• Ro
            ROBIN GOINS Dec 27, 2008

I RECENTLY CALLED AROUND 3 PHONE NUMBERS FROM THIS COMPANY AND THE MAIL BOXES ARE FULL. I THINK THEY HAVE ID CALLERS TOO. I CALLED AND TRIED TO ACT LIKE I WAS A FIRST TIME CALLER AND SOMEHOW THEY KNEW IT WAS ME. I HAVE CALLED AROUND 100 TIMES AND CONSTANTLY GOT THE RUN AROUND, THEY EMAILED ME WITH A CANCELLATION NUMBER AS OF NOVEMBER 15, 2008. BUT I CANCELLED THE SERVICE IN MAY 2008. THEY HAVE TOLD ME THAT THEY DON'T HANDLE REFUNDS AND THAT SOMEONE WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH ME SOON. YEAH RIGHT!!! HERE ARE THE NUMBERS THAT I HAVE
            1. [protected]
            2. [protected]
            3. [protected]

• Dy
            dylnic Dec 15, 2008

I lost 900.00
            May they rot in hell for stealing from fathers who don't have retainer money to get a REAL lawyer.
            The BBB really needs to step in here especially where these crooks are representing themselves
            as having lawyers on staff! That's right, I was assigned Martin their attorney to guide me through the
            process...he probably does not exist and I got fake documents that aren't worth a damn in court!
            How sad, how does a man sleep at night? This is the ultimate in thievery!

Fathers ChoiceRIP OFF-

MY HUSBAND HEARD OF THIS COMPANY, FROM AN ATTORNEY, AND WE CONTACTED THEM AND THIS SOUNDED GREAT FOR US, AS A FAMILY OF 4 AND A DAUGHTER WITH ANOTHER MOTHER, TRYING TO GET CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS REDUCED, AND VISITATION MODIFIED. BUT, WE SOON RELIZED THAT AFTER THEY GOT OUR $98.00, AND THE PHONE CALL FROM SCOTT WILLIAMS AND THE INTERVIEW WITH A (SAID) REAL ATTORNEY ON THE PHONE, OUR CHOICE STILL LOOKED GOOD WITH FATHER'S CHOICE. BUT $200.00 LATER AND NO RETURNED PHONE CALLS AND A LOT OF LEFT VOICE MAILS FOR HIM WE DECIDED TO GOOGLE FATHER'S CHOICE AND RELIZED THAT WE WEREN' T THE ONLY ONES GETTING THE RUN AROUND. I WISH WE COULD HAVE SPENT THAT MONEY AND THE CHILD SUPPORT OWED, AND NOT THIS SCAM OF A COMPANY. SO, THE LAST THING WE COULD DO, WAS TO CANCEL THE MONTHLY DUES. SO, WE DID! AND I BE A MONKEYS UNCLE IF THE DID GET MY MONEY ANYWAY. THEY SENT US A CANCELATION EMAIL, AND STILL TOOK THE MONEY. SO NOW WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING OUR $48.95 BACK AND I GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES, TO GET IT BACK. BECAUSE OF COURSE, FATHER'S CHOICE CUSTOMER SERVICE, SAID THEY WOULD BE CALLING US BACK ABOUT THIS. BUT IT ALREADY TOOK 2 MONTHS TO GET NO WHERE. IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE SAVE YOU MONEY, AND PUT IT ON A REAL ATTORNEY, BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR CHILDREN, WE HAVE LEARNED THAT NO MONEY, IS WORTH SAVING IF YOU GET RIPPED OFF!

michael couture Feb 09, 2009

Father's Choice took $845 from me, and I have not heard from them since. My ex-wife and I have a court date in February 13, and I am on my own at this point.

I have called every number I could find for Father's Choice, but none work.
              (Help)

• Da
              Dana Edward Lintz Jan 27, 2009

Father's Choice took $845 from me, and I have not heard from them since. My ex-wife and I have a court date in February, and I am on my own at this point.

I have called every number I could find for Father's Choice, but none work.

Fathers ChoiceREFUND

I HAVE BEEN MISINFORMED ABOUT WHAT FATHERS CHOICE IS REALLY ABOUT. I SENT THEM MY 98 DOLLARS AND DIDN'T GET NOTHING IN RETURN. I HAVE CALLED AND TALKED TO FOUR DIFFERENT PEOPLE ABOUT GETTING MY REFUND. I WAS TOLD ON 07-28-08 THAT MY REFUND WOULD BE POSTED TO MY ACCOUNT IN 7-10 DAYS. I TALKED TO SCOTT WILLIAMS AND HE WAS THE ONE WHO STATED THAT I WOULD BE GETTING A REFUND BECAUSE I WAS MISLED. NOW AFTER SPEAKING TO SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS THEY ARE IN CHARGE I AM BEING TOLD THAT I WILL NOT GET MY REFUND BECAUSE I WATCHED SOME VIDEO, THAT I DIDN'T, AND AGREED TO THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD AND I AM GOING TO GET MY MONEY BACK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING TO THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU LIKE GETTING SCREWED!!!

5 Responses
              • So
                SOMMER Dec 11, 2008

IM ALL FOR IT, IM FROM HAWAII AND THESE PEOPLE DID THE SAME TO ME.AFTER THEY TOOK MY MONEY, I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM SINCE.IVE WAITED PATIENTLY AND NOTHING.I WANT OT HELP IN ANYWAY I CAN..

Michele Nov 09, 2008

Just wanted to say that there are people who came forward in July of 2008 to say that they had a great outcome with fathers Choice. As, I said before in my complaint, the company has to have some good PR in order to stay in business. I just want to say to those people...you are lucky, but just think if you were in our postions?? There is more negative than postive out there about this company. Common scense says they are scamming the majority. If you were in business what would you do to keep the money coming in????????

A Penny for your Thoughts (no claims to that penny here either...LOL)

Michele Nov 09, 2008

I''m in on the class action suit...the more we bring together on this the better. I think we all need to contact the DA's office in California, where there business is registered and go from there. Anyone know where we can all come together about this. I'm still fuming after almost a year!!!

Michele
                Maryland USA

• Ar
                Arthur E. Thomas Aug 18, 2008

For all of you who think that Father's Choice will help you ..think again...They are ripping people off. I talked to a supervisor named Craig which may or may not be his real name and he has promised to refund my money this was three weeks ago..It takes them only seconds to steal money out of your account but ages to put it back...they lie to you to get your money but they don't provide any services. Please do not watch any video that they ask you to watch..that is the bases for them to keep your money and continue to rip off other unsuspecting fathers. A class action suite need to be brought against them so that they won't continue to harm fathers who are just trying to have a relationship with their children.

• Da
                Dan Saxon Aug 13, 2008

I spoke with a representative of the company about their services. I provided my credit card information and was told that I would not be charged until I watched a video and agreed to their terms and conditions. Within about 10 minutes my credit card was charged. I called the company and cancelled and they returned my money. However one month later I was charged the $49 monthly fee. I called and they said they would cancel it and return my money within 3-5 days. After a week I called back because I had not received my money. They told me they had to put me through to a supervisor. I left several messages and waited on hold for 4 hours and received no contact. I am still calling them every hour trying to reach a "supervisor".

Fathers Choice — Misrepresented themselves

I was told payments offered for their fee of $750 then after they took my credit card payment they refused to...

Fathers Choice — Total scam

If you read this email then PLEASE DO NOT USE Fathers Choice services! They are very quick to take your money...