Diane Vantwyver Complaints & Reviews

Diane VantwyverMy dachshund almost died, spent $8k to save him!

My fiance and I purchased our dog Shiloh from Yuppie Puppies in Corona, CA for $800. He is a purebreed red dapple mini Dachshund, CKC registered. Well the pet shop them self is amazing, awesome people and they take good care of their dogs. But this breeder is terrible! He isnt even two years old yet, and a few weeks ago he wasnt moving, in obvious pain though it was silent. We rushed him to the vet and they told us our dog was going to die if he wasnt rushed to a specialty surgeon ASAP. He had 8 bladder stones lining his urethra with another HUGE one right at the end of it. His bladder was so large they couldn't do anything. So we drove an hour away to a hospital that was supposed to be able to do it. Turns out he had a 50/50 chance his bladder already ruptured, the vets were so concerned and said his pain on a scale from 1-10 was completely off the charts. They told us that they do perform surgery for bladder stones, but his case was so severe we had to rush as fast as we can to ANOTHER specialty surgeon about an hour and a half away. (speeding) Thankfully his surgery was successful after spending $8000! My fiance and I were not expecting this, we thought we were getting a healthy dog from a "reputable" breeder. Apparently not, we love our dog though and thats why we spent the money. Even though we have a new baby, its heartbreaking for people to fall in love with these amazing animals, and then have something this terrible happen because of a foolish, inconsiderate and plain out SELFISH breeder. They sent his stones to be analyzed and I am going to call for the results tomorrow. Im looking into possibly sueing her and redeeming our money back and then some! My heart goes out to those who have adopted from this breeder and your poor pups had to suffer. Downright cruel and unfair and we need to put a stop to this now! If you'd like to tell me about your experience feel free to contact me via email and we'll revoke her licence and gain some justice. [protected]@hotmail.com

My dachshund almost died, spent $8k to save him!

5 Responses
    • Cr
      Crusadedogs Dec 12, 2011

I bought a dachshund puppy from this so-called breeder when she was in Missouri and owned the website doxieworld.com/doxieworld.net. My little one wasn't so lucky and died a painful death from advanced parvo. I'm SO sorry for your pet's painful ordeal. I wish you would have looked up her name...she's infamous! Just look her up on Google.

BTW, my efforts, which included writing and receiving a letter from a Michigan State representative had her banned from just about every web-based puppy selling site! I encourage you to post your story everywhere and anywhere you can so that other's don't suffer the same fate.

Best of luck and my best wishes.

V.W.

• Ramelle Nov 10, 2011

Talk to your vet about a diet change. Stones and mineral deposit buildup are common.

• Mr
      Mrs. Gray Nov 10, 2011

Bladder stones are more prone in some breeds. Mini Dachshunds are one of the breeds more likely to get them. It is not anything that can be bred away from them, but you can use apple cider vinegar in the water to help the body melt any crystals that might form in the kidneys or bladder and prevent stones from forming. I had a female mini dachshund that had a bad stone in her bladder, that's how I found out. The surgery didn't cost as much, however . I am sorry your pet went threw so much pain. Tip for anyone, if you notice your dog straining to pee, it might be an bladder stone. They can be seen on X ray.

• Er
      Erica Jordan Nov 03, 2011

Exactly what Zachary said. you don't buy from a pet store...NO reputable breeder dumps there pups in a pet store to be sold to total strangers and CKC papers are worthless trash.

AnnMarieTheFlameThrower Oct 21, 2011

This does not relate t0 this breeder but I do not care

There are NO full grown 1 and 1/2 pound Maltese

Liars

Diane VantwyverMy puppy arrived and within 4 hrs. I was at an Emergency clinic

I purchased a puppy from Ms. Vantwyver last week on the condition that her veterinarian had examined him and found him free of any "contagious or potentially deadly diseases." My puppy arrived and within 4 hrs. I was at an Emergency clinic. He had Parvo (#1 killer of puppies, ) an upper respiratory infection and parasites. He was so dehydrated, he couldn't stand up on his own. He is still hospitalized, at my expense, and fighting for his little life. Her vet's records are incomplete and so are the shot records (which she supposedly gives herself!) DON'T BE FULLED BY HER CHRISTIAN, DOWN-HOME CONVERSATION! After the sale, she won't answer your calls or respond to emails. STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT A SICKLY PUPPY WHO IS SUFFERING! I am proceeding against her via every legal means at my disposal and reporting her to every governing agency in the state. She has had violations with ASPCA in the past. UPDATE: My puppy died of Parvo after 8 days of hospitalization. Vet bill? Over $2, 000. Heartbreak? Immeasurable!

1 Response
      • Ly
        Lynn S. Feb 11, 2013

I bought 2 puppies from Diane over 5 years ago. I can't thank Diane enough for bringing such amazing animals into this world. I'm so sorry that there are people like the above who enjoy posting lies about someone who just wants to bring pleasure to other people. This is not business where you make a lot of money. Shame on you!

Diane VantwyverSold a puppy with PARVO!

Like I've said before - if any of these will keep a family from going through what ours did then my efforts won't be in vain. Selling a puppy with Parvo is reprehensible! Not taking responsibility, lying about the facts and even questioning that my puppy died eight days after being hospitalized is unforgivable! So, here is the proof...

• Updated by S.DW · Feb 24, 2010

Here is the review that Puppyfind.com finally allowed me to post on her advertising page! I had to submit pages of documentation from vets, clinics, etc. for the to investigate the matter but in the end - justice prevailed! I hope nobody else has to suffer what our family went through because of this woman!

Sold me a pup with Parvo ("Puppy-Killer" disease)
          I bought a puppy from this breeder. A few hours after arriving via ground I had to rush him to an emergency clinic.He was diagnosed with Parvovirus, severe dehydration, an upper respiratory infection & parasites. The vet declared that he showed the signs of a puppy mill pup. My own vet confirmed this the next day & my pup had to be hospitalized immediately.The shot records she sent were invalid because of missing info.Diane agreed to refund purchase price only after insisting she speak with my vet and questioned his diagnosis and that of the prior vet's. Both vets determined that my pup had Parvo before he left Diane.When the vet bill got to $1, 000 I emailed asking that she simply contribute to the expense.She refused & said she wouldn't talk to me anymore.My puppy died 8 days later.Our family is devastated.Also, I had exposed my 2 other dogs to Parvo!They had to be checked adding to our anxiety and vet bills. BUYER BEWARE!This is not the first complaint on-line regarding this breeder

1 Response
        • Ly
          Lynn S. Feb 12, 2013

Diane Vantwyver — Seller of Sick Puppy

Trying to add those photos to prove that my puppy died eight days after being hospitalized. When was he...

Shell Knob

Diane Vantwyver — Unrepeatable breeder!

I bought a dog from her for future breeding. Doing the right thing I got his DNA and sent it in early on thi...