Hands N Paws Complaints & Reviews

Hands N PawsRec.d f/u email, calling me a pig!

Dec. 3, 2007 I ordered a pair of boots. Dec. 6, 2007 I emailed an inquiry as to how long it would take to get the items shipped out. Rec'd f/u email stating 7-10 days. Dec. 20, 2007 I emailed and told them if the item had not been sent out, please refund my credit card and cancel the item. Dec. 21, 2007 rec'd email with USPS tracking number. Jan. 11 contacted USPS with tracking # was told the package was not found in the system. Jan. 12, 2008 emailed Hands N Paws again. F/U email was the item was the 'wrong color' and would be mailed out within a few days with a 'complimentary gift'. I again emailed them on 26 Jan. 2008--this is the email I rec'd. and the one I sent, in which their company called me a pig.

Write this again with better grammar and say please. If you don't know how to act with civility, we are not going to bother responding. Things get lost in shipping, carriers miss items all the time in a holiday rush. Some people know how to act with a polite inquiry while others are pigs. Guess which category you fall in.

I wrote an email on the 20th of Dec. 2007, stating that if this item had not shipped out, then to charge back my credit card. I received this email the day after, stating that the item had been shipped. I received another email from you 15 January 2008 in which you stated that you did not reopen until the 10th of January 2008 and my item STILL HAD NOT SHIPPED.
It is now the 25th of January 2008, I have NOT received the boots, nor has my charge card been credited back. This is assinine--the order was placed nearly 2 months ago. ABC may have done a 'show' in regards to your products, but they obviously did not investigate your handling of orders or clientele.

If this item has yet to ship, cancel it and bill back my charge card and send me the receipt. Because of the stressful situation you have created in regards to this order, I do NOT expect to see a charge for 'restocking'.

Hands N PawsStay away, this place is a joke!

People, please stay away from this company. Absolutely no follow up on an order placed on July 10th 2007, it has been 2 months. I've emailed them three times with no response, after being frustrated with their terrible service and fake tracking number I emailed again for the fourth time where my product was and from what I've seen received the usual rude response back from them.

They say there canceling my order because I complained that there giving out bogus tracking numbers, no email contacts and just plain terrible customer service. I'm thankful they did this but now I'm hoping they really do refund my money, pay pal is no help after 45 days

I think the hot Arizona sun has fried their minds, their responses are infantile at best. I would say it's run by a 12 year old but even this age would have more class, I suspect it's run out of a dirty old garage and they just collect money and rip-off people.

It will catch up to them one day, I hope this helps people to change their minds about placing an order. I have all email correspondence from them so any questions feel free to ask, you can see what a lousy place this really is. The funniest part of this is the DBA Sophistication Alley, now that's a big joke!

Lara Why Nov 01, 2007

Did you file a Paypal claim for non-receipt of goods? They will have to refund your money then because if they gave you a bogus tracking # they can't prove it was shipped or received by you. Good luck.

• Mf
    M Fran Nov 04, 2007

This is what tis happening to me now. it is a nightmare. I just want my $400 back they took out of my credit card account before I realized what they were doing. I posted full story in other reviews. The are playing games with peoples money and are looking for opportunities to bully customers around because they are in control of your money. Stay away from Hand N PAWs!

• Ad
    Adrienne Shaw Apr 18, 2008

I totally agree! They are absolutely terrible as their UNSATISFACTORY RATING ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU can attest:

Seriously, do not order from HandsnPaws aka Sophistication Alley, Ltd. You WILL be ripped off.

• Sw
    Swt Oct 01, 2009

I was all set to place my order and than found this site about complaints while looking to see if a coupon code was available for the company. I am so glad I saw this and all the comments. I'm definitely not placing the $80 order now and will take my business elsewhere. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's bad customer service and rude e-mails. I'm so glad I won't have to put up with that possibility. Thank you everyone for posting and letting others know. I'm sorry to hear you all had to go through that crap.

Hands N PawsThe rudest company I have dealt with!

I place an order in June 2007, sent an instant payment via Paypal, waited 3 weeks... and nothing. I don't expect a daily e-mail on the order status but 3 weeks is a long time to wait to have paid for merchandise and not receive it and not hear anything about it. I Googled the company and found these complaints, and got the feeling that unless I contacted the company I would never get any money back or any merchandise. So I e-mailed the company, here is what I wrote:

"I placed this order quite a while ago, and have no communication from you as to what the status is. I am concerned because since I have placed the order I have read some complaints from other customers of yours that have claimed never to have gotten their merchandise, or received it very late and in poor condition. In these complaints I have also read that the communication from your company has been poor. Please contact me ASAP as to the status of my order."

I don't think I was being rude, but I did want to get the point across that I was aware that they may not have the best customer service. I also filed a Paypal claim for a refund for non-receipt of goods. Here is the reply I received the next day (I swear... I can't quite believe how rude this company is! LOL) in its entirety:

"Well, then don't shop here. We don't have time for people who make false (and libelous claims). We've been in business six years, never took any money from anyone without shipping merchandise thank you very much. Most of our customers actually read the site and order confirmation which spells out the processing time. You have no shipping deadline specified nor did you ask for one prior to your order. If you're that impatient, then prefer to make accusations rather than ask about YOUR specific order, we don't want to do business with you. Have a good day. That response fast enough for you??"

LOL! I have never dealt with a company so rude and unwilling to cooperate with customers. Granted, since I already requested a refund I suppose they had no reason to be nice to me anymore, but the message in that is that this company will only treat you with respect if you put up with their crappy customer service and policies. Once you start asking questions or requesting order cancellation and refund, they are rude. They did refund my money through Paypal promptly, but I suspect only because they would have lost the claim because they never sent anything. I am relieved I used Paypal, I think it made it a lot easier for me to get a refund. If you read the policies on their site, there are some hints there that they don't have good customer service:

From their "Company Info" page accessed 7/8/2007:

"In addition, we encourage customers who need more certainty regarding shipping times to indicate a "ship by" date on their order. In such cases, we contact the customer directly within a day or two of their order placement with an estimated delivery date specific to that customer. If we do not make that date, the customer is fully refunded, we do not process that order and the customer is issued a coupon towards a future purchase. "

(This tells me that they are understaffed, and that they triage their orders, only sending out orders that have a specified date and ignoring all others the latest that they possibly can. They should require a "ship by" date for all orders, but this would mean they would actually have to send all of their orders out on time.)

From their "Contact Us" page accessed 7/8/2007:

"Contacting Us
We encourage you to contact us before making your purchase if you have any questions. E-mail is usually the most expedient way to contact us using the form below. A customer service representative will try to respond to your request the same day. You can also try us by phone, but that has a longer turn around time. If you don't hear from us, please follow up by email. Don't forget to put your Order Number in the subject line of any communication if you have placed an order so that we can provide you with the best service. Many of our emails are lost to spam without an order number.

PLEASE NOTE, WE'RE EXPERIENCING DELAYS IN RECEIVING/RESPONDING TO EMAIL AS WE EXPAND. PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 48-72 HOURS FOR A RESPONSE AND IF YOU DON'T HEAR FROM US USE THE HELP DESK TO SEND AN EMAIL WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT HEADER. (SEE HELP BUTTON). WE ASK THAT YOU BE PATIENT IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE RIGHT AWAY. WE GET HUNDREDS OF EMAILS DAILY AND WE TRY TO ANSWER THEM IN TURN. SOME ARE UNFORTUNATELY LOST TO SPAM, BUT WE DO TRY TO ANSWER ANY WE RECEIVE. AGAIN, USE THE HELP DESK IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A TIMELY REPLY."

(What this really says: please don't call Hands N Paws, because it makes it harder for us to ignore our customers, and you can't leave a message anyway. Please e-mail Hands N Paws because it makes it easier for us to ignore the customer... and don't blame Hands N Paws if we don't answer you in a timely manner because it is not our fault that we somehow cannot retrieve all their e-mail... it's all spam's fault!)

From the order confirmation e-mail received 6/17/2007:

"Important Note Paypal Users
Please note that we do not always receive notice from Paypal that you have paid if you select Paypal as your form of payment. If you have paid using Paypal and we have not processed your order, in all likelihood, we have not received notice of your payment and you will need to contact us with your Paypal Transaction ID. Upon verification, we would be happy to continue processing your order. Also, if you have canceled your order within our 24 order period (see above) you need to email us so we can refund your paypal account. "

(Paypal sends out autogenerated e-mails for everything, and I have never not gotten an e-mail, and I have been using Paypal for 6 years both selling and buying on Ebay. Let me guess, it's spam's fault again! I love how they put all the burden and responsibility on the customer - we have to tell them to ship it on time, we have to tell them we paid, we have to constantly check the order status page - which is a joke because the order status never changes... etc. Then they get rude when we do expect them to do THEIR jobs. Sounds like they need to hire more people. According to them, they don't have any responsibilities towards the customer. This is perplexing.)

It is their loss, I am sure they have lost plenty of good customers because of their attitude. If you have good customer service and treat your customers with respect, I will spend a lot of money (just ask Zappos.com!).

Bottom line: avoid Hands N Paws. They don't have good communication, business policies, or customer service. Even worse, they are rude. It is one thing to have late orders and such, it is quite another thing to get crappy treatment because they can't run their business very well. AVOID HANDS N PAWS, and tell your friends!

Lara Why Jul 08, 2007

Hi, I am the original poster for this complaint, and I just want to add that if anyone doesn't believe that was the actual e-mail reply I got from Hands N Paws, I would be happy to forward to you the original reply I got. Thanks, and good luck!

• Ji
    Jillian Blume Aug 11, 2007

I had a very similar experience with Hand N Paws. I also waited over 3 weeks. I wrote several emails, and I heard nothing. When I finally wrote that if I did not hear from them by the end of business day I would request that PayPal refund my money, this is the email I received in response:

This is my email:

"I have not received my order or any reply to my numerous emails, yet you have deleted money from my PayPal account. If I do not hear from you by the end of business day today, 7/26/07, I will contact PayPal for a complete refund.

This is their response:

"Oh we deleted it did we? You didn't submit payment? Didn't receive an order confirmation with the processing time?? Hear this. Your order is canceled and you can start over elsewhere. How's that for a response? Heh, heh. Oh and good luck finding that collar. We're the only ones selling it.Someone sounds like a nutcase... Try upping your meds. Or stop taking them. Lol."

I have gotten more bizarre and ridiculous emails from them until I felt I had no choice but to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I want to encourage all customers abused by the supposed "customer service" at this company to also file complaints.

• Be
    Beatrice Lopez Oct 13, 2007

I place my order Sept and now it is Oct and still no answer on when my order will arrive. I canceled order thru E-mail and their reply was "check your spelling" and what are you saying also LOL was on the reply. This means to me that they were making fun of my e-mail this is RUDE! Now they are charging me a five (5.00 ) dollars fee.

Beware!

• Ms
    M. Sinclair Oct 23, 2007

After I tried to place an order I sent an email asking if they had the product. I got a polite but vague response telling me they would check their inventory... Then I didn't hear anything for 2 days and that's when I looked on the internet and saw all these complaints about hands n paws. So tonight I wrote back saying they must not need my business since they didn't get back with me and I would order somewhere else. I got TWO instant responses back, rudely telling me I must be obsessed since I emailed 5 times in two days (a couple were sent twice by accident, one was in response to their message). So I wrote back and said they sounded like a crazy person and all the internet complaints must be true and I would take my business elsewhere. This person truly sounds like they are bipolar - the site is filled with lots of meaningless drivel, directions, instructions, etc., but they can't fulfill something simple like making a sale, and they are very rude and confrontational when challenged. Most of this stuff can be ordered from other sites or directly from the manufacturers. This place looks like a scam and anyone who ordered from them should definitely report this site to the Arizona Attorney General. The BBB doesn't really have any clout if its not a legit business. You can also try to recoup your money through small claims court in AZ, but a consumer complaint through the AG's office is your best bet. Good luck!! (I hope this loony writes back just so I can jerk their chain some more) ha ha!

Sara Smith Nov 04, 2007

I couldn't agree with you ALL more about this company. I got a very similiar response to a very similar situation several months back. I have NEVER in all my years of shopping on-line and in regular store had a response quite like there's. Unbelievable. Anyone even THINKING about buying from this company should run like HELL to another web-site--you will be screwed in some fashion and definitely offended. RUN I SAY, RUN!!! I still can not believe they are in business. I did file a complaint with the BBB.

• Be
    Beth Carney Nov 20, 2007

I would be happy to share my story although you may think it is something out of fantasy. This company is horrible. Please take the time to file a complaint with sophistication alley, ltd doing business as Hands N Paws in NJ and AZ. Also, please notify your local radio and TV stations to do a spot and be sure to let Hands N Paws no that Beth sent you. It would be helpful to get the word out to everyone so they are not ripped off and insulted by these apparent con-artists. I would be happy to email my communications as well. thanks. I will not stop until they are no longer in business!

• Ad
    Adrienne Shaw Apr 18, 2008

• Ev
    Eva May 27, 2008

OMG I sure wish I'd seen thsese post before I ordered my item. I waited over month, and finally received the item today, and it's not the right size. I'm afraid to contact them for a refund now. I didn't read anything about their restocking before I ordered.

Hands N PawsDid not receive merchandise

This company is a fraud! Do not purchase from them no matter how convincing their website may look. I ordered, and paid for a dog collar a month ago and I have never received it. I cannot get a hold of this company. I have e-mailed them numerous times and have heard nothing. I have also called the number on their website about 50 times and no one ever answers. You only get an answering machine and there is no way to leave a message. I am calling my credit card company and asking for a refund. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

• Li
    Lily-Monet Jun 23, 2007

Hands N Paws is the worst company ever.

I just wish I would have seen the complaints before I purchased items. I am having the same problems: After inquiring on the status of my order after 2 weeks of no information I received this awful e-mail from their customer "service"--this is actually the original e-mail!

From [email protected]:

Ok... then we'll cancel for you. There's no deadline on the order as requested, we notify you to use the help desk if you don't get a response to email because of spam and the processing time is indicated in the order confirmation. If you want to just be rude, we'd prefer to just cancel. A polite inquiry would have sufficed.

And that was it. I am definitely contacting my credit card company as well. This is a fraud. Actually, on their "praise" page on the website a lot of the comments mention "understanding things get lost in the mail" and "that they were disappointed it took so long but they understand some things get backordered..." Pretty much this company just takes your money and decides to send you the merchandise if and whenever they feel like it! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!!!

Lara Why Jul 07, 2007

I placed an order on June 17, 2007 and it is now July 7, 2007 and have not gotten my merchandise or any communication as to where it is. I just e-mailed them an inquiry and I am not so sure they will answer, and I am not holding my breath. Their ridiculous order status page has said the same thing "paid--approved." What the heck that really means I don't know. They have these lengthy explanations as to what these order status things mean but they are just words. Like Lily-monet, I wish I had read these complaints before I placed an order. I paid through Paypal so hopefully I can get my money back through them. Their site is just absurd, with all their excuses, such as if you pay by Paypal they don't always get notice that you paid so if you don't get anything it is your responsibility to contact them and tell them you placed an order--HUH? To me, it is the company's responsibility to make sure that they can get prompt notice of payment, especially if the payment is instant payment such as Paypal. Another lame excuse is that they don't get all their e-mails because of spam so if you don't get an answer to your e-mail then its not their fault. Um, quick fix to that--change your e-mail address Hands n Paws! These are all indications of Hands n Paws' crappy customer service and I should have known better than to place an order so now I am stuck. Hands n Paws is probably run by one 75-year old lady out of her basement as far as we know. THE OTHERS ARE RIGHT - STAY AWAY FROM HANDS N PAWS! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

doreen Weatherford Jul 08, 2007

I placed an order with this company on June 25th and except for the confirmation page giving me an order number I have not received any communication regarding the status of my order or when i might expect to receive it. I sent an email to them about a week ago inquiring about the status as i expected to have it by now. I too did not receive any response to my email. I also called the website to no avail. When i searched the web for the website to email them again i found this site regarding complaints and was so surprised that other have had the same experience. So i sent another email saying this:

"This is my second email to you people - i need a response - where is my merchandise - i am getting ready to call my cc company and stop payment".

This is the response i quickly received:

"Who do you think you're talking to like that???"

Can you believe this???

So i responded this "Are you kidding me??? Your customer service stinks!!! Wish I would have read some of the comments online about how you do not respond back from your customers. A simple response to the first request would have sufficed - an apology to the second email would have been accepted but instead you send a nasty comment - You can cancel my order and i will make sure that my cc company does not pay you - i will also post on line how you handled this situation -hope your future customers don't read the complaints either".

Ridiculous company

dolphingurl Oct 01, 2007

I ordered from this company also and they took the money out of my checking account and then cancelled my order on me and said they were out. Then they sent a nasty email saying that they don't charge people if they don't have the merchandise. WHICH IS A LIE! I contacted the better business burea in phoenix arizona which is where this so called company was and made a complaint and I think this is what everyone else should do. I have received several dirty and rude emails from them and I think this company is a FAKE company. DON"T ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mf
    M Fran Nov 04, 2007

This is exactly what is happening to me now. They took $400 out of my account over 3 weeks ago the day I ordered and now they will not cancel my order. I decided to cancel my order when I realized it had not even been processed after 3 weeks. They say they have already shipped. I knew this was a lie and they admitted as much. Now I cannot get a tracking # or get the order cancelled. They said I will just have to wait until they decide to ship my $400 + order and I receive it before I can apply to them to return. They expect me to pay shipping when they could have easily canceled order and still can cancel order and have the items (if they have even been shipped) returned to them. This correspondence started 5 days ago and still have not received so They are playing games with my $400. This company needs to be shut down. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE AND ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. hey have several other pet store web site under the main name of Sophistication ally ltd. Stay away from them. There are tons of bad reviews of this company all over the net. Do a goggle search. NO one deserves being treated like handsaws treats customers after they take your money.

doglover Nov 07, 2007

I am going through the exact same thing. Their return policy is contradictory and boils down to " there are NO RETURNS". Their 45 day "processing time" for returns will run you through the time frame that most credit card companies allow for Chargebacks. I am going to file a Chargeback. My husband just told me that he will give me the $50 that I lost just so he doesn't have to hear me complain about it anymore, but it's the principle.

• Ke
    Kelly Jul 30, 2008

Same as all the above complains. Ordered and a month later I still haven't received. I paid through paypal and am hoping they will help. Sure wish I would have read this info on this site prior to the order...

Hands N PawsUnbelievably terrible service!

I placed an order in the middle of December 2006. I did not receive the order until mid March 2007. 4 months later. The package arrived marked up, the packing slip and plastic cover was torn and I could not read the return address. Since the merchandise was so late, my puppy grew and the items were useless. I emailed the customer service center and requested their "RMA" as directed to return the package. I also complained about the fact that it was extremely late and I did not think it was fair that I could not get my money back... which was not satisfactory as it was not my fault that the items needed to be returned in the first place. I requested that they pay for shipping. We wrote 3 emails back and forth to each other,

1. Being the complaint, the fact that the merchandise was so late. (they responded with their policies and the fact that they must adhere to them)

2. Questioning their policy when it was their mistake. Why should I pay shipping? (they responded by offering me coupon for the exchanged merchandise and a waiver of a return processing fee and instructed me to get online and pick out something else)

3. I agreed to their offer and gave them the exchange information and request for the return instructions, ie: ADDRESS for return.

I waited for a reply to my last email and did not receive one. I thought maybe they were emailing me an address/shipping label so I waited for that to arrive. After a month of not hearing from them, I sent them the attached emails. Their response is UNBELIEVABLE. All I kept asking for was a return address. Each responded email does not contain that information. They refuse to give it to me and instead they insulted and antagonized me. Where has customer service gone today? Finally, after I realized that I was allowing them to sucker me into their game playing, I told them to please just let me have the return address so we can both get on with our lives and their response was to REFUSE to except my return now... BASICALLY BECAUSE I DIDN'T SAY PLEASE... I have NEVER had such ignorant dealings with a business like this before!! This person is sadly in need of customer service POLICY and should not work in any field that requires thought. I refuse to get stuck with this merchandise and should not have to. They claim that I took too long to send it to them yet they took even LONGER to send it to me in the first place!!!! DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF TIME!!! The fact that any human being has this type of mentality really unnerves me.
THE FOLLOWING ARE COPIES OF THE MIND BLOWING EMAILS, (I wish I had the ones from March but I didn't keep them. These are enough to PROVE my complaint.)

TinaLynnNelson AT aol.com wrote:

I wrote you over month ago about the order I received a year late. We exchanged emails to determine the best method of exchange. I wanted to return two items, being that the order was so delayed I felt it was not fair that I could not get my money back. You responded with an apology and a promise to not charge me shipping fees. I gave you the exchanges in my last email and asked how to complete the return as it requires your permission, special instructions for how to ship without charge. As I said, I heard nothing back from you. I am not pleased with the way you have conducted business. The purchase was late, literally ordered last year and my email not answered. This is not professionalism. I will expect to hear from you promptly.

Christina Nelson
Order [protected]

Hands N Paws writes:

I'm not sure I understand your email. It doesn't seem to make sense. Your order number shows that you ordered December. It's only April. How did you receive it a year late??? That just doesn't compute right. So, can you just ask what it is you want to ask pertaining to that order. Also, if you have some pertinent email that you are referring to, perhaps you can forward that. We would be happy to take a look at it, but we don't otherwise know what you're talking about. We have thousands and thousands of customers and don't recall each order specifically. Thanks

Ok... this is what I can find on your order. Looks like you requested an RMA and we provided you an accommodation that waived all restocking fees IF the item was provided unused. We never waived your shipping charges and there's no way for you to return it without paying the shipping. That was March 16, 2007. Prior to this when you asked about a return label, we did respond by saying that we would waive your restocking fee. And we sent you the instructions to make the return that don't include any return label for you. In other words, the question was asked and answered. We clearly indicate that you have to pay the return shipping. Have no clue where you're coming up with a "promise" that you not pay the shipping! We certainly can't negotiate such deals with the post office on your behalf or set you up with your own shipping account. If you want to make a return, as with any other store, you have to pay the ship the item back to the store.

We also accommodated you by offering you a discount coupon so you can save on a future purchase or your exchange order in an amount that would exceed shipping, but that all presumes you return the item and it also has nothing to do with return labels. You're not entitled to want the store and then not even return the item. You still have to make the return and pay for shipping as indicated in the policy, as we told you specifically and as does everyone else. You were offered a fee waiver and that should be sufficient in addition to a store coupon.

The information we sent you included very specific and detailed instructions for the return of this item including the time limit for the return which is reiterated in our online policy. As with all returns, you must pay for the cost of shipping. That's in the return policy and in the RMA information we sent you. Of course, nothing prevented you from making an inquiry at that point if there was anything you didn't understand. I'm not sure why you're writing this email two months later or what about the return policy you don't understand now. Once we sent that information to you, the ball was in your court to return the item and you do have a set period to return it. Nothing waived that time for you to make the return. If you did in fact return the item, please let us know the proof of delivery for that return because it doesn't look like it every turned up. If you have not returned the item, you are now outside the return policy and we will have to reconsider the matter.

TinaLynnNelson AT aol.com wrote:

As I already explained, I believe in my very first email, the shipping label on the box sent is not legible nor is my complete address. The UPC code which I attempted to use to retrieve your address from by UPS
is the only thing on the box which is legible.... The packing receipt does not have any such address on it either. May I remind you that I also requested your RMA in the specified time allowed.

A RETURN LABEL has a shipping address on it, used to RETURN the merchandise, some are prepaid, some are not... a simple email with your address would have sufficed however, NOTHING you have sent me had that ADDRESS on it. I did not know that the post office knew your address by heart and all I had to do was go there and say, "Hey get this to them!!"... without an ADDRESS on it.

If you want to treat someone ignorantly, I suggest that you know your facts so that you are sure YOUR are not behaving as such first.

I have been waiting for that ADDRESS. If you do not want to pay shipping charges, FINE, my mistake, I thought that was what the woman described to me in our many email transactions... the last of which, sent by me, requested the return ADDRESS and was never replied to. If your playing ball, that my dear would suggest that the BALL has been in your court... and you dropped it.

I want to get rid of this unusable order as it is a useless box left on my side table... Of which I have had to look at daily... If I told you from the very beginning that I have no return address, HOW can I send this stuff back? Do you suggest that I attempt to stick it into my computer? You have a lot of nerve sending me such a nasty letter. Under these circumstances, I have been EXTREMELY PATIENT. The fact that the order was late and my last email, 2 months ago (as YOU said) was never responded to, AGAIN, My order was LATE... placed in December 2006 and not received until the end of March 2007... which by the way, in case you don't understand time, that is a year difference. 2008 also means another year has passed, 2009 another, 2010 another and so on. Now, even if we took the years out of this equation, it took 4 months for me to receive the merchandise....I do a lot of mail order and can tell you that is not an acceptable amount of time for any company to complete an order. I also have my own business, and I can tell you that I would NEVER treat my customers the way you have nor would I have them wait for a shipment or a requested RETURN ADDRESS, without any type of notification as you have. If my customers need to make a return, I would definitely make sure they have the RETURN ADDRESS and I would APOLOGIZE for the inconvenience of making them wait and wait and wait.

Once I finally receive this highly confidential, secretive address, I will send this merchandise back, unused (as it was way too small for my puppy who grew 20lbs in the 4 months I waited for the order) and I will specify my exchanges within that package... I never received any "promised" coupon but you may apply whatever discount you are referring to at that time.

CHRISTINA NELSON

HANDS AND PAWS REPLIES:

Sigh. You are really missing the point. Several.

1. Have no clue about UPC codes and the like that you mention. Has nothing to do with any return. Our return address was in the March 16 email along with the rest of the return information.

2. Noone is disputing when you made the request for an RMA. But you do have to return the item within a certain time period when you are issued on. Again, that's in the RMA instructions (and the return policy online).

3. We do not what a return label is. It also has nothing to do with anything. Read your emails.
I really can't make out the rest of your email. It's just not clear. Again, you dropped the ball when you were emailed the return information. If you couldn't make out the address clearly written in that email, well, maybe a new pair of glasses or simply a reply would do. Not sure why you're writing two months later...unless of course, you just realized that you dropped the ball and now want to make up some cover story.

Again, you're past due on this return. It was due 10 days from the date of the email we sent you March 16. Suggest you check your email. When you calm down, you can request a make-up courtesy coupon we sometimes offer customers who are outside the return policy. But we're certainly not going to respond to a rant.

TinaLynnNelson AT aol.com wrote:

STILL no return address... are you kidding me? I'm not going to allow your insults to effect me as it is quite clear what the problem is... I understand that you have many customers and even employees who didn't attend Harvard, but I assure you, your not dealing with one of those people. Let me spell out the situation very clearly for you. As I am sure you realize that you are dealing with many orders and emails and I am dealing with only my own.

December 2006... Ordered merchandise
March 2007... Received Merchandise
March 2007... Complained about late order requested RMA and return address/or label.
To Date... Continued to send and receive emails with a customer service representative, mine being the last not replied to (maybe it was you as their is something very similar
between the both of you
April 2007... received no word from company

Now I promise you that I have NOT ever received a return address. IN FACT YOU STILL HAVE NOT SENT ONE!!! You are the one missing the same important point over and over again...no return address. No, glasses are not necessary as your shipping label and even the plastic were torn during shipping, making it illegible (sorry... big words... making it unable to be read)....that was also in one of my many emails and why I needed and asked for a return address... I attempted to locate your company's address via the barcode with UPS... an attempt to get rid of the box... THEN I thought MAYBE, since you never gave me the return address, maybe you were sending me a shipping label....It is now clear that you weren't and as you say, do not use them... So why is it so hard to write your address down in an email??? Since MARCH I have been trying to get rid of this box and have waited for a return label or address in ANY form to send it back... Anyone would realize that a customer would not keep emailing and requesting a return address if she received one already.

In this country there are places where you can go to complain about a company's business transactions. There are quite a few in fact. With these last few emails, it would be clear to anyone who reads them, why I am upset and that you still refuse to issue me the information needed to make the return... your address... that action (or lack thereof) is PROOF... testimony to what I have been dealing with over and over again... With as many message boards and other Internet sites, it really does not pay to be rude, antagonize and for you, simply put, play with a customer. I have a computer available to me all day long and have no problem submitting anything to anyone about this.

As much as I believe you are enjoying this game of who's to blame, I really don't wish to play. I am telling you that I do not have and never received a return address... period. Anyone with half a brain would realize a box can not be returned without it.

I suggest that you simply send me the return address. I will include the exchange order in the box, and then you send the order back to me within a reasonable amount of time. Very simple, logical, solution. In this manner, you can get on with your life and I mine... Christina L. Nelson

HANDS AND PAWS REPLIES

No. You can no longer return this out of date return. No matter how many times you ask. Since you do not want and did not request the alternate gift coupon/goodiebasket, we can no longer help you. We asked you to check your email... we have on file with the return info AND the address, dated March 16, but you have declined to do so. And you waited months to even inquire as to that information. Since we cannot help you and you do not want the accommodation we offered, we have to bid you goodbye.

Dora Wise Jul 08, 2007

I have had a similar experience with this company. I encourage anyone who has had a problem with Hands n Paws to post a merchant review and Yahoo Shopping. You can give them ratings and write a review.

Hands N Paws — No way to contact, merchandise not received

After several attempts to contact this company by email, and one month after having paid for a pet carrier...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices