Cottonwood Futon Complaints & Reviews

Cottonwood FutonMisrepresentation

Ordered a futon frame from this company. I have previously owned a futon and one of the things that bothered me the most was the mattress slipping down. Anyway, I ordered the futon frame and then ordered the "grippers" that are supposed to be the best at keeping the mattress up when in the sitting position. They charge an extra $17 for these. Upon receiving the futon, which I don't have a problem with, the futon came with the grippers. A few days later, the grippers that I ordered arrived. No where on their website does it state that the grippers come with the futon frame. Since I did not need the extra grippers that I ordered, I wanted to return them, never opened. They just told me it was hardly worth it since there was a $10 restocking fee and I had to pay to ship it back to them. Seriously, on a $17 item that was never opened and I do not need since the futon frame came with them. I would not buy from them again just because of their customer service and attitute.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Cottonwood FutonThey're OK

I wanted to share my experiences with Cottonwood because after reading some of these reviews I almost had a heart attack when I had a problem with my order.
    I ordered a “Classic” all cotton futon in California king size from Cottonwood. Got my futon pretty quickly, hauled it up two flights of stairs, and discovered that they had sent me a regular king size. I went looking for the Cottonwood web site and saw a bunch of complaint sites on Google. My heart dropped and I privately got ready for a fight. Called them up and had pretty much the same experience as other people that had made complaints – you get transferred to “tech support”, no one seems to want to talk to you, if you call the lady on the order line she’s fairly gruff. I left a phone message and email. Nothing the first day. I’m nervous because of everything I’ve read and thinking different scenarios of having to fight for shipping costs, whatever. No response from them the second day until around 5, I get an email. It apologizes for the mistake, tells me they’re sending me another, and has a link to a free return FedEx label.
    I pack up the futon, which was a pain in the ###, and ship. Two days later I get my replacement futon (which means they trusted me enough to ship BEFORE they received my return), it’s the proper size and everything’s great.
    Regarding the futon, I’m pretty impressed. The second one came in a zippered cover, I opened it up and the futon inside had some minor black marks that looked like they happened in shipping. I’m cool with this, there’s no real damage, it’s new and the cover is fine. I’m using it as a bed, I can see where someone using it as a futon with no cover might not care for this, but I’m fine with it. I opened the futon and it is exactly as they described no foam or demin scrap, just untreated cotton. The futon has a garment/chemically smell to it that isn’t strong and seems like a type of thing that goes away quickly. I don’t think its 6” thick, but its close and they didn’t skimp on packing it full of cotton. In the large size the thing cost around $250/no shipping costs and I feel like I got a really good deal.
    Regarding the return. Don’t believe everything you read. Cottonwood would be well served to work on their people/response/courtesy skill, that’s true, but the facts are that they had an equal or better response to my return then a place like Amazon. I have absolutely no problem with the way they handled the entire transaction, they were consistently honorable.
    I’m writing because I’m a little ticked off that I spent brain space letting myself worry because of these postings. I would recommend Cottonwood to a friend.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Cottonwood Futon — Fraud

. The most disrespectful costumer service on the web or in the real world. sent defective products. NONE of...