Castaway Pools & Spas Complaints & Reviews

Castaway Pools & SpasPaid too much for pool

Never would have guessed a business as bad as Castaway ripping off hardworking people. Contracted back in October 2007 for a 38 x 16 inch 8 1/2 feet deep pool. Did not get the pool I ordered, becasuse I was told by John sr that they were not buying pools from that company. I was sold one of the pools that was on the property. Met with John jr. He took the 4, 000.00 deposit. Waited and waited to hear from them. Got ahold of John Sr. Most of my contact was with the Dad. He gave me the run around and the usual excuses of not being able to make it to the site due to numerous delays, problems with getting the equipment, rain, and no transportation for the workers.
Well he was taking too long and I called to ask John Sr. why had they not completed the installation. Well, he screamed and hollard at me over the phone. Telling me that he had to get some "free dirt" over to my house to help complete the job. Well after our little phone call and him laying me out, I called a lawyer. As soon as they got the letter, John Jr. was calling me to schedule the electric, cement and running of the pool. He was much nicer than the father.
The pool took over 9 months to install and only $30, 000.00, but it is completed. Many people tell me I paid too much. They were working in my backyard without permits. They took too long to finish and they lied and hurt many families.

I have been reading the board since they first placed the incident in the newspaper. I feel really bad about what the pool company did to so many "hardworking" people.

Castaway Pools & Spas — Still not done, threats of liens

The company told us they filed for permits and didn't, a building inspector showed up at our home to...

Castaway Pools & Spas — Theft by deception

Beware of Castaway Pools & Spas or Castaway Fiberglass Pools or any other similarly named outfit. Also beware...