Camerabox Complaints & Reviews

CameraboxScam

I ordered a camera from Camerabox on 15/06/11 and paid through paypal. Camera didn't arrive within the stated 4 working days so I tried to phone to chase up. No answer, so I emailed and was immediately sent a responce email saying 'Due to staffing problems Camerabox has temporarily ceased to trade. Refunds take 2 - 14 days' Over 14 days later and no refund. Do not use this company - check reviews on the internet as so many people have been victim to this company's fraudulent actions. The worst part is I paid by paypal so don't think I can get the money back. DO NOT USE CAMERABOX!

john ryder Mar 04, 2011

Sony NEX5 digital camera ordered 1 Feb. Charged to my account on 2 Feb. Chased company weekly for when good will be received. 4th March still no goods received.

Resolved CameraboxFraudulent Refund

Ordered a camera and a lens and enquired about the delivery date on two occasions, the second asking for more detail instead of a reiteration of the information available on the website i.e. 2-4 days. Both enquiries were answered in a very similar manner and were not helpful - I replied again saying I wasn't impressed (actually I said their customer service sucked) and next I know I have an email telling me that the order has been cancelled due to fraud checks _after_ the money was taken from my account. Apparently the money will be refunded to my account within 2-14 days. Really not happy! I need a new camera for a job (my old one has broken) and this should have been delivered in good time - now I am without my money and no way to buy another camera. I only hope that I do get my money back. I have tried to phone them today but got no answer.

I have reported this to my bank and the only thing they can do is process a visa transaction dispute letter if I write into them telling them what has happened. Alternatively I can contact the police and Trading Standards and having read the other reports on this page I will be doing in the morning if I can't get through to CameraBox.

Looks like an absolute disaster, I'm £1.4K down and nothing to show for it, an awkward company, a pretty unhelpful bank and the prospect of having to deal with the police to get my money back. I feel sick!

DO NOT BUY FROM CAMERABOX!

• Mu
    Mungo Jun 08, 2011

I've just looked at the development company for CameraBox thinking it might be a way to check the company out a bit and the phone number on the company that claims to have developed the CameraBox website rings through to... wait for it... CameraBox :-/ It is still pitched as a different company - this smells bad!

You can see for yourself here: http://www.boxgroup.co.uk/ - follow the link from the 'Credits' page on CameraBox if you want to find it yourself.

• TwinkleTwinkle Jun 08, 2011

If you do get your money back then go to your local camera shop and deal with a real person, spending that much on the internet is never a good idea, good luck tho.

• Mi
    Miettemeg Jun 17, 2011

Did you get your money back? I am in exactly the same position as you, amount debited from my card on 15th June. Why didn't I read reviews first?!?

• Fb
    fbor Jun 25, 2011

Are they not bankrupting? The same happened with me. I ordered a camera on 14 June. On 15 June I received the following message "It is with regret that we have to inform you on this occasion your order has not passed our fraud checking system. We have therefore cancelled your order to protect the cardholder and ourselves in the event that this may be a fraudulent transaction. Refunds are made immediately and take between 2-14 days depending on your card issuer." I had several refunds on my card and they are immediate. I really worry. It is impossible to reach them on the phone :-)

• Mu
    Mungo Jul 05, 2011

Hey folks,

Thanks for the comments and sorry to hear that these nasty people have done the same to others :( Miettemeg, I did just that (yes, I had to go and buy everything again elsewhere) and you know what, it was cheaper!

I'm starting to feel very naive and stupid, Camerabox have now gone into administration and it would seem that if the purchase was made by Debit Card this is 'unsecured credit' and I am unlikely to get very much back if anything at all. See their website for details of the administration!

I have sent a letter to Visa Disputes with details of the transactions, I can only hope they might be able to get something back! I will report back here when I know.

there is some information on camerabox here:

Not sure how useful it will be, but I think these people should be prosecuted, this is obviously a fraud or a scam operation and there is a very real possibility they are doing exactly the same thing under another name as I write this. I will wait to see what Visa Disputes have to say and if they get my money back, but will also look into reporting this to Trading Standards and the police.

To the people who have done this, who are no doubt sat on a boat somewhere sipping champagne laughing at us trusting fools, I hope you sleep well! I run a small honest local business supporting charities and healthcare organisations for older people and you have taken my investment for the year. It's taken me months to save that money - thanks!

:-(

• Fb
    fbor Jul 08, 2011

After lot of pressure we eventually received the money back from the bank :-)

Resolved CameraboxDelivery and refund failure

I first placed an order with Camerabox on the 10th of May 2011. I then amended the order which was £65 cheaper. I have been in contact with the company several times by phone and email and they have always been very abrupt and rude, apart from one man. Despite the company confirming the delivery of my item and my refund on two occasions, I still have not had either. It is now nearly three weeks later and no camera. Very unhappy with the service and unsure of what to do next as I don't want to threaten them with Trading Standards as I don't want contact to endand not receive the purchase or refund!

CameraboxNon-delivery of item

Ordered a Nikon 18-200mm lens on 17th April. The 'Live Stock' on the website showed the item was in stock, payment taken from my account 2 days later, 21st April I got an email to say it had been picked up by the courier (2-4 day delivery). I waited, and waited... and waited. No delivery. I contacted Camerabox who said they would look into it, on 9th MAY I was told it had been lost by the courier and a replacement would be sent. So I waited again, sent further emails, was told my order was with the dispatch department. The lens was still 'In stock' on the website. A couple of phone calls later I was told the lens is now out of stock and they can only offer a refund. I was told for 10 days that it was going to be sent/was with dispatch then all of a sudden they had none. Dreadful customer service. I would advise anybody to avoid this company for major purchases. Will see how long I have to wait for my refund...

Resolved CameraboxNon Reciept of Goods or Refund

I used a price comparison website to look for a Panasonic TZ10 in red, and found an incredible price at Camerabox.

I tried placing my order on the 28th March 2011, but both Firefox and IE 9 failed to complete the transaction, and caused my bank to contact me using a "Fraud Warning System"

I told my bank that it wasn't fraudulent and went into work (29th march 2011) where I used an older version of IE (IE7) and I was able to place my order.

I selected standard delivery which it said would take between 2 and 4 days.

On the 5th of April 2011 I sent them a mail asking what had happened to my order as it was now 5 working days

I recieved a mail from Camerabox that it appeared they were out of stock and they "only have brown"

I replied and asked when they would have stock and if there wasn't any forecast could I please have a refund.

I phoned them after waiting for an excessive period of time I finally got through to someone, who said there was no forcast for when the camera would come in and they wouldn't cancel my order as they had to oblige by the distance selling regulations, and the only way to cancel was by email.

So I mailed them..

On the 6th April I got a reply, confirming that there was no dates for when the camera was due in and would I still like to cancel

Which of course I replied I would

I then got a further email stating that it wasn't a problem and I would recieve confirmation shortly

On the 8th of April and I have asked for an update, I have also copied Trading Standards in as I feel that might prompt them into action

It's now the 17th April, Camerabox became aggressive when I contacted Thames Valley Police and all communication has broken down, still no sign of my money

Checkout Hate Camerabox on Facebook if you want further proof

Camerabox — Non Delivery

On the 16th February I ordered a digital camera, and had a confirmation of despatch a day later. That same...

Resolved CameraboxWrong item. Very poor PR. Rude

I took advice from Thomas Green and Mike Watkins of a company called Camerabox prior to purchasing a Nikon Coolpix camera and memory card from them. They then managed to wipe all of my details from their computer order form and re-submitted incorrect information by guessing. a3855I was sent the wrong card. This was the wrong memory size and the wrong price. It was also the wrong type of card and did not fit the camera memory card slot. Both salesmen were extremely rude, biased and difficult when I iformed them of the incorrect delivered item. Gary Smart took control of the situation and was very much public relations orientated. Would never deal with this company again and would not recommend them.

John McAteer May 19, 2010

Yes I have had this problem with camerabox. Their staff are very rude and lack product knowledge. They are rude beyond belief when informed of a mistake with the item or delivery.

Resolved CameraboxWarranty agreement not actioned

I successfully received a Sanyo Xacti dual camera from Camerabox within 24hrs of purchase. Pretty good service you may think; unfortunately the unit failed with less than 10 hours recoding time in the bank.
I followed the company's instructions on actioning the warranty agreement and returned the camera to them under the RAN form they provided. Countless emails followed to the service department, there is no direct phoneline, to request progress but this was only met by statements indicating that the camera was still under assessment. This mater is still to be resolved and after having navigated my way to the numerous complaints listings I am now dubious it ever will be. I have asked them outright for a refund or failing that to return the camera but do not expect a favourable response. My advice would be to purchase your goods elsewhere.

Resolved CameraboxMisleading pricing

I ordered a Nikon D90 from The Digital Camera Company which also trsdes as Camerabox. I chose them as they had good price for the item and I wanted to take advanatage of the Nikon £60 Cashback offer that has just started.

Camera arrived (but not the promised lens that I ordered, despite it showing in stock). No warranty card in box therefore I rang them (very long wait)to get it as required to claim from Nikon-to be told item was not eligable for cashback as they supply European stock. That was not on their website when I ordered(it is now in small print!) and they deny that it wasn't on the site page when I ordered.

From what I read about their fraud issues as well, I warn you strongly to avoid this online retailer.

CameraboxLeaked customer details

I last bought an item from Camerabox around a year ago.

Recently (Dec 09) I've started getting spoof emails - stating my credit card details have been declined, referring to "Thank you for your order at Digital Camera Company for CameraBOX Gift Voucher"

The email contained a link to a spoof site, asking for my credit card details.

The most worrying part of this, is the spoof link contained:
- a personalised email address ( which I ONLY used for cameraBox )
- my postal address

I.e. details which ONLY camerabox had

I have tried repeatedly to get in contact with CameraBox, but they are completely ignoring my emails - even though I *know* they received my emails, because the spoof link (personalised with my email address), has now been flagged as a spoof URL.

I'm very worried about my personal details and how they were leaked !

Joycecameraboxco.uk Oct 04, 2010

It is what is called phishing, they email you saying they are from Camerabox and ask for your card details, you might see them all the time from Amazon but it's not really Amazon as they are a huge company and there are many people with Amazon accounts, on this occasion they targeted a smaller company Camerabox, there are a lot of emails pretending to be your bank, buidling society or retailers come through all the time, my advice is any email asking for your card details is a fake... do not enter any card details.

Resolved Camerabox — Don't use camerabox!

I've had the same experience. I ordered a Canon EOS 450D but never got the camera. I were lucly to get a...