American Servicing Company Complaints & Reviews

American Servicing CompanyEverything Wrong

Our mortgage was sold to ASC after being with another company for the first three years of the loan. We never had any problem prior to ASC but after was a complet nightmare! First they raised our payments, the problem we had a FIXED rate! We fought and fought but never got any where. The payments were alot highger but we were still doing o.k. until 16 months later the went up again. We again contacted a lawyer who went to bat against them for us. (A little FYI info when he agreed to handle our case we became his number 12 case he had going against them and completly cringed when we told him who they were because he said that dealing with a sack of poisionous snack would be easier and less dirty) He proceeded to fight with them for three months before they agreed on a loan modification program which would make our payment $824 a month on a fixed rate. Well we thought we had finally won but we had only started fighting these criminals.
Six and a half short months later we get a letter in the mail saying our payment would be going to $1585 a month because when they had been paying the wrong taxes, which we had in escrow. We had paid our taxes for several years independantly and knew they were always around $1, 200 a year but ASC said that due to fines and penaltys that it was going to average out to be a little over $1800 a year for the past three years. We went to the court house and they said that the only thing that they were charging was a small fee for being late that was added every month but nothing like ASC was adding. Turns out the so called fines were being added by ASC even though after paying our taxes on the right property for 5 years the suddenly started paying some other supposedly for three and were trying to make us pay!!! We talked to everyone at that place who we could get to listen but every one had a different person that they transfered us to and no one seem to get us any where or help. We tryed doing a loan modification again because we could not make those payments. I sent every little paper they wanted and kept every fax confirmation paper stayed on the phone for hours. Then we recieve a letter saying that we were not eligible for a modification because we failed to send in the required papers. I contacted ASC and asked what paper I did not send and the told me. Well I went thru the papers and found my fax confirmation and faxed that to them told them the representatives name, date and time of when I called and got a verbal confirmation that all of the required documents had been recieved. They just said they were looking into it. Two weeks later we get a letter saying our house was up for forecloser or we could choose a short sale option due to the fact they had reviewed financial documents and decided it was impossible to make current monthly payments. We called as we had done every day and asked what had happened to the modification we were told had been investigated and were told they looked into it and we had been declined due to missing information ( same thing I proved to them was sent) Our lawyer fought with them to the end but we lost our home. The home I was brought home from the hospital to, the home I bought from my mom when my dad died after three years of fighting cancer so she could get a fresh start, the home I brought my daughter home from the hospital to, GONE. This company keeps you chasing your own tail why they pull every low trick in the book to milk you dry of every last cent.

EK Stewart Oct 17, 2011

Even though your situation is different...BEWARE!!! ASC lies and will use any means of trickery to steal your home. ASC kept my $9, 212 check for wind and hail damage and did no repairs to house. My son who is a contractor sent a bid to do all the work for $3, 000. He was basically contributing his labor and even buying some of the materials. ASC said Wells Fargo agreed to accept the check; send my son's company the money for repairs and use the balance to pay back payments and attorney fees so I could keep my home. I wasn't even asking them to modify or discount my loan. They lied, blocked all further communication from me and foreclosed on my house. These people would fit in well with the mafia. ASC and Wells Fargo protect and facilitate each other, stealing our property in the process. If you would like to join the law suit, send your story and contact information to [email protected]

American Servicing CompanyInsurance/ Modification

I am with American Servicing Company . My home is going threw a modification right now. However, my home was broken into on the 7th of Dec. 2010. My Insurance company sent me the check for the repairs to my home. However, the check was in my name as well and American Servicing Company. I sent the check to ASC. Now they are trying to keep the check, because my home is going threw a modification. I would like to know if anyone have ever experience this problem before. And tell me who I can speak with in regards to this situation. I have never heard of anything like this before. I need help on this situation.

EK Stewart Oct 17, 2011

Your situation sounds like mine. ASC kept my $9, 212 check for wind and hail damage and did not repairs to house. My son who is a contractor sent a bid to do all the work for $3, 000. He was basically contributing his labor and even buying some of the materials. ASC said Wells Fargo agrees to accept the check; send my son's company the money for repairs and use the balance to pay back payments and attorney fees so I can keep house. I wasn't even asking them to modify or discount my loan. They lied, blocked all further communication from me and foreclosed on my house. These people would fit in well with the mofia. ASC and Wells Fargo protect and facilitate each other, stealing our property in the process. I am initiating a class action suite against ASC and Wells Fargo. If you or any reading this are interested in joining the suit, send your story and contact information to: [email protected] Thanks!!

American Servicing CompanyLoan modification fraud

I started a loan modification a year and half ago. I have been very diligent in sending all required information and documentation. I have maintained a detailed conversation log. I have done everything asked for and on time and I was not able to obtain a modification of my loan.

On November 11, 2010 I was asked to re apply for the modification process again because my information was too old and I had been dropped for the modification process for not having current financial information. I was told I had to wait for a letter from the servicing company to verify the information and return the letter signed with all the documentation required. The due date to send all the information printed on the letter was November 26, 2010. American Servicing Company sold my property two days prior to the due date, on November 24, 2010.

I have talked to all departments, I have sent letters, I contacted two attorneys and they have been trying for almost two week to have the bank rescind on the sale of the property for the reason stated above but have gotten nowhere.

It is time now, for me to begin a lawsuit against American Servicing Company for all the illegalities and abuses this company is committing against the consumers. I am thinking of filing a class action lawsuit, because this seems to be a normal pattern of operation of this bank. If you are interested in being named on the lawsuit and know of anyone else who had a similar experience or is having a similar injustice being done by this institution, please send me a note.

• Ic
    Iceman428 Dec 11, 2010

My name is Maurice. I have a loan, or should I say, I had a loan with American Servicing Company on a property in Santa Ana, California.

Maurice Bauer
    [email protected]

American Servicing Companyloan modification /escrow

[protected]
Page 1 of 1

To whom it may concern:

On May 17, 2010 my loan modification was complete thinking this will get better instead my nightmare you ASC started and we are in August and I’m in still same situation. My letter from you dates [protected] states no contribution yet you take 3 payments applied it towards the contribution never notified us/the customer next thing we know we are past due. I’m look into hiring an attorney or maybe anther avenues to get this resolved as you can see based on the below many phone conversations with ASC did not resolved anything, the only thing I got thru this experience is health issue of stress and hart attack . (Please note that the times and days of the phone conversations are accurate some of the names are misspelled not knowing how to spell the customer service rep names) I’m in the worse situation now then ever and I dot seems to be able to get much help from ASC

The below phone calls is the one’s I placed starting: 10-16-2010 thru [protected]

• 10-16-2009 @ 9:12am –spoke to Dan reference the loan modification status he updated my financials over the phone and was told to fax information required for the loan modifications at [protected] (which I did)

• [protected] @ 2pm spoke to Britney I called reference the loan modification status, she told me the underwriter has the file and I should start calling once per week to find out the status.

• [protected] @ 1:54pm spoke to Brenda I called about the status of the loan modification make sure I get the same response as I did on [protected], she transferred me to Tina who transferred me to Emmy who told me I need it to resend the hardship letter and pay stubs (which I did)

• [protected] @ 11:27am I spoke to Gilbert I called to confirm that all paperwork received that was requested by ASC for the loan modification on [protected] he said yes, but he took my financials again. don’t understand why financials were need it again

• 11-25-2009 @ 1:07pm spoke to Josh I called to find out status of the loan modification, he told me I need to send a hardship letter and pay stubs again (which I did)

[protected]
Page 1 of 2
Delia Tautan & Ioan Tautan

• [protected] @ 1:09pm spoke to Kristy I called to check on the status of the loan modification, she told me the file is in the process to be assigned to the negotiator.

• [protected] @ 10:18am spoke to Kimberly, she told me the loan modification was approved yesterday, my 1st payment due Feb 1st of $ 785.98 (she told me there is a contribution amount)

• [protected] @ 10:31am spoke to Matthew I asked him about the contribution towards the loan modification because Kimberly told me something about that on 12-9, he said there is no contribution you’re 1st payment will be applied to February, he told me to fax my loan modification documents that I received from ASC showing no contribution required

• 12/22/2009 @ 10:07am spoke to Vanessa she told me the documents I faxed on 12-11 were received and will take a few days before it will get reviewed

• [protected] @ 11:49am spoke to Tim I called to ask if my account is been updated to reflect the new loan modification, he said no but there is money that is seating in suspense that will be posted to the account once updated.

• [protected] @ 9:33am spoke to Charlene – she told me account shows same as [protected]

• [protected] @ 12:05am _ I called and listen to the automated message to see if account updated – same as [protected], also I spoke to Shannon in Escrow department because my 2nd mortgage company Country Wide paid taxes by mistake and county office issued a refund to you instead of Country Wide. Shannon assured me that the check will be cut and sent to Country Wide (my 1st conversation with Shannon about this was on [protected] @ 8:20am, I did not call back because I though was taken care of )

• [protected] @ 4:04pm I spoke to Anna to check on the loan modification status she told me a few more steps and it will be completed

I made several calls between April and May – (you can look at you’re computer I have them recorded instead of written down so I did not add the to this letter - My calls were about the payments I made – starting Feb, March, April and May –my payments were take and put towards the contribution when I was told there is no

Page 1 of 3
Delia Tautan & Ioan Tautan

contribution. See letters faxed to you’re office dated and received [protected] @ 10:39am there 2 letters faxed in you’re office that about the payments placed towards the contribution, and to credit back all the late fees and inspections fees the letter included date times and all the people I talked to that told me no contribution.
The 2nd letter that was faxed giving you permission to take money from Escrow to pay June and July payment (the extra money in Escrow was the taxes credit that I called several times was supposed be refund to Country Wide but ASC never did –I had to pay Country Wide myself to keep from my payment going up)

Due to continues problems I start taking notes and recording conversations – see below (you can check you’re computer several calls per week made from April to June (if need it I can provide all the notes (letter was sent to me about the payment reversal saying request dined [protected] letter date)

[protected] @ 2:38pm I spoke to Kim in Escrow Dept- telling her that my payments were misapplied and that need to be revered along with the late fees, she agreed, and also told her I wanted the credit seating in Escrow to go towards my June and July payments, she told once everything is corrected I will be due for August but not to pay until account is fixed, she called customer service while we were on the phone and walked Luanne on how to enter a request to make the correct changes because Luanne did not know – the request was to have 2-12, 3-30, 5-4 & 6-5 payments applied to my account and then take June and July from Escrow.

• [protected]@ 2:35pm spoke to Hope she told me I was under the loan modification I got upset why my loan modification was completed on [protected], and because I’m under loan modification no changes can be made until that falls off.

• [protected] 2 9:18am spoke to Monte – who transferred me to Escrow Dept I spoke to Constance she told me work order pending for reversal and escrow credit to be applied to June and July payment

• 8-2-2010 @ 12:01pm I called and spoke to John he is a manger his phone number [protected] – I was upset and trying to explain my situation and conversations I had on 7-20, and 7-26 he told me he will check and will call back. He did call back on and told me that the letter was sent on 7-23 explaining why payment reversal is denied and transferred me to escrow to find out why June and July payment was not applied from escrow credit – got same response cannot make any changes until loan modification falls off.
Page 1 of 4
Delia Tautan & Ioan Tautan

• 8-6-2010 @ 3:09pm I spoke to Jennie lead supervisors she assure me she would work with loss medications to have the loan modification removed so she can request the changes that were put in on [protected] her number is [protected]

• [protected] @ 11:287am spoke to Daniel (she works in same dept as Jennie call made on 8-6) she told me the request was submitted on 8-6 to make all changes and that all late reporting to credit bureau, late fees and inspections fees have been stopped.

• [protected] @ 9-:41am spoke to Sheila – she told me I was pending loan modification and she transferred me to loss medications, and gave me the phone number [protected] option# 4, I was on hold for a while so I hung

• [protected] @ 10:24am I receive a call from Jeanne at ASC in customer services dept – I called back on 8-18 @ 1:48pm spoke to Daniel she told me that Jennie was needing proof of taxes paid, you have a proof on file, she told me that the escrow credit and what is seating in suspense can not be applied until I bring the account current .

Sanjuana Sep 01, 2010

i am going thru the same thing pleace somebody help me!!!

Sanjuana Sep 01, 2010

i need help i am going thru the same thing

American Servicing CompanyUnfair business practices

Our loan was purchased by ASC back in 06. We fell behind on a payment in Feb. of 06. ASC reported us immediately to the credit bureaus and consequently our credit lines were all shut down. We were a small self financed business and needed our credit lines to get us through the off seasons. This further impeded our ability to pay our bills. ASC would not work with us when we repeatedly asked for loan modification, assistance or even our options/rights. They are a horrible company that stole our house by using large corporation stall tactics. We talked with over 20 different people within the organization. No one ever knew anything and then we would get a letter in the mail. I feel scammed out of the home I designed and built from the ground up. Avoid this company at all costs

• Mr
    MR TIRED OF IT Aug 14, 2009

SOMBODY CONTACT ME, IM TIRED OF ASC: [email protected]

• Su
    Susan S. Howie Oct 01, 2009

My husband and I are having a horrible time getting the Modification for our loan. We were approved for a modification then all of the sudden I try to make my lower payment and they would not accept it this was on August 18th. On August 25th I received a letter stating that I had been declined due to my husband’s signatures not matching. I called and proved it was his signature because he had it notarized. Then once that wasn’t the issue ASC came up with the excuse that the notary did not date it. It did have the date and our notary requested a notary affidavit which never came back. ( My husband faxed it to every fax number he could get his hands on 50 times at each fax). Now they told me yesterday that they are so sorry but there has been too much time that has went through since the modification process started in June which I made good faith payments and was not late at all. Now they say we have to start over and my interest rate will be much higher and they are not sure if I will be approved again and they are truly sorry that this has happened but there is nothing they can do. I have been disconnected, transferred, and simply hung up on numerous times and I can't believe this is an actual company. My loan was also sold to these people. I had never had a credit issue with my home and now I have major issues. Since the modification did not go through, I now owe high interest rate payments and owe late fees and all kinds of other charges because of them messing up. To this day we have NOT received a call even though I have requested it so many times. I call them every week about 2 to 3 times. I have NEVER spoken to the same person and I NEVER get the same answers. These people are crazy and yes, I believe they want to for-close on my home also. Bless everyone that has these problems.

• Bj
    bjmslw Dec 26, 2009

I also have ASC. My home is in foreclosure i got the notice today 12/26/09. That's pretty much saying merry Christmas you are getting sued. My loan was switched to them in Feb 06 i paid my loan every month on time or even early in 08 i lost my job and i got a new one that paid substantially less. i tried to keep current but after a couple of months i could pay any more without sacrificing the essentials. i tried to get a loan mod and they gave me a run around. finally after sending 20 hardship letters i got a loan mod for 3 months i paid on time but after that they told me my new loan mod was more than my original payment. what kind of modification is that? bottom line i tried to work with them and they refused to i got hung up on, they were rude to me when i was trying to do the right thing and i never got a straight answer on why i couldn't get another mod. i have a 7 month old now and nowhere to live at the moment and everyone i talked to including lawyers, hope now and etc.. said i am eligible but ASC wont allow it.

American Servicing Company — Terrible company

You all have heard horror reports. I will not even explain i got screwed three times. Beware of the...

American Servicing Companynot legally allowed to foreclose

America's Servicing Company must provide you loan documents and disclose who actually owns your mortgage before they can foreclose on you...call the FTC [protected] to file a complaint. Do not give them your home...they must prove they are the owner of the mortgage note or provide it from their "investors"...hire an attorney...they will have to pay you damages and your attorney fees!!! Do not let them bully you...call your congressman/woman/the Better Business Bureau/ State dept Consumer Protection Agency, state attorney general..don't delay! The FTC just settled a class action case against EMC for the same predatory servicing of loans!!! Put ASC on notice!!!

• So
    Sophie St. Claire Aug 18, 2009

ASC, First American LoanStar Trustee Services sold my house to Wells Fargo without my knowledge. According to CA State Law, I must be contacted. A notice of sale must be: 1) Recorded in the county where the property is located at least fourteen (14) days prior to the sale; 2) Mailed by certified, return receipt requested, to the borrower at least twenty (20) days before the sale. I did not receive anything. A Real Estate Agent knocks on my door this weekend and asks, "When are you moving out?". As you can imagine, I went into shock. So, thank you for posting your complaint Sharon. I am going to follow your advice!

I didn't know that ASC and Wells Fargo were one and the same. Evidently, Wells Fargo now owns my house. A Real Estate Agent leaves her business card on my door claiming that she is with claims that she is with the bank. She finally disclosed that she is with REA Real Estate America and represents Premier Asset Services, who is affiliated with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Co.

Thank you Sharon! I will remain strong.

• Ca
    Canyon View Oct 20, 2009

Sharon, Thank you sooooooo much. I just got home 10/20/09 2:27pm and my son calls me to tell me that someone from Well Fargo came by and asked if he lived there. He told her no and asked if we were home. Again he told them no and that we were out of town on family emergency, which we were.
    ASC holds a second on our house with Nationstar holding the first. We are working on modifing the loans. so I don't know why they would come out. But now that I read your complaint I feel more prepared to deal with them. They left a number for me to call. I will call them shortly and see what they came out for.

I will let you know.

Again Thanks,

Alice

American Servicing Companyinsurance fraud

We live in minnesota and recently settled a claim with our insurance carrier for damage from water leak. Our check is for 92, 000.00 and ASC wants us to send it out of state for them to manage even though they do not have any in state inspectors for the work to be performed. My insurance CO thinks this is unusual and said by law the check needed to be endorsed by them and my husband. I am very worried they will steal this money and not negotiate in good faith to get the contractors paid and i will wind up with a lein on my house. Why can't wells fargo locally handle this or my title company? Please help or tell me if you had problems.. ASC has been a pain ever since our mortgage was serviced by them.

American Servicing CompanyWhat to do to get wheels of justice rolling

To everyone who has had a dealing with America Servicing Company (Wells Fargo). I am getting the word out so that we as homeowners and taxpayers can fight back. Send your complaints where they will be heard by the right ears! First, The Federal Trade Commission... their website is www.ftc.gov. Very easy to file on line. Then when you finish there, go to www.senate.gov as well as www.house.gov. There you will find the e-mail addresses as well as the snail mail addresses of your state representative, your state senators and your state Attorney General's office. File your complaint with ALL 3!! These are the people who we put into office to protect us and fight for us so let's get them involved! They HAVE to record EVERY complaint and ACT on them. I have read so many horror stories of how this company has illegally foreclosed on properties as well is illegally charging fees, that it's time our government that we put into office... that our taxes pay their paychecks... go to work for us. Yes... that's what they are there for so let's get everyone out there and Complain, complain, complain and be get the wheels of justice rolling! After all guys, that's how Country Wide was caught doing what they were doing in Florida! We just need to bring it to our government officials attention!!!

• Ri
    Richard Bolen Jul 24, 2008

Trying to help a homeowner sell their house. American Servicing Company is not help at all. Can't get them to answer their phone. Won't return phone calls. A totally BS experience.

• Ri
    Richard Honey Aug 08, 2008

After several rate increases we finally aplied for a loan modification in January 2008 and were approved in January 2008-- yes, we have the letter! ASC procrastinated, lost paperwork, and finally closed our application on April 18th due to "paperwork not being submitted on time". In subsequent conversations I found out our paperwork was submitted on the date I told them and they had it on April 18th. Then, they made us start all over again -- because someone had closed the file. More financial worksheets and pay stubs submitted -- all of which were lost and now in August 2008 they moved our house into foreclosure even though they approved us for a loan modification back in January 2008. To me, this seems to be outright fraud and maybe it was their intent to foreclose all the time. If anybody knows a way to bring legal action against this company please contact me.

• Gl
    Gloria Tran Sep 20, 2008

• De
    dennis jones Feb 08, 2009

I live in pensacola florida and my home was sold to americas servicing comapny and we have been through a nightmare with them anyway my husband was sick with congestive heart failure at the age of 41 called the mortgage company informed them that he was applying for social secuirty and we needed them to work with us on somehow reducing our mortgage they haven't offered anything except a repayment plan which was 3000 a month until current I was told we were in a modification review and asked to speak with the person who handle the modification they said we the home owner are not allowed to speak with them or the investor who owns my home that we are not entitled to even know who that is anyway I keep getting the runaround they said we could do a short sale but we want to keep our home now why would they do a short sale but not reduce some of the principal and make the home more affordable for us instead they want to forclose or do a 3000 amonth repament plan we are blue collar workers who had a finacial crisis due to my husbands health we have 4 child who dont wat to lose there home it makes me sick when I hear how they are helping home owners when they are really not any I called the local news station channel 3 and they said if I can get enough people to contact them who are dealing with this same company they would like to do a story I think they should be exposed email at [email protected]

American Servicing CompanyDon't trust them

This company is the worst I have ever seen in my entire life. they will keep your payments in suspense and put you in foreclosure, then tell you are not in foreclosure and then the sheriff comes to your door, I have was told someone in the processing department did not process my file, so now I m paying interest on all the late fees, as well as the regular principal this company has put me in foreclosure 3 times in ERROR !!! Run if you hear your loan is being sold to this company. oh yhea call 5-6 times to get the same answer do not BELIEVE the first 2 or 3 people the managers will tell you oh they were new or they do not know why someone told you that.

• Ke
    Kelly Kiefer Aug 01, 2008

I also have a mortgage though ASC, my husband was in a car accident a year ago and has been unable to work, but we still seemed to make ends meet and made our mortgage payments faithfully. At Christmas time we found ourselves in a bind and contacted ASC to see if we could bypass our December payment and place at the end of the loan term. They convienced my husband to do a load modification they said it would help us more than pushing our payment off. So this is when all the problems begain. During the loan modification process we were told not to send in any payments because they will not be applied to our loan. The total loan modification process took over 3 months which ended up putting our home into foreclosure status and killed our credit scores. When all we wanted was one month break from the payments to get back on our feet. The modification ended up giving us the same high interest rate we already had and the same loan payments, So after all the calls to ASC and the lies we were told we are now showing as current but we can't refinace with another company for a year because they put us in foreclosure status. The company siad it took so long for them to process our modification becuase they said they had too many people appling for modifications and the were inindated with all the paper work - well we didn't even want one! I am so pissed off I would love to hire an attoney to fight them on this one!!!

marie mccall Jan 18, 2009

i amm in the same thing im tring to get a lawyer we missed 1 payment but have sent akk payments in since but they dident put the payment on the one we missed they just keep chargeing me with interest dec payment we dent in it was late but they were always sent in then i get a letter that im in forcloser im gonna try to fight them hopefully if anyone can help me please email me

American Servicing CompanyIncorrect reporting!

Last year due to bad circumstances we had to voluntarily surrender our home, and by doing that we did a deed in leau, which musically is they don't hold you liable, it wont show you owe on credit report it will show ozero balance. Well in that assumption, about 3 months ago we had to pull our credit, all to find out ASC is still reporting monthly we owe, and adding up late charges. So we haven't owned this home in over a year but they are still reporting we do.I have contacted ASC and they are doing NOTHING. This is false information ASC is reporting. This is Fraud.

• Tb
    TB Apr 09, 2008

ASC is the worst, they put me in a forebearance agreement as if I was in foreclosure and I wasnt' behind in my mortgage. Also, when the APR went up for the first time they took it to the maximum of 11.08%. Is this legal.

I agree and I'm ready for a class action suit. Let's get together and contact a lawyer. My email address is attached for contact purposes.

We need to expose them to regain our credibility.

• Gl
    Gloria Tran Sep 20, 2008

I'm ready for a class action suit. I hate this company.

• Mr
    MR TIRED OF IT Aug 14, 2009

SOMBODY CONTACT ME, IM TIRED OF ASC: [email protected]

American Servicing CompanyScam payment!

Have read many complaints regarding this company. I am a budget counselor who recently worked with clients who were 3 months past due. Conveying our situation to ASC, explaining we were going to pay the past due amount and our plan to keep on track all led to an agreeable payment plan for these clients. ASC WAS GREAT. They listened, took our budget information, agreed to our payment plan taking this home out of foreclosure status. Let this be a reminder: having your info at hand, being prepared, communicating are all keys to a healthy recovery from mortgage collections. Be willing to work with the lender!!! They gave you a loan in good faith - you wouldn't want your employer to call you in and say "oh, you gave me service but I can't pay you your full salary - you'll just have to settle for that", would you? WORK - COMMUNICATE!

• Can you please help me also with my mortgage situation with Nationstar, Please!

• Dw
    dwane j Dec 01, 2009

my name is dwane j was also scam by asc company i had a offer of 450, 000 on a 3 unit brownstone that worth about 530, ooo.i submitted all the paperwork on 0ct 19, 2009 and was mailed a notice from asc they will file and get back to me in 45to65 days.asc company send me no notice and forclosed on the house on nov 12, 2009.i call on nov 30, 2009 asc company said they got the information to file for the short sale but they never file it.on nov 13, 2009 i send a letter of hardship and information i discover a program from the state i could get 4, 200 a month and fill out form with loan modification never heard from asc.documents had state number, letterhead, and stated the amount to be paid, no answer from asc. someone help [email protected]

• Be
    Beverlly Feb 09, 2010

You better get youself a lawyer otherwise ACS will forclose on you. Don't stay there and wait until they come to your house and change the locks. The documents under rewiew don't stop the forclosure. Reed your Deed of Trust very carfully there you will find all that you and your lender can do. If you want to contact me do so - [email protected] my name is Connie G.

American Servicing Company — Wrongful foreclosure!

My mortgage was sold to ASC. My husband changed jobs and in the midst of this I requested paperwork for...

American Servicing Company — ASC should be investigated for fraud!

Maybe if we could all come together to file a class action suit against ASC. It's good to know that we...

American Servicing CompanyFraud, not paying escrowed taxes

How about this... My loan was transferred over from Wells Fargo to this American Servicing Company and after several attempts to get this straightened out, I am still having no luck with them. My taxes are escrowed into my mortgage loan and being paid but American Servicing Company for Wells Fargo does not pay the taxes at all! Despite taking my money for 2 years, they have yet to pay the taxes that are included in my payment. What a scammers.

Mary Lemmon Apr 12, 2007

American servicing, they should all be put in jail. They don't know the truth if they fell over it. They have been trying to foreclose on my home for the last year. Forced place insurance to holding back payments till they were late. They would tell me they never got them, I sent proof of insurance and payment in full 12 times. I know that must be hard to believe.

They put me on a repayment plan for 1 year, the plan would have me pay back more than what they said I owed. I would LOVE TO BRING A CLASS action . Anybody out there want to join me? They don't return calls, answer mail, they don't e mail, only fax. Then they give you the wrong fax number. So it will go to some other state. I don't understand why they are still around. This can't be something new. I think they only hire people who can't read, or add.

Do they have a sheet of paper that gives them a choice of dumb things to say ? Please anyone, if you can help me .

Mary in S. Fl.

• Pa
    Patti D. May 15, 2007

I'm re-paying taxes too and paying more than the taxes. AND I just received a delinquent tax bill from the county for the same taxes. Apparently they didn't pay them, yet I'm re-paying them and more...

• Je
    Jeanine Youngblut - Read Oct 01, 2007

i have been reading all these complaints and im in total shock that this is happening to so many people. i thought i was the ony one until i found this site.i need help and i do not know where to go. i am being taken advantage of by asc. it is almost like they do everythig in their power to purposely forclose on your home. someone please tell me how to fight back. i am at my wits end.

jeanine read

• Al
    Alicia P Oct 10, 2007

This company is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. I am filing numerous complaints and plan on refinancing my home just to get away from them. For the agent of this company that said only folks with poor credit go through this company, I would like them to know that I have A+ credit and like everyone else, was pushed into dealing with this scam company through a mortgage transfer. I too am dealing with these folks paying my property taxes and have been on top of them for the last 2 months. Suddenly this month my payment has changed and I cannot find a number to reach these folks. If anyone has the 800# or any number for that matter please post.

Alicia.

• Ze
    ZEPHREE Dec 28, 2007

AMERICAN SERVICNG COMPANY CURRENT MORTGAGE HOLDER. IN THE FIRST YEAR I HAD A MORTGAGE WITH AMC. THEY CLAIMED I DID NOT HAVE INSURANCE ON MY HOME ,I HAD IT. I SENT IN PROOF AND THEY JUST OVERLOOKED IT. MY PAYMENTS INCRESED BY 600.00 FOR TAX AND INSURANCE I PAY ON MY ON. HAVED PROOF. ALL OF MY PAYMENT WAS PLACED IN A SUSPENED ACCOUNT, I HAVE 2,000. OF INSPECTION FEE'S AND MIS- OF 211.00 FOR NO REASON EXPLAIN. MY SUSPENED ACCOUNT HAS OVER 5,000. BUT I HAVE A NEGATIVE ESCROW ACCOUNT ON 3,000. I OWE ALL OF 4,000 FOR MORTAGE PAYMENTS.NOW I AM UNDER FORCLOSER AND I HAVE BEEN PAYING MY MORTAGE EVERY MONTH AND I AM STILL GETTING FORCLOSED ON. THERE ARE TAKING MY MONEY!!!! ALSO THEY ARE USING MY ACCOUNT AS A ATM MACHINE.........I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

• De
    denise miller Jan 09, 2008

Please people tax and ins have to be paid again this is silly if you are a responsible person and you have money in susp. Then why have you allowed any one to just keep your money please , have you picked up this thing called a deed and not and goosh did you do this thing call reading it is fundamental smile yu people slay me eveyone is trying to take something from you if someone said to me i don't have insurance and i do i would get proof and i would be credit and not paying your taxes do you remember the letter you recieved requesting you pay then they placed forced tax or ins on your home that you were told and in black and white you need to pay again guy read , oh no the big bad mortg company is to take care of you. This is why we are in the shap we are in now because no one wants to man up.

• Al
    al smith Jan 14, 2008

Denise Miller, I have no idea what you are saying. Your sentences make no sense. Please re-read your comments before posting them.

Now, as for the statements on taxes and insurance with mortgage servicing companies; if you have an escrow account and funds are accumulating in that account for paying your taxes and insurance then the liability is with the mortgage servicing company. I would suggest that you call customer service and request a copy of your mortgage history statement be sent to you. This statement will tell you how much has been paid towards principal, interest and escrow. If you see where they have funds in escrow and are not paying taxes and insurance, you may want to request that they close your escrow account, send all escrow funds back to you and you can begin paying them. Generally, most mortgage companies will allow you to close your escrow account if you are current with your payments and have not had any late fees in a 12 month period. When you call this company, ask the customer service rep for the manager of the escrow department. Just remember that you will be responsible for supplying proof of tax and insurance payments to the mortgage servicing company annually. If the taxes and insurance is delinquent due to your servicing company not paying them causing penalties, then you may want to consult legal advice. In my opinion, the taxes and insurance is your responsibility, but delinquent and late fees are the servicing company’s responsibility.

DISCLAMER: This is just my opinion. Please do not try and hold me accountable for anything that I say – it is just my opinion and not professional or legal advice.

• Ka
    Karen Palmer Jul 10, 2008

I lost my home because of American Servicing Company. I went thru a mortgage broker to do a refinance, and was sold at the table to these awful people. I was told we could escrow taxes, but when we got to closing, they refused to escrow. We fell behind because of financial issues, and got onto a repayment plan. We were able to make every repayment plan payment, and bring the loan current, payment was over $2800.00 a month. We then continued on making payments. Again we had financial issues due to my husbands business, and fell behind, I called then to ask for help. They had me do a financial statement, based on the financial statement, we were negative $1000.00 a month in income. I then sent them back the info. We made our next months payment, but I knew that I was going to be late with the next one, so I called them. They said fine, we will notate the acct. I called to make the late payment, and got transferred to a live person, can you believe it, a live person. I was told by that person that based on the info provided on the financial statement that they could not except the payment because we run $1000.00 in the negative every month. I said, " Are you kidding me, I calling you to make a payment, and you won't accept it"! She said, " Mam we show that you can't make this payment so we are not allowed to take it. I was speechless, what was I to do then. Well I mailed the payment in to them, and they sent it back. So because they would not accept any payments from me, they ended up foreclosing on us this past Feb. 2008. They are awful people, and I don't know why the government has not done something about them. I am now on the hook for the short fall, due to the market, of $125, 000.00. I hate what these people are allowed to do to hard working families in this country and get away with it. Class Action Suit sounds good to me. I am in.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices