American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc Complaints & Reviews

American Home Mortgage Servicing IncForeclosed on my home

Took my morgage payment, cashed check, and then said we didnt pay them that month, they then foreclosed on our home, email these people for help, god bless

www.bringaclaim.com

• Ga
    garne81 Oct 06, 2012

We filed for Chapter 13, 2002, husband was making 55, 000 with his pension from GM and my tax income we were close to $100, 000 a year. Was three months shy of completion when bank job disappeared. Our chapter 13 was given a hardship discharge in 2005 .
    spent over 1000 minutes trying to work out a lower Payment with mortgage company, Countrywide. Every three months I would send in payments to get us some more time, to work out a deal where we could keep our farm house of 25 years. We were paying 1550 a month. They did come back with an payment offer of $1600.
    We had two mortgages with Countrywide, $46000 Main mortgage and a home improvement loan of $50000. Finally in July of 2006 we couldn't make anymore payments and the court ordered the foreclosure.
    We spent the year trying to find a way to finance the home so that we could stay in our home. On the last day of time limit of a year, we found what we thought was an investor, who we could sign over the house too, and he would lease the home back to us for two years.
    We signed over the title and he was to pay off the loans. What he did is pay off the 50, 000 loan and Countrywide sent us two 1099c/s for $46, 000 forgiveness of debt in 2007. I was mad and couldn't figure out why they would do a forgiveness of debt since we sold the home for$135, 000. No money changed hands and what the guy did was Pay off the home improvement loan and then borrowed $120, 000 against the home. He also wanted the property tax credit, so any mail about the house came to the address. He told me to open mail and if it was important send it on to him.
    In may the notices begin to arrive from Trot and Trot . company as he was going belly up and they were going foreclose on the house again. So we gave up and filed Chapter 7 to get out from under his contract to collect money from us until July 2009. We had no hope of staying in our home.
    November 2008 we left the farm and moved up to Houghton Lake, MI. We were able to lease a home and a year later we were able to buy a home on a land contract. Countrywide went belly up and sold all their assets to Bank of America. From the time of sale to Bank of America. They started sending us monthly statements that we owed $46, 000 to them since they had taken over Countrywide assets.
    I got a hold of the Attorney General for the state of Michigan and filed a complaint against Bank of America. They got hold of the CEO and he sent me a letter telling us he was sorry for the inconvenience of the notices. During the time that they sent us letters they were reporting to our credit corps that we were delinquent on our house payment.
    In 2009 I amended our tax returned for 2007, to show the 1099c, , s and ended up paying a lot more into the Federal and Michigan taxes.
    I finally showed proof to the reporting agency's and they removed Bank of American from both my husband and my credit reports Oct. 2012. But we still receive the monthly statements from Bank of American and the statements say we know we can't make you pay the payment, but we can charge you $31.17 for each late payment and they also put their insurance on the farm house for $1700 a year and that is all added to the 46000 and continues to build.
    It sure does seem to me that there is some kind of law suit here. Sure would like to know.
    Carolyn

American Home Mortgage Servicing IncFRAUD

This company is the biggest fraud there is in the United States. They take your payments and give to themselves and then they threaten forcloseure and return your payments. They will not allow you to talk to an American Person so that you can understand what they are saying. They phone your house 8 to 10 times a day and there is no one on the phone. They are lying cheating and stealing. They need to be shut down.

American Home Mortgage Servicing Increfusal to give full accounting

american home mortgage servicing inc (ahmsi) purchased my mortgage from option one after my wife passed away. they will not talk with me because i am not on the note. they have been given all death certificates, interspousal transfers and recorded deeds 4 times in last few years. they still will not speak with me. there was a problem with my insurance co and they notified amhsi which opened the flood gates. the took out an overvalued policy and charged me for time of insurance lapse. mortgage payments and insurance were all paid. all property taxes were paid as well.. they cashed mortgage payments but did not credit the account and refuse to give full accounting of what they did with cashed checks. late fees have been charged when they were not justified. now they have doubled my mortgage due to an escrow account fee that will last the length of the loan. this amount is more than my total income. meanwhile ahmsi still will not talk to me. an attorney has tried to straighten out the name on the mortgage and they will not talk with her. saying it will take days to resolve maybe even two months. they keep sending correspondence to estate of... but in california there are no probate documents on an inter-spousal transfer (hence no estate). having paid on time every month, & paid over priced insurance lapse they are still beginning foreclosure proceedings without letting me even talk to them. my attorney who is trying to help is giving up. what should have been a simple issue has turned into a nightmare.
the people ahmsi refer you to for help tell you to hire a lawyer. to hire an attorney when you are on social security income is extremely difficult. ahmsi is simply being non-responsive in anything but a delaying manner. multiple letters (9 in a month), letters not responding to my letters, letters mailed 2 weeks after being written, letters with enclosures but without the enclosure, contradictory letters from different people at ahmsi. total flood of confusing mail but never a real answer. there needs to be a class action suit against ahmsi. i cannot be the only one.

• La
    lauradzi Jan 22, 2010

I am totally in agreement with you maybe we should chat sometime if you have an email I have the similiar situation, I have wrote the New York State Attorney General, The New York State Banking Department as well as the Federal Trade Commission. I wish I could say maybe things will work out but I am also as unsure. Has anyone noticed a corporate adjustment on there statement that American Home cant explain, also as far as accounting they cannot post payment's correctly. I have several missed payment's that cannot be accounted for and this is legal. I think not, complain to your lawmakers, and there are a few suit's I have read about online, as well by the State of Mass and Ohio Attorney General's filing suit's predatory lending practices, discrimination, deception, violating truth in lending. I just would like to know where all my money is, an audit of this company is definitely needed. I am hoping for most of the victim's we will all find justice soon. My advice is to refinance if you can and get out the sooner the better, do not take a loan from this company, I wish I researched Well's Fargo and was not decepted in the beginning of my loan, bad loan's and they are thieves. Truth in Lending Act American Home someone will expose you soon. RMS I hope things get better for you soon.

• Zb
    Z Burkett Feb 24, 2010

I feel your pain, all of you. I was fortunate enough to find a company that is legitimate. Now I know that the banks the news and government say we shouldn’t go to any company that charges, that the banks will modify your loans for free. Well, how many of us on here have had our loans modified by the banks?

A lot have lost their homes, and lot more still will unless you do what’s necessary to save your homes from the banks. I went through what most of you have, I was there. Then I was referred to Corey Lassiter of Clear Image Financial Group. They saved my home.

I know I would have lost it if it wasn’t for him, Tasha, Denise and the rest of the people who work there. Got me caught up on my mortgage 1st & 2nd, lowered my interested rate & payment, and secured me a 50k principle reduction.

Before anyone else on here loses their homes you need to give them a call 877-940-1477 ext 231. Corey Lassiter. Don’t be afraid of hiring a loan modification company, be afraid of the banks, they are the ones who are taking our homes!

I know they get the job done. News and TV made me afraid to even consider a loan modification company because they are all scams and my lender will do it for free (wrong). There hasn't been not one story about a good company and when I tried to contact my local news channel they told me that my success story wasn't news (What!)

So, I am making it my mission to spread the word on this GREAT company!

American Home Mortgage Servicing Incdebited money from my account without my knowledge

my loan started being serviced by American home mortgage servicing inc beginning in march 2009 prior to that it was being held and collected by citi mortgage, i made payments on both loans i have being serviced by ahmsi, one of them is a rental house i built next door to my home i owe 258000.00 i normally pay like clockwork the payments together somewhere along the lines ahmsi got messed up and said they did not receive payment on the next door property in june well i then recieved a letter saying they where in receipt of my payment and everything is OK. i was in a bad motorcycle accident in July and di miss July payment but in august made up for it by sending two payments each, august, Sept they recieved payment then in august 24 2009 i got a letter saying i am in default for non payment and the fees had accumulated to 10, 000.00 for foreclosure i didn't know i was in foreclosure until someone knocked at my door and wanted to inquire about the house being in foreclosure ? what?, while they were standing at my door the phone rang and it was another person or broker requesting information about the foreclosure this was completely wrong information i spoke with the ahmsi company they said if i would make a payment arrangement with them to the tune of 5500.-00 payable in three payments (3) ?? thats 16500.00 i could hold off on the foreclosure ? i did not agree to this meanwhile i sent in Octobers normal payment and they sent it back with a letter stating that it wasn't the correct amount i owed, after speaking with customer service a man rep said that the check was sent back because it was on a personal sized check and not a business size check? what the HE** did that mean? so all the while my other loan was current on November 11, 2009 i received a call from my bank saying that im 6600.00 overdrawn, OVERDRAWN? i had 13000.00 in the bank just yesterday, where did the money go? it seems American home mortgage servicing drafted 9900.00 electronically from my bank account without my knowledge, and received a check for 2312.00 on the other loan all this money was applied to a loan that was current in payments, 9900.00 plus 2300. totaled 12200.00 they said on the website that 7800.00 was applied to my foreclosure and placed in suspense, and that my other loan wasn't to be paid til march 2010, i never received any conformation as to my money being deducted or even received from this company, and only 7800 placed in suspense funds, it would take an additional 7800.00 to bring the loan current? that's 15600.00 in fees? but what about who gave them authorization to do this draft in the first place? i have four other loans with other loan companies and had to explain why my checks were bouncing? so as it stands today im still not notified in any way that American home mortgage recieved any money how they got the money, my bank statement shows 9900.00 drafted and placed into the wrong loan number. ive made complaints with the BBB, FTC, and thinking about complaining to HUD. this was totally wrong for this drafted money to be taken from my account. as it stands they have raised the principal balance on my loan and not applied the payments correctly, escrow is way too much money and don't t even add up correctly. they have raise the principal around 2000 dollars, i did nt agree with the default or foreclosure in the first place and would not have paid the fees they attached to my loan . i dont agree that i was even behind in any payments now what do i do? who is here to help? im ambivalent in filing any home modification with ahmsi because of reading complaints and horror stories from other people . ALL THE COMPLAINING IN THE WORLD ISN'T STOPPING THIS COMPANY FROM TAKING MY HOME .

debited money from my account without my knowledge

• Ro
    RONALD MITTS Jul 25, 2010

THIS A HORRIBLE COMPANY .THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO KEEP BOOKS VERY WELL.YOU RECEIVED A STAEMENT DATED JULY 16, 2010 AND IT IS DUE ON JULY 1, 2010.HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE.

I RECEIVED A STATEMENT THAT WAS DATED APRIL 20, 2009 THAT WAS DUE ON APRIL 1, 2009 .I THEN RECEIVED ONE THAT WAS DATED ON APRIL 16, THAT WAS DUE ON APRIL 1, 2009..
    AND ANOTHER ONE THAT WAS DATEDAPRIL 28 THAT WAS DUE ON MAY 1, 2009 WHICH ONLY GIVE YOU 3 DAYS FOR YOU TO MAIL IT AND THEY RECEIVED IT.THIS IS NO WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS.

DO THEY THINK CONSUMERS ARE STUPID?
    THIS IS WHY THE COUNTRY IS IN THE SHAPE IT IS IN BECAUSE OF COMPANIES LIKE THIS ONE.

American Home Mortgage Servicing IncLATE CHARGE

AT THE BEGINING OF THE YEAR CITI MORTGAGE SOLD OUR LOAN TO AHMSI----AHMSI SENT ME A LETTER FOR MODIFORCATION. SO I SENT THEM ALL THE PAPER WORK. iT TOOK THEM 4 MONTHS TO GET BACK TO ME WITH A DENIAL. I KEPT UP MY PAYMENTS ALL THE FOUR MONTHS ON THE FOURTH MONTH AFTER I MADE MY PAYMENT ON TIME. THEY REFUNDED MY PAYMENT AND I RECIEVED A LETTER SAYING I WAS 20 DAYS LATE. I CALLED AND HAD TO PAY $16.95 TO PAY MY PAYMENT.
I HAVE PUT IN REQUEST TO HAVE LATE FEE AND PHONE IN FEE TAKEN OFF. SENT THEM DOCUMENTATION HOW THEY REFUNDED MY PAYMENT. THEY SAY THEY HAVE NO RECORD. iTS A RIP OFF COMPANY.

• Os
    Osner alexis Oct 11, 2012

I applied for a modification in 2011 with citimortgage after I sent them all my papers and make three payment they cash two of them and hold the other one claim they did not received it, and went on change the lock on my house, throw me out of my house without serving me any paper, i lost all my personal stuff .

American Home Mortgage Servicing Incimproper foreclosure

I received a foreclosure notice from them. Does anyone knows about mortgage notes ? Yes, they DON'T HAVE OUR MORTGAGE NOTES, therefore they can not foreclose on anything. I wanted to purchase my house, get away from the vultures so I requested the blue ink copy or my mortgage note for months. Spent hours with people from India. They never responded. I stop to pay the mortgage because that is the only way to know if they have the note.

American Home Mortgage Servicing IncViolating federal law and state laws

My Compliant is with American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc (AHMSI) – customer care department / Home Retention Department – they are unprofessional, and in violation of the new law that just passed in California which placed a moratorium on the foreclosure process and must try to work out a loan modification with its customers. Also AHMIS violating federal law and state law for refusing to provide the investor information. When asked who was the director of Home Retention - AHMSI refused to provide this information - I informed them (AHMSI Rep I.D. Number PTP) that I will file with the (FTC) Federal Trade Commission and the department of Corporations of California and the Better Business Bureau. I then was transferred to a supervisor (I.D. number J2S) who was asked, what was the name of the director of Home Retention Department - he refused to provide this information and requested that I look on their web site, when asked where on their web site supervisor did not know. When I advised him that the information that I was requesting was not on their web site American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc is shielding this information.

American Home Mortgage Servicing IncCustomer service

My past mortgage company was purchased by AHMSI and it has been trouble since. I called to see if my payment was received and I ws told that I could not make my payment online any longer due to a bankruptcy. even though my house was not included in my bankruptcy. I spoke to a supervisor and only the policy was recited to me. From the customer service person to the supvisor was very RUDE and abrupt. My next call was to find out why they were not reporting my payments to the credit bureau and I was told it was my bankruptcy. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I wa stold "what is the question I can help you" I asked again for a superviosr and she said "I can answer your question" I believe this compnay hires the RUDES people thye can find. I feel as if I am under a rock and a hard place and they know it so they can treat you any way they want. There has to be something that can be done.

• Wr
    wRIGHTS-FAMILY Feb 22, 2010

Our lawyer is in deposition for the next two weeks. The IT person is working with the web designer to allow information from visitors to the site to be added in certain areas. Sorry it is tking longer than expected. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Kevin & Tracy

• Di
    Disappointed customer Feb 24, 2010

no customer service. cost me time traveling to their local office to leave a payment and was told after driving over 30 minutes that they do not take payments. The phone customer service is terrible.

• Ze
    ZEPEDA-SIW FAMILY Oct 28, 2010

...EVERY CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I HAVE SPOKEN WITH HAS A DIFFERENT ANSWER FOR THE SAME QUESTION...WE ARE CURRENTLY 2 MONTHS BEHIND ON OUR PAYMENTS DUE TO FINANCIAL HARDSHIP...WERE ON A REPAYMENT PLAN AND ACCRUE LATE FEES EVERY MONTH...ALSO WE NOTICED THAT OUR ESCROW IS NEGATIVE OVER 1 THOUSAND...IN THE PAST IT WAS SHORT TOO...WE IGNORED IT AND TOOK US ABOUT A YEAR TO CATCH IT UP...WE DON'T KNOW TOO MUCH INFO ON HOW THE ECROW PROCESS WORKS...THEN RECENTLY WE RECEIVED THE YEARLY PROPERTY TAX POSTCARD IN THE MAIL AND IT STATED THE VALUE OF OUR HOME DROPPED DRAMATICALLY SO THERE FOR OUR PROPERTY TAXES SHOULD BE A LITTLE CHEAPER WHICH IS INCLUDED IN OUR MORTGAGE PAYMENTS...AHMSI SAID THE PAYMENT WOULD STAY THE SAME AND WHEN I ASKED WHY?...I WAS PUT ON HOLD THEN THEY HUNG UP ON ME...BEFORE OUR HARDSHIP STARTED I NOTIFIED AHMSI AHEAD OF TIME SO WE COULD MAYBE HAVE SOME OPTIONS SINCE WE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT FOR 4 YEARS...I WAS TOLD A MODIFICATION PACKAGE WOULD BE SENT OUT ASAP...AFTER 1 WEEK I CALLED THEM AND THEY TOLD ME TO BE PATIENT IT SHOULD BE THERE SOON...ANOTHER 2 WEEKS WENT BY AND I CALLED THEM THEN I WAS TOLD WE ARE NOT EVEN ELIGIBLE?????...ABOUT 1 WEEK LATER WE WERE SENT MODIFICATION PAPERS WE SENT OUT 2 YEARS PRIOR...THE SAME EXACT PAPERS THEY SAID THEY NEVER RECEIVED????...OUR REPAYMENT PLAN IS ABOUT 400 DOLLARS MORE A MONTH FOR 13 MONTHS...TWO PAYMENTS AGO I WAS ASKED HOW I GOT THE MONEY TO MAKE THE PAYMENT AND I TOLD THEM WE HAD TO BEG AND BORROW FROM A FAMILY MEMBER...THE CUST. SERVICE REP SAYS" I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU BEGGING SIR"?...WE ARE CURRENTLY WAITING FROM THE NEGOTIATOR FROM AHMSI TO GIVE US A RESPONSE ON THE HAMP MODIFICATION WE APPLIED FOR...UPS KEEPS COMING TO OUR HOME EVERYDAY TO GIVE US CERTIFIED MAIL...AHMSI SAYS IT IS A LETTER OF INTENT TO JUST IGNORE IT?...WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?...MY WIFE AND I HAVE 2 CHILDREN AND ARE STRESSED OUT TO THE LIMIT WITH THE HOLIDAYS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...WE DON'T KNOW WHO WOULD HELP...THE LAST TIME I SPOKE TO A AHMSI CUST. SERVICE REP ...I TOLD THEM WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?...HE RESPONDS BY SAYING..."SIR, JUST MAIL US YOUR KEYS"...

THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO READ THIS...IF U WOULD LIKE TO SHARE ANY COMMENTS OR HELPFUL INFO...OUR [email protected]

• Re
    RedLipz2011 May 21, 2011

I too have a mortgage with AHMSI. I am behind in payments due to unemployment and was offered the option to pay 1225 one month and they wanted 1395 the next month and I told them I had to borrow from my parents the 1225 but did not know how I could pay the 1395 the next month. They said that was all they could offer. I paid the 1225 and when I couldn't pay the 1395 the sent out foreclosure papers and said they can not take partial payment at all, I called back a few days later and they were willing to take 1500.00. I have never been more stressed in my life. I have owned this home for 30 years and certainly do not want to lose it now.

American Home Mortgage Servicing IncLOOSING MY HOME

THIS SO CALLED MORTGAGE COMPANY HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME OR NOT EVEN NEGOTIATE WITH ME MY LOAN MODIFICATION.. EVERYTIME I CALL THE OPERATOR IS VERY RUDE AND HALF OF THE CONVERSATION I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THERE ENGLISH.. IT SEEMS ALL OPERATORS HAVE A VERY HARD TIME SPEAKING ENGLISH. I HAVE BEEN IN MODIFICATION SINCE MAY 2008 AND AHMSI HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME... I AM SENDING THERE INFO TO CNN AND SEE IF MAYBE THEY ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING ME INVESTIGATE THIS SO CALLED COMPANY.. FOR ALL THAT ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION I STRONGLY ASK YOU TO DO THE SAME SO SOMEONE COULD LISTEN TO US AND HELP US NOT TO LOOSE OUR HOME.

Maggie Apr 13, 2009

Contact moneylife.com or modifymyloan.com good luck

• Re

Direct line 214-260-8794
    Fax 866-274-1503

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Oct 05, 2012

You"children" signed the papers for those mortgages - I presume as an adult legally responsible for that action. Who on earth told you that you never had to be held to those contracts? Whattya think this is? Sesame Street?

American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc — loan

OptionOne & AHMSI, I got behind with OptionOne over a year ago, it took them 6 months to do the follow up on...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices