Affordable Legal Help Complaints & Reviews

Affordable Legal HelpThis place was definately A SCAM !!!

We need everyone to send information to Aj Rotella ...they are investigation this co... Edward Maddison AKA Edward Herzstock needs to be stopped this punk is only 24 years old and has taken advantage of all of us please help the sheriffs department get him he will do it again...Ms. Jenkins, Ms. Glessner, and Ms. Wiechec:

Thank you all for the recent emails regarding the Affordable Legal Help company and your suspicion that they may be operating a fraudulent business. I can sense and understand the frustration that you have with the process and the lack of assistance that you have received from the various agencies that you have contacted in the past. As you are now contacting the City of Santa Clarita and its Sheriff's station, please know that we will do review this matter and see if resources can be found or applied to resolve the problem.

As I mentioned on the telephone to you, what I need to begin this process is an actual police report filed by a law enforcement agency by you relating to this case. This will mean that each victim will have to go to their various local agency and report this incident and the loss that each incurred.

To make this process and the potential investigation smoother, I would like you to mail me a packet of the following documents to my attention at the address provided below:

1. Copy of police report
2. Copy of any contracts between Affordable Legal Help and you (or your family member)
3. Any information that you received from the company (brochures, information, advertisements, etc.)
4. Copies of any email correspondence, letters of demand, written responses from the company to you.
5. A brief summary with dates and facts related to your specific case (when you first contacted them, how you found them in the first place, what services were they to provide, how do you feel that you were defrauded, what did or did they not do for the money that you paid, what phone calls did you make, who did you speak to, what was their response, etc.)

I hope that you understand that this case is quite complicated, as each of you resides in different states. The additional 20-30 victims that you have indicated that you are in contact with must each do the same process to truly get an understanding as to what this company is doing and to proceed with any investigation.

As these packets might be quite large in size (based on the number of documents), I would like each to be mailed rather than emailed to my attention.

I have already been in contact with the California Attorney General's office as well as the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office to see if either agency would be able to provide resources or investigation into this matter. As with us, no agency can determine the level of resources needed or whether this is in fact a criminal matter versus a civil matter without first seeing a criminal complaint report -- which begins with you reporting this in person to a law enforcement agency.

As this is a complicated matter, we would not be able to take a telephonic report, nor an email report of the case -- as we need all of the documents associated with the case to review and prepare an investigation.

Any additional victims that you find or are in contact with do not need to personally contact me. If they follow the steps in this email and send their information to my attention, they will be included in the review and possible investigation.

I hope that this email at least provides each of you with a level of comfort that someone is going to review this case to see if it meets the criteria for a criminal complaint. The City of Santa Clarita is diligent in its efforts to keep crime at a minimum and we appreciate that you each have brought this matter to our attention.

A.J. Rotella, Sergeant
Los Angeles Sheriff's Department - Santa Clarita Valley Station
City of Santa Clarita Sheriff's Business Alliance
23740 Magic Mountain Parkway
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
[protected] office

Respond

Affordable Legal HelpScammed !!!

1. Copy of police report

A.J. Rotella, Sergeant
    Los Angeles Sheriff's Department - Santa Clarita Valley Station
    City of Santa Clarita Sheriff's Business Alliance
    23740 Magic Mountain Parkway
    Santa Clarita, CA 91355

1 Response
        Hello1234 Apr 14, 2010

I spoke with CJ Ward an investigator for Keyt News at 730 Miramonte Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109 last night. He stated to me that it would be our best interest to inform him of our situations. Please contact him.

Edward was second in charge for Father's Choice and CJ was a part in stopping them.

Here are some links to the "Father's Choice" problem, from News Station:

Also, here are some more websites I found to show you who we are dealing with, this is proof that all Edward does is change the name of the company and scams the same way:

On this, you can scroll all the way to the bottom and see "Nadia Nicole" aka Nicole Smith responding to a complaint about Edward. Nadia is her real name and is involved in this even going back to Father's Choice.

/URL removed/

Edward Herzstock was second in command there. If you read the article it states Edward's name several times.

Affordable Legal Helpthey steal your money

you call them and describe your legal matter and they promise you the world. they took my 1500.00 by credit card right away and said they would start my case and get back to me with info. no one calls back and than they don't answer phone calls or emails. when you finally do get a hold of someone they give all kinds of excuses (apparentally everyone gets sick around there ALOT) you than request a refund and get nothing. this goes on for months and nothing is resolved. no services are performed(i mean nothing) and they keep your money.

SLB1779 Mar 27, 2010

If you have not contacted the FBI and the proper people about this group I urge you to do so . There are several of us that have been scammed here and it is not right. They need to be shut down so they cant continue taking people's money like this.

• Sh
          ShellieB Mar 25, 2010

I have spoken to this office on numerous occasions once I read this board. I might have made a different decision about using their services but hopefully my comment on this board will help others who stumble across it.

This company has good intentions and does care about helping people. This is clear evidence that it is true as there are several people whom have posted on this board that it is a scam and that no one should use the service - who have posted follow up comments letting all of us know that they have been helped and are satisfied with the service. I mean HELLO?? Duh. I work in customer service at a bank and I KNOW what customers deal with when they fell mistreated, I hear it all day. And scams don't have any positive feedback at all - not to mention people who originally posted negative who are now pleased with the service. That ONLY shows effort to fix a problem or concern, everyone has got them. Personally, I would rather know where a company has been and what they are doing than not knowing anything at all.

The majority of the people on here are the same people, with the same stories. Pick up the phone! Call for help - I call every few days and if I leave a message it is returned. I am very thankful that my decision in choosing this company to help my son so far is the right one, he doesn't have a computer and I researched them on the internet for him.

Call their office, ask for help. If they cannot help you or don't try to help, I'd be surprised. They are very helpful and understanding when I came to them about my concern of reading this board. So far my son is getting the service we paid for and I will continue my feedback as it seems appropriate to help others.

Respectfully,
          Shellie B.
          San Antonio, Tx

Affordable Legal Help — The Truth about this company

Setting the record strait is the most important step is resolving the issues some of the clients of...

Affordable Legal Help — Affordable legal Lack Of Concern For Clients

Well I wanted to post a positive response on here about this legal group, as they did file the first set of...

Affordable Legal Help — Rated with a &F& by the BBB

I have been waiting for my refund since being notified by Edward Maddison on December 17th, 2009 per my...

Affordable Legal Helpbusiness and credit card fraud

I hired these scam artists back in Aug 18, 2009 and paid the first half of 745 then in nov 5, 2009 paid the other half. between the aug and nov they did nothing and barely communicated with me and then only after i called and email with half threats did i get any response and still nothing forthwith but on good promises i still paid the rest of my dues in nov and since then all communication has been zip. no calls no emails nothing. i call constantly and email constantly but to no avail. These guys promise so much but did nothing but take my money. no documents written for me for court, no lawyers to speak with, no court dates set up, nothing at all!

Do Not Trust these people!

I want my money back you scammers! your soposed to be a good standing law firm but all you are is a bunch of con artists. you promise so much and deliver nothing. Top of the line Business Fraud and Credit Card Fraud is all you are! I am contacting the FBI, the BBB, and going to hire my own attorney (one I can trust who will work for winnings) and going to sue you for damages, time, money wasted, Business and Credit Card Fraud, breach of contract, failure to comply with state and national laws... practicing law with out a law degree (all u have is LDA none of you are licensed Paralegals or lawyers)(man how i wish i new all this before hand) you better get in touch with me asap with a refund or your lookin at some hard times!

Quincy Burleson

SLB1779 Mar 27, 2010

I say we all file a lawsuit against these people.

SLB1779 Feb 08, 2010

Well good luck to you - I have been asking for my refund since Nov. They arent going to do what they say its all a show for them. LIES LIES LIES that is all they give to any of us. Nicole said she was going to take over and get my situation handled. I have not heard a thing from her or from Edward its all BS . I really dont know how they sleep at night knowing they rip people off that really needed help. I would like to sue them to for all the time of mine they have wasted, the stress I have had dealing with them, the grief, all of it.. sitting there lying to me the whole damn time. PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF BEING TREATED THIS WAY! We all paid you in good faith and you did NOTHING for us. There is NOT a doubt in my mind that ya'll are a SCAM.

Affordable Legal Helpfraud scam

This group is a NIGHTMARE!! DO NOT USE THEM!! Nicole, you have claimed that we have been refunded in full. Funny, when I got my local police involved the TRUTH finally comes out that we infact have not been refunded. You have been LYING TO US SINCE NOVEMEBER OF 2009? What is ethical and legitimate about that? Your company took our money, did nothing for us and has not refunded us (to say the least). Edward Madison who me or my husband have never talked to EVEN HAD THE GUTS TO LIE to my local police department stating that he has spoken with James and I, which he NEVER has. I just keep uncovering more lies. His story is COMPLETLEY different from the comment you responded to stating that we (The Miller's) could not be helped. ALL YOUR COMPANY DOES IS LIE, I THINK THAT IT SAYS ALOT ABOUT A COMPANY THAT IS WILLING TO LIE TO A LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT. IF YOU ALL DO THAT, OF COURSE YOU LIE TO ANYYONE OFF THE STREET. GIVE US BACK OUR MONEY!!!
          WARM REGARDS,
          HEATHER MILLER

• Updated by Heather Miller · Feb 17, 2010

DO NOT USE THIS GROUP!!! DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMASTANCES USE THIS GROUP! DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT ANYONE IN THE ENTIRE OFFICE SAYS!!! THEY WILL SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY AND DELIVER NOTHING TO YOU!! THEY HAVE AN "F" RATING WITH THE BBB. MY LOCAL POLICE OFFICE EVEN TRIED TO GET ENVOLED AND THIS GROUP ASSURED THEM THAT I WAS GOING TO GET REFUNDED AND STILL...NOTHING. IF THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AND ONLY POST LIES TO REPLY TO ALL OF US WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED DO WE REALLY THINK THAT AFTER 6 MONTHS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE THE DESENCY TO REFUND US? YOU STEALING SCAMMING FRAUDING COMPANY!! ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING USING THIS GROUP...DO NOT!! YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF REPRESENTING YOURSELF!! NO LIE!! THAT IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE END ANYWAYS AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO GET SCAMMED OUT OF MONEY IN THE LONG RUN!!! XOXOXOXO
              HEATHER MILLER

1 Response
              SLB1779 Feb 01, 2010

This group is a nightmare to deal with. How many of you have received the email stating how they are sorry about us falling thru the cracks and that things are going to change because they fired the people that were the problem????? I have emailed them back still asking for my $1500 that I have been asking for since FREAKING NOVEMBER and they have not replied SURPRISE SURPRISE. What a joke ! This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Still no one has the decency to pick up the phone and call me and talk to me about what I have had to deal with . All the lies, time wasted, money taken, the frustration in dealing with this awful group. LIKE I SAID WHAT A JOKE. We have all been done this way and its really sad we were all taken advantage of. Where is our Money????? Why dont you call us and speak to us???Edward I am still waiting since the 26th of Jan when you said you were going to call me. Nicole since your so concerned about everyone why dont you call?

Affordable Legal HelpLegal Scam

Man oh Man, I was looking up Edward Maddison name, as he was presented to my son as a Attorney that represents Affordable law and will represent him. I feel awful as I found this group for my son, online it says its a father's advocate group, which I thought what better people to represent my Son, Read there Ad, AFFORDABLE, SOMETIMES FREE, LOW COST.I was even told when my Son give them $400 dollars that, "well that isn't very much money to do anything with. Well they got $700 out of us. WHAT A JOKE! My Son is going through a terrible divorce and custody over his son whom he hasn' t seen in 4 months, because she moved 5 hrs away. They said oh no problem we will file an injuction that never came. Our story is like all above, Oh mr. Edwards isn't in or he will get back to you ASAP. My son was suppose to file his paperwork back in Nov to start visitation of his Son. Well because they did not provide the service or documentation, she now served him paperwork, which means she will get everything she wants and my Son is out. We gave them $700.00, my son lost his job, and this came out of our pocket, my Husband is too Disabled Veteran and I am on Disability. I just don't know what to do now, because to them this money was nothing, but it might as well been a million dollars we now have 20 days to response to her. And when you go to the better bb site, you will see people who waited up until the day of court and nothing was done. How could I of been so trustworthy of theses people, my heart hurts for my Son and grandson, whom I am sure I will never See.
            This group needs to be accountable for this.

Please anyone want to response to me concerning this company's practices. please email me your names and email address, I am sure I will response to you quicker than affordable law has. I am fling a complaint with BBB & Federal trade commission. But maybe if I got a petition going with names they will look at that more firmly. I am also a Disabled Veteran whom they took advantage of my son making false promises. Of course everyday is, they are working on it.. but no paperwork has been produced. It makes a person wonder, I will contact my JAG millitary lawyers to see if something can be done. But since my Son is 28 we would again have to pay for another attorney. Since this law practice took $700 of our money, not easy to come up with that again.
            We need to stop this from happening to others.
            email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Updated by Anna2u · Jan 16, 2010

Let's not waste your time, but you have time to answer all the complaints on here.
                What is wrong that this company hangs up on people because they are so frustrated when things are not filed on time. Jim is falling through the cracks, and in your email you stated it would be filed by the window time line. Well Monday is a holiday, and it has to be filed by Tuesday, you were hired back in Oct and this is Febuary. And yet your website stated we can file it fast for you. Now if this is not filed by tuesday, guess what he losing all rights to his Son. So your right lets not waste your time .
                I will go the exact steps now.

• Updated by Anna2u · Mar 20, 2010

Well I haven't given up but I think Nicole Smith And Ed Maddison have. They will not response to emails or phone calls left or even answer there phone. My Son Lost custody as they took our money and we could not afford to get any more help. We tried every where here in Idaho that we could think of, but legal aid or pro bono attorneys will not take this case.
                I have asked Nicely please affordable Return Our Money.. I asked in Angry give us back our money.
                I even had a email over a month ago from Ed Maddison saying they were reviewing whether or not to return our money, then the next's breathe he is Praying for our family.. Well that is a nice jestor but it didn't help my son with his case or them do the right thing and return what they took from us.
                I feel awlful for my son, we gave him all we had, and it didn't matter to this company that my husband is a disabled Veteran, just as long as they got there money. My husband is very upset that they will not return this money, I am sure he will continue to email them until they do the right thing, but I know he just needs to give up cause that is what this company wants.
                thanks for your concerns
                Anna

SLB1779 Jan 19, 2010

Did they come thru for your son today? I doubt it. They never call people back or even answer the phone at this point ! I have been dealing with these people since Aug and all they did was type up some papers that were not even correct and called it good. They were completely WRONG and I told them I wanted my $1500 back and SURPRISE SURPRISE I still dont have it! I have been asking since NOV and they just keep giving me the runaround and more lies. So if I was you I would start asking for your money back now. Go to justice.gov they have a thing for internet fraud, you can contact the FBI- their website says they will contact the local authority, also go to www.fraud.com, I am looking into Lawyers that do class action law suits. I am so tired of asking for my 1500.00 back and them lying to me. We will call, oh the payment is in the mail, blah blah blah... Lies. It is really sad they dont even have the decency to call ANY of us and talk to us and actually do what they say they will. Its obviously a SCAM. For Nicole to say dont waste her time- Ha ! - ya'll have wasted plenty of my time - didnt file the paperwork to get my son returned like you told me you would! I have spent hours emailing you people and calling for what????? to be lied to some more. But thats fine I am pursuing this. When I get my money back I will have nothing else to say to you or about you. I urge all of you not to give up on getting your money returned. I am sure your all hard working people and need that money just like I do. DONT GIVE UP-!

• Mr
                Mr Jackson Jan 19, 2010

keep up the good work everyone!

NicoleASmith09 Jan 09, 2010

John,

Jim's case is very extensive - and has been closely monitored each step of the way as we help him and complete this divorce. About half way through, we he was served documents 12/28/09, which require a swift response. The response has already been drafted, sent to Jim for review as of yesterday, Friday 1/8/10 - with about 10 days to spare to complete this within the required set of time.

This is unbelievable - in a meeting with Mr. Maddison today 1/8/10, I confirmed that communication with this client, Jim, was as early as today. We are have have been doing our part, and we want the best for him. Now, if communication is not happening between the two of you I would be happy to step in and bridge the gap.

This isn't a game - please do not waste my time, I have others that need help. Whatever your relation is to our client - we are servicing him, and we have not let him fall through the cracks. This is just as important to us as it is for our client.

Warm regards,

Affordable Legal Help — Refund

I first retained the services of the Affordable Legal Group as of the 15th of September of 2009. My goal wa...

Affordable Legal Help — INTERNET FRAUD

AFFORDABLE LEGAL HELP IN A NUTSHELL!!! A crime in which the perpetrator develops a scheme using one or more...

Affordable Legal Help — Fraud

AFFORDABLE LEGAL HELP: MY SUGGESTIONS CONCERNING AFFORDABLE LEGAL HELP ARE AS FOLLOWS. Go to this website...

Affordable Legal HelpLegal Services

I signed the agreement on 11/19/09 and have yet to have anyone "do" anything on my case. They have missed one court date, there are two more scheduled in January and all I receive is "I promise someone will get back to you".

Under NO circumstances should anyone retain this law group with the intention of receiving anything. They will "act" and have you believe as if they will help you with your case, have knowledge, but so far, all I have received is the run around. Constant promises without any follow through.

My guess is that they will put you off for as long as you will take it in hopes that you will eventually fire them for their lack of responsiveness.

If anyone would like to discuss this and my experiences with me, feel free to contact me at [protected].

I would also like to add that I am thankful for Richard Mears for posting his complaint. I have spoke to him many times and he is not friends with this group as they may claim, he has not received anything from this group and retained them in July 2009.

Tamara Molde
              Minnesota

8 Responses

SLB1779 Dec 15, 2009

Nicole All I keep being told is it is going thru the process. I understand there is a process but like I said there have been several times I was told you should already have the money - they are done processing your refund per Kenneth.Then he said well i told you wrong, then he told me it was done last week. So what else am I supposed to think? when I am told its there and its not??? I would just like the 1500.00 returned, I need that money for the new lawyer I have had to hire. People come to your company because they need help, and to be put off and have to go thru this when your already having a hard time is not right.

NicoleASmith09 Dec 15, 2009

Ms. Miller,

As long as your account is still standing, even if you have canceled a card - it will be credited to your account. You made three separate payments of which all are refunded. You have received the first and please confirm with me via email when you receive the others.

Heather Miller Dec 15, 2009

I am still waiting for our refund in full as we gave this group $750.00, they did nothing for after many promises and we have only received $250.00 back from this company. Nicole as you have stated that the total refund was made all at the same time, and Yes we used 2 different cards to process our payment and your company made three seperate transactions off of our two cards we still have NOT received anything more but the $250.00 back from your company. I left a voicemail regarding this yesterday with still no returned call and it is going well into 6 weeks of "this process" to refund our money. Please contact me inoreder to resolve this.
                  Heather Miller

Ms. Molde,

Mr. Mears was the first individual to post negative feedback online. I cannot say anything about how he feels, I can only say that we tried our best to help him.

It is no doubt that period with our communication and his skepticism led him to post the comment, but with out a doubt he was refunded in full and has had several conversations with our office about his experience which we are implementing for a better experience.

Sincerely,

Ms. Britt,

Again, your request was received and submitted already. I have sent you an email confirming this and I will send you another. There is a process we must follow, as I have escalated you already as well. We can touch base again on Monday via phone or email if I am unavailable.

Sincerely,

Ms. Molde,

Your court date was not missed - when you retained our services you brought it to our attention that you will be attending the hearing without representation as there was not enough time for our group to prepare.

You have allowed us to prepare your case and retain an attorney for your hearings. Mr. Horowitz and Mr. Nash will be speaking with you tomorrow.

Sincerley,
                  Affordable Legal Help.

SLB1779 Dec 13, 2009

I would start looking for another avenue. I gave them all the money they said it would take to get their help and the paperwork was totally incorrect - they asked me what changes need to be made????? I have had to hire another attorney and have been contacting these people on a daily basis just trying to get my money back. All i get is a total runaround saying its done and then im told its not, then it is and I should already have it etc...I would hate for anyone to go thru what I have been thru.

Affordable Legal Help — Dissatisfied

To whom it may concern, September 20, 2009 I hired this company, Affordable Legal Help, on July the...