ReUnion.comMisrepresentation, unethical customer service

K

I have been led to believe I could obtain a full email address from this reunion.com after I pay the 3 year fee of $120. I am an insurance investigator and am well versed in databases. I thought I had found a good one. Instead, Earl advises me the "people finder" database is a separate company and the extra fees are not his concern. Earl advises my $120 is a fare price to tell me more information is available for an additional charge.

There are many rip off companies like this on the web. I was also led to believe my card would be charged $3 a month instead of the full $120. The "agreement" that says the fee is non-refundable has a window field of 3-4 lines and fails the legal contract prerequisites.

Thank goodness for express-b105579">American Express. If I don't get a refund, I will dedicate $4 an hour times 30 hours =$120, to spread the word for scam artists and frauds like reunion.com

reunion.com complaint
reunion.com investigation
reunion.com fails
reunion.com sucks
reunion.com fraud

Good businesses get good customers, look what your getting

• Mb
    M.Bond Aug 10, 2016

Meg Whitman was the chairperson of Ebay/Paypal until 2008. Paypal did not respond to any of the claims thousands of people filed against reunion.com for illegally taking money out of accounts. Meg Whitman is currently running for Governor of California. Let her know that this kind of irresponsible management will NOT be tolerated. $36 may not be a lot of money for Ms. Whitman, but it adds up.

Let her know that we are not happy

Joyce Aug 10, 2016

I entered a membership subscription to Reunion.com on Oct 19, 2007 which was to expire on October 19, 2008. I called them on October 8, 2008 and requested cancellation of my membership. They billed me for a renewal fee anyway on October 18, 2008. I contacted them on October 24, 2008 and complained. They said they would cancel the membership and after I requested a refund of the renewal fee, they said they would refund it through PayPal. After they did not send a refund in a few weeks, I contacted PayPal and requested their assistance. My refund still has not been issued. I've also heard that this company sells members information to companies that put your information on a list that can be bought by anybody and that's why you start getting scam e-mails. I highly recommend that you DO NOT become a member of this organization.

• Li
    Linda Aug 08, 2016

They just did the same thing to me. They charged my credit card for 59.00 and will not reverse when I requested them to do so. Why are they still getting way with this. Where are our government officials to stop and arrest these individuals?

• Valerie Aug 08, 2016

I used this website on November 1, 2008. Do not remember putting in my checking account information. If I did, it was NOT to authorize any charges on my account. They posted a transaction to my account for $62.00 and cannot tell me why I was charged. They have a no refund policy so I had to dispute the charges with my bank which is a whole another hassle in itself. Stay away from REUNION.COM at all costs.

• Be
    beedee Jun 06, 2016

I agree that reunion.com are a bunch of ###!!! They see that a person is looking for another person and after a while they take things from Public Record and place that person on the website as if he/she did it him/herself. This is what reunion did to me. I was the one looking for an ex-boyfriend for about a year on the website. He suddenly appreared about two months ago. Natrually, I shoot a message to his reunion.com address. I haven't heard from him. Then two days ago I went to the help section and saw that they take info from Public Record!! That's horrible not only for the person who is looking for somebody, but for the person whose information was placed on the website without his /or her permission!! It gave me false hope. I can not trust the website anymore.

• Fl
    Florida lady 2011 Jun 06, 2016

This online business is run by idiots. For several months now, I have been trying to communicate with these people about my name not appearing in the alphabetical listing. I paid for a year's subscription and inquired as to why my name was not included in this listing. After nine weeks of emails, the "outcome" answer I got was that "the list must not update very often"... this response was from their tech dept.!! I was told by different customer service employees everything from, "it takes 10 business days", or "it does show up but not if you are searching for yourself" (NOT true). I told them that I just wanted a refund for my annual membership but they completely ignored that issue. Half the time my emails were just ignored and when someone finally did answer, the reason for not getting back to me sooner was "I was out sick for the past week".

And, I get emails EVERY DAY which contain the SAME info!!! Also, have you noticed that their website is slow as [email protected]#*??? They have lost a customer, that's for sure! And, thanks to all of you for the heads up on how they automatically renew your subscription! Ill be on the alert for that!!

John Custer Jun 06, 2016

Reunion.com creates problems by spaming into networks that you have that are intended to be private. They really created a problem for me -- there so called 2 week delay in deleting is bogus.

• E
    E Jun 06, 2016

The customer service at reunion.com is horrible, and they've wasted my time for two days now. They treat me like a joke and get angry with me when I ask for someone who can understand me. My first language is English and I am being forced to explain in very, very simple terms what I want. Even then, I get put on hold. Reunion.com will be running themselves out of business if they keep employees who act like this.

• Br
    brandon cross Jun 06, 2016

hey, i sucribed for one months worth of this website and i have been charged 4 times, and on top of it two days later it wont let me sign in and it says i have to resucribe and now im 200 dollars - in the bank i have no money and i want a refund you must have a bunch of dumb ### running this site.i want a refund asap im very pissed off.icant afford this its very inconvieint

• Ga
    Gammber Jun 06, 2016

Very unscrupulous practices - I went on this web site last night and saw information indicating that I could enroll for 5.00. After I put in my credit card information I learned that I would be charged $60.00. They have a customer service number that I have attempted to call at least 50 times this morning, and it is continuously busy. It is clear that they do not want to provide any customer service. I have contacted my bank this morning, and was told that I could dispute the charge, but it would first have to be deducted. I have been looking at this same website about thee years, just to see what I could about old classmates. The names are available free. There is no information that they have that I would pay $60.00 for. Please do not give any credit card information to this web site.

• Rm
    RM Jun 06, 2016

Reunion.com claims that they allow no refunds! But they don't tell you that until it's too late. They make it as hard as possible to contact them. I signed up by mistake thinking this was another website. I realized my mistake in minutes and tried to cancel the order and get my profile deleted. It will not let me delete my profile - it says I must CALL them to get it deleted. They also charged me and have not responded to my emails - which were sent both directly and through their website contact form.

Thanks for the warning about not importing your contacts to them - what a nightmare.

I gave them time to respond but they have not responded to me. My card has been charged - and no word from them whatsoever.

• Yl
    YL Jun 06, 2016

Don't waste your money at Reunion.com. They sent me an email with an old friends name in the subject line, well I wanted to get in touch and joined the 7 days for $14.00.
    My friend was no where to be found anywhere on Reunion.com. I thought I just blew $14.00 for nothing, that was until a week later they charged me $14.00 again and every month after! I tried calling them, they refused to help, told me I should have read the fine print. I have had to cancel my credit card for the payments to stop! So read the fine print first!

Jane Doe Jun 06, 2016

I am so angry i can't take it anymore. I have never been so pissed off in my life. Here is what happened. I got a request to join reunion.com from someone i hardly knew, then i signed up for a free account. During sign up they asked me to log into my gmail account to import my contacts into their system. What they don't tell you is that they immediately import all your gmail contacts and then send invitations to all your friends to join reunion.com. I am talking about every single person you have ever emailed; your boss, your family, friends, in my case... all my professors in law school. I am so pissed off right now that i had to report this...someone needs to put these people. Please report on this... It should be illegal (it probably is). I will be apologizing to people for weeks.

• Ti
    Tina Jun 06, 2016

I don't need to explain how I feel about a website that digs into your personal email to contact everyone that you've ever been in touch with: your boss, your friends, people that you are trying to get into business with. I've never had to face such embarassment in my life. This website should be sued. This is invasion of privacy and if there is a legal system in this country, I don't see how these people can get away with such scam. Not only do they contact everyone you know, but if the person does not accept to be contacted by you, they bombard them with reminders. If anyone is interested, especially a lawyer, I would like to get in touch and do something about this. These companies are ruining our lives, and believe me, they're making money out of it.

• Ti
    Tina Jun 06, 2016

Another reunion.com victim Jun 06, 2016

Reunion obtained my personal information from somewhere and is using it without my permission. This is plain unethical. Shame on this slimy serpent named Cornell McGee. I think people should boycott reunion.com. I think that the tech community should ostracize reunion.com. The community leaders should help us get together and file a lawsuit against them in an organized way. We should also find out who sold our information to reunion.com without our permission. Shame on them too.

• Ca
    Catherine Jun 06, 2016

I have had a similar experience with Ecademy. They have sent out 'Request to connect with ...' emails to all of my private email contacts - without my permission - and claim that it is my fault if I am not happy with this, as it's because I did not 'bother' to read their terms and conditions.

• Ce
    Celia D. Johnson Jun 06, 2016

Have been charged $36.00 in spite of having canceled lats year. This has led my bank account to becoming over-drawn with daily fees I cannot pay.

Can they be made to pay these over-draft fees as well as returning my $36.00 ? I live on a small fixed income and this is actually pretty serious to me.

Thanks

• Ra
    Ray Jun 06, 2016

I recently had a charge from another business show up on my CC account that was the result of Reunion.com and some sleazy linking that sent my CC information to a company called Shopping Essentials. I recall seeing an advertisement for this but never clicked on the link or approved of the charge.

I no longer trust the site (now named MyLife) and will do whatever is necessary to cancel the account. On top of that, I will have my card canceled ASAP to avoid this happening in the future since they do not allow you to remove your CC information after joining - another sleazy move.

• Ga
    Garrett Allen Phelps Jun 06, 2016

Yes, I too was a fool. They let me believe they had an address for a friend from my past. I also thought it was going to be only $5.00. But of course, it was $60. And they never found my friend.

Total ripoff.

• Valerie Jun 06, 2016

I kept getting advertisements from these people in every email account I had with messages that this or that person was looking for me (which was not true), and they advertised membership for only $5.00 a month. Since I am on disability I figured I could squeeze $5.00 into my monthly budget, but the next day I discovered they had debited my account for $60.00. I immediately wrote them by email stating that their advertising was false, that I could not afford $60.00, that I had 72 hours legally to change my mind, and to please refund my money. I never heard a word.

Tonight I received one of their notices in my email, and when I went to log in I was told that I did not have a membership. I was outraged and sent them an email to that effect. Most of the time when they send messages that someone is 'looking' for you, that in fact is not the truth. It is simply a ploy to lure you to their site.

Please do not be suckered in by these people. Their business practices are sleazy at best.

• Ki
    kimberly prager Jun 06, 2016

Reunion.com automatically renewed my subscription even though I canceled this service. They charged my paypal account regardless of having disabled automatic renewal. I filed a complaint with paypal as well as filed a resolution with paypal and paypal said they could do nothing.

I am out 36.00 after I had cancelled the account months in advance. They are scammers and engage in fraudulent charging. Do not enroll in this service unless of course you would like to participate indefinitely!!!

CROOKS!!!

• Po
    pol Jun 06, 2016

Happened to me once to

• Be
    Best Buy same scam Jun 06, 2016

I purchased over two thousand dollars in electronic equipment from Best Buy. They shipped all but one item that I was forced to buy at APPLE and canceled the order for that item only to have Best Buy ship the item two weeks later and according to the US Postal Service was lost in shipping. I paid off my entire account with the exception of that one item for $280. I informed Best Buy of the lost item and the fact I canceled the order. A year later (today) after countless letters to them Best Buy still is charging me with interest for their screw up. I told them I was not paying and it is time we went to court.

HSBC (Best Buy) says after I closed my account that their decision is final and "have closed my file" but continue to charge me. I wrote all three major credit reporting agencies the BBB and consumer protection.

It will be a cold day in hell before HSBC and best buy get a dime out of me for their screw up.

Thomas Jun 06, 2016

Reunionion.com has several types of memberships. I chose the$5.00 starter membership which i was led to believe was for one month trial. I filled out all the personal information. When I checked my information they had a heart besides my name to signify I was dating. I have been married twenty two years They took ouy $1.00 instead of the$5.00 and tried to take out $59.00 more without my permission. My bank called me about this illegal move on Reunion.com part I want to cancel my membership have them erase my information and lastly be removed from their e-mail lst and span list.

joe Aug 10, 2009

EMAIL ADDRESS BOOK HARVESTING

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    REUNION.COM
    1045 N ZANG BLVD
    Dallas, Texas
    Phone: [protected]

I am an attorney researching the business practices of WWW.REUNION.COM and WWW.MYLIFE.COM . I am interested in their practices as it relates to the unauthorized SCRAPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS BOOKS.

Pending my review, consideration of legal action shall be evaluated. I located your complaint from a google search of all those complaining about reunion.com and my life.com . Any information you may provide would be helpful so as for me to understand the issues, but response should not be considered as developing an attorney-client relationship. I merely need to obtain information.

Here's a few questions:

1) were you enticed to visit reunion.com after an email came to you, appearing like it was from a friend, inviting you to join reunion.com?

2) do you feel the terms of service and privacy policy noted on the site explained what exactly reunion.com was going to do to your email address book?

3) Were your email address contacts emailed an invitation to join reunion.com after receiving an invitation which claimed you sent them the invite?

4) how has your involvement damaged your reputation or any finacial losses?
    So as to support my interest and qualify my identity, I would refer you to a few of my recent cases I filed, so that you can confirm that I do represent individuals in internet privacy matters. Google my recent cases:

lane v facebook,
    valentine v nebuad
    simon v adzilla

Once you locate these cases, review the atorneys noted, and then confirm I have the same email as the attorney noted on the lawsuit:

"Attorney Joseph H Malley
    [email protected]"

Please feel free to contact me in confidence to discuss any issues. As noted at this point I am merely researching and discussing complaints to determine if there is any allegations of merit.
    Thanks
    Attorney Joe Malley

email me back at: [email protected]

• Vi
    Victoria Jun 22, 2009

Reunion.com sent me e-mail claiming that somebody is searching for me. After upgrading my membership, they revealed that no one is looking for me.

• Ca
    Carl Jun 18, 2009

I've been looking for my father after ten years and I came to this site. I entered my father's name in and there was a match. I was excited. Their was a grey area that appeared to be my father's profile along with his e-mail address but I could not view it because it said I had to become a premium member and pay at least 36 dollars for three months. It said the subsription was non refundable, but that was fine since I had found my father atlast. I joined the site and then I was able to send my father an e-mail. I hadn't heard anything for days and was becoming sad that he is rejecting me once again. Then I had my sister come over and we entered her name in the search part and it said she was a member!! She said she had never been to this site and it was false. It claimed they even had an e-mail address for her and a profile. Her profile said the cities she lives in. I begain to realize the one I had paid for to get in contact with my dad might be false too. Then I read in reunion.com that there are people who pay and put in their own information and people they gather information on that is public and they make it look like they have a profile!!! So where did the e-mail go to that I sent my dad. Reunion.com's policy says if he ever stumbles across this site, he will have access to it. How will he ever know to go to this site. I have been sitting here waiting for my dad to contact me from an e-mail address that he doesn't even own or know about!

• Ra
    Ray Mar 09, 2009

I concur. Whoever runs the site (now called MyLife) is a sleaze.

• Ic
    Icepack Feb 21, 2009

This company should be put out of business. I am surprised some class action attorney hasn't zero'ed in on this group as they do not refund their prepaid membership dues. I had the identical experience - an email advising me an old friend was trying to contact me. The only way to access that is to pay the fee. They then prompt you to search for members by letting them link to your email account. Even though you tell them you only want to invite certain people (if any) they email everyone in your account - trying to suck them into the same scam. If you get an email from this group - DELETE it. I wish I did.

Andy Feb 15, 2009

I thought got an email from a friend of mine, but it was a request from Reunion.com
    requesting my friend wants to add me as a friend. I said, Sure and within a few minutes
    I became a member. It was all wrong!! The Reunion.com picked all my email addresses
    and sent a request AS I WANT MY CONTACTS/FRIENDS TO BE MY FRIENDS ON REUNION.COM.
    The Reunion.com mispresent and are very unethical. I called the company this morning and
    had them delet my name/account. Hope it was not too late.
    I also read somewhere there is a member fee??? I hope I don't have to pay even a penny.
    I am trying to send email out to my friends who(all) received the Reunion.com request.

• Rj
    R, Joel Feb 14, 2009

Yet another BS site. I heard that I was on this site with a profile.. yet I never even knew it existed! The picture they aquired was duplicated from Facebook.com so I am thinking they are pulling profiles from there. Where is our corporate lawsuit?

TheGuidance Feb 08, 2009

I won't be surprised if the government is involved in this (I hope not). Or else why with all THOUSANDS of complaints filed against them they are still in business?
    TO CEO: What a ### business to build your wealth on others private lives. To me no matter how richer you get you will always be the poorest. Poor of ethics, self respect and success. I am very positive that within yourself, you have very very low self-esteem.
    You are by all means not less than any terrorist out there if not equal or worse. To me and a lot others, you are eating off a dumpster, CEO.

To all respected others who might read this comment sorry for using the word (###). Take care.

• Ge
    george t turner Jan 21, 2009

reunion. com wont get no more money out of me [email protected]

• Le
    Leigha Dec 07, 2008

I just got scammed today...I reported them to the FBI

• Ev
    EvelynMarsh Dec 04, 2008

• Re
    REUNIONCOM-BLOODMONEY Dec 04, 2008

161 Ashdale Pl Los Angeles CA 90049

6 beds, 7.0 baths, 6, 200 sq ft

Zestimate®: $5, 048, 000

WOW! FIVE MILLION SMACKERS! Highly lucrative business, apparently, ripping off and selling their fellow Americans' private information...

Anybody who considers this OBSCENE is urged to make formal complaints to their State Attorney General about the unsavory business practices and privacy violations being perpetrated by this REUNION.COM outfit.

Thanks Dec 04, 2008

Thanks for above information! (Minor Correction: It seems to be ASHDALE Place...) But the info given is very helpful. Suggest everyone upset with Reunion.com and similar dataminers locate the Head Honchos' info and use it to their advantage. This sort of violation of people's privacy HAS to stop!

• Pr
    Private Person Dec 04, 2008

OPEN LETTER TO REUNION.COM...

This is an open letter to the owner/CEO of REUNION.COM, Jeffrey P. Tinsley, who is very hard to locate (he thinks) even while he is ripping off all the private data of as many Americans as he can, and selling it for Big Bucks on his unsavory reunion.com and highschoolalumni.com sites. Turnabout seems fair play for one who thinks nothing of violating other people's privacy and violating their boundaries, jeopardizing their safety and peace of mind...

Well, Jeffrey, you are a little hard to locate, but we found you, at [protected], x105. We really do not like the fact that you are publishing private people's private information on your reunion.com and highschoolalumni.com sites, without their knowledge or permission. We suggest that you STOP DOING SO immediately. Surely you can convert your sites into OPT IN instead of OPT OUT.

Oh, we also found your home address in google and Peoplefinders and other sites. We learned you gave $4600 to the B.O. for Prez campaign; and that you attended Granada Hills Senior High. We also learned your house on ASHLAND PL in L.A. is a mere 6165 square feet! Nice digs, at OUR expense, as you clearly are making Big Bucks by selling our private info. Some people consider this lowlife BLOOD SUCKING...

Oh, by the way, we noticed several MINORS are listed in your database at reunion.com --don't think the Feds or State officials will be very happy to hear about that.

Well, thanks Jeffrey for listening. Hope you REVAMP your sleazy snoop-site to make it OPT IN instead of making private people jump thru hoops in order to get out of your sleazy snoop system.
    Cheers!

----------------

P.S. Folks who are upset with having their private info displayed on a worldwide venue can contact REUNION.COM and DEMAND that their info be removed from their database. Customer Service number is [protected] x 186 or x 146. GOOD LUCK!

• Ka
    Kate Dec 03, 2008

I totally agree. I got the same email and I paid for a 3 months subscription. 3 of the people were real people I knew. When I got the bill they had charged me for a year subscription. When I called to get the refund I could here people in the background saying the same thing the "operator" Kristie was telling me. They offer a year for $60 and 3 month for $36 and I would get a refund.
    I am calling my credit card company to dispute the charges as well.