Menu
Resort Condominiums International [RCI]
reviews & complaints

Resort Condominiums International [RCI]
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

59 complaints
19 resolved 40 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Resort Condominiums International [RCI]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
8:06 am EDT

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - room allotments to rci members at rci partner resorts

I had a time share allotted thru RCI at the Hill Country Resorts Kodaikanal Tamil Nadu from June 23 - June 30.
Informed the resort i will be checking in on June 25 and kindly block my rooms.
On arrival on June 25 the registration took 1 hour and then was allotted a room with "NO VIEW" facing the hotel entrance and Gate.
The issue was notified to the manager Mr. Mohan Iyer who quoted the following:
"We provide our time share members only R4 & R5 rooms no Valley facing rooms as they are for our other normal guests."
This is inspite of early notification of my check in.
The resort follows a discrimainatory approach and when i called up the RCI customer service the statement was there were no other rooms available.
Apparently the policy of the resort to treat RCI members as second class guests is not being addressed.
Advice all RCI members to stay away from Hill Country and such resorts if you intend to get value for money you pay.

9:00 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - can't trade

We purchased a timeshare at the Orange Lake resort in Kissimmee Florida about 10 years ago. It's a wonderful timeshare, gorgeous grounds and rooms. It's what they call a 'gold crown' resort, their crème de la crème type resort.

My issue is that we've been there 5 times already so we've really had our fill of Orange Lake. In 10 years, we were NEVER able to trade anything outside of the Orlando area.

When we purchased, they showed us a whole catalogue of resorts and assured us there was nothing we couldn't trade ours for. ..well, unless you want to go to a SKI RESORT or a CARIBBEAN BEACH IN AUGUST - there is NOTHING!

They told us the maintenance fees rarely went up, well, they went up nearly 500% in the 10 years we've had it! RCI is a rip off and I would advise anyone considering going with them to run away in the opposite direction!

Jul 20, 2015 11:22 pm EDT

Grow up and do not blame something on them that is your fault.

Jul 20, 2015 11:22 pm EDT

You can trade you just left it to the last minute.

9:31 am EST

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - false resort availablity

RCI lists hundreds of resorts as available for exchange however when you go to the resort on line and click on the week
you find a statment that due to recent activites the resort is no longer available. This notation stays on the site for weeks and weeks so as to provide a false sense of the real number of resorts avaiable. You only find out after going thru each resort. very time consuming.
I have sent emails to RCI and no response.
Check this out on the web.. go to their site, click on carolinas, then south carolina and then Hilton head and then the month
of MAY. You will find 5 resorts listed and 11 weeks as available but when you go thru the process on each one you will find that
NONE are available. Is this fraud?

4 comments
C
Sep 15, 2014 3:32 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I too was scammed into buying a timeshare at coral sands. They told us that within 3 months are other timeshare would be sold and if not they still would get a check for $8000 and that would be it. NOT We also were told that we had 21, 333 points in RCI but when I called RCI they have no record of it all they have is the week from are other timeshare. We were told that every year we had about 2 1/2 weeks to use at coral sands but then reading the contract it is every 3 years. WHAT A RIPEOFF!I I am not through with these fraudulent people yet. I refuse to pay anymore money into something that is so FALSE>

Nov 16, 2010 7:53 pm EST

Reola, can you share the name of the attorney you used?

Nov 16, 2010 2:36 am EST

I've held a RCI timeshare for 10 years. In those 10 years I've never be satisfied with the product $700 per year in maintenance fees, $179 in booking fees, $50 per year in membership fees and pay taxes on my 1 bedroom condo that I have the priviledge of being able to use for 1 week a year. The maintenance fees have gone from $350 per year to $700 per year. Recently I tried to book a trip on a Thursday and was kicked out of their computer system because they were doing maintenance. I tried again on Monday only to find that the rules and rates had changed. The week I wanted to book was now only available if I combined 2 weeks and paid a $99 fee to combine them so I could get the 1 week I tried to book earlier. I spoke to 3 customer service managers only to find out that they had the ability to book this condo like I had originally wanted but they chose not to do it. Talk about crappy customer service. I'm in the process of trying to sell or give away this white elephant before it costs me another $700 for the 2011 year. Do yourself a favor and never use RCI. Tell your friends never to use them and if you have a condo with them try to unload it as soon as possible.

Sep 17, 2010 10:41 pm EDT

I totally agree..they dooped us too at Coral Resorts, Hilton Head.
We typed them a letter, informed them of the many misrepresentations, and told them we wanted a refund of all monies paid and to void out our timeshare contract. Ultimately, we contacted a local lawyer, he typed up a letter demanding a refund of our money and void contract due to miesrepresentation. This past week he contacted us w/ good news. RCI's lawyer is sending out our refund check next wk and voiding our contract. This being after 15 mths in contract w/ them. The lawyer fee was not that bad at all compared to what we would've lost to RCI. So there is hope. Good luck to you

A
6:06 pm EST

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - property preview

When we were looking for a cab at the Cozumel airport we were ushered to the "travel advisory" desk just before exiting the airport. The fellow at the desk presented a very hard to turn down on a car 4 $50 dollar car . I thought well, we really won't need one but to have a car in exchange for viewing a 90 minute property that we may wan to stay at on out next vacation was not a bad deal.

Several days later, when we went to 11am breakfast, we spent an hour on the ferry and 45 minutes in a van to get to Tres Rios. While waiting in the lobby for breakfast(by now its noon and my 10 year old is ravenous). I was told that we needed to wait for the presetation. They aske dif I had plans for later in the day and I told them we had already purchased tickets for Xcaret. They said there was no way I would get there before 6pm. ANd I exclaimed that I was expecting a 90 minute presenation!

They then very sternly informed me that I was told on several occassions that it was at least a 2 hour presentation. I don't see how they sell anything or get anyone to come back with that type of sales technique!

We may have bought one but after that kind of sneaky hook we had to leave. At that point we were stuck with a car rental bill ( for a car that we did not need in Cozumel) at full rate. What a cluster pain!

We'll just avoid Cancun and Cozumel from now on!

The

5:03 pm EDT

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - rci is a ripoff!

RCI charges $199.00 exchange fee if you want to book a resort with them. Most, if not all, of the resorts you get to select are "all-inclusive" which require a fee per person per day. The average fee is $65/pp per day. When you have two people, that amounts to $130/day. If you book directly with your choiced resort, the daily all-inclusive rate including the room is lower than that! In fact, if you include the $199 exchange fee, you are paying more to book through RCI than through the resort directly! How is that a deal? And you have to pay RCI to be a member when you do not get any benefit at all! Make sure you check the resort rates first before you do an exchange with useless RCI!

Nov 13, 2009 4:13 pm EST

Wow. Either you are a new member or clearly just never took the time to review RCI and its resorts/process. I am flabergasted that you can say "Most, if not all, of the resorts you get to select are "all-inclusive" which require a fee per person per day." There are less than a handful of resorts in the United States associated with RCI that even offer all-inclusive options. Most of the all-inclusive resorts are in Mexico or the Dominican Republic.
And as far as not having any benefits at all-- Would you rather return to your home resort (the resort you purchased your timeshare from) at the same time every year? If so, then don't look into timeshare EXCHANGE, which is the main service RCI offers. There is a lot that goes into making these exchanges happen, including paying the employees, contractors, etc who are able to make all of this happen for YOU.
Also, RCI is very clear about the all-inclusive fees at each resort (because they vary by resort) BEFORE a member exchanges into them.
This is just the tip of the ice berg. I would suggest you attend a seminar at your home resort or even visit the RCI website for more information, added benefits, etc. Timeshares aren't for everyone. Do your research before purchasing (or bashing) anything.

Sep 23, 2009 6:18 pm EDT

www.vogroup.com

N
2:16 pm EDT

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - failure to provide promised service

I made resort reservations on 1/16/09 for 1/16/10 using banked points through RCI. When I recently called the resort to reconfirm my dates, I was told that RCI had scheduled me for 1/16/09 and there was no way the resort could adjust for RCIs mistake. I called RCI and got nowhere. Additionally, RCI cancelled my membership. I am contacting an attorney to try to get my banked points plus my transfer fee totalling over $500 back.
The only other time I banked my timeshare points with RCI, I got put in a rundown resort when I exchanged my points. I own at a very classy, expensive resort. RCI is a rip-off!

M

anyone who feels rci scammed them should contact the arizona's attorney generals office
they have a website where you can post your complaint. if they get enough complaints they will take action against this company

1:10 pm EDT

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - booking fees

RCI...greedy! Canceled a much looked forward trip to Cancun, because of the most recent media reports about Swine Flu, on the advise of our government, I might add. RCI will not reimburse the booking fees or apply them towards another vacation. Even the airlines are not charging rebooking fees in connection with this. It's ridiculous enough that I pay a membership fee to RCI, a booking fee for any vacation I wish to use MY week for (that's assuming they even have somewhere I want to go-which is rare), all in addition to the few thousand I pay in taxes for the timeshare. HOW DID I EVER THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

Jan 23, 2010 8:06 pm EST

I feel your pain... I don't know why I ever got sucked into the time share B.S. If any one has a way of selling them legitimately please tell me...

E
Sep 09, 2009 1:58 pm EDT

RCI SCUKS and that is all...
Here is my story, I was called for a renovation which I accepted and also booked the same time a week in the emirates. However two days later I went to the doctor and was forced to had cirgury wich no longer let me travel so I called RCI to cancel the week or even move it to another date or place and what a F...king surprise as a special medical issue they were as a favor going to credit me 50% of what I had paid what I said it was a scam totally they never told me of such policie in first place and it was a medical issue I even called soon enogth to dont even have it as confirmed but they spend time returning the call. Worst ever when I decided to which other place and date they were increasing the price I got on screen for that same resort so I was going to be charged even more than the 50% they said it was 75% so I decided to better loose that money and never ever again book anything with them.
So pls all people out ther be advice of the scam they are and some federal agency or someone should take in charge and demand them for non ethical practices and close them once for all.

3:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was recently asked by RCI Points to pay what I was told was a discounted rate for Points for one year. This amounted to about £400 for about 56, 000 points. This amount is similar to what I used to pay as a Maintenance charge for ownership that had entitled me to the same number of points. Later I came to find the only booking I could make with RCI wa...

11:43 pm EDT

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - rci robbing customers

I have used rci very much over the past years. When I first saw the cheating I thought it might have been a mistake. But the mistakes are continuous. The sole purpose of rci is to rob as much money from customers as possible and then everyone doesnt respond. Rci has a class action which claims rci is renting out properties that they shouldnt. Over the last 8 months I have been addressing illegal people being at my resort. Read below. Below is the recent letter that I sent rci. Check everything that you do with rci. Anything bad about rci, let everybody know by writing in sites like this. Good luck
03/25/08 dear rci feedback, I am leaving town saturday and I dont think I will have internet. I would like a response from mr. Balotti and mr. Ruff by friday evening. Mr. Ruff has had the case for weeks so he should be able to answer all questions in two days. He threatens me in a letter and he doesnt leave his email address so he doesnt have to answer questions. Please tell him to email me when he has answered the simple questions that I asked. Thank you. Joe walsh being my friends paid for airfare and fishing charters they want a response also. Thank you.

From:
To: rci. [protected]@rci.com
Subject: re: your rci account
Date: wed, 25 mar 2009 18:54:07 +0000
03/25/09 dear rci feedback, over 8 months I have been cheated, lied to, not responded to and threatened by richard ruff. Richard ruff and other rci employees have caused severe stress and aggravation to me and friends by intentionally taking a very long time to respond and still not answering critical questions. For 2 weeks I have been telling various rci employees that mr. Balotti, ceo, must know what is going on. I need a confirmation that you are getting this to mr. Balotti immediately. I and friends are intensely angered by this situation. Please respond and confirm shortly. Thank you. Joe walsh ps please email below to mr. Ruff asap. Please ask him to respond to me on email. Ask him to answer the questions that he still has not responded to asap. Thanks again

From:
To: rci. [protected]@rci.com
Subject: re: your rci account this is an updated letter with more questions rci has not responded
Date: wed, 25 mar 2009 17:11:57 +0000 to. Mr. Balotti, ceo, must get letter. I need confirmation of this. Thanks
03/25/09 this letter is in response to your letter of march 25. As I addressed to you previously, I believe that these issues are so critical and rci still hasnt addressed issues that it is critical that mr. Balotti read this letter and respond. First of all my anger is because rci repeatedly does not respond to questions and crimes. After 8 months your letter does not respond to the issues I raised. Kindly read the following carefully and respond to every issue not just the issues that you want to respond to. Let us take last case for example. Below is melinda kelsey's response of feb 26. As you can see she stressed the urgency of the matter. Erin rader took the case several days later. Airfares and fishing charters have been paid for in hawaii. From feb 26 until today melinda kelsey and erin rader did not say one word about the situation. Why did you take so long to respond about critical issue? 3 different times I called rci weeks and they said they would email erin and her supervisor for response. No response. Why no response? Also you did not address the lie of melinda kelsey to cancel weeks in hawaii. Below is letter to erin on 3/23.in it you will see the lie of melinda. Why did she lie? The charges of 164 and 547 are for hawaii. A rci girl said I had to pay this amount for hawaii, so I paid it and charges have not been cancelled. The charges were removed from the weeks I had because even until your letter you have not addressed the crimes. Please explain clearly to me why rci did not respond to american express about the charges. It is your direct fault that charges were removed. I showed rci that there were people illegally in my unit. I also showed rci repeatedly that the resort refused to respond. All I asked rci was to tell me what they showed for weeks. When I wrote letter I wasnt aware of class action against you for renting properties that you shouldnt have. Rci realized that crimes were committed so they did not say one word about the crimes nor what their records showed.in all the time you took, you did not address the issue. Rci has direct responsibility of whom is in my unit. As for turkey I was told by three different rci people that breakfast was included. When I got there, I was told breakfast was not included.in the evidence I sent repeated emails to rci with no response. Why no response? From turkey I called rci to resolve and I was told I should get breakfast. I still did not get breakfast and still no response from repeated emails. On the official rci confirmation there was no points listed nor breakfast shown.in actuality I should not have been charged any points. Is this correct? I also addressed the obvious and intentional overcharge of 115, 000 points for one small room outside the city in off season. David albright or you have not addressed the intentional crime. Why not? All david said was that he was going to give me back points and end of case. Orbitz also did not respond to crime. I sent david and rci my bills for breakfast and telephone charges and not one word was said by rci. Why not? Also the resort promised pool and bus to the city. Neither one existed. Pool was down. I addressed this with rci and again no response. Why not? The last time I dealt with rci partners I was intentionally charged 150 dollars more than what was agreed to by rci. I explained this to rental company and they agreed I was overcharged and they gave me credit. The evidence is plain to see. My vacation was completely ruined because rci left me hanging. Any dispute to what I said? I also addressed to you the week that completely disappeared when it was transferred from wyndham to rci. These are weeks that rci does not allow us to see on the internet. Why is this? Why is it that most of the weeks that I have I cant see on the internet? After the week disappeared a supervisor said these things happen. I told rci 4 years ago that we should see everything we own and nothing has changed in 4 years. Also, the internet to rci is ridiculous. A rci employee said the same. Internal errors, cant do what you requested, call rci for help. These are exactly the errors that I saw four years ago. I have been on many internet sites and not one has had the problems that rci has almost on a daily basis. When I see the same problems that I saw 4 years ago, my educated guess is that you are doing this to steal weeks as you did once to me. Kindly explain this. Over 8 months, 30 hours of writing, and much stress for myself and friends, you still have not responded to the issues. You have not done any research on my questions so why did it take you so long to respond? Kindly respond and answer questions. Thank you. It has been previously stated to you that rci did not rent out your unit and your alleged credit issues are not with rci but with your home resort. If you wish to continue to use your rci benefits you will need to allow the charges to go through for your future exchanges along with the $547.00 to pay for the past vacations which you have disputed with your credit card company. Until this issue is resolved we will be unable to attempt to reinstate your confirmations. Since these confirmations have been cancelled, there is no guarantee the inventory will still be available. You can understand how urgency in this matter is important since inventory changes every day. We do want you to successfully transact with rci and encourage you to address this issue as quickly as possible. 03/23/09 dear erin, it is now monday evening and no response from rci or you. This has been from feb. 26 and if you read below melinda kelsey said this was a matter of urgency, yet nobody in rci has responded. Below is my credit card with charges of 164 and 547 paid to rci. These were for my weeks in hawaii. The reason I paid this is that rci girl told me I had to pay this figure for weeks in hawaii. Check the audio tape. The charge on 2/4 was the charge melinda lied about and said that I withdrew the charge of this day. Neither charge is withdrawn. The evidence of rci obstructing justice and intentionally not responding to cause many people pain because we have paid for airfare and fishing charters is below and other emails. Also, rci did not respond to american express about the charges and it is rci's fault that rci wasnt paid. My friends and I talked it over with legal help and what we are going to do is fly to hawaii, stay at resort for one month and bill rci. Rci made a mistake once before and cancelled my confirmation even though I had airfare paid for. Rci is not going to ruin another vacation. Again, melinda said it was an urgent situation almost one month ago and nobody from rci has responded. Your lack of response is also preventing me from taking other weeks. I want a letter from mr. Balotti about this situation. Thank you.

D
May 02, 2012 11:45 pm EDT

Here is my recent experience: RCI,

This is a follow up email on the compliant sent on Mon 4/30/2012 5:36 PM regarding the below issue. As of today I have not been contacted to resolve my issue. If anyone on this email has a point of contact directly please respond with the information. Thanks
The service I received beginning on or about 2 April 2012 with the RCI representatives and Customer Service Supervisor (Mrs. Venia) was a total disappointment and distress. See details of my experience below:

**Beginning on 2 April 2012 I tried to book Universal Studio tickets online by using my 60, 000 points and I was experiencing technical difficulties the error read "the dates I was selecting was during the time my membership would expire." I contacted the RCI helpdesk and was told that the issue was taken care of and I could go online and book my tickets within 72 hours and I would receive them in the mail (5 business days) on time for my family vacation scheduled on 21 April 12. I then went back on the site after the 72 hours and still had the same error on or about 7 April 2012. I then called the RCI helpdesk again and spoke with an RCI Representative who stated that my RCI membership fees was not paid for the year and that my transaction could not be updated due to this situation and also I would have to contact Crown Club membership services to correct the issue. I then contacted My SummerBay salesman (Mr. Durling) via phone (voice mail was left) and he informed me that the package I purchased in October 2011 included my membership fees for RCI exchange membership and that I should be able to book my tickets. I also called the Crown Club Membership services and spoke with a representative and they indicated that my package included those fees as well and I should be good to go as far as fees. The Universal Studio tickets could not be booked due to the turn-around of delivery of the tickets they would not get to me in time for our trip, this was due to the time frame it took for me to get assistance on resolving my membership package benefits through Crown Club and RCI.

*So instead of using my 60, 000 points toward the tickets (paid out of pocket expensive of $ 275.00 for tickets), I booked a rental car (SUV) with a RCI representative who had a foreign accent, she confirmed my rental information on a recording regarding my husband being a driver but my name needed to be put on the reservations as the primary driver due to all credit cards being in my name. Upon arrival to pick up the rental car on 21 April 2012 the reservations had my husband as the primary person for pick up and we had to pay out of pocket expensive of ($200.00) due to the reservation information inputted incorrectly. I contacted the RCI Customer Service Supervisor (Mrs. Venia) to assist with the issue while I was at the rental car company. She (Mrs. Venia) played the recording back of the reservations that were made by me and the RCI Representative and confirmed that the RCI representative misunderstood my request and put the information in incorrectly regarding my husband not being the primary driver for pick up but me. The Supervisor (Mrs. Venia) indicated that it was nothing she could do that day but cancel my reservations and give me back my 60, 000 points and $95.00 dollars and reschedule the rental for the next day. I indicated to her that was unacceptable because I'm Active Duty Navy and on leave which my leave days could not be changed and I had family from Texas visiting and that we were scheduled to travel on 21 April 2012 and was depending on that SUV for all of us to ride to Orlando, FL together in one vehicle. I also indicated to her that cancelling the rental car reservation would also affect our Resort reservations (confirmation #[protected]) for check in on 21 April 2012 as well (reservations made with RCI as well).

** Me and my husband worked it out with the car rental company and paid out of pocket expenses that caused us a great finance difficulty for our planned family vacation due to the various mistakes of the RCI employees. I spent a lot of money in October 2011 purchasing my vacation property and benefits and I expected a Hassle free process when it was time to use the benefits I'm entitled to. Unfortunately, as you can see I experienced less than hassle free service.

**I then tried to contact Mrs. Venia via phone through the RCI helpdesk after our vacation to resolve this issue and to receive compensation and was unable to reach her after several attempts on 25 April 12. The RCI representative indicated she sent her an email regarding my compliant on 25 April 12 and as of today I still have not heard from the individual.

**The way the RCI program was explained to me by the SummerBay Resort Salesman back in October 2011 was totally opposite of what I encountered. I would greatly appreciate a response to this matter as soon as possible. DAWN F ACHANE, ACTIVE DUTY NAVY.

E
Aug 19, 2009 12:19 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My boss is trying to get OUT of his timeshare and it seems per an Atty he cannot? What kind of class action suit do you have with RCI?

8:48 pm EST

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - matt grondin

RCI confirmed a booking for a vacation in England. I proceeded to purchase a flight. Now RCI tells me the "hotel" changed my check-in date and it's half way into my vacation - leaving me 1/2 a vacation where i would be w/o a place to stay. I have non-refundable airline tickets !

I dont see how once you have a confirmed reservation they can just "change" it on someone !

9:14 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yes rci is a scam!!! Lies, misleading information, all the above! Here is what I think is happening. This is based on my experience. I visited playa grande resort in cabo. Yes, its absolutely beautiflu and I love it. However, I never planned on going to my same resort/timeshare every year so I planned to trade based on their pitch that since my resort wa...

4:16 pm EST

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - trading

When I tried to exchange my gold crown resort, and could not get anything I was told it was my fault for not putting the request in early.
Well... I put the request in almost a year ago and have still not received a trade. Although, I have been called by rci to rent what I have a request in for. I asked them if they were an exchange company or rental agency.
I was furious. Is this legal!

Apr 16, 2011 5:00 pm EDT

RCI Sucks. No 2 ways about it! My parents were sucked into the RCI vortex of pain w/ promises that all turned out to be bogus. I invested about 10 solid hours, multiple calls/attempted calls to the RCI customer service, & countless migraines trying to set up a vacation for 9 family members. I was absolutely blown away by the RCI system. It's confusing, blatantly deceptive, & an absolutely terrible investment. The only folks happy with RCI are the companies employees! Anyone interested in RCI - endure the sales pitch, if you must have the free whatever they offer, but run as fast as you can when it comes time to buy!

Feb 22, 2010 4:31 pm EST

no this is not legal and there a clash action against RCI, check it out on the web, it is easy to find out about this law suit

A
7:38 pm EDT

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - rip off

I have been a member of RCI for 6 years. I have used their properties only twice. Once in Manhattan, NY and once in Florida. The property in NY was very nice but the people were horrible. The property in FL was gross - bugs climbing up the wall, dirty bathroom, stained carpet and incompetent people. I spent 1 out of 6 nights and left. I have never been able to get the property I request in all this time. I am totally fed up.

The clincher is I made a reservation on RCIs recommendation and after checking online the property reviews, I immediately called back and cancelled the reservation. RCI wanted to charge me $25 to cancel an reservation which was made for only 10 minutes. It took me 5 phone calls and 1 1/2 hours to get a waiver to get back my $25. I was so fed up I cancelled my membership. Good riddance.! They are a big RIP OFF.

Jan 26, 2009 1:19 pm EST

RCI used to be the only hopeful thing in the timeshare business for us. We belong to Royal Holiday Club which has been the subject of 20/20 and is an absolute nightmare. RCI has denegerated from travel agents over the last years and become a sleezy part of a sleezy industry. The phone agents barely speak English and cannot follow a conversation/ answer questions; they only have access to the same onscreen info. that we do. Yes, they are selling the weeks that we summit for exchange and offering us rubbish. They have been caught, there is a lawsuit pending in June. RCI is in bed with the crooked companies like Royal Holiday Club. RHC has made it virtually impossible for us to bank with anyone else ( if we want to, we must prepay all-inclusive fees even though we are actually grandfathered and do not have to pay ourselves at the resort ). The big timeshare companies like RHC bank a lot of weeks at the beginning of the year and members are allocated weeks that have alreay gone by. This makes a nonsense of the trading power concept. In return, RCI is guaranteeing they will rent the units by unlawfully selling them. People buying a week for $199 can pay the all-inclusive and still get a week at a nice resort at reasonable rate. The rest of us have paid maintenance, special assessments, membership, exchange fees etc. If you can't go last-minute, your unit goes into Last Call for sale. People looking for last-minute exchange are told it is too late to exchange, but purchase is possible. It's over for RCI, the rot has set in. Timeshare now has no value, so people will withdraw. RCI has only itself to blame, they have become part of the greed culture and will only sink to lower and lower levels.

N
4:48 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On July 12, 2008 would be my sixth time to have share with RCI and arranged an accommodation in Risata Bali Resort &Spa, Bali, Indonesia. Kindly be informed that I have been insistent by the RCI's office assistant instructioned during my request to get the resort in Risata Bali our first arrangements we are 5 persons (including my three children) so actualy...

12:00 am EST

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - unsatisfactory accommodation!

We went to stay at a RCI time share at Paramount Walton Hall and Hotel Warwickshire. The accommodation was dirty and in desperate needs of refurbishment also no heating on. When we approached the Manager Mr Peter Watkins he agreed the accommodation was below par and in need of refurbishment and that RCI were fully aware of the state of the rooms but could offer no recompense or alternative accommodation. When the time share was taken out we understood that the accommodation would always be of a certain guaranteed standard. This certainly fell well below. I am not even sure it was legal as the electrics left a lot to be desired with wires from the hair dryer exposed in the bathroom.

P
Jul 23, 2008 4:46 am EDT

First of all I' m sorry!

3 days ago we participated a conferance which is arranging by
Ilgaz Resort Hotels in Ankara Tukey. They mentioned to me and my husband about the holiday system and they added that you can cancel your membership within 10 days after you sign your treaty.
They also give us the rigts of RCI membership. But when we call them and said that we want to cancel it he said(MEHMET ACAR) İT İS İMPOSSİBLE. So we are sorry.
Because he wrought the day 10 day before and because of this we couldnt do anything. Please help me about this event.
The name is Mehmet ACAR he is responsible about all this.
Their adress is Tunalıhilmi cad. No: 108/9 Kavaklıdere Ankara/TURKEY the other adress is Barbaros Bulvarı Kışlaönü Durağı No:48/12 Balmumcu/Beşiktaş/TURKEY

Name of company: ILGAZ MOUNTAIN RESORT

W
12:00 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

RCI are nothing more than a bank trying to take as much money from you as they can. Ludicrous annual fees to be a member, for which you get a periodic magazine with resorts that when you try and obtain a transfer week, the answer is same too frequent "nothing available" If you do find a place you then have to pay a ridiculous $199.00 for booking a non home...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In May 2007 I received a friendly reminder from RCI that my membership was due for renew and was offered a 5-yr for $69/yr or somewhere around $350. I was told that if I renew that I would get a "cruise" voucher good for up to $1200. I requested clarification about the "up to" comment I previously heard and was told that at the conclusion of our...

12:00 am EDT

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - traded into a glorified motel from a gold crown

RCI charged me twice for an exchange fee. They took my first exchange fee and sent me to a glorified motel in Daytona Beach called the Perennial Vacation Club (http://webmastery.org/perennialvacationclub/) and when I complained, they gave me a compensatory week, but when I went to use that week they wanted to charge me the exchange fee all over again!

Jul 20, 2015 11:24 pm EDT

Why not get a job instead of complaining to get free stuff. If you cannot afford vacation stay at home.

D
12:00 am EDT

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] - rci charged me twice for the same membership!

RCI called early one morning, 1/07, to tell me my membership had expired 9/06 due to my previous payment, made over a year before, [paying it through 2009] being rejected by my credit card company. I asked how could this be as RCI had my card number on file and I always keep the card balance at zero. They told me RCI probably transposed a digit and that's why it was rejected. I had recently sold my timeshare and RCI membership to a friend, who was out of the country on business for 5 weeks, so was worried he would return to find he had no RCI membership as I had promised. I paid $229, for a 3 year membership, paying the membership through 2009. Several days later I received a letter from RCI saying my membership expired 9/06 and I could get a 3 year renewal for $178. The buyer of my timeshare and RCI membership returned from the South Pacific and informed me that the RCI membership I transferred to him was processed 12/06. I called RCI and was only sent a partial refund. They agreed it was their error in charging me but said "you agreed to buy it... under the terms and conditions... there is nothing we will do for you." It took over a month to receive the remainder of the refund, this after many phone calls and emails. I can no longer recommend RCI due to their poor customer service.

Sep 19, 2018 11:01 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am appalled with rci's stance on the impending hurricane. I've been a loyal customer for over 15 years and i find it criminal that RCI refused to refund my money for a reservation on the coast of Virginia. The federal and local government has declared a state of emergency, the interstates to get there have been reversed to one-way traffic only

G
Sep 06, 2007 2:42 pm EDT

Actually trying to use RCI to exchange a property is even more of a nightmare. You are wise for dropping your membership.

Resort Condominiums International [RCI] contacts

Phone numbers

1890 234 303 1803 657 311 More phone numbers

Website

www.rci.com

Most discussed Resort Condominiums International [RCI] complaints

scam
(opinions to this review)