Rain Softadditional charges

M

On December 31, 2008 Rain Soft water treatment systems came to my residence to perform maintenance service on my water purification system. I was told that since I had been a long time customer the charge for the maintenance would be $96.00. Upon completion of the service and the instillation of three ( 3) salt blocks I gave the individual a check in the amount of $135.95 ( 3 blocks @ $13.31 each)and was assured by the same individual that the account was paid in full and noted it on the bottom of the check. Today, March 09, 2009, I received a bill stating that my account was past due in the amount of $91.94. Upon calling Rain Soft and speaking to Liz I was told that the account was past due because I had bought salt. All attempts to explain that three blocks of salt could not cost in excess of $43.00 each was useless. Needless to say, I will no longer be using Rain Soft .

• Se
    SEMPERFIDELIS May 03, 2009

People, would you please realize that Rainsoft uses a network of individual distributors. That being said they should have standard for service related issues. If you have a complaint about a dealer call the factory in elk grove village IL. Perhaps they will try to help. A happy customer is a lifetime advertisment. Also THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT, however, they are still the CUSTOMER.

• Si
    sirus9990 Aug 26, 2009

On regard's to the $135.95 ... you should have paid attention to the sales rep the average cost just to have a tech come to your house is $125.95.. that does include your entire tune-up for the year. the reason your being charged extra money is just for the salt. the more you order it's .33cent's per pound the less you order it's .44cent's per pound don't get fed up talk to people [email protected]