• Ka
    Karensue416 Nov 16, 2015

I'm getting ready to buy a bloodhound from someone on here. Now I'm nervous.

• Ad
    adlewis Jul 25, 2013

I purchased a puppy recently, for $400. For an additional $100, I had her flown to my home. Very unhappy with the seller, because we scheduled one shipping date. Drove to the airport that day, the dog was not on the flight. I tried to contact the seller, they did not respond. I received an email one random morning a few days later, with shipping information for pick-up within a few hours. Very unhappy because I had no idea. When the puppy arrived, her paperwork (shot records, etc...) was supposed to be attached to the crate. They were not. I received another email, saying the seller would mail the records separately. It is three weeks later, and I still have not received them.

In addition to the scheduling hell the seller put me through, the puppy had a veterinarian "clean bill of health" in order to fly. I took her to my personal vet the following day after receiving her, she had ear mites, kennel cough, and bald spots. I am unsure how she was able to get a "clean bill of health to fly", and yet have so many issues. Very upset because I spent a lot of money, and my poor baby is sick.

This site will not let me post feedback to the seller directly, otherwise I would. Very negative experience, I did not receive what I thought I purchased. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY BREED FROM FRED REDDING! They were very poor sellers, and have dogs in poor health! I am really unhappy, and wish there was more I could do.

• Je
    JesLynn Mar 13, 2013

I was just scammed $900 in the past 2 days by a "breeder" on you ur website. Her name was "Carol Brezinski" and we contacted her via puppy find and she "referred" us to Dr Morgan & Nancy DeFatima Lainez. Come to find out Nancy Lainez is a scam artist and has been scamming a bunch of people, taking their money & not sending the dog!!! Come to find out "Carol Brezinski" with an email address of [email protected] was a fake as well and it was "dr Morgan and nancy" scamming me the whole time. And now when I put in her name on PuppyFind, she "has no puppies at this time" please, someone off of PuppyFind contact me.

• Da
    dalmatian puppys Jan 11, 2013

dear matt, on your list of dalmatian puppys for sale, page one lists one male dalmatian, homeless, and it lists a female dalmatian as homeless, than you contact a women named terri, who sends you to a pastor out of country, , a total scam, i was not willing to pay the extra fee to get her info, , but she was on craigs list a few months ago with the same add..she sent me to this email in nigiria, the man claimed to be a pastor and could no longer able to keep this dalmatian, , wow did we get scammed..she is now trying the same scam on your web page, she does this with all breeds of high dollar dogs..usually lists them all for 350.. and homeless...

• Cs
    CSRM Jan 31, 2012

Due to the nature of our website, we do not pre-screen people who advertise on PuppyFind.com. This is made known in our Terms Of Service (TOS), as well as the fact that the service is provided "As Is" meaning that we provide the resources (the website) but not the content. The content is provided by people who sign up to advertise dogs on PuppyFind.com. While this 'open door' policy may appear dangerous to some people, PuppyFind.com does take measures to protect our members as best we can. We also provide Buyer Tips on our site that give potential buyers tips and questions to ask of breeders that advertise on the site. For example, we provide the distinct tip to avoid using Western Union as a means of payment. While we do provide these tips, warnings, and ways for members to turn in scammers, it should also be remembered that the buyer must do their own research before handing over any money to someone they intend to deal with involving a dog advertised on our site. Pre-screening or no pre-screening, it's up the buyer to make sure they are 100% confident in whom they are dealing with when using our service. PuppyFind.com is used by many ethical people, but bad apples may appear from time to time. This is why we work around the clock to keep the site as safe as possible. We also hope that the public is doing their part by asking the right questions and using common sense when dealing with a breeder they find on PuppyFind.com. As I have stated previously, if anyone is found to be violating our TOS, the public can inform us at [email protected] and we will investigate and take the appropriate action necessary.

Matt
    PuppyFind.com Relationship Manager

• Lo
    LoveTheSlopes1966 Jan 30, 2012

I have been searching for breeders nationwide and it really disturbs me that there are little to no ethics with so many of these people. How does your company actually scan prospective advertisers to avoid these things??? I am open to a Havanese, Cavalier or Cavachon. WHERE DOES A BUYER TURN TO FOR REAL ETHICAL PEOPLE???????

• Cs
    CSRM Jan 20, 2012

Greetings,

My name is Matt and I'm the Relationship Manager with PuppyFind.com. I am very sorry to hear that a scam artist has made their way on to our website and come in contact with the complainant, asking for funds to be sent via Western Union.

The wording of this complaint, and the initial comment both make statements that appear to blame our actual site for scamming them, but I would like readers to know that PuppyFind.com is not scamming these individuals. Our company is a legitimate service that has unfortunately been attacked by scam artists, and we must work daily to keep these scammers off of our site. Our fraud department works around the clock dealing with all sorts of accounts that violate our Terms Of Service (TOS), with scam artists being the worst offenders.

Because scam artists can appear to be legitimate members when they join our site, and may appear legitimate for a period of time, it can be difficult to locate them and positively identify them. However, there will be certain behaviors they exhibit that eventually indicate their true nature. Scammers will operate in different ways, one of them is the act of asking for money by Western Union.

The 'Buyer Tips' page (http://www.puppyfind.com/buyer_tips/) posted on our website clearly states that sending money by Western Union should be avoided. As this is one of the tips of our website, it would certainly not be something the service would ask of its members, so it's very clear that the complainant must be referring to the scam artist they met on our site, and not the site itself.

We encourage members to inform us of any suspicious accounts they may come across while using our service. Be it a legitimate dog breeder with poor practices, or a scam artist from overseas, we desire to see TOS violators removed from our website as quickly as possible. Every listing that appears on our site has a button that members can press to report the listing and account it is attached to. This report will be immediately sent to our fraud department, and the account will be investigated and the appropriate actions taken. If an email must be sent to detail what has happened while interacting with a scammer, those can be sent to us at [email protected]

It is my hope that readers will understand that the scams being spoken of in this complaint and subsequent comment are not being perpetrated by PuppyFind.com, but rather scammers who have decided to attack both our site and our members. If any readers have a specific listing or account they need to turn in that comes to mind while reading this, please send that information to us immediately by way of the email address posted in the previous paragraph.

Thank you for your time, and for sending any information to us that will help rid our site of scam artists.

Respectfully,

Matt
    PuppyFind.com Relationship Manager

• Ae
    AESPINO Jan 19, 2012

I WENT ON THIS SITE...AND THEY ALSO TOLD ME TO SEND THRU WESTERN UNION...BECAUSE I DEAL WITH WESTERN UNION, I CAME TO FIND OUT THIS WAS A SCAM