Proxibid.comI will never use Proxibid again and I advise you not to also

S

I used Proxibid for about 2 years, and while a few articles were misrepresented, I purchased over $10, 000 in merchandise without a hitch. Easton Auction Company out of Ohio had an auction for China Panda coins. I bid on and won about $200.00 worth. I checked on Ebay to see what they were going for and noticed the ones from Easton did not have a denomination on them. They were counterfeit.

I notified Proxibid and they said they would open a case. Didn't hear from them for about 10 days and called and was told Easton said the case was settled, that they sent me an email, and closed case. Basically tough luck. They said they took the charges of fake coins VERY seriously.

Well, the company has a new auction with, , , , , fake China Pandas. I will never use Proxibid again and I advise you not to also.

• 2c
    2citall Aug 24, 2012

I also have used Proxibid in the past and won a few items, but after getting them, I would say at least 50% of the auction items are fake. Having worked in China for several years, there is a market to create antique items by using acids and burying them in the ground to create an aged patina look to them. I've started taking a closer look at their lots and it's now apparent what they sell are counterfeit or fake. Not all the auctioneers are bad, some do appear to sell legitimate items, but for others, it can't be said. Nikki Dales and Quick 2 Sale Auctions seem to be the worst. People who are paying even $20 or more on an item, need to be either an expert on the item or best to err on the side of caution, especially when it comes to "antique" items and jewelry. They know what they are selling are fakes, yet fail to stop it, nor do they give any great detail on the items themselves.

• Fo
    forshame Sep 05, 2012

Easton Auction House in Ross Ohio is also selling fake Pandora necklaces & bracelets. They call them "Pandora style" but in the photos that they show, they purposefully highlight the silver or gold bead that is stamped "Pandora". People are bidding big bucks for fake beads...some of them are plastic. Everyone using Proxibid for Easton Auction House needs to STOP bidding on the Pandora labeled items to send Easton a message. They have at least 10 to 15 of these Pandora items every week which makes you wonder if they are making the sets themselves...no consignor would put this much up for auction week after week. I would recommend steering clear of Proxi-bid & Easton all together.

• Sh
    shari6745 Nov 06, 2012

Sure wish I had read your review about Easton Auction sooner. I got scammed also. I put this review on yelp.

I recently bid on and won a silver panda bullion coin, 1 troy oz.. When I received it in the mail I knew the moment I held it that i had been sold a fake. It was so light anyone who deals with coins regularly would also know it was a fake. When I called this auction company to let them know about selling me a counterfeit coin, I was pretty much told to pound sand. Any reputable auctioneer would have immediately apologized, been remorseful and offer to refund me my money. Not these scammers. There excuse was they didn't weigh it, blah, blah, blah. Very lame excuses for being in a business whose job it is to know value of items.
    I've reported them to Proxibid and will also be notifying the federal authorities, as it is a crime to pass counterfeit coins from any where in the world.
    Beware folks, if they will so blatantly try to sell counterfeit coins what other lowball tactics are they committing.
    Along with their 17% buying premium I was charged an $8.00 handling fee to ship 1 coin and of course shipping costs. A 40.00 bid eventually cost me 61.00 plus for a counterfeit coin. They don't get any lower than this folks. Are these guys slimy or what???

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices