The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Proton Edar Juru Autocity — rude treatment from proton edar branch at juru autocity
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I visited the Proton Edar branch at Juru Autocity on 26 January 2012 to view the new Proton Exora CFE and I'm very disappointed with the attitude of a particular sales advisor.
1. When I first enter the showroom with my family, no one attended to us even after we check out and look around the car for 15 minutes. As I had a flight to catch at the Penang Airport, I approach a sales advisor to ask for a test drive. He took my driving license and IC, photocopied, and filled up some forms which I subsequently signed.
2. During the test drive, I drove the Proton Exora CFE around the compound of the showroom to exit to the main road. As I was approaching the main road, the sales advisor suddenly operated the signal stalk to signal right and tell me that I can't drive to the main road because the car has not registered and I'm only allowed to test drive within the compound of the showroom.
3. While driving around the compound, due to the confined space, I can't really feel the power of the newly improved engine. So I slot the shifter from D to L in order to feel the acceleration. The sales advisor immediately grab the shifter from my hand and put it back to D and said I can’t shift to L because according to him, L is “Lock Gear”. I said L is “Low Gear” and I was driving only at 20km/h why can’t I shift to L? He insisted that it cannot be done and I can’t shift to L while driving.
4. Regarding the first issue, why didn’t the sales advisor tell me that the car cannot be driven on public road? And why did the car cannot be driven on the road? Even if the car has not been registered, I suppose as main Proton Edar Branch, they will have trade plates to be used. As for the second issue, the sales advisor is being very rude to me as he can tell me nicely rather than having his hand all over my controls and to snatch the shifter from my hand. Thirdly, how come a senior sales advisor does not know the function of the L in the shift?
5. Unfortunately I do not know the name of the sales advisor as he was not wearing his name tag. But he is a Chinese male in the late 40s-50 of age. And all this happened in the Proton Edar Branch in Juru, Autocity at around 1.00pm to 2.00pm on 26 January 2012.
6. I’m extremely disappointed and frustrated as the sales advisor wasted my precious time. Worst still, I've bought a Saga BLM and a Persona Elegance from this very Proton Edar branch and this is the kind of treatment they give me. I hope this issue will be look into and stern action will be taken.