Having problems with ProPay?

3400 N. Ashton Blvd, Suite 200
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Credit card processing

Terrible! Cheats! Ransomware !
I am a Mary Kay consultant and I had a returning customer. They have holds in both transactions due to their shifting reasons. One reason was because they thought I was splitting a charge.
Second time they said because they believed it wasn't a Mary Kay transaction. I sent documentation and yet they are still holding my customers funds! How am I supposed to go knock on someone's door and ask them to reverse the transaction and give me cash instead!??!? Ridiculous business practice. Let alone I will lose a customer.
NEVER Do business with propay!-use PayPal! PayPal doesn't charge an annual fee and does not charge for their card reader.

Avoid them

I had an account with them for 5 years and was notified by email that my account was immediately terminated. They've arbitrarily decided my business is high risk, so they said the only way to keep the account open was to give them $1000 to hold for 6 months!

By phone, I was told they made a mistake and should not have opened the account. They said this was the first time anyone has looked at my account. (In 5 years, whose fault is that?). How can my account be considered high risk after 5 years without any issue, complaint or charge back on my account?

Also, they didn’t even give me time to find a new company even though I paid them an annual fee. Avoid using this company at all costs as they will find some arbitrary reason to terminate your account at a moment’s notice, even if you’re a long term customer with no complaints.

If this is how they treat long term customers, you can only imagine the rest!

Unfair charges and balance ON HOLD

Propay collects fees for a transaction like other processing companies, however unlike other processors, if you have a return you can not refund the customer the full amount without adding funds to your Propay account because the fees charged by propay are not canceled. YOU pay the fees regardless of the any refund. I even had two transactions that processed and then propay put a hold on the transactions. Even though the funds from transactions were never released (completed) I had to pay the fees. The fees were not available in my account at the time the transaction were voided so they took money from my checking account to pay the fees.
Lots of heart burn with these guys, but still continued use them as an alternative for those people who refused to use PAYPAL
Well, The last straw finally came July 24, 2009, without prior notice, Propay said they were going to indefinitely hold $5000.00 in my account to pay POSSIBLE charge backs in the future. I am a small business and $5000 in inventory loss is a substantial problem. I would have to barrow $5000, pay interest 12%, and while my $5000 is just on hold.

• Ap
    apzoo Sep 09, 2009

beware! pro pay did this to me, I just added pro pay to 2500 of my ebay listings and 2 days after I finished they sent me an email stating they were going to hold $5000 in reserve. I have called but no one from pro pay will return my call, they finally returned an email stating that they have closed my account. This company has hidden agenda and I would not recommend this service.

• Cb
    cbrattos1 May 04, 2010

if you both would actually read the ProPay legal agreement it goes over all of your issues, looks like stupidity is its own reward

Resolved Fraudulent non-fee reimbursement

I have been using Propay for about a year but today was an eye opener!

I sold an item on eBay for 499.00, the buyer paid with CC via Propay. The buyer asked to return the item and I agreed. After he returned it to me I issued almost a full refund (minus shipping).

Now here is the issue, Propay charged me $16.60 for the $499 transaction. But did not refund any of the fees once the refund was given PLUS added .35 cents fee. I then used the online and here is the conversation...
A customer service representative will be with you shortly. ProPay's Secure Live Chat is available weekdays from 6:30am MT to 7pm MT. We appreciate your patience.
ProPay's Privacy Policy www.propay.com/legal/privacy.aspx
You have been connected to Nancy R.
Nancy R: Hi there! Thank you for contacting ProPay. How can I help you?

Tyrone: Hello, I did a refund but the fees were not refunded
Nancy R: How long ago did you initiate that refund?
Tyrone: 12/22/2006
Tyrone: today
Nancy R: If I can get the e-mail address of your ProPay Account, I'll be better able to help.
Tyrone: [protected]@******.***
Nancy R: The funds were sent back. It may take the card issuing bank several days to process the refund.
Tyrone: no not the funds to the customer
Tyrone: the fees I paid on the $500
Tyrone: the $16.60
Nancy R: I'm sorry, I still don't understand.
Tyrone: Propay charged me $16.60 to process the $500 charge
Nancy R: Yes. That sounds about right.
Tyrone: I refunded most of the trans, but I did not get back the the processing fees
Nancy R: Because the card was still processed, we will not be returning the processing fees.
Tyrone: WHAT!
Tyrone: show me where in the EULA does it say that!
Nancy R: I'm sorry, what is EULA?
Tyrone: End user license agreement'
Nancy R: Have you read through our Payment Services Agreement?
Tyrone: Yes
Nancy R: I don't know if it will include that information specifically but I can tell you that because we are charged those fees by Visa, MasterCard, etc, and are not refunded, we also do not refund them. Let me do some research and I'll try to find the information you're looking for.
Tyrone: Every other service refund these amounts
Tyrone: you never mention anything about not refunding processing fees during a refund
Tyrone: even your help section says you only need the amount of the
Tyrone: transaction + .35 cents
Tyrone: nothing about not being refunded the processing amount
Tyrone: Show me anywhere where it says that
Nancy R: I would be delighted to show that to you. It will take some time to locate. Could I e-mail you with the information as soon as it is found?
Tyrone: your help section says:
Tyrone: f you issue a full refund after the transaction has been processed and settled, or a partial refund at any time, the fee ($0.35) will not be refunded to you, and you will be required to have enough money in your account to process the refund. Transactions are processed each evening.
Tyrone: No,
Tyrone: you don't know it because it does not exist
Tyrone: I demand a refund of the Fees
Nancy R:The fees are non-refundable. Have a nice day.