Privacy Protectionbogus billings

ApparantlyI filled out a form online applying for a "free trial" for this credit service last year. I never received any emails regarding their service, nor did anyone contact me. I assumed that the billings I received on my visa card were a bank service, so I didn't question them. I was subsequently billed $29.95 per month. When I was doing my taxes this year I happened to notice this ambiguous charge again and phoned the bank. It was then that I was informed that it was a private company. When I called them they offered me 3 month refund, no explaination of why they don't send monthly billings. Is this business pratice legal in Canada? BE AWARE!!

• Mi
    Miranda Moore Nov 07, 2011

I received an email from my pre-paid Visa company that this company had tried to authorize a payment for $34.34. I had inputted my card number on information for a 'free' credit check with guarantees the card would never be charged, it was for verification purposes only.

• Be
    Bernard Hirkala Jul 30, 2011

I suddenly was shown a charge on my Visa related to "PrivacyProtection 888-999-2244QC." Most disturbing is how did they get my credit card # in order toi charge my Visa.

• Ms
    Ms Betty Horton Apr 14, 2011

Did not order this protection package--cancelled it but money came out of credit card anyway--

SaYwHaTnOw Mar 24, 2010

THESE PEOPLE SOMEHOW GOT MY VISA NUMBER AND HAVE PUT

NOT ONE
    BUT TWO

CHARGES ON MY ACCOUNT.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS COMPANY

I DO NOT SHOP ONLINE (EXCEPT FOR TICKETS)

AND I DON'T GO TO QUEBEC

EVER!

• On
    on-line and ripped off Sep 10, 2009

Like a lot of you I tried the offer. "Credit report for $1." They charge your credit card within a few days. The charge for mine was $29.95 not $1. You never recieve a confirmation E-mail. All they do is send you to the legitimate credit reporting sites. Once their you have to pay their sign up costs also. Don't believe the ad or the Privacy Protection site offers. They are a rip-off!!!

• Ke
    ken hopf May 12, 2009

unotherized billing to my visa

• Ri
    ripped off Apr 02, 2009

I believe the use of the term "Privacy Protection" is misleading.

• Ri
    ripped off Apr 02, 2009

I submitted a form online for a "free credit report" last year. It claimed to provide personal credit history on a trial basis. Apparantly after this trial period regular monthly billings of $29.95 were taken out of my Visa account, even though I never received any verifcation each month by mail or email. The visa billings read: "Privacy Protection", so I assumed that it was a Bank charge for a service provided by the bank. What a scam!! I took notice of this item on my visa account while doing my taxes this year and phoned the bank to ask what it was. They reported that it was a private company, and that I would have to appeal to them directly. When I called to cancel they offered no explaination as to why I never received any emails or billings by mail. I asked to speak to customer relations and was told that they would refund 3 months immeadiately. I then told them that I was not satisfied with their offer and that I wanted my money back. They said that they could do nothing more. When I stated that I was going to report them to consumer fraud and online reporting agencies like this one the supervisor Regis #16839 said: "Go ahead, many people complain about MacDonald's food too, and they are still in business". Is this practice legal? Is the internet safe? I believe that it is companies like this one who discourage legitimate business online. They must be forced by law to disclose their billings on credit card statements so as not to be confused with bank charges and they must send a report or statement by mail or email each month!! What a RIP!!!

• Le
    leo hunter Nov 06, 2008

yes its 100 percent true they are phishing your card no. dont do it ..now i too must contact card co. site is a fake

• Da
    Davida Nov 06, 2008

They phone number they provide for you to cancel your membership within that seven day period is a recording, and does at not point connect you with a representative, it simply tells you to go online. The link to their site from the membership conformation email is a dead link; the url exists but the page is blank. I had to call my credit card company for help figuring out how to contact them. I learned my lesson.

• Wo
    woody Oct 14, 2008

These crooks have been deducting $29.95 from my credit card every month for something I never even asked for. Their gimic is a 7 day free trial, and if you don't cancel after 7 days, LOOK OUT!! Needless to say, they do not make this fact very clear (small print) It's too bac there has to be vermin like this!!!