Prevea Health Servicesyour billing practices

C Nov 15, 2019

I was required to assign a PCP this year for my insurance. I chose Dr. Cupino in Lena as his is the office we have been going to for around 20 years. He is the only MD in the office and as such is frequently unavailable. His PA Janet is a warm, kind, funny and knowledgeable person and honestly, we prefer seeing her. However, since I can only have a PCP that is accredited through UHC as a T1 provider and I frequently can't get in with Dr. Cupino, we are now being assessed charges applying to our deductible for using a non-tiered provider. When I contacted your billing, I was told it wasn't something they could fix. If I saw Janet, they have to bill under Janet's name. I know that's not always true as I work for an insurance company and I'm asking you to consider submitting the charges under locum tenens for Shawn Hyde and Carra Hyde for September, October and November.

I do not expect you to require Dr. Cupino to work ridiculous hours, but if I'm seeing his PA because he's unavailable, I expect to be able to apply my benefits appropriately. It's not the doctor's fault he's booked and it's not ours that we needed to be seen at the times we were seen.

Here are 2 of the account numbers for reference. [protected] and [protected]. If you need to contact me, my phone number is [protected]. I have a confidential vmail. Thank you.