Menu

reviews & complaints

Preston Automotive Group Complaints Summary

4 Resolved
0 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Preston Automotive Group's perfect complaints resolution rate, you can expect exemplary service. However, it's beneficial to read beyond the numbers. Explore detailed customer reviews to understand the context behind their success. Familiarize yourself with the full range of services offered by Preston Automotive Group and prepare clear communication for any interactions. Keeping a personal record of your dealings will help you navigate their services effectively and ensure your satisfaction with their performance.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Preston Automotive Group has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Preston Automotive Group. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Preston Automotive Group complaints 4

Sort by:

Newest Preston Automotive Group reviews & complaints

J
Preston Automotive Group has left an official reply on this complaint.

Preston Automotive Group Purchased a vehicle that did not have all the features advertised

Purchased a vehicle that did not have all the features advertised. On November 25, I purchased a 2018 Ford Focus Sedan that was advertised to have Key-less entry. After getting the vehicle home, after being at the dealership for nearly seven hours, I realized that I didn't have the keyless entry FOB. I tried calling my salesperson, Earl W who several days later told me that it was a mistake, that the model I bought did not have keyless entry. I only had one key at this point, and the dealership still hasn't tried to get me a free key. I know there were two keys to this car, because at one point on November 25th, the keys were locked in the car during the final detail, and the detail employee told Earl W he might have to use an entry tool in order to get into the car. A second key was found in order to open the car. Preston Ford, and specifically Earl W have made no reasonable attempt tp resolve this issue.

D
Preston Automotive Group has left an official reply on this complaint.

Preston Automotive Group On February 1, I purchased a 2020 Ford Edge at Preston Motors, Lewes, DE

On February 1, I purchased a 2020 Ford Edge at Preston Motors, Lewes, DE. During the financing process, I was offered gap insurance. I had not heard of this type of insurance before but was interested, Cost of the insurance was $15.00 per month for 60 months ($950.00). The finance manager, Marissa M, stated I could cancel the insurance within 30 days for a full refund. This also stated in writing that I had an unconditional right to cancel. On February 9, I did cancel the insurance in writing through Marissa. She confirmed receipt of the form via e-mail stating "I submitted the cancellation form to our accounting department on February 9. The refund will go to the finance company but it doesn't reduce your payment amount because the loan is already complete and in place; however, it will reduce the total amount owed on the loan by the amount of the GAP refund." To date, I have not received a refund or any adjustment to the loan principal.

B

Preston Automotive Group We purchased a new Venue on 10/3

We purchased a new Venue on 10/3. 10/20 we were informed that the car had been a rental, instead of new. On 10/2 we contacted Preston Hyundai about purchasing a new vehicle listed on their website. We made this as easy as could be for the dealership. We knew what car we wanted. We found it on their website, listed as a new vehicle. We didn't need a test drive. We didn't want to spend any unnecessary time indoors during a pandemic, so we showed up, ready to write a check and leave. Our nly request was to make sure the tags could be mailed so we wouldn't have to go to DMV. We ended up waiting outside for more than 3 hours for the paperwork to be done...in hindsight, probably while they made sure the rental part was hidden from us. We were told that the mileage (3,000) on the vehicle was from test drives. We believed them. Foolish of us. Three weeks later, we get a reminder from their title department to take the rental car we purchased from them to the inspection lanes for a VIN verification before they can send us the tags. What rental car? We didn't purchase a rental car and we have the purchase agreement that is clearly marked that the vehicle is new. I emailed to find out why they lied and charged us for a new vehicle if it was used. Why was it listed as new on their website? The salesman wrote to tell us that he had no idea it was a rental and to apologize and to say that he is sure they will fix it. The general manager tells me that all this was disclosed and they did nothing wrong. So, I guess he knew and just didn't want to say anything that day. We sent them a copy of the purchase order, clearly showing that the vehicle was represented as NEW. No apologies, explanations or solutions to this problem have been forthcoming. All the manager there has done is to falsely tell us that it was all disclosed. We never would have bought a car that was a rental. Due to the pandemic, a main concern was not having to go to DMV. That would have been a deal breaker. We were very clear from the beginning about it and we were lied to and scammed.

Hide full review

Is Preston Automotive Group legit?

Our verdict: Preston Automotive Group has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Preston Automotive Group's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Preston Automotive Group can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Preston Automotive Group earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Preston Automotive Group achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Preston Automotive Group. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Preston Automotive Group resolved 100% of 4 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

The age of Preston Automotive Group's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Prestonmotor.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Preston Automotive Group website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Prestonmotor.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Prestonmotor.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

Prestonmotor.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Preston Automotive Group.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• No reviews for prestonmotor.com on popular sites. Be cautious and do additional research. Look for information about the Preston Automotive Group and be careful with personal information or transactions.
  • Prestonmotor.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The prestonmotor.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • If you purchased a website from Preston Automotive Group that is currently for sale, and you did not receive what you paid for, you may be a victim of a scam. To try and get your money back, you can try contacting the seller, filing a dispute with the payment platform, or reporting the seller to the relevant authorities.
I

Preston Automotive Group I purchased a new 2019 F250 on June 26

I purchased a new 2019 F250 on June 26. I have three issues. The first is with my tags/taxes/title fees. After many phone calls and emails to get in touch with Melissa T to get a status of my tags, I still had not received them as of August 11 when I received an email from Melissa that they would be processed in a couple of days and to send her a copy of the insurance ID card that had already provided to them in June. On August 19 I received another email from Melissa that Knox County contacted them for an additional fee for the tags. I waited another couple of weeks and started making calls again. Finally getting in touch with a Knox County Clerk that stated the tags were supposed to be shipped back to Maryland, not stay here for me to pick up, which would have taken more time. Fortunately, the Knox County Clerk stopped that and picked the tags up the following day. I was shocked when I got there to hear that there was over $200 left to pay to get the tags. The problem was that the second check that came from Preston Ford was less than $2, not the required $200+. After five back to back calls to Preston Ford and only getting voice mails for Melissa and her boss Deb T, I frustratingly paid the fee to get my tags because my temporary tags had already expired two weeks prior to that day.My second issue is false advertising. My motivation to drive to Hurlock MD, combined with a trip already planned, was that the price of the truck was $2500 less than equivalent trucks in Knoxville TN, where I live. The false advertisement is that the lower price required financing through Ford Credit to get it. I had no idea until I read through the bill sheet and saw it there. Only then did the purchasing agent explain that was required. I had already paid for a rental, an extra night on travel, and wasted a day of vacation to go buy this truck in MD. I grudgingly financed with Ford, and accepted an interest rate 3% higher than I can finance through my own bank to be able to get the $2500 ford rebate. Again, the $2500 difference was the motivating factor for me to purchase it, instead of buying one in Knoxville; where I live. Each day I could not refinance, because the title work had not been done, cost me $6. I expected and was told it would be one month. I finally got my tags the first week of September; almost 3 months later. Accepting paying the higher interest for one month, it cost me an additional 40 days past that to get my tags. I never received a follow up call or email to the several voice mails I left that day. Melissa's lack of communication, not sending the files in a timely manner, and not writing the final check for the correct amount cost me over $500 in higher interest from the lack of being able to refinance and the additional fees I had to pay at the Knox County Clerk's office to get my tags that was already paid for in the purchase of the truck. The second issue I have with Preston Ford involves the sales representative Debbie P. The truck did not have an owners manual in it when I bought it, nor was there one at Preston Ford to replace it. Again, many phone calls and texts to Debbie, with a few of them answered by her that it was coming, or that it arrived and she was picking it up then, and that she would send it, I still have not received one.The second issue I have with Preston Ford involves the sales representative Debbie P. The truck did not have an owners manual in it when I bought it, nor was there one at Preston Ford to replace it. Again, many phone calls and texts to Debbie, with a few of them answered by her that it was coming, or that it arrived and she was picking it up then, and that she would send it, I still have not received one. Product_Or_Service: Service

Overview of Preston Automotive Group customer experience

Preston Automotive Group has received numerous negative reviews from customers. Complaints include poor customer service, unprofessional behavior, and false advertising. Many customers report issues with car maintenance and repairs, with some stating that their vehicles were returned in worse condition than when they were brought in. Some customers also claim that they were pressured into buying products or services they did not need. Overall, Preston Automotive Group has a poor reputation for customer satisfaction.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Preston Automotive Group contacts