The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Plimus (Thru Amazon.com) — Unauthorized cc charges/theft
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Here is the newest level of the insidious bottom feeders Plimus:
This AM I downloaded some software off of Amazon. Everything looked fine. It charged the purchase to the primary card listed in my account.
Twenty minutes later I get a phone call from one of my credit card banks letting me know that they just detected unusual activity on my credit card.
I called the bank and said, "HuhWhat???" They said that a company named Plimus.com had charged $200 to the account for internet software. There was also a weird $18 usenet.com charge.
(OK...here's the really good part:)
I'm dumfounded because Plimus had not put those charges on the card I used for the $60 Amazon purchase...THEY HAD SOMEHOW HARVESTED THE INFORMATION OF ANOTHER CARD LISTED IN MY ACCOUNT AND SHOVED IT ON THAT!!!
My bank was so wonderful...A) in that I have enough history with them for them to have noted that and flagged it so fast, and 2) they took off the charges immediately and cancelled the card.
So...be doubly alert if you download anything and you have an account set up (like PayPal or Amazon) that you use frequently.
More Plimus (Thru Amazon.com) Complaints & Reviews
- Digital Media Source On Amazon.com - False refund policy
- Amazon.in and Amazon transport services - Worst shipping
- Amazon.com / Bonide: Molemax (Mole Repellent) - Misrepresentated item and now is refusing to resolve the situation
- Amazon.com / 16th Avenue Pharmacy Inc. . - Overpriced shipping and handling fee
- Campus Bookstore On Amazon.com - Tried to defraud me
- Online - Transactions - Amazon.com - online-transactions-amazon.com criminals!
- Amazon.com Combillwaus - Stoled money out of my account
- Amazon.com / Summertime26 - Ruined movie
- Beach Camera At Amazon.com - Non US Product
- Edp Card / Amazon.com Visa Card - Money taken from checking account