Resolved Platinum Millennium Publishingunauthorized charges on my credit card

P

After a call from my credit card company about charges to my account, I went back over my statements and find that this company has charged me $120.58. I decided to check them out and discover that they are behind Writers Life. I did order a "free" book from them, paying a $1.00 mailing fee. Now where the $119.58 comes from, I do not know. I have been very ill and hospitalized for some weeks which has thrown me behind on checking my statements. I am 82 years old, retired, on a fixed income, and there is no way in the world that I can pay these charges without using my grocery money! What can I do to get help with this and stop any future charges.

[protected]@windstream.net

RESOLVED

• Platinum Millennium Publishing's response · Jan 30, 2017

Good day, My sincere apologies for the delay in replying. I am so sorry that you were charged for a membership that you did not want. We do offer our customers a YES or NO trial to our membership when they order certain items from us. You have the option of saying NO if you do not wish to join our membership program. We are totally transparent about it on our web page, and you are not forced into joining. Our membership program is packed with content that a lot of authors and writers such as yourself find to be extremely beneficial to them. We do offer you a free, 14-day trial to read the content, watch the videos, consume the newsletters and listen to the insider interviews. As stated on our website and within the terms, if the trial is not canceled after the free 14 day trial period, you are then charged for the membership, which you can still cancel at any time and receive a full refund. Again, this is not a membership that you are forced to take. IN fact, to be totally transparent on all of our order pages you will see a very visible: "No Thanks" option that will NOT put you into our membership, perhaps you overlooked it. Again, I am so sorry for this mistake and want to make things right with you in whatever way I can, including providing you with a full refund if you wish. I would like to try to make up for you not being satisfied and look forward to speaking with you and I hope you have a great day! Please reply here or reach out to us using any of the contacts means below; Please note that when leaving a voicemail or sending in an email or support ticket, depending on the day and time, it can take up to 72 hours to receive a reply from us. We are open from 9 am to 9 pm Eastern Time Monday – Friday, Email: [email protected], Toll-Free: 1-866-752-9968, Phone: 1-917-720-9874, By mail: Platinum Millenium, PO Box 644, Garner, North Carolina 27529, Kindest regards,

• Go
    Goodgirl65 May 13, 2017

I have also been charged $91.38 AUD which is around $69 USD. I wish to cancel this as I did not authorise it and totally cannot afford it. Please advise me how I can cancel t urgently and receive a refund of the $91.38 AUD. I have no idea what it is for. Thank you

• Ia
    Ian Hastings Jul 31, 2017

I was charged US$ 7.95 on 06/24 quite rightly, and then US$ 0.99 again on the same day which, I imagine was for postage.
    However, on 07/08 there was another charge of my credit card statement for US$ 67.00. What is this for?
    I only ordered the book at US$ 7.95 - nothing else.
    Please arrange to credit my account with the US$ 67 which I have not asked for or ordered.
    You can imagine my surprise, specially as I had alloted those funds for my personal purchases. I am a pensioner, so I am always on a tight budget.
    Thank you in anticipation of your conformation.

Ian Hastings

• Ci
    Cindy Vine May 31, 2018

I've just looked at my bank statement and see that I have been charged $67 by Platinum Millenium. I did order an ebook from Writer's Life and a Sign a while back, but I definitely did not sign up for a membership and I would like that money refunded immediately. There is obviously no transparency if they are catching people this way. I am absolutely disgusted.

Chris Meeson Aug 05, 2018

I've just looked at my bank statement and see that I have been charged $67 by Platinum Millenium 4 times. I did order an ebook from Writer's Life and a Sign a while back, ($7.95 and $0.99) but I definitely did not sign up for a membership and I would like that money refunded immediately. There is obviously no transparency if they are catching people this way. I am absolutely disgusted. [email protected] I live in Australia
    02/08/2018 2300 PLATINUMMILLENNIUMPUBLIS 866-752-9968 US FOREIGN AMOUNT USD 67.73 $95.25

sandyb705 Nov 01, 2018

I am also dealing with this fraud from this company. I just got off the phone with my bank and I have to either get them to refund the money, which I absolutely did not authorize, or cancel my card which is a huge pain as I have legitimate payments through it each month and it will be a nightmare to get resolved with each company. I've emailed them as my bank needs written confirmation. My fear is that I've now lost the $91.73 I was charged, which I cannot afford, and that I will have to cancel my card. Lesson learned. Never again will I order from that company and I will be warning all my writer friends on the various groups I belong to. I'm furious!

• Da
    danijelap Nov 16, 2018

I have ordered one item from Writers.org, but just a little bit later, I have noticed a much larger unauthorized charge on my account (67, 73 USD).
    I was really shocked because I most certainly did not give approval for this amount! I think I was scammed because I see here many similar cases with customers having the same problem as me.
    I would like to cancel any of the so called “memberships” or any other approvals from me because they were certainly not authorized by me. I haven’t seen anything on their web pages about this membership and I am so disappointed. I have written to their customer support mail, but I haven’t received any response yet. This is a big cost for my budget. I don’t know what else to do?

sandyb705 Nov 16, 2018

I just dealt with them and they ended up refunding my card so keep bugging them. They claimed I watched a video and then clicked to join. I remember that because i couldn’t see any other options. They are sneaky as can be. They know exactly what they are doing and they hope no one catches on. The replies I got from their complaints department were snippy but they did comply eventually.

• Vi
    VikLee Mar 10, 2019

This is a sneaky company!!! Even when they claimed that they stated in the small print regarding the charges... they did NOT give a monthly statement through email to let u know that they have been charging you. You won't even remember where is the log in page or how to log in, because you have never asked for it. they will sneakily charge u membership and hoping u never realise. i only discovered it when I was looking through my statement and wondered what is that platinummilleniumpubl all about. No matter how much resources they have... it does NOT make a difference trying to con us our money WITHOUT EXPLICITLY telling us that they are going to bill us. Even if it is in the small print, they should follow up with membership letters to remind us that we are being billed. i can't even find a trace of where are my log in details or when i signed up for anything... is there something amiss??? anyway, i have reported to the authorities and investigation is going on at the moment... just to warn whoever read this.. this company is sneaky and fishy.

• Ri
    Riley Alexandra Reed Apr 22, 2019

I have just been charged on my bank card for an amount I did not authorize them to take. I ‘purchased’ a ‘free’ book from Writers Life, which I still haven’t received nor have I received any communication with regards to this purchase. I most certainly did not sign up for any kind of membership as I cannot afford this. I need the payment refunded in order to be able to pay bills this month. Extremely frustrated and do not recommend ever purchasing anything through this so called company.

• Rg
    RGerhart Jul 04, 2019

I also got charged, though I explicitly did not check the Yes / No button and I read through all the information when ordering my information package for a small amount. When instead of a confirmation page, I was sent to a page about the trial offer, I did not order the trial, but aborted the web session.
    Still, I got charged and sent a reclamation via my credit card company, as a direct contact via e-mail or contact form had not been possible or been ignored.
    You sent documents that are not true, as I never did check a button for a trial, which needs to be cancelled after two weeks or gets into a monthly payment of about US$ 70, - and so the proof you sent for my supposed order are not correct.
    I expect an immediate refund, as otherwise I declare this case an open and intentional fraud.

• He
    Heather111777 Feb 18, 2020

I too have been charged over £280 for this company's "services". I contacted my credit card company and they phoned this company, requesting cancellation of my account and a refund. They will only pay 2 months' refund and I have paid five...my credit card company are launching a misrepresentation case against the company for the balance.

• Ti
    Tigerkat23 May 28, 2020

Also dealing with this. As for the company’s response, there was absolutely NO “transparency” as to their “membership”. I am very careful not to select these, since I tend to not use and forget about them, so I always select “no” when it’s offered. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

• Ki
    Kim Bronius Jul 07, 2020

I noticed that the monthly fees fluctuate from over $100 (CND) to $90+ (CND). I am just getting over eye surgeries and have found several of these charges now that I can see my bills. It’s taking money away from groceries and medical bills! I know I did not watch any video now did I sign up for this monthly membership ! I have received not her emails from them either! No confirmation or chance to decline this memebershio and it’s outrageously high fee for a something I have not gotten anything out of!