Resolved Petplan USAScam Artists

D Review updated:

After paying for this insurance for 1 solid year, totaling over $500. I called to get a quote for coverage on my sick dog and they told me i needed to provide a Vet routine check up from at least 1 year prior to signing up! I said, "Excuse me??? Wouldn't you ask for that prior to taking my money???" They said, "Oh, it's in our contract mam." I talked to my vet and he said he's never heard of such a thing and they should reimburse me and I'm looking into it. Seriously, why take my money??? These people are crooks. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM!!!

• El
    eliezer a Sep 18, 2018

i have adopted my pet by november 2015 and immediately got a plan with petplan. i have NEVER requested anything from the insurance since i adopted my pet. this year i had two vet bills for a swallen leg ( from january 2018) and an ear infection ( from august 2018 ). after uploading all paperwork from the vet, they asked me to upload my pets history BEFORE I ADOPTED HER. i sent the adoption paperwork, then they called my vet and asked all the medical records ( WHICH I HAD ALREADY UPLOADED ALL MEDICAL NOTES FROM THE VET ) after rewieving all these documents, they decided the deductables are implied PER CASE, NOT PER YEAR. i have spent nearly $1000 in vet expenses and they sent $29 after deductables. THIS IS JUST A SCAM I IMMEDIATELY CANCELLED THE POLICY AND CANCELLED THE PAYMENTS. WHEN I GOT THE PLAN I WAS TOLD THE DEDUCTABLE WAS FOR ONE TIME AND AFTER YOU MET YOUR DEDUCTABLE, THE REST WAS PAID BY 90%
    THE POLICY CHANGED IN YEARS AND I WAS STUPID NOT TO PAY ATTENTION TO CHANGES.