Petco Animal Suppliescustomer service/ employees

C Jun 23, 2019

I showed up at 10 till 6pm. I hadn't realized they were closing at 6. I wandered around for 15 minutes wondering why no one was available for service. At 10 after 6, mind you I've been here 20 minutes have my stuff picked out I'm ready to cash out but I can't. I can't even leave In fact I had indeed been locked in. The announcement they were closing was done at quarter of apparently just before I arrived. After yelling hello several times a young man and woman come out behind a closed door. They were closed, I needed to leave. Where the disappointment is... I searched for an employee, but to no avail. I was then told I cannot purchase what I had gathered nor could they even sell me the $5 worth of crickets I was particularly there for. I do understand it was now after hours however I do believe since they were not available, locked me in I suppose without even checking the store... they could have figured out how to sell me crickets it's all I asked. I asked for a manager, and of course I was dealing with them. The general manager was not available nor would he be. I'm not a complainer normally, but I was there before they closed and had an employee been available I would have bought crickets and left. Before they closed. I believe this situation could have been handled better as I'm a repeat customer. Between a large fish tank, newts, dogs, and cats we are always here. The management has changed, the staff, the hours, and none for the better.