Having problems with PetCareRx?

PetCareRx Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with PetCareRx Customer Service. Initial PetCareRx complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for PetCareRx above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about PetCareRx. Discuss the issues you have had with PetCareRx and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

PetCareRx Complaints & Reviews

PetCareRxOrder cancelled & they kept my money!

I had been buying items for my pets from PetCareRx for several months, using PayPal to pay, with no issues. I placed this last order on Jan 30, 2021. On Feb 1, 2021, I received an email from them stating that the order had shipped. Then, on Feb 2, 2021, I received an email stating that while trying to process the order for shipping, the method of payment on file has declined. I checked my PayPal account, and the payment shows as being completed on Feb 1, 2021. I also checked my bank account, and the money has been removed from my account by PayPal. I called PetCareRx, as instructed in the email, and spoke with a rep (I will be polite & not mention the name here). She claimed that the PayPal payment was declined and that they do not have payment. Even though I explained to her that it shows on my PayPal account as paid, she says that they cannot ship it without payment. I then cancelled the order, which she agreed to. I asked for a cancellation confirmation number, but she said it was not ready yet, it would be emailed. I never got that email & ended up having to look my order up on the website to see that it had really been cancelled. I also insisted that my money be refunded, but she said I'd have to check into that myself with PayPal.
Looks like I will end up having to file a dispute against PetCareRx with PayPal, and of course that takes time on their part.

I sent PetCareRx an email on Feb 7, 2021, inquiring about my refund. I finally received a response 2 days later. This time the rep did confess that on Feb 2nd, my cancellation was approved by a supervisor & the refund was approved by accounting. This rep said I'd have to get my refund from PayPal myself.

A customer should NEVER have to do this much follow up to get a refund for items that PetCareRx refused to ship even though it WAS PAID IN FULL when placing the order! This whole situation is shameful & PetCareRx has lost this customer. I want my stolen money back in my account NOW. It is starting to look as if PetCareRx is using various tactics to hang onto money that belongs to someone else.

After this happened, I have ordered the items for my pets from other companies, also using PayPal, with no problems at all.

• Updated by Buyer34 · Feb 21, 2021

Clarification: I should not be expected to get my money from PayPal, when even PayPal says PetCareRx has my money.

PetCareRx.comThey simply did not care

I'm very disappointed with PetCareRx, their customer service is absolutely horrible. I ordered some meds from this website and later they contacted me and said that my order was cancelled because they were not able to charge my card. I contacted my bank and they said that there was nothing wrong with my card.
    I called PetCareRx and asked them to try again. They refused and said they had some other things to do! I was shocked to hear that! That's not a good way to treat a customer! They simply did not care about me.

PetCareRx.comAdditional $680.00 for insurance.

I had contacted PetCareRx.com about getting a Siberian Husky puppy as our new family pet. They insisted they would wave an adoption fee as long as we paid the transportation fee of 195.00. After they had received my money they then asked for an additional $680.00 for insurance.

• Pe
          PetCareRx Jan 08, 2013

Neandertalec
          Our apologies, but we are unaware of this issue or anything associated with this issue. We do not sell any type of dogs or puppies, but only pet supplies and medications. Were you attempting to contact someone else, or did you have an issue with a supply order that you placed? In either case, we will be happy to assist you as much as we can. Please contact our customer service department at [email protected] Thanks again. We look forward to hearing from you.

Petcare RXHorrible customer service

I ordered medication for my two dogs. Somehow Petcare Rx switched the orders which caused my vet to deny the order. Instead of contacting me about the issue, Petcare Rx did nothing. They sat on my order while they had my $100.00 in their hands. When I called as a follow up to see why I hadn't received the order they finally explained that the vet had denied it but that they had recently gotten the order straightened out, however, they still hadn't shipped it. I explained that the medication is very important for one of my dogs and asked that they expidite the shipment. I was told that they would do this but only if I paid an additional $20...for THEIR mistake.

The customer service reps were awful - I might as well have been talking to a wall. They had no interpersonal skills or ability to speak as a rational human being. Everything they said was highly scripted - one of the reps actually had difficulty reading her script and kept tripping over her words causing her to re-read her scripted reply to me.

I will never use Petcare Rx again and will tell everyone I know not to use them. (P.S. I operate a dog daycare so have access to many pet owners).

• Pa
            Patricia46 Aug 16, 2010

PETCARE RX has got to be the worse on-line pet medicine place. HORRIBLE cutomer service. Made a order on July 29 and it still is not here Aug 16. This was a medicine I needed ASAP. Can't get any help from the on-line or by phone. Person was vey rude on the phone. I guess they don't care about word of mouth.

Markus Aug 05, 2010

I will never shop at Petcare Rx again- they kept calling to say they couldn't get authorization on my credit card ( not true according to my credit card comapn;also i had zero balance)

they split my order thereby reducing my frequent flyer miles i was trying to get

I got a zillion emails from them- "your order is shipped, " "we can't get authorization;your vet hasn't called ( he had). Also, i originally ordered from them to get free flyer miles which are now screwed up.

Pet Care RX — scam

I had used Pet Care RX thinking that I was getting a great deal on my dog's medications, but little did...