Paschall Truck LinesBad place to work

this is the by far worst place anyone could ever work. this place has no communication skills at all and god forbid you get the director Larry. This guy is a total jack ###. He thinks he is God and what he says goes. He will try to make you run illegal just to get a load somewhere that cant be delivered anyway. He will even threaten your job, over the phone of course, if your dont play by his rules. He seems to forget that the drivers arent regulated by him. They are regulated by the Federal Government. I hope anyone even thinking about going to work for this two but, redneck, inbred company that they PLEASE RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION. I promise you will regret it if you dont. also dont forget about the mounds of paperwork that you will have to sign during orientation, all of which is nothing but bull. For example, you will sign a paper that will allow them to garnish your pay for 1500 if you abandoned their equipement. I have never seen anything that low. Oh yeah heres a major one for you. Most companies will pay you to go home for your hometime and then pay you any miles to go pick up a load or find a trailer. This company will not start paying you until AFTER YOU PICK UP THE LOAD. So that means if you have to drive 100 miles to go pick up a load, you wont see a cent for it. ALso, they will try to make you fudge your log book and if you dont then they threaten your job. You can do so much better. Dont make the same mistake I did. As for you Larry, I hope you get what you diserve and brought back down to size. When you see this company coming you better turn and run away very fast. Trouble is coming.

• Wa
    wacknroll Nov 09, 2009

been driving for 3.5 years flatbed mostly.Can PTL really be this bad?KIm M. just told me I have a job, dont know what to do?HELP!!!

• Tp
    TP1 Nov 10, 2009

best thing you can do is turn and run away very fast. i promise you will regret ever working there. they will treat you horribly and expect you to falsify your log book for them to go deliver a load that cant be delivered anyway because the place was closed. go with us xpress. its a much better company to work for, trust me.

• Be
    belltail Dec 15, 2009

most companies do not repeat, ( do not ) pay miles when heading home enpty.as far as what his dispatcher was doing that is probably true.the driver should have had the gonads to tell him "(huhhhh !!! ) I can't hear you, put it in print." No doubt most of what he sayin is true, all orientators have a lot of paperwork.they spend a lot of money gettin you in the truck so if you make them plenty money and in turn you too, you can probably get by with tellin that dispatcher to jump in the creek.
    or as our northern neighbors would say, "the crick".

• Ve
    very abused office worker Feb 02, 2010

PTL is a ### place to work especially in the corportate office, they expect u to do everyone's else work.

• Ve
    very abused office worker Feb 02, 2010

the office is a very abusive place to work, u never get an annual review of your work, never get a raise - I know people who have been there 10 before they received their 1st raise while others in the same department will get incetives, bonuses, raises to keep them, it's not what u know abt your job it's who's ### u kiss and fondle and wipe and powder. I like many others before am glad I no longer have to degrade myself by working there, ask any former office worker from PTHell and they will tell u it's a ### hole, it takes a while for the wounds to heal from all the back stabbing the goes on there. This is the most corrupt, dirty, secretive place I have ever seen. The owner must be proud of his goons that lie, cheat and steal from everyone and get paid hansomly for it. So if u want to feel like ### and degraded every day u leave ur job then this is the place for u. Remember: IT'S NOT WHO U KNOW IT'S WHO U BLOW to get ahead here. And the poor drivers are constantly lied to from the office personnel no wonder the turnover rate is so high. I would be embarrased to tell anyone I ever worked there. They don't call it PTHELL for nothing!!!

• On
    one of many disgruntled drivers Feb 27, 2010

just went through a week of abuse by certain dispatcher who is probably in the good graces of the higher ups because she does them favors. Seems kneepads would be a great gift for that one.
    The most hick backstabbing idiotic company I have ever seen.
    Hell with them

• Mi
    misslori Mar 01, 2010

I drove for ptl from aug 09 to feb 10. I finally had enough when I had to be home to move by feb. 1. I guess someone didn't tell them that my address was in Texas and not in Indiana. Sent me a pp and it was from La. to Ind. I asked 10 days before for the hometime to move. (I have horses that were on leased land that was sold), pretty urgent reason I thought. Anyway, declined pp. Sent in comment section "Route me to W. Memphis, I am done". Got a reply: "you mean you want an unauthorized deadhead to Memphis"? I said: "In the employee handbook it clearly states that if you terminate your employment with PTL you are REQUIRED to turn your equipment in to either W. Memphis or Murray Ky". "To me, that sounds MANDATORY not unauthorized." Then they tried to get me to go back 3 hours from Jackson Ms to pick up that Indy load and take it to the yard. I said "What part of I q-u-i-t don't you understand? I am not going backward 3 hours to pick up your load. Route me to west memphis so I can give you your truck back. After hours of waiting, finally asked who was on the other end of q/c. Got this message: "if you are terminating your employment with ptl, please turn your equipment in to w. memphis"... A friends father in law had a heart attack. He needed to be routed to w. memphis so he can go to little rock to meet with family. His dispatcher, Tony, from El Paso told him "You sure didn't give us much notice". That's how heartless that company is. The driver lounges are worse than a homeless shelter and the office personnel treat the drivers like ###. I would never recommend PTL to anyone! Even if I didn't like them!. Got a job with Dartco and boy what a difference. I love it!

• Re
    realtruckdriver Mar 02, 2010

I am going to have to disagree! I have been a driver for PTL for ten yrs now and get along with my dispatcher. They run me hard and send me home when I want. I been trucking for over 30 years and to all you new drivers out there who think a company OWES you something, grow up. Get a job, run your miles, and just be happy you are bringing home a pay check every week.Cause theres a lot of drivers out there who arn't. Not every trucking company i worked for treated me with the respect PTL gave me. They gave me a chance and I'm proud to call them HOME. The good out weighs the bad. They been good to me.

• Fm
    fmstallings Apr 10, 2010

I have to say that PTL is not the best place to drive for. I drove for them from May, 2009 to April, 2010, the first 5 or 6 months wasn't bad, but then it got very bad. There miles they pay u for are based on what a computer say's it will take to go from point a to point b. After some checking and figuring the miles I was driving almost a extra 100 miles each trip to made a delivery for them and not getting paid for it, they wouldn't do anything about it. They said the computer was right and not me. They also make you drive over your hour of service just to get a load delivered, even when you tell them you dont have hours to get there, they still make you do it or your out of a job. So I have to say that anybody looking at PTL should reconsider and look else where. I got smart and got the hell away. There's alot better places to drive for.

• Le
    Leeter May 18, 2010

im working for PTL right now... i had tony in el paso for the first month as dispatcher this guys a complete [censored], it seems those mexican boys over in el paso dont have any management above them, they reeally dont give a flying [censor]. i got my dispatcher changed to a lovely lady in murray that gets me homee when i ask. i was 1400 miles from the house when my first child was being born she worked it where i got home as fast as possible (swapping out loads 3 times) if it wasnt for her i wouldve quit after month 1. i think its all about the dispatchers... all we ask for is a little respect

• Ro
    roaddog57 Dec 11, 2010

I am thinking of going to work for PTL, and seeing all these complaints is pretty discouraging. I wonder if it is PTL or the drivers. I know truck drivers working for Melton, JB Hunt, Western Express, Werner, and they all have similar problems, getting home, not getting paid for this or that, having to sign papers that put all the responsibility on the driver, trying to get drivers to go back to work before their home time is over, dispatchers lying to you, putting bad stuff on your DAC, and so on and so forth. Unfortunately, that is just the nature of truck driving, you are going to have that to deal with to some degree with any trucking company, if you are unable to deal with it, it may be better to find some other type of employment. Office workers, dispatchers, company mechanics generally have a low opinion of truck drivers in general. The driver is at the bottom of the barrel, even though the driver does most of the work. When actually we could survive without them better than they can survive without us. What I am saying is most of the problems I am hearing are things I have had to deal with for to some degree with everyone I worked with. That is just the way it is and just make the best out of it or maybe try something else.

tntiger Nov 06, 2011

If your looking for a good company come to PTL I did and I love it. I get the miles and they get me home when I ask. I like there running lanes and they always got freight. I been working here a while now and there good to me and I make sure I do my job. Come and join our team you will be happy you did.

tntiger Nov 06, 2011

Go to work for PTL you will be happy you did. There a good company with plenty of freight and good running lanes. I been working fir them a while now and i'm happy I did.

• Se
    Semituff Jun 21, 2012

I am working for PTL at the present time and I can tell you that everything on this post is 100 percent true. The only reason i'm still here is to get enough money to get down the road.

• Co
    CountryGirl01 Feb 03, 2014

What is orientation like for PTL?

marykathleen Apr 24, 2014

My husband drives for PTL. He's been asking to come home for 3 weeks. Still has not made it here. I haven't seen him in 6 weeks.

marykathleen Apr 24, 2014

His dispatcher, Oscar, from El Paso promised him he was really getting to come home this time but nope they just running him back and forth pass the house.

• Dr
    driverptl May 20, 2014

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT COMPANIES THATARE CALLED PTL. ONE IS OUT OF MURRAY, KY WITCH BY THE WAY IS A AWESOME COMPAY TO DRIVE FOR. IF YOU NEED A RECRUITER I WOULD SUGGEST JAMES FREEMAN, VERRY HONEST GUY GUY. THE OTHER COMPANY OF PTL IS OUT WEST IN EL PASO, TX.

TNTarheel Jun 18, 2015

PTL is Paschall Truck Lines, Inc...the same company that is in El Paso, TX :)

They are a rip-off artists. We've been both company & O/O for them. They have more ways to steal your money than I ever thought possible.

Stay far, far away.

• Sc
    Scott Hutchinson Aug 22, 2016

I worked for PTL and I am a Veteran, but not just any kind of vet. Anyway, PTL is a Poor company, my advise is photo copy EVERYTHING ! As far as the ones on here saying they work for PTL and it is a good company, THEY ARE WORKING FOR THE COMPANY>> BY GETTING ON HERE AND SAYING OVER 2000 PEOPLE ARE WRONG. just add up the numbers on all The PTL negative reviews, and look up PTL Class action law suit . Let that be your answer.