Optics PlanetHorrible customer service

S

I had a very unsatisfactory experience with Optics Planet shipping and customer service department. SHIPPING: I placed an order with Optics Planet for a new GG&G mount for a PVS-14, using Amazon's site (sold and fulfilled by Optics Planet). I received what appeared to be a used and incomplete Sightmark mount that was repackaged in a GG&G container. CUSTOMER SERVICE: I contacted CS and explained said problem. The CS representative did not believe my complaint and/or that the used Sightmark mount was sent from Optics Planet. I offered to send pictures of the product received, the packaging and shipping label. CS refused to accept the pictures. CS stated that Optics Planet will conduct an investigation (without my pictures). Afterwards, Optics Planet will determine how to resolve the problem. I explained that I needed the mount for a scheduled training; however, CS refused to give a deadline and expected me to wait patiently. I contacted Amazon. Amazon contacted Optics Planet to attempt to resolve my complaint in a reasonable time, with negative results. After their phone call with Optics Planet, Amazon issued me an immediate refund for the unfair treatment by Optics Planet.

RESOLVED

• OpticsPlanet's response · Feb 24, 2017

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority.

Optics Planet supplies Amazon with merchandise for which Amazon uses to fulfill orders on our behalf. These orders are shipped directly from the Amazon warehouse. Unfortunately do not have any oversight on the shipping process. Any discrepancies with the order will need to be discussed with Amazon directly as the inventory was located and shipped from their facility.

Our customer experience team looks for ways we can improve processes and customer satisfaction. We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities.

Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.