Ontario Endoscopy Clinicextremely rude and insensitive client handling

i had my colonoscopy there and was perforated by the doctor. never apologized or anything. when i was at the hospital, i met another person in the e.r. with complications there as well. never again.

More Ontario Endoscopy Clinic Complaints & Reviews

• Ca
    Carol Jun 08, 2009

Hi, i conpletely disagree with you. I was at the clinic with my mom the last week of Feb/2009 and the staff was wonderful! I had no problems when i called in a few days before to confirm my mom's colonoscopy appointment. THe girl that answered was very pleasant and spent a few minutes going over all my questions. My mom had never been thru this procedure before and she was really freaked out. The girl at the front desk was not condescending or rude whatsoever. I would definitely take my dad back to this clinic when he's going for his screening...

• Al
    AlexanderDenton Aug 10, 2009

I must say I disagree with you also. The clinic was absolutely brilliant. Had a colonoscopy there in July 2009 done there. The staff was very nice and the girl at the front was professional and nice. Maybe she was new. The nurses were very nice. The waiting time was negligible. The doctor was a young professor and specialized surgeon from St. Mikes who taught at U of T. The colonoscopy didn't hurt at all and the doctor spent a good chunk of time explaining things afterward. To be honest, the experience was the exact opposite of what I was expecting, and really allayed my fears about colonoscopy. I give them an A+ for service.

johnmit Jul 16, 2010

The staff is amazing. A very professional way of handling things. Everything went so smooth that the entire experience was absolutely positive. I would recommend this clinic to all.

• Ev
    Evelyn416 Oct 03, 2014

I was at the OEC earlier this year, in June. All the staff were fine. The receptionist was super nice. An Indian female doctor however, whose name I now forget was the one doing my procedure. I found her to be extremely arrogant and rude. She made me cry. A bit of a ###.

• Es
    esnoopy Mar 10, 2015

I just did my 1st colonoscopy there last week. The receptionist Helen, very nice and detailed and explained to me fasting procedure on day prior . The people are nice but not being professional. I really do not mind a bit of chatting but this place is like a social market place. Admitting nurse nice but chatter box, she is busy socializing around and telling everyone her travel history and language practice. Rough handling on IV, my blood vessel break. Then during the procedure, another nurse, the anesthesiologist were chatting away about a movie all along. I thought I will be sedative but not really, however the procedure was not painful.
    Recovering the nurse took BP once and left there, she did not instruct me to pass off gas . I ended up with fever and chill that night for 2 days, possible infection and inflammation.This is a medical clinic and I hope people can consider the patient's feeling . Be professional, focus and respect your profession.

• Co
    Concerned11111 Jul 14, 2015

My mom had a terrible experience there. The actual procedure went well it's what happened afterwards that was upsetting. My mom went back to her locker after the procedure to find that it was open. She looked inside her purse and found that her money was missing. She was sure that it was in there because prior to the procedure she used some of the money to pay for the procedure. Over $100 was left over after she paid and that money was gone. They allowed me to look around and suggested that the money fell out of the purse. It's hard to accept that because the locker was wide open when my mom got back to it. Be careful and don't take any valuables with you when you go.