Olshan Foundation RepairSick of it

E

I am writing this here because I wrote Ol'Shan's marketing department a letter a few months ago about how sick and tired WE (me and my family) are of seeing and hearing the exact same commercial either on TV or on Radio day after day, year after year here in Texas. I don't know if the same commercials are played in other states where the company has other offices.

The commercials have not changed in at least the last five years using the GREAT Nolan Ryan. Everytime the commercial comes on either TV or radio, either I change channel or turn it off, unless my wife or son beat me to the remote or knobs first. My son is 14 years old and he's sick and tired of seeing or hearing the same old commercial using Nolan Ryan.

Sure Nolan Ryan was a great pitcher, but he's not MY hero. He maybe the company's hero but certainly not ours. Yes he had seven not hitters in baseball, but he's also a no hitter here!

"I'm Nolan Ryan, I've known foundations all of my life" (bull crap with crappy southern drawl too) is as far as the commercial gets on my radio. But that's when I'm slow getting to the radio knob to turn if off or change channel.

• Fo
    FoundationRepairDFW Dec 08, 2011

This is a recurring problem with foundation repair companies in Dallas, TX and the entire North Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas region that contains clay soil. Many companies are there for a quick fix and do not put forth the workmanship necessary for foundation failure correction. I'm told that these bigger companies have full time crews that ONLY DO WARRANTY WORK! Not one crew, multiple crews. Their work is not performed with an attention to detail and the cost is exponentially higher... to cover all those advertising costs of course. If you're in the DFW Metroplex, check out Pro-Tech Foundation at http://ProTechFoundation.com for superior customer service. They corrected my foundation and used mudjacking to support it after it was lifted and my house has not had problems through this extreme North Texas drought.

• Md
    MDLewisIV Apr 14, 2011

I have to agree with Kimbo on this...you'd be really busy if you wrote every marketing department about crappy ads. Stop watching TV and listening to the radio if you get that warn out about ads. You have it in your power to do so.

• Ki
    kimbo336899 Nov 29, 2010

who cares about the stupid commericals you idiot, no one wants to read your whining about insignifficant [censor].

• Wa
    Wayne_01 Apr 12, 2010

Well did Olshan work on your house? Did you like the service? Or..do you just dislike the advertising? I used them twice on 2 different houses and have been more than happy with the results