Oberon MediaBilling

R

I purchased 6 games from MSN games online who apparently has paired with Oberon Media. I was billed incorrectly and overcharged on 5 of the games. The only way to contact these people is through their online support email which of course conveniently avoids billing issues. I have emailed repeatedly and only get responses telling me how to install and play the games. I called MSN and they gave me a phone number which I called. It's of course a recording telling me to email if there is a problem. I have no other way of contacting Oberon and in the meantime I still have these overcharges that I need credited. What can I do??

• Ni
    Nikki Aug 24, 2008

I just found this number on Yahoo, gonna try calling tomorrow: [protected]

joan reitz Sep 06, 2008

I ordered a on line scrabble game and was billed $19.95 and was was never able to make a connection. The billing date is July 29. Can you help ?

• Ba
    badweed Sep 17, 2008

I just went through all kinds of dead ends and non-existant email support addresses etc... after attempting to purchase a game via the MSN game site (run by Oberon Media). I found one link that not only went through, but brought a response to the actual issue. On their support page, I selected "Comments and Suggestions", as selecting actual problems got me no where. I received an email that answered my question within 2 hours. Mind you I also said they had 24 hours to respond or I was going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (Canada). I don't know if that made a difference or not, but I was happy with the response.

sal Dec 20, 2008

I have been trying to cancel my subscription and cannot find the site to enter the information to cancel. I had enough trouble just trying to contact Oberon and when I finally got them, thru the "Comments and Suggestions" section of the support page, they told me "You may cancel your GameSaver membership any time by logging in to your account and clicking ["CANCEL"] from the FAQ page." Well try to find the page to log in. I am now back to the "Comments and Suggestions" section asking where to find this page. In the meantime I have been billed another month for a game I do not want.

• Vi
    vikke harper Jan 15, 2009

I recently took advantage of free trial of Bejeweled 2 deluxe on an oberon game website. after expending my free 60 minutes, I tried to buy the full game and submitted all my personal information, and the attempt failed and I could not delete my request to buy. So, I bought Bejeweled 2 on another site. This month my bank statement showed an unauthorized charge to gamesaver subscription re:Oberon Media for 6.95 MONTHLY GAVE MEMBERSHIP FEE. I never signed up for any game membership as I only play 3 or 4 favorites. I was just attempting to buy the one game. I have sent e-mail after e-mail and called [protected] as well as [protected] with no SATISFACTORY RESPONSE. So, I am stuck with a 6.95 charge every month now and cannot cancel my "so called subscription", and what's worse, I cannot find the webpage or account to even take advantage of this error, by abiding by the terms I never signed up for. So, it looks like I'll be charged each month for a fee in a membership I cannot identify to evey try to buy a game if I waned to. HELP HELP HELP

• Bl
    blackrose44 Jan 25, 2009

I never agree to sign up for any monthly payment and get bill 6.95 every month please help us every attempt is a failer

ripley7700 Jan 25, 2009

I am having the same merry-go-round on cancelling my MSN discount subscription. I found this webpage after googling (yeah, not through the "user-friendly" MSN games page): http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3037.htm. There is a link there to (allegedly) cancel your subscription. When I click it, however, it gives me an error message. How clever. Then I went to the "help" page: https://www.oberon-media.com/checkout/info/help.htm# and sent a very angry email asking for cancellation ASAP. I assume this is the "comments and suggestions" page mentioned by Badweed above. Hope it works.

My beef? Did you know that they, despite written representations to the contrary, are not charging in USD? At least, not according to my credit card company, which has taken the opportunity to charge a "foreign transaction fee - finance charge" for every monthly membership fee.

• Mi
    mickeyd Feb 05, 2009

I went to the link posted by ripley7700 (http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3037.htm) and was able to cancel with no problem. Within two minutes I received a confirmation email in my inbox stating that my account had been cancelled. Maybe enough complaints from customers made them change their tactics. At any rate, I'm going to check my credit card statement very carefully to make sure there are no continuing charges.

• Ca
    carolinag29 Feb 10, 2009

l just tried to get my game l ordered online and went to sign on it and l don, t have it and l done the numbers and email over, over again.l still can, t play.can, t yu do something about this . my email is right l use it all the time .l played it and l liked it and you got paid, so whats wrong.l put all the numbers in and letters also. please help.or l want my moey back . thank yu. [email protected]

• Ca
    carolinag29 Feb 10, 2009

I could not get my game l paid for . I tried several times. I put all the information in. I want the game or my moeny back the game is Majong Escape ANCIENT.

• Sh
    Sheila Cain Feb 11, 2009

How can I cange my credit card number? The system will not let me edit it. The systems says there is an error .

• Ro
    Robin Hanson Mar 03, 2009

I just purchase a game [Fabulous finds] from pogo.com and i can't get the game to play i purchase a nother game the same day and it took i can play the game. I tried to get game to work i put in my e-mail address and the regstration key numbers abojt six times and can't get the game to work.My eye sight is very poor but i did all of what i was supposed to do? The Order number on this is ID27624976 please help!!! my e-mail address is [email protected] Fabulous Finds just don;t want to work is there any way you could make the numbers bigger . Thank you Robin Hanson

• Oberon Media, Inc. has charged me 10 time for the purchase of only one game. I can't figure out what they are doing. My Credit Card companies are refunding my money and I cancelled my credit card and has given me a new one. On that particular credit card they have billed me 7 games were charged on Jan 10, 2009 and 3 were charged on my wifes card on Jan 18th, 2009. We have reported to our credit card companies that we didn't charge seven games in one day and 3 more on another day. I have tried to reach them to no avail. Only a email can be sent from their webpage.

jadenkirby Mar 09, 2009

I have had the same problem with their game discount membership. I was able to download my first game without problem (the one I bought when initially signing up in December 2008). Since then, I have recieved 2-3 emails stating that my free game is available for download (one each month). When I go to the site to download my game, there is no "redeem" button to click on-only the option to sign up for the discount game membership again. After trying unsuccesfully to download games several times, and after numerous emails to their customer service department (which only one was answered) I attempted to cancel my account. I went to the link to cancel my account, it asked me to sign in, and when I did, it told me I did not have an account. I find this funny since my credit card is being charged each month. The repsonse I received from the customer service department was basically explaining how to go to the site and download a game. I described, in detail, in each email I sent them that I had already followed the steps exactly to download the game-but it never gave me the "redeem" button. At this point I just want them to stop taking the $10.03 out of my account every month-but I am getting very angry and am ready to take action-especially since seeing that I am not their only victim. Here is the latest email I sent to their customer service department. I plan to follow through with all of my threats if my account is not canceled-and may follow through anyway to prevent this from happening to other people:

I have attempted several times to contact you by email regarding the difficulties I have had with your services. I have received one response instructing me to do EXACTLY what I have already tried-which I indicated in all the previous emails I have sent. I do not need duplicate instructions on how to download my "free" game. What I do need is a phone number where I can reach a customer service representative-preferably a supervisor-in order to cancel this account. IF I DO NOT RECEIVE A SATISFACTORY RESPONSE WITHIN 24 HOURS, I WILL BE CONTACTING THE DEPARTMENT FOR CONSUMER AFFAIRS, THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, AND AN ATTORNEY!!! I am very angry that I am paying for a service that I have been unable to use since signing up. This is poor business and your PR department should jump on this because after viewing several blogs out there, I am not the only one that has had issues with downloading their "free" games. I think that with the number of individuals having this problem, perhaps a class-action law suit would make you pay more attention to your quality control issues and getting those problems resolved for your customers. I would appreciate a response as soon as possible.

jadenkirby Mar 09, 2009

I received a response very quickly-my account has been canceled. Amazing how fast my concerns were addressed with this email. I still want a refund for the months I have been unable to download these games (which would be Jan, Feb, and March). This company really needs to be reported.

JoBob Mar 14, 2009

I am in the same boat as you. I have just submitted an email and if I do not hear back soon, I WILL take legal action. I will not allow them to continue to steal from me. And that is what they are doing, plain and simple.

• Em
    Emily Patterson Mar 16, 2009

I had the same problem of being charged a subscription that I did not order. I couldn't get ahold of anybody in the company so I called my bank, told them I had an unathorized charge on my account, and the bank reversed the charge and gave me my money back. I also had them issue me a new VISA card so that Oberon Media could not access my checking account anymore. But I agree that this company has some major issues... they don't want phone calls yet they want to provide a service... hmmm...

• Bs
    bstie Mar 25, 2009

Plain and Simple. Do not get involved with these folks. Only way to handle is to cancel your credit card and move on with life. Nothing much more to say, other than the games seem to work fine, but once a member, there IS NO WAY TO CANCEL via their methods.

• Ru
    RubiSlpr Apr 08, 2009

jadenkirby,

I'm having the same problem and I'm ready to scream !!! I've sent two emails to Oberon Media with no response and just spent over an hour on the phone with a Yahoo rep. Even though my subscription started from a Yahoo Game Page, they say I have to deal with their partner, Oberon. What a nightmare !!
    Where did you send the email that finally got this resolved??

Thanks for your help!

leefrancis Apr 18, 2009

I should have read this info prior to getting hooked by these crooks. I have tried everything and cannot contact these ... Their email address is false and have no numbers for them. Totally peeved off with them and their ripoff methods. Shame on MSN for getting involved with them, when they know this is happening to people.

leefrancis Apr 18, 2009

I tried to purchase the game wheel of fortune after the free subsription ran out. I wanted to purchase for 24.95 for the year to play with my prarents who live away. I then get a memo stating I was being charged 6.95 per month for the game. I tried to rectify the situation but with absolutely no success. They are like ghost with no real contact numbers and etc. Their contact email is a fake as I tried to email them twice. I cannot even locate the game through this mess and have no idea what to do next. I will not pay 6.95 plus per month for a game. What an example of internet SCAM or POOR service. Now I find many others who are in the same boat. WHY IS MSN INVOLVED WITH SUCH PEOPLE? I DON'T UNDERSTAND ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE COMPLAINTS GOING ON WITH OBERON. I will contact the Better Business Bureau and my credit card company to lodge a complaint. If I have to cancel my credit card I will do that so they won't get away with this.

leefrancis Apr 18, 2009

What a nightmare trying to deal with these people. I tried to purchase the game wheel of fortune after my free subscription ran out. I enjoy playing the game with my parents who live away. It was to be 24.95 for the year but instead I received a memo stating I was being charged 6.95 plus per month. I tried numerous times and methods to contact this company but no success. They have no contact numbers plus their email contact is a bogus address. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MSN COULD BE INVOLVED WITH SUCH A COMPANY AND ALL THE COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM. This is absolutely rediculous service and how they think they can get away with this. I WILL CONTACT MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO CANCEL AND ALSO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU TO LODGE A COMPLAINT. If I have to cancel my card I am will certainly do that. I will not be ripped off by such methods. A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST OBERON IS SOMETHING THAT HAS A REAL POSSIBILITY. I WONDER HOW MANY FACEBOOK/MYSPACE USERS HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT WITH OBERON?

• Ka
    Kathy Apr 20, 2009

For almost a month I have requested a reply for my problem. I purchased a game, my puter a short while later crashed. Bought a new puter, went to load game and can longer find game on the site. I have reciept of purchase, key registration etc. All I wanted was to learn how to reload or get the disks. They have refused to answer my request. I have written them 5 times. I will never purchase again from Oberon. The game was on Pogo site. I notified them of this awful treatment. I notified EA Sports, Microsoft, Comcast & Sprint. Oberon deals with each of the companies.

• Lo
    Lori May 02, 2009

Just reported them to the BBB. Unfortunately, I am not alone. They take your money and then the "Activate" link doesn't work. No numbers to call anyone, only their online complaint center - and no responses! Called Yahoo and they say I have to go through Oberon. Called Oberon's corporate HQ in NY and only get a recording about submitting your issue on the same useless website. Check out this link about the company.

sandyeggo Aug 03, 2009

>>>>[protected] <<<<this is their phone number, good luck getting an answer, there is a way to cancel the membership, check through the FAQ when you click on buying a game, it should be around there.

Horrible company.

sandyeggo Aug 03, 2009

[protected]<<<<<<<<<<<<< THIS IS THEIR company phone number in New York, Ive been trying to call but no answer, even when they were in operating hours...
    I signed up for the 2 minimum reqd. membership and as soon as I canceled my membership on my second month it said I still needed 3 more months, so they charged me for those 3 more months which was $30+ on my credit card.

Good luck on someone answering the phone, or at least talking to an actual human.

This company sucks.

• Lc
    lcobra1 Oct 21, 2009

I have the problem with Yahoo. Why do Yahoo & MSN need to have a 3rd party to in charge of their games unless they are in cahoots with these crooks. I had a $6.95 for 12 months 1 game a month subscription and my bank acct got screwed up so they canceled it. Not knowing how well off I was I later got another subscription for $7.95 a month for 6 months. That rocked along very well for several months (maybe I'm getting near the end of my subscription that's why they decided to mess with me) and all the sudden after my $7.95 charge was taken out I had four (4) $6.95 fees taken out within a few days of each other. I emailed Yahoo, of course got the email that they don't take care of that Oberon does and redirected me to email them. Oh, they saw that my account was in good standing and took out all of my past $6.95 fees. After I emailed them that I didn't have that subscription and I wanted a refund they took out my regular $7.95 monthly fee and two (2) more $6.95 fees. I called my bank and immediately canceled my debit card. Of course this is $40+unwanted games later. When I received my email from them saying nothing about refunding my fees, just how to redeem my games and that they had canceled my subscription. I think I will try the Better Business Bureau trick. The bank said it would be easier to get the refund from them than for the bank to try to do it for me. Now I am worried that my 60 days to redeem games will run out and I will have neither the games I really didn't want in the first place or my $40+. Shame on big companies for screwing the little people.

letishat Nov 09, 2009

I am having so many problems downloading games for my daughter. I have purchased 3 games and the first game, Ranch Rush, downloaded initially and was fine for a few days. Then all of a sudden the game started giving me problems. I contacted tech support via email and ran down all the info about my computer. When it was determined that my computer was not the issue, I was given a code to access another game free of charge. The code doesn't work. I can't access the game I chose. Since then I have contacted tech support via email several times and no response on this problem. I tried downloading 2 other games and only 1 of the 2 downloaded successfully. The one that downloaded was not an Oberon-Media game. I noticed that the other 2 were, so I'm thinking that it's just Oberon-Media that is the problem. I have had no problems downloading games from other sites, just this one. I now have a subscription that I'm stuck with for games that I can't download. I am not happy at all!

• As
    ashaahida Nov 11, 2009

For everyone that has been taken by Oberon. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs against Oberon Media, Inc. I too have been ripped off by this company for over $47.00 and I just want my money back.
    I will gather all of these complaints from this site and from others for evidence and if anyone would like to add something else such as the amount stolen, etc., please just let me know.
    The information for Oberon Media, Inc is: Oberon Media, Inc. (Corporate Office) New York, One World Financial Center, 27th Floor, New York, NY 10281
    phone:[protected]
    fax: [protected]

If you call, you will probably get a recording, if you do, dial zero for the operator and demand to speak to someone in charge, i.e. the president, vice president, etc.. Don't let them send you to customer service because that is who your problem is with.
    If they refuse to help, let them know that a complaint will be filed with the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and then do it.

Even though these dollar amounts are not big, it is the principle and we the people need to start sending a message to these big companies. If the Department of Consumer Affairs receive enough complaints, then this company could be shut down. If we tie up the companies phone lines with complaints, maybe they will respond in kind.

• Th
    thisdoesntmeanilikethem Dec 03, 2009

Regarding some of these issues: I have contacted Oberon Media several times with no problems. I get a response within ~48hrs. All emails sent via their web pages with the following options:

~ FIELD [ProblemType] : {buyingProblem}
    ~ FIELD [ChannelURL] : {gamecenter.oberon-media.com}
    ~ FIELD [ChannelName] : {Oberon Media GameCenter}
    ~ FIELD [ChannelID] : {[protected]}

Here was my first question:

] Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 11:49 AM
    ] Subject: New User Support Submission
    ] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ] I bought a game through your site and it was never disclosed that this transaction would
    ] incur a INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTION FEE. What the ####? I live in the US and I bought a game
    ] from the US... WHY DID I GET AN INTERNATIONAL FEE?
    ] > Received: Wed, May 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    ] > Subject: cl-support buyingproblem[DO NOT DELETE]
    ] > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ] > Dear Chris,
    ] >
    ] > Unfortunately, we are unable to see the foreign transaction fee in our system, because
    ] > this fee is notcharged by Oberon Media. On your statement, it may show Oberon Media as
    ] > charging this fee, but this is placed on there by your credit card/bank so that you can
    ] > associate the charge with your purchase from our company.
    ] >
    ] > Our payment provider is located in Cyprus, so this would explain why you are receiving
    ] > the charge. Please contact your bank for more details regarding this fee and they should
    ] > be able to clarify this fee for you.
    ] >
    ] > Thank you for contacting Oberon Media support.
    ] > Best regards,
    ] > Lindsay

Next I asked about a billing mishap wherein both my wife and I signed up for the 6.95 / 12mo accounts. Neither if us realized that we didn’t have to buy additional accounts to be able to buy more than 1 game per month (reading the fine print would have helped us in this situation. Here is that email:

] Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 3:27 PM
    ] Subject: New User Support Submission
    ] Ok this is kind of complicated to explain in email, but I’ll try my best. Both me and my
    ] wife (##NAMEDELETED##) have in advertently signed up for accounts, and in fact i think
    ] that she has signed up twice?!? I am trying to find out if there is anything that you can
    ] do to help us resolve the issue of having 3 separate charges monthly. I realize that this
    ] is kind of crazy, but how it happened was fairly simple. My wife made her first purchase
    ] by signing up. So she did it again on her next purchase. THEN I saw a game that i wanted
    ] and signed up .. again.. for a third time.
    ]
    ] Please let me know if there is anything that we can do about this??
    ] Thanks!
    ] Chris
    ] ##PHONEDELETED##

First Response:

] > Date: Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    ] > Subject: “Out of Office: New User Support Submission”
    ] > Dear Gamer, Thank you for submitting your inquiry; it has been received successfully and
    ] > a member of our support team will contact you within the next 48 hours. Please add
    ] > oberon-media.com to your address book to avoid any responses being filtered as spam.
    ] > Best Regards,
    ] > The Oberon Media Customer Support Team

Second Response:

] > Date: Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    ] > Subject: cl-support buyingproblem[DO NOT DELETE]
    ] > Dear Chris,
    ] >
    ] > I found only one membership joined under the e-mail ##EMAILADDRESSDELETED## on 5/5.
    ] >
    ] > Do you have a different e-mail address that we could check for you to see if there
    ] > exists another membership?
    ] > Best Regards,
    ] > Anke

• Hello,

This is Oberon media Customer Support; it seems that you have been experiencing some issues with your membership and your games but we would like to assist you.

Please send us an email at [email protected] for assistance on your issue and request your email to be handled by Rebecca K.

We hope to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Oberon Media Customer Support

• 1t
    1topkatkoolkat Feb 17, 2010

i bought 2 games from your company.. 1) mahjong garden delux and 2) word whomp underground... the 1st one played for awhile, now it's telling me to update my adobe player... i have and still it will not work... then, over the week-end i bought the second one, and it's doing the same... they both have cost me 40.00 dollars... there's a few more games i would like to purchase from you.. but, if i can not play the 2 i do have.. no way...
    i would like to know what i'm going to do... have any solutions to my problems... or, are you a scam operation??? it truly STINKS !!!
    my e-mail addy is: [email protected]
    i would like to have a reply to this e-mail... if not, then i will go to b.b.b. and then see if i can bring charges against your company...
    i'm disabiled... my pc is the only thing i have to keep me company during the day... i'm truly P.O.'ed...
    ellie

• Li
    ligustrum May 07, 2010

Okay, I now know that I was being stupid to agree to sign up for a two month membership with Oberon Media. You can get the same games from Amazon for much less. Regardless, I have gotten caught up in the trying to cancel my membership cycle. Everytime I hit the cancel membership buttom, a red triangle appears and says processing error! So, sure enough, I send several, several, emails to customer service stating that I have met my obligation and I would like to cancel my memberhip because I have met my obligation. All I get back is a reply stating that I will be billed $7.95 each month unless I cancel. We are waiting to hear from you. So...when I send my request back to cancel, guess what?, yep, the reply is you will be billed $7.95 each month unless I cancel. Hmm...something fishy? So it still continues in 2010.

ripptofff Jun 23, 2010

File a complaint through the FTC (under consumer protection) at www.ftc.gov. PLEASE!!!

oberon media
    One World Financial Center, 27th Fl., New York, NY [protected], United States
    [protected], [protected] fax, http://www.oberon-media.com

ripptofff Jun 23, 2010

File a complaint at ftc.gov (under consumer protection)

Oberon Media

One World Financial Center, 27th Fl., New York, NY [protected], United States
    [protected], [protected] fax, http://www.oberon-media.com

• Ed
    eddogs Jun 24, 2010

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THESE LIARS!!!Oberon is full of it! I have purchased hundreds of dollars worth of games from yahoo, I "HAD" every diner dash game there is not to mention about 14 others. I bought a new computer and wanted to get my games downloaded onto it, everytime I try to activate a license they try to charge me again and ask for credit card info again. I'm ticked off!! Yahoo won't help me. They said, "that's not their dept. anymore". I gave my money to Yahoo. It is their responsibility to deliver what I paid for. If they don't pay me for these games that I no longer have and can't get or activate my account for what i already paid, I'm taking them to small claims court. I'm sick of Oberon emailing me "we will be back to you in 24, 48, 72 hours, 7-10 days etc". Then they never get back to me! They say things like "I didn't understand your problem" which is BS. Or they will say things like "click activate and sign into yahoo" DUGH! like I don't know that????! When I do that, I get a credit card screen FOOL! That's not what's supposed to happen. I dealt with Yahoo games since 2007, but that's it, they can go straight to (you know where). And Oberon should be shut down because they are just dancing around the internet. I have 27 emails from them over 2 months time saying "we will get back to you".

eddogs

• Ed
    eddogs Jun 24, 2010

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN GOING WITH ME TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT IN MARYLAND PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THIS SITE.

NO ONE IS GOING TO RIP ME OFF FOR ALL THIS MONEY AND GET AWAY WITH IT! I HAVE NO PROBLEM PROCECUTING SOMEONE FOR FRAUD! THAT'S WHAT IT IS, FRAUD. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEY GIVE YOU NOTHING IN RETURN.

YAHOO USED TO BE GOOD FOR GAMES BUT NOW THEY SUCK!

eddogs

THANKS,

• Bm
    bmm123 Jun 25, 2010

I had a membership through Yahoo! games and was billed through Oberon Media. I downloaded the two games (one a month for two months) and when I tried to cancel my membership I looked all over online and there was no link, so I did the "contact us" and received no response by the time my third month came around. I ended up downloading one more game for month three. The very day that I downloaded that game I emailed them again and asked for instructions on how to cancel my membership. Two weeks later I had still not received a response. So I emailed again. Month four came around and they billed me again. So didn't download another game, and i replied to their email (the one they sent informing me I was billed for the fourth month) and told them they had 5 business days to take the charge off my card and respond to me, or I would file a dispute. I called their customer service number on the 5th day and was sent from one recording to another until eventually the line actually hung up on me. I never did officially cancel my membership because I never heard from them, and not matter how hard I looked there was nothing online at the time to tell me how. The only reason they stopped billing me is because I called my credit card company and filed the dispute and told them to reject any new attempts to charge my credit card from that company.

• Ro
    rozebudd_78 Jun 27, 2010

I have the same problem. I am being billed $6.95 a month for a membership that I never signed up for. My bank statement only says something like Oberon-Media game something. I do not play online games and the only games I have ever bought were from Yahoo and I used an account that I had back then. That account was closed. Now my current account at a different bank is being attacked. I went to the link that Ripley7700 posted and it says that I can cancel my account but it will cost me an addition $55.60 to do so. It says that if I click on cancel membership my account will be charged this amount and I will be sent a link to download 8 free games. NO WAY. I have read about the problems people are having with their "free" games and I am not about to fall for that. I sent them an email address, letting them know that I have spoken to a lawyer and already have the legal process ready to be filed if they do not fix this problem in the next 24 hours. Also I am willing to start a petition to have the company refund all money stolen from people that did not authorize them to take money or for people that are being billed and are unable to use the service they are paying for. I will let you know if/when I start this petition so anyone can sign it. Now lets see if this gets their attention.

• Dl
    DL-Tracy Jul 13, 2010

CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION with OBERON-MEDIA: first you have to click on Yahoo!Games and sign in -- once signed in, there should be a link to "My Account", and there another link for cancelling membership -- once you click on the link to cancel, it will let you know how many more months you have left in the membership and it will show the amount you will have to pay to cancel (which is the amount of your monthly subscription fee multiplied by the number of months left in your subscription). For example: I have 2 months left, my monthly fee has been 6.95, so to cancel I would have to pay 13.90 -- obviously, I will wait till my subsription runs out and get 2 more games instead of paying now for nothing!