Having problems with Oberon Media?

Complaints & Reviews

key registration

I bought a game, text twist, 6 or 7 yrs ago, and was trying to put my registration key in, on a new computer, which didn't work. I copied and pasted the exact information they gave me 5 yrs ago and still didn't work I have contacted Oberon several times and they keep saying they can't help me, they have no listing of my purchase...even when I sent proof of purchase, and key number that they gave me. Naturally there's no number to call them and they keep sending me the same form letter! I've never had so much trouble with a support group before and would never buy a game from them again.

• Cu
    Customer Support - Oberon Media Dec 02, 2009

Hello,

This is Oberon Media Customer Support; it appears you are having trouble retrieving the necessary information to register your game again.

I would like to help you but in order for me to assist you, please email me at [email protected] and enter the subject line as " To Rebecca K."

• Ro
    ronald paul Apr 03, 2010

I have recently signed up with my credit card and programme to download games of my choice. how ever i have found that my home computer has an excess of usuage data, being chatrged to me and i am connected to activ8.net.au. My account at home is being charged instead of this one that is connected to ADSL2. Could you please advise me of what to do to repair this problem. My activ8 address is [email protected] activ8.net.au and my normal address is [email protected]/com/au my home phone number is 0407296181 Thankyou

• Hello,

This is Oberon Media Customer Support.

I would like to help you but in order for me to assist you, please email me at [email protected] with a clear explanation of the issue you are experiencing.

• Sh
    Sherita Babridge Jun 29, 2010

I'm a game member, but I have'nt been able to access my game since I've been upgraded to windows 7. I would like to replace rise of atlantis for slingo egyptian, my account number is 211408384, please help I'm paying but not playing.

• Sh
    Sherita Babridge Jun 29, 2010

I have a new phone number also 313-469-7410, my problem is I can't the game I pay for, so I'd like to switch to a game that I play with windows 7

• Ge
    geraldine hernandez Aug 25, 2010

Please email me the key number for casino island. the number i have does not work. I hope this is not aproblem in the future.

• Ph
    Phillinjipped Oct 18, 2010

This company is F O S. I have been charged 9.99 a month by them for several months without my permission. Their Tech support is only via email. By the time you finish with all of the correspondences another month has past and another unautorized withdrawl is removed from your credit card. I want to cancel my membership and my money refunded. I cant make it any more simple as that.Why is that so hard to understand? Please beware of this company. They will rip you off.

• Cu
    Customer Support - Oberon Media Oct 18, 2010

Hello Phillinjipped,

This is Oberon Media Customer Support.

I would like to help you close your account but in order for me to assist you, please email me at [email protected] and add "complaintsboard.com" in the subject line or please add your full name or email address so we can contact you.

Fraudulant charges

For everyone that has been taken by Oberon. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs against Oberon Media, Inc. I too have been ripped off by this company for over $47.00 and I just want my money back.
I will gather all of these complaints from this site and from others for evidence and if anyone would like to add something else such as the amount stolen, etc., please just let me know.
The information for Oberon Media, Inc is: Oberon Media, Inc. (Corporate Office) New York, One World Financial Center, 27th Floor, New York, NY 10281
phone:[protected]
fax: [protected]

If you call, you will probably get a recording, if you do, dial zero for the operator and demand to speak to someone in charge, i.e. the president, vice president, etc.. Don't let them send you to customer service because that is who your problem is with.
If they refuse to help, let them know that a complaint will be filed with the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and then do it.

Even though these dollar amounts are not big, it is the principle and we the people need to start sending a message to these big companies. If the Department of Consumer Affairs receive enough complaints, then this company could be shut down. If we tie up the companies phone lines with complaints, maybe they will respond in kind.

• Si
    Sign me up Jan 29, 2010

Not only have they been taking 9.95 out of my account AND by the way, I did this through Yahoo, someone there used my password and got into my Paypal account through Ebay.
    The only 2 places I have used the same password. (Yahoo and Paypal) It is a GBP conversion in regards to money.
    I never signed up for a membership and can't get them to stop since they "don't recognize" me.
    I called yahoo and I believe that they are a part of Oberon due to the fact that the cust service guy told me that I have to deal with them even though he knew the whole story.
    now I do not trust Yahoo as well.

• Ib
    Ibanezer Feb 22, 2010

I am in the same boat as everyone else they charge for games and either dont let you unlock them or download them either. I just want a refund.

• Bw
    Bwezzel Mar 05, 2010

i have been having problems with this companys wedsite for the past 6 months they will not let me cancel my account.. i am fed up with them i also just want my money back.. please let me know how i can help or how an if you can help me

• Jt
    jtred Apr 20, 2010

I also have been ripped off by this company. $41.94 so far. They tell me to purchase a game at full price, then they will refund my $6.95 monthly fees. Well, I did that, now they refuse to refund. So I have been now charged $41.94 monthly fees (still occuring) and $19.99 for a game download. Something needs done about this company!

• Ed
    Ed in Delaware Jun 28, 2010

Same complaint as others. Not only can't I download free games "Processing error", they charge for games not ordered or received. When the class action lawsuit gets started I want in. If anyone knows how to harass MSN for backing this scam, I'd appreciate the information.

• Lo
    Lorraine Archambault Feb 18, 2013

I keep being charged monthly6.95 US, very difficult to cancel, it's robbery, I want my money back, how do I go about it
    Lorraine

Doesn't work

I recieved my CD with Super Text Twist with the Product key on the front of the CD. I installed it on my computer and when it ask for the product key I input the code just as it was on the CD. It rejected the product key!! I paid my money and got nothing for it. Thanks alot Oberon!!!

Scam

I recently purchased a game online through this company . I was billed but the registration code given to activate the game doesn't work. I was confirmed by email that I was billed for the purchase.Ive tried to replying to the company, they responded saying basically nothing just give it 24 hours . I did this still nothing. I dont even have a number to call to try to discuss this situation. Ive read online that Im not along in this, many others are having the same problem and say its a rip off and a scam.

Unable to cancel

I am being charged for a memebership to a game site. I thought I cancelled this months ago. When I go onto...

games

Having problems cancelling your Oberon/Yahoo game subscription because they are all eager to take your money but don't allow you any easy way to cancel? I emailed Yahoo and was told it was an Oberon issue. I emailed Oberon through their contact sites 4 times with not one response. Finally after being billed in excess of what I agree to do and about 2 weeks of searching, I found out how to do this. I am so pissed at the company, I am sharing it. I understand that this info has been posted on other web sites and then removed by Yahoo. Who cares, here it is:

I also had problems here is how to cancel..
Once you are logged in:

1. Go to Yahoo! Games
2. Click on the "More Info/Buy now" link of any downloadable game
3. Click on the "Buy Full Version" link

4. Please click on the Y! Games subscription FAQ to access the cancel link.

• Ju
    julia z Jun 05, 2009

Thank you so much for posting this! I had the same problem. I can't believe Yahoo would associate themselves with such sketchy practices. Also, for those of you who don't know, you'll get charged an international point of sale fee by your bank for using Oberon, as the transaction is placed in Cyprus. SKETCHY!

• Ng
    ngel11 Aug 17, 2009

I can not beleive that they do business like this. I wish i would of came across your comments sooner. I was just trying to cancel membership and you were the only one with the helpful answer. They still took $80. from my credit card. I emailed them because i get an error message from cancelling membership link. They just make it as hard as possible just so that they can run with your money. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!

chennai102 Aug 28, 2009

It is time YAHOO stopped its association wtih Oberon.
    It is time Yahoo sets up a

1. Games Purchase Complaints Board In Yahoo Games Page .
    2. Recieve all complaints
    3. Resolve them immediately
    4. Write to all those who bought a game in the last one year and seek if there are any complaints. Resolve them too.

FINALLY dissociate from Oberon

• Th
    ThatKat Nov 20, 2009

Thank you SO much for posting the cancellation steps. I've been looking for about an hour now on the yahoo site for a way to cancel my membership and I was just furious that I couldn't find anything in yahoo help. I did a search and I found a couple of postings on yahoo from people asking how to cancel their membership, but when I followed the link all of those posts were deleted. Sketchy!

Cancelling Membership

I paid for a membership to MSN games thru Oberon-Media so that I could purchase games for $9.95. My agreement was for 2 months after which time I could cancel. I have purchased my 2 games and have sent a cancellation notice for 3 months with no response from the company. I have been charged for 3 months worth of games that I have never downloaded and my credit card company has removed the charges because I am contesting the charges. If I can ever get this issue resolved I will tell everyone I know never to purchase any games from this company. I sure do not know why MSN would ever be working with Oberon-Media. If anyone has an address or phone# or any ideas as to how to get in contact with these people, please let me know.

• Ly
    lynn ford Jul 24, 2009

I would also like to cancell my membership but Oberon doen not inform you what you need to do to cancell or to whom you should contact.

• Sp
    spence167 Aug 17, 2009

I have also tried to cancel my membership but every time I go to login or contact us the page says navigation cancelled or it asks me to refresh the page. This company is corrupt and needs investigating!!

madgamer Oct 24, 2009

I also ended up with a subscription that I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR and got charged for. This is the most fraudulant company I have ever done business with and does need investigating. they are targeting children with this fraud. The thing that worked for me was to contact my bank and have the charges reversed and let the bank know that this was a fraudulant charge. If enough people complain to their banks the word will get out that this company is stealing from their customers. good luck and don't do business with this horrible, slimey company.

• Le
    Leslie Leeds Jul 29, 2011

I too have had great difficulty trying to download my free games that charges on my credit card show. I signed up for 6 months @$6.95 and they still keep charging me every month. Emails from Oberon Media say I can download my free game by going to MSN downloads. No luck with that either. Some games I have already purchased have issues that have not been resolved by them. ie. the games do not work after a certain point has been reached. There is no solution to this problem even after contacting them. Leslie Leeds, Collingwood On.

• Da
    Dadman Nov 09, 2013

I have just realized my 2 month subscription to this oberon mob have been going on for 2 1/2 years & I'm not happy Jan! & I cannot get to them to cancel it.

Cancellation problems

I was on Best BUY web site and was offered a chance to buy reduced games. I started to enroll and I changed...

bogus registration keys

During Pogo.com's downloadable game weekend sale, I purchased 2 Oberon-media games but when I received...

Unauthorized/Unannounced Fees

I purchased a 12-month subscription at $6.95/mo, so with tax the total was $7.30. I noticed along with this am0unt on my statement, there was a $0.06 charge for International Transfer Fee. I wrote them about it and they said that the fee was because their payment center is in Cyprus. They did not tell me about this or that there would be an additional fee. Also, I paid in US dollars, so there should be no fee. Oberon should be responsible for this fee since they opted to ship jobs overseas. I have filed a complaint with the FTC as well.

• In
    Inez Williams Aug 04, 2011

This is funny, filing a complaint about the scamers with the scamers

rip off

oberon media would be the most ignorant and in efficient company that I have ever dealt with. I have been trying for weeks to get the issue of a double billing resolved. One minute there is no record of it the next is pick a new game and we will send you the reg no for another game. I have done that so many times back and forth I am sick of it. They can keep the bloody money if they are that desperate. I went to cancel my game saver ans suddenly I don't exist in there records even though I have bought a lot of games from them. Looks like I have to cancel my credit card. Bunch of crooks. My advice DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM. Get spintop games. redgypysy

• Mo
    mommajennyt Feb 16, 2009

I have been trying for 2 days to find a way of cancelling games subscriptions (I have fulfilled my original commitments) which I subscribed through Yahoo Games and MSN Games. There is absolutely no information on how to unsubscribe. It is disgusting and is a bad indictment on the reputations of both MSN and Yahoo, not to mention Oberon Media (disguised as GameSaver Subscription Internet CYP). I have resorted to lodging a dispute with my Credit Card provider. Don't get sucked in to these special deals unless you want to pay forever!!

• Ca
    Carolanne Mar 14, 2009

Yes, I am going through the same thing. Their so-called Membership is a scam and I have just finally received a reply that along with my $7.95 monthly game purchase, I am also charged an additional $7.95 monthly membership fee which they have been scamming me every month. They are hoping that people do not check their credit card statements for such a low amount but I do. Now I am owed 2 games and I can no longer get into my account. I have also noticed that most games eventually end up being Oberon. I'm going to write the headquarters in NYC. IT'S AN ABSOLUTE RIP-OFF!

• Bl
    BlueLady Mar 17, 2009

I was mislead to believe I was purchasing a CD game which I never received! Now not only did I discover that Oberon has been charging my credit card a monthly $6.95 charge for the last six months, but they are refusing to discontinue the charges! This is not over Oberon! BlueLady

Christina Mar 28, 2009

I had downloaded a free trial of Dream Day first home and decided I liked it and ordered the cd. When I ordered the game they let me download the full version untill the cd was mailed. Anyway by the time the cd was delivered, I beat the game and did not mess with the cd. Well a year later I had deleted the game from my computer and wanted to reinstall and play. Well everytime I try to install the game the stupid thing tries to give me a trojan Win 32 virus! It does not make any sense to me. I think that the cd is defective! After I delete the virus I still can't play the game because it is missing some shortcut! I will never by another game from them!

Maureen Hechler Apr 03, 2009

Can someone, anyone, tell me how to cancel games through Oberon? What a nightmare. Does anyone know where they are located? E-mailed them, no response. DON't use this company.

• Pe
    Peaches Apr 20, 2009

Here are numbers ive got searching for them. I hope this will help. Im here cause im also having issues with a game i brought lastnite. No Key was sent to my email

New York (Corporate Headquarters)
    One World Financial Center, 27th floor, New York, NY 10281
    Phone: (646) 367-2020
    Fax: (212) 221-9240 This is there corporate office in the U.S. they have had so many complaints lodged against them you can not contact them by number for support only there corporate office. 1-877-721-3537

• Le
    Leehal7 Apr 22, 2009

I too have a big problem. I ordered Scrabble Blast but the registration number they gave me to access the game was wrong and have not been able to contact anyone. I tried the 1-877-721-3537 but it's not in service. The 646 area code number gave me some options. Will try that before I call the BBB.

• Al
    Alex May 06, 2009

How annoying, I have only just realised that this company have been deducting money from my account for months now. I don't even remember using this game site and cannot log in to their site, and they conveniently have no good way to contact them or log a complaint on thei website. How can they get away with this??

• Ti
    Tired of it Jun 18, 2009

Please lodge a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission @ www.FTC.Gov. This is a huge agency but the more complaints they receive, the faster they will make an effort to stop this. I have been to site after site of people having the same issue we are and it just isn't fair. You may also want to contact your local TV consumer reporters. They love this kind of story especially when the economy is as screwy as it is and they can usually get results quickly. Good luck and don't give up. That is what they are hoping for. Why make millionares out of scam artists.

cannot get games bought

I purchased 2 games from Oberon Media when I lived in another state. After moving, I had to get another computer, my email also changed. I was not able to download the games to my new computer, using the key code previously received.

When I contacted the company through email with the exact specifics, I only got the reply your email address does not match our records. They never read the entire email with my confirmation codes and purchase receipt attached.

If you ever purchase from them, get the disk, the download only may leave you as me; paid for games, but no games to play!

I will never purchase from them again as their customer service is non existent.

• De
    Debbie D Feb 08, 2009

I have been trying to get my two free games for almost six weeks. Dead end after dead end. I have emailed Oberon Media; I have emailed MSN. No help. They tell you that you must contact them by email. They will not provide a telephone number. So I am stuck with a monthly charge and no games. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE MONTHLY GAMES ON MSN GAMES PAGE.

• Te
    terrible t Jul 22, 2009

I purchased Agatha Christie Mystery pack and had computer trouble at the time, a few days later, I'm trying to download it and they tell me I already downloaded...try to reach them to get my game, no luck! Now after reading all this complaints I'm wondering if I ever going to get my game...how about the next month...

• Mo
    monika vulcz Dec 14, 2010

I GOT PI NY AND I CAN'T PLAY I NAVE THAT BIG BROWN BOX WITH WORD LOADING AND I CAN'T DUE NOTHING ABOUT LAST WEEK I ASK FOR HELP AND NOTHING, FIX MY GAME THAT I PAY FOR IT OR GIVE ME BACK MY $$$$$ MONIKA

game registration

I recently tried to purchase the game Text Twist online with my credit card. I recieved an error that I...

Charged for CD but not delivered

Apparently I'm not alone based on the complaints I found on the Internet. It's very simple, on May 20, 2008, I purchased a CD of the Oberon Media game called "Big City Adventure-San Francisco. I was charged but it has never been delivered. I have emailed their customer service many times, with responses of all false promises such as "we're having problems with our CDs..." or someone will get back to you within 12 days. They don't even respond to my emails anymore.

Thanks for listening.
Vicki

• Di
    DISGUSTED Jan 02, 2009

I PURCHASED 2 DIFFERENT GAMES FROM 2 DIFFERENT STORES ONE GAME IS DREAM DAY DUO WITH DREAM DAY WEDDING AND DREAM DAY HONEYMOON. THE OTHER GAME IS WOMEN'S MURDER CLUB. THEY BOTH DO THE SAME THING AFTER I INSTALL THEM AND CLICK FINISH IT GOES TO THE WORD PAD AND THAT'S ALL I CAN GET. I HAVE SENT SEVERAL E-MAILS TO THEIR SUPPORT ADDRESS AND SOMETIMES I GET A RESPONSE AND SOMETIMES I DON'T . THEY ASK FOR THE SAME INFORMATION THAT I HAVE SENT THEM SEVERAL TIMES. NOW THEY WANT ME TO MAIL THE GAME S TO THEM SO THEY CAN SEND ME THE KEY #. I'M NOT REALLY SURE IF I SHOULD DO THIS, BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE MY GAMES AND I'LL END UP WITH NOTHING.

purchasing games issues

I attempted to purchase a game from the MSN site (which is handled by Oberon-Media) and received an error...

Billing

I purchased 6 games from MSN games online who apparently has paired with Oberon Media. I was billed...

Bad service

After the sale service. I have e-mailed 2 times and called once, as of this date i have received nothing but...