[Resolved] Nutrisystemripped me off

N Review updated:

I wanted to send the food back called customer service they gave me a return number and then gave me a bogus address in Kansas City Kansas and not the right address box is lost now and no one can find it Nutrisystem says they cant even tell me if they have it if I give them my return number! They say they have no address for returns where I was told to send it and I am out 299.00 plus 25.00 shipping! USPS has not been that much help but they are trying to find out what happened to the box that weighed 75 pds and had my return address on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
food was terrible to much salt almost made me passout everytime I ate it so I couldnt eat it!Buyer beware dont send Nutisystem back only UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RESOLVED

• NutriSystem's response · Jun 22, 2016

Hello Dennis,
    Thank you for providing this feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience cancelling the program. We share your concern and would like to look into this further. At your next available convenience, please reach out to us at [email protected]
    A name, email address, or phone number would allow us to review your account. We look forward to hearing from you!
    Sincerely,
    The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Sher Volturno Feb 13, 2008

I agree about the salt intake. I was only on it 2 days and the salt made my blood pressure sky high. I did speak with a very nice lady at Nutrasystem and she said send all back and will refund and free shipping to them. That I was happy about.

• De
    Denise Mar 04, 2008

I just signed up for Nutrisystem last week and received my food very quickly. I went away for the weekend and decided to start the program when I returned. So Monday I started and so far I really dislike most of the food. The food is cardboard like and does not heat up the way it should. Example... Followed microwave directions for Broccoli/Cheddar soup and after 15 minutes there was still dry pockets of soup in there. Horrible. But I did talk with a very nice representative who is cancelling my auto delivery program immediately. I am going to finish everything that I have for the 28 day program, but in the future will do better research before signing up for something like this.

• Za
    zack cody Apr 10, 2008

This is just garbage food sold at a cafeteria food service monthly price, anyone with a normal IQ and has no weight loss issue would be able to recognize this. As to vast majority fat people, the company use their impatience and desperate minds to rip a lotta money off them, it's understandable, when you are desperate, you become stupid, but people, never let this happen again, use your brain, and STAY CALM, focus and make a rational conclusion about what you are doing that might cause you a lifetime regret.

Think how much money they riped off of you, 30 dollars value food sold at 300 dollars price, they don't have to worry about their poor quality commodity, the profit is 1000%, they only need to make one successful sale out of 10 potential customers, now you can see why the scam business is still going on.

People, stop the crazyness, please.

Maga Aug 12, 2008

It's a shame that these industries are taking advantage of people who feel desperate to loose the weight fast. There should be more programs out there teaching those who are overweight how to properly prepare their meals. I've tried it myself...not these diets, but eating low cal frozen foods. I gave it up quick, because of all the sodium.

If more people take the time to prepare their meals, they will begin to have a healthier relationship with food. You are in charge of what goes into your bodies, not those multi-billion dollar companies. Take that to the bank!!!

• Je
    jean williams Sep 10, 2008

I started to subscribe about two months ago and realized that I could not afford to purchase at that time.

I canceled at that moment before the order was complete. I could sense that the person whom I spoke with

did not want to loose this order but I simply could not afford this at that time. I promised to order when

my finances were a little better. I received this $293 dollar order today despite the cancellation. This

sent my bank account into an overdraft. Please remove all information on me from your system. This

must not happen again. I will order when I am ready. This should not have happened.

I am Jean Williams at 129 Rita Court, Jackson, Ms 39213.

• Af
    A former employee Sep 17, 2008

I just finished temping as a worker in the Nutrisystem warehouse. My job was to secure all the foods in the shipping trays the products come in, place them in the shipping boxes, and seal them up to go off on the trucks. Seeing what the customers pay for what they are getting seems like an out and out crime. The average payment was $297 for a few weeks of food, sometimes with "one week free, " which comes in this measly little box that can't weigh more than 2-3 pounds tops. Sadly, other customers are paying even more for the "chocolate lovers" box, which after seeing the kind of crap Nutrisystem sells, seems like an even bigger ripoff.

For those of you who don't know, all these foods are prepackaged and need no refrigeration. How anyone could consider the chicken patties or "hamburgers" as those specific things is beyond me. If you're ordering things like chips, some of the candy bars, and most of all the biscotti, prepare to see many of these products broken. The handlers packing the shipping trays are doing it at a fast rate, and these fragile items get tossed around without much care. When they got to my point in the shipping process, I was appalled to see just how many items were already damaged. Part of my job was to put little air bubble fillers around the products to protect them from being crushed, but a lot of the time it was to for some of the things due to the handling of the prior shipping team.

My word of advice is to just save your money, people. You won't be happy with the food you get. I've never tasted it myself, but as a person who could stand to lose weight as well, I wouldn't spend two cents on any of the cheap crap Nutrisystem sells. I actually found myself caring about these strangers I didn't even know ordering this junk as I packaged up their stuff. There are a few people down there who care, but most of the employees in the warehouse are basically kids in their late teens/early twenties just trying to make a buck. I found myself in order after order packaging up the items the way they should have been correctly packaged and finding myself doing double duties because the team before ours was in too much of a hurry to care about their own work.

In a nutshell, there are tons of better ways to lose weight than to give these guys your money.

• Da
    Dandy DaN Oct 19, 2008

Food was awful, high is salt, diet was totally ineffective. THis is it -- I will never by anything advertsised on TV only. What a rip

Marie Oct 20, 2008

Being single I am used to eat frozen dinners. I ordered Nutrisystem, and there was a few things I was not happy about and then I cancelled.
    1. I have 2 food issues - no major allergies, just some tolerent issues. I can not really eat peanuts and if I eat to much tomatoes my ecsema flears up. When I order I made sure I do not order any peanuts and just a few tomatoe products. When it showed up, my food was exchange (they do say that they can do it for supply reasons) and I received 10 snacks with peanuts. Then when I start to eat the food, I realize most food have a tomatoe base sause. Even food you would not expect to have tomatoes.
    2. Being single I am used to eat frozen dinners, but these are the worst! All the meals swim in sause. I would say the meals are like soup. You need to eat the meals with a spoon.

When I called the Nutrisystem regarding the exchange, they was not helpful and the problem was not solve. Needless to say that I gave the peanut products away and had to stop eating the food, because I was itching all over because of to much tomatoes!

I would NOT recommend Nutrysystem to any one!

shelley davis Nov 14, 2008

I hated the nutrasystems product after 3 days. I returned their product with the "money back gaurantee". They claimed that they never recieved it! I put all the information that I had recieved from them in the box, used the address provided by them. They claim to have never recieved my box! There is no one to contact in the warehouse, there is no help on the phone. They claim it couldn't be at their warehouse because it would have been checked in. I know that I didn't get it back, despite my home address on the inside several times and on the box. I have been disputing them for over 5 months. They just keep on providing their proof of delivery. This is a very dishonest company. I wish I would have found out about others having trouble with this company before I ordered. It is a shame that this company is allowed to stay in business!

• Do
    Don't Do It!!!!! Mar 31, 2009

Very disappointed. Myself, My Staff, and My Husband all joined Nutrisystem.
    Each one of us could not make it past the fourth day. Whe we opened the boxes most of the food was dehryated. And Shelf products. I must say we were amazed. Then we tried it. It truly was unpalatiable. We could not believe all these celebs were advertising this. How much are they paid to lie? The sodium was unbelieveable. In the morning my fingers were swolen like sausages.
    The eggs dehrydated were something else they swelled in the micro. I had my son take them to school for a science experement. Discusting. The customer service is not at all accodimating either. They will not return my money after I followed there protocol.

• Ke
    kellijanesmith May 26, 2009

I just got my first order, and I was stunned that stuff like the pizza was "shelf" food... and not frozen. I had expected it to be small frozen pizzas. I wonder if their deal with Schwanns makes them send some pizza as frozen and some as the shelf kind? I'm not sure, but I'm a little confused. I will try it for a bit just to see if there are any foods I feel that might be healthy, but I'm not feeling too confident right now. I just had one of the "shelf" flatbread pizzas (I'm vegetarian so it's just the flatbread, a sauce and this cheese that comes in a white packet, but isn't refridgerated - I didn't know that kind of cheese didn't need refridgeration of any kind???). The first thing I thought when I bit down was... wow... that's salty. I'm sure they have to put salt in there for preservation and to help bring the flavors out of this shelf type food... but this seemed really salty for a pizza. I like a simple thin crust, real tomatos, and mozzarella cheese... and this just seemed like a bunch of fake food. I'm bummed. I LOVE the convenience of these types of programs... but not sure it's going to be for me. I'll bookmark and come back and post again in a week or so.

• Da
    Dabyrd Jun 13, 2009

don't know how people can say that they loved Nutrisystem. I too lost weight. But it was from not eating. I tried the system for approximately ten days and lost the same. Ilost because the food tasted horribly and I couldn't eat anything. I maybe found five food items in those ten days that were edible. The rest I had to throw away a majority of the meal. Then when I went to cancel, they still pulled the money from my account stating the the cancel order never went through even though I conveniently had a code they give you to return the food items, which I gladly paid forty dollars of shipping to get it out of my house. It's been two months and I still have received my refund. Mary, the woman I placed my order with, never informed me there would be a cancellation fee, and Angela Wolfolk said that they would have to listen to a recording of Mary's and my conversation to make sure that she hadn't warned me of the cancellation penalty. Four unreturned calls to supervisor, Angela Wolfolk, and I still have no money for their mistake of pulling money from my account after I had cancelled or my mistake of ordering in the first place and having to return horrible tasting food. Nutrisystem future clients, BEWARE!!!

• Un
    UnkCom Jul 05, 2009

My wife and I both have been on the system and are now in our fourth order. While the food is not all that bad we have found that NutriSystem has begun to make many substitutions. I found that by cooking the eggs in a fry pan with some red onions and a little pepper, then eating them in a whole wheat tortilla made them palitable, they have now discontinued them (which they failed to notify me (or any other customer that I know)). Instead I get 7 Cinnamon Swirl Granola Bars. If I were to purchase the eggs as an a la carte item it would be $3.00 the bars $2.25. I don't mind the Egg Frittata and had I had my choice I would have substituted those (but I didn't have a choice). Last order, prior to shipping" my wife and I moved. I updated the address online but the order was shipped to my old address. Fortunately we were still moving stuff from the old house and we were able to pick up the 2 boxes. I called to make sure that NutriSystem did in fact have my new address and they did. Not sure why they shipped to my old address. After unpackaging the order I found that I was short a dinner. I called and spoke to someone in India and they assured me that a replacement would be sent right out. I got an email confirmation and noticed that the address was incorrect. I called and spoke to someone in customer service who told me to allow 2 weeks from the ship date. After the two weeks when I still hadn't received the dinner I call once again. I spoke to a customer service rep who advised that they would ship again and also confirmed that they had the correct address. I got the email confirmation and the meal was mailed to the old address once again.
    The long and the short of it is this: While NutriSystem started out fine, sent the items we ordered, they have begun to make more and more substitutions of unlike items and can't seem to get their shipping streight. While both of us have lost weight the aggrivation of having to contact them continuously and not get the items that we ordered (and are able to eat) has made it not worth while.
    I would not recommend NutriSystem because of the reasons stated above and if after you read this you decide to give them a try, don't me disappointed when they make substitutions that you don't like and when they short orders and don't make good on the shortages.

• AngelaE8654 Jul 13, 2009

Okay, I don't really understand why people would use Nutrisystem instead of simply buying either the frozen dinners (most of those range from 280 calories - 330 calories) or using the "shelf stable" dinners that heat up in 2 minutes. If Nutrisystems products are also high in sodium then WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE??

I think about this EVERY time I see one of the Nutrisystem commercials on TV. Why are people throwing their money away in this manner?

• Di
    diamunz Jul 26, 2009

"Totally stunned."

After thinking about Nutrisystem, for a quick fix up, I did some research BEFORE going to the site to order. Let me tell you, I was going to order today.

Now I have to say how RELIEVED I am that I didnt. After reading all these consumers complaints, how are they still in business?

I am so thankfull for sites like these, so we can all learn from the unfortunate mistakes of others being ripped off and treating VERY badly.

Not only here, but if you go to consumeraffairs.com and type in Nutrisystem there, you will be floored.

People have been overcharged, ignored, yelled at, lied to, and been substituting powered food for other foods. These are probably the foods that many are sending back to them and they need to get rid of them. Now if you go to Ebay, and see all these auctions for food from them, why do you think that is? More than a few have complained about symtoms that compare to a stomach flu.

These people are from all over the state and Canada. They do not know each other, it is not a conspiracy against Nutri-System, but you can believe it is the truth.

I hope everyone who contemplates ever even looking at their website do the research first.

As far as the celebrities who are on the comercials? How do you think customer support is for them? Do you think they even pay for this? No way. Im sure not only do they get if for free, they are also paid a very nice salary. You can bet they have their lawyers making the deals, not them.

Nutri system BUYER BEWARE, please do your research first, then make your decision.

• Nu
    NutrisystemSucks Jul 29, 2009

The Nutrisystem customer service was rude and lied to me. They said they would issue a credit for a shipment I returned, then when I called a week later they said they still hadn't issued the credit. Now they say it will take another week (after they electronically made the credit.) I called my bank and they said if the credit had been done when they said, it would be in my account by now.

NUTRISYSTEM LIES, LIES, LIES!!! Awful food - not delicious, bad customer service - not good customer service. Marie Osmond is a liar!

• Ro
    Ron Gene Oct 08, 2009

Wow I just read a comment about the disappointed of Nutry system. I have been doing a lot a research about ways to loose weight and I found this as my first choice, because of the delivery of food at restaurant-style cuisine (breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert) this is the most I like because in all the times I tryed to loose way, I don't have time to think in cooking, and sometimes I'm just very hungry that I ending eating junk food.

But after read all this comments there is no chance to invest money in more junk food! I will like to know a good advice to loose weight

• Mw
    MWL Dec 31, 2009

Advertises complete diet - not so, you have to buy a bunch of food to go with what they send
    Advertises buy 3 weeks and get 4th week free. After purchase you learn the free week only comes in 2nd month and if you sign up for auto ship. If you cancel after first month's shipment, you get charged back the free week. So you only get a free week with the purchase of 7 weeks, not 3 weeks!
    Some of the food is eatable, most is crappy and uneatable.
    Can't cancel except by phone - called and cancelled, then got email said next auto ship in 4 days. Chat online, what's deal- acknowledged my call to cancel but said call terminated before confirmation number given, so I'd have to call back again. I ask them to cancel - they said contract only provides cancellation by phone, and email and online will not be accepted.

• Do
    don't trust em Feb 11, 2010

i just canceled my order and i'm glad i did. I paid close to $400 CANADAIAN for food. I was told when i signed up that it would be $319.90 well, what she forgot to tell me was it was in AMERICAN dollars, to cover the mistake up it took almost a month to talk to a supervisor and after that they were will to give me $25.00 off coupon. oh wow great idea i thought what about the money i was out in the first place? nope not going to do that again too bad too.

• Ns
    NS ripoff May 03, 2010

Hey all!
    Nutrisystem is not new to me. I did it a couple of years back lost some 8-10 lbs. Gained it back in less than a year. Gained some more... and now started the program again.
    I have lost 7 lbs, and I am in my 4th week. For some reason I didn't realize that if I cancel my auto-shipping order after I placed only order with them, they charge you an additional 52 USD. So, now not only did I pay full price for my order that is equivalent to the one time order... but I also feel cheated about the fact that I was not informed about this clause... I told them I had good reasons to stop receiving the next order and had to cancel... they said.. oh we understand.. its all good... you just have to pay 52 dollars extra now!!!
    What a bunch of ###!!!
    Mis informing customers... I should have known them better because of my past experience with them.
    And yeah I read someone talk about food swimming in tomato based sauces... they are disgusting... really... its sad that I chose to eat all of this disgusting food and paid a fortune for it... whereas I could just have utilized my free gym membership, found some motivation and lost the 7 lbs... instead of having to pay so much for it and going through the misery... It's not worth it guys...
    The one good thing that has come out of it is... I have trained my mind and my eating habits: to eat small portions of meal over 4-5 times a day and eating lots of salads before eating the main course... It has helped me disciplining my eating habits...
    But really, you don't need to pay through your nose to do this... all of us who are ranting about how nutrisystem is a rip off are not idiots or don't enjoy talking bad about NS... there is a reason we all are so pissed!!!

• Bh
    BHoward58 Aug 18, 2010

I tried Nutrisystem too and thought the diarrhea and nausea was caused by something else now I am sure it is their "food", if you can call it that. The $50.00 charge for canceling the 2nd shipment is ridiculous but cheaper than continuing with it ( the customer service said they would waive the fee if I took a 2nd shipment- let's see pay $369.00 or $52.00 that's how bright they are) Also don't let them transfer you to someone to take your cancelation - any operator can do it if you pressure them. The operator I talked with said" let me transfer you" I said "No, you cancel the order - give me a cancellation number and a confirming email- don't put me on hold or transfer me" after a moment of silence she complied and I got a number an an email. The food is awful, the price is outrageous and the service is abominable.. I am either tossing this food rather than returning it after reading all of the complaints and problems with getting a refund. It's just not worth the aggravation. Or I may save it and give to friends who are thinking about trying Nutrisystem- one meal is all it will take to change their mind.
    Moral- cook for yourself - control portions- eat less- move more.

• Ac
    accord Feb 20, 2011

I lasted two weeks on Nutri System. The food was awful. I couldn't order any of the frozen choices because they don't let you pick and choose and many have peppers in them which I can't eat and wasn't going to pay for. I didn't lose any weight and was starving. I called to complain and the guy asked how much exercise I do - and I said everyday and he said that might be the problem. Can you believe that? Too much exercising is the reason I wasn't losing weight? Yeah, right!
    Then I got sick with what I thought was the stomach flu but I'll never know for sure if it was that or the NS food. I had such horrible diarrhea that I had to go to the doctors when the prescription meds didn't work. I had to go on an all liquid diet for 2 days.
    The whole experience was awful. The food was horrible and I didn't lose weight.
    I would not recommend NutriSystem to anyone.

• LeonardE357 Jul 19, 2011

I agree on that.

• Pj
    pjohn7 Jul 27, 2012

I received my first Nutri system shipment on time and I ate NutriSystem food for 15-18 days but did not see any difference in weight-lose. I was VERY MUCH much disappointed with the quality of NutriSystem food, I never felt like eating food. So I decided to cancel the NutriSystem and checked online portal to stop the shipping or delete account. Interestingly - NutriSystem does not allow customers to cancel/delete account of further shipments online. I delayed my second shipment for one-two months, however forgot to call NutriSystem customer care and close the account.

I noticed $229.99 on my credit card statement 3-4 weeks back, that's when I noticed that the auto-shipment is active and NutriSystem sent the second shipment, I checked my NutriSystem account portal to cancel order, but again no such option is available online. So I contacted customer care and requested for return/cancel my order. I was asked to reject Fedex shipment and ask Fedex to return back the shipment for refund also to avoid any shipping fees. So I did the same and shipment was returned.

Now I find $142.50 restored back to my credit card on 7/20, where is remaining $87.49? I contacted NutriSystem customer care, and agent had no interests in helping me, instead kept on explaining me this fee is based on a previous discount! What??

I do not find a reason why I should give NutriSystem $87.49 for nothing!,

• orionhunter1986 Aug 02, 2012

Thanks for the heads up! I was always wondering what Nutrisystem taste and is it really effective and like and wanted to try one though i usually go for organic and the traditional way of keeping fit. I know some people that do patronize NutriSystem and they are happy with it. "They don't have address for returns"? Well, that is good as saying we lost you package ma'am. They should improve their system.

• Di
    Diet and Healthy Eating Apr 29, 2013

I think that if you are willing to work with NutriSystem, plus make other changes, you can meet your long term goals. You should check out our site: www.dietandhealtyeating.com for more information.

ShelleyCrawford Aug 02, 2013

Aug 2, 2013...Absolute Bait and Switch with their website. They offer a Basic, Core, and Select. The Basic says preselected, the Core says you pick your menu, Select says, includes frozen items like ice cream. What they are really saying here, is NO Frozen foods
    in the core program. No ice cream and No frozen foods in the core program. That's not what you think when you select the core
    program. The truth is, the core program is all pre-packaged foods that never are not frozen. I found this to be a joke, to sit for two hours researching their plan, then pick the core plan, only to realize after paying, no frozen foods. I called and cancelled immediately, as I do not like doing business with shady company's. By the way, the fine print does say they will charge you extra if you cancel less than two months into the plan. So if you do go on this, the prices reflect an ongoing subscription. Not a one month trial.
    Shelley Crawford

• De
    Dennis McPhail Jun 21, 2016

I ordered the 28 day turbo plan and lost the weight I wanted. Then they email me and said my next shipment was about to ship. I did not order more than the 28 day supply. I called and they said if I cancelled it would cost me $99 which I told them I would not pay. They said instead of losing the $99 for cancellation they would send some turbo shakes for $79 and drop the $99 cancellation fee. I see today, the next day after the call that they hit my card for $239, not the $79 I agreed to for the shakes and final closing of my account. I called the credit card customer service and had NutriSystem set up so card would not pay any more bills from them. The $239 could not be stopped, but as soon as it is posted against my card account I can file a claim to have the charge reversed. Will be a couple of days. My advise is do not deal with these people. Put yourself on a 1500 calorie/ day and save about $700.

• To
    Tom Angel Aug 13, 2016

The contents of the ED Reverser e-book:
    At the beginning of the video, Max says that it takes just five minutes, but the video is actually much longer. It does not tell much about ED itself. Apart from the information that the e-book gives you a list of easily available supplements, their dosage and when to take them, it does not tell much about the contents of the e-book. However, the question remains whether amino acids, enzyme, and protein supplements have any impact on ED.

Click here to learn Max Miller’s ED Reverser

Andresmicheal77 Mar 17, 2017

Dining roomHarrison Ford Brown Jacke

• Dn
    dnarich Apr 05, 2017

Horrible quality food, and a program that is easy to join but hard ... and EXPENSIVE TO CANCEL.

My advice is to stick with frozen diet entrees from the grocery store and your own supplements - oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch, diet dinner with veggie salad/fruit, then walk, walk, walk. It will cost you less, it will be more palatable, and it will be more nutritious and will work just as well...and drink your water!

You cannot cancel on-line. The call-in number to connect with them for canceling has several options, but none is an obvious choice for canceling. When you do find the right option, you will be put on hold until they are available to answer your call.

The biggest atrocity? $99 to cancel. So, a $314.99 experiment to try Nutrisystems delivered one box of mostly unpalatable food - honestly not even complete meals and clearly lacking an any recognizable vegetable or fruit - and loaded with "snack" packs (mylar bags of popcorn, pretzels etc.) - and then they charge $99 to cancel. ...and they say that the $99 fee was made perfectly clear in their original order. No, it was not obvious.

This business is clearly geared to get you suckered in, then make it difficult to cancel. An honest business would provide quality food - and would make it easy to cancel. There is NO reason for a $99 fee to cancel when finding the product unsatisfactory - it is just another way to rip you off.

Total cost of the experiment - $414 for one month of lousy food that even your pets won't eat.

• Ro
    ronsilver Apr 29, 2017

Great selection of propert available to rent or buy Pattaya - Jomtien
    areas Thailand
    Rent condo Pattaya Thai real estate Condo for sale property for sale Pattaya rent to own studio rent|buy Pattaya sea view studios
    Studio loan Pattaya Houses for sale Thailand cheap condo rent real estate Pattaya Pattaya property Rent condo Jomtien Home for sale Condo for rent Jomtien Pattaya Condo rentals apartment to rent-buy Pattaya Jomtien-Pattaya condos Buy Thailand Buy house Luxury apartments for sale cheap condo rentals cheap holiday rentals Property rentals accommodation rentals accommodation for rent Rent accommodation luxury condos Apartments to rent Thailand Rent accomodation Pattaya apartments for sale cheap accomodation Thailand Flexible payments rent property Pattaya rent condo thailand rent accomodation condo for sale Pattaya property for sale rent luxury apartment Pattaya buy apartment Jomtien Property for sale condo for sale Rent condo Pattaya rent condo Jomtien condominium for sale

• Ba
    Basit M Shahi Apr 02, 2018

Great information really useful

• Ev
    Evaa Elsa John Nov 13, 2018

You may want to visit this site too! http://www.nexusgastransmission.com/

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices