Nutra FoodsUnauthorized billing

E

Several months ago I sent for a free trial of acai on the internet. A package did arrive with a trial bottle and nothing else, no information of any kind. For this reason I did not want to keep or try the product. Today I received another package containing a bottle of capsules and this prompted me to again try to contact the company.

Thanks to two [redacted]s on Nutra Foods listing their phone number I was able to contact them. Their customer service person told me that conditions of the trial offer were clearly spelled out on the internet and because I did not read them and call to cancel I was automatically enrolled in their monthly supply program. I guarantee you that had these conditions been spelled out on the original trial offer, I would have read and subsequently followed them. I asked for their website address to verify what I was told and discovered that there is now a different website which does indeed spell out conditions of the offer.

• Ca
    CAROLC Feb 28, 2009

im having trouble this this company also, I eep recieving their product and no info to cancell. I cant find info on this copany to cancell.
    -carol

• Ca
    CAROLC Feb 28, 2009

I CANNOT GET IN CONTACT WITH THIS COMPANY WHEN I DID THEY SAID I DONT EXIST. I CANNOT GET A HOLD OF THE CORRECT CONTACT INFO TO CANCELL

• Li
    lisa Mar 03, 2009

Can someone please provide contact information for this company so that others can cancel this illegal "contract"?? Please help!

• Ta
    Tammy Mar 04, 2009

i just received another bottle of Aci Berry in the mail today and never requested another one...The return address says the company name is
    Nutra Foods in Middletown, DE...

Would like to see if anyone has a phone number to them so I can stop these from coming...

Thanks,
    [protected]@comcast.com

• Ta
    Tammy Mar 04, 2009

sorry just posted a request for a phone number to Nutra Foods, Middletown, DE and gave the wrong email address...the correct one is
    [protected]@comcast.net

AnnMarie Mar 05, 2009

did anyone find the phone number for the company I am having the same problem
    [protected]@aol.com

• Vi
    Virginia Avanzato Mar 07, 2009

This is a very poorly run operation. Hurrah, you get a free supply for this production but no instructions and the next thing you get is another supply with no invoice and no way to return to the supplier. At a website for this product, it advises that Walgreens will accept with an invoice and will issue a Walgreen's gift card. I don't want a $87.50 gift card from Walgreens. I want this company to stop sending me and stop going into my account charging whatever credit card I used to pay for my FREE sample. I think Oprah should stop encouraging people to use this product and get back to her own weight loss problems. These are hard times and people don't need companies automatically accessing their accounts.
    Ginger

• Li
    Liz Cortez Mar 19, 2009

I agree with everyone that has sent a complaint. This is unfair of such a so called company taking advantage of people! If anyone has the phone number to Nutra Foods I would appreciate your help! Let us stop this company from ruining the credit of so many people!! I too have been suckered into this free trial of Acai Resolution to find out it is a scam!! Help if you can!

Liz

• Le
    lee Mar 23, 2009

i ordered the "free trial" which arrived in an envelope with no info inside or phone no. two weeks later, another shipment arrived, again with no info or phone no., and they had no website. the free offer website has since been shut down. since i knew what it was, and after using the product for 2 weeks, i knew that it did not work. so i refused the package and put "refused - did not order - return to sender" on it. when i finally got my credit card bill, there was 2 charges on there, first for the $3.95 trial shipping offer, and another for $74.45, and they listed the phone no. i called my credit card co and told them that i was not paying the $74.45 since i already refused the order and did not have any product. they told me to also call the co, which i did. the co. said that they could not reverse the charges once it has been posted, even though i sent the product back, but they would cancel my order as of this day. what a rip-off. they purposely charged my credit card a month later so that they could say that the order already went out. for those of you who want to call them, their no is [protected].

• Be
    Betsy Northrup Mar 23, 2009

I totally agree with you.

• Te
    Terry Apr 06, 2009

I called the number that Liz had posted, [protected]. It is customer service for NUTRA FOODS. I spoke to a friendly young lady who said my "subscription" would be cancelled today. I asked her if any more product had been sent that I would billed for in the future and she said no. See gave me a confirmation number. I am going to share this information and confirmation number with my bank whose card I used for the transaction.
    If I am billed next month, I'll let you know!

kwissing Apr 20, 2009

Ordered sample of product. Contacted company to cancel. They continue to send product monthly, and charge my credit card.

• Sh
    Shelley Hammill May 03, 2009

I am having the same problem. I'm calling my bank tomorrow to refuse futher charges from this company.

kwissing May 03, 2009

Let us know what your band says.

kwissing May 03, 2009

Excuse me. I did NOT check my spelling. Please let me know what your BANK says.

• Le
    Leslie May 12, 2009

Thank you to everyone for posting yur interaction with this product. My experience was exactly the same as those complaints listed above, with product showing up, no information, etc. My credit card statement showed two different charges. One for $79.95 for www.natures-Acai.com in Reno (found their phone number [protected] on website) and $29.95 for www.Lifestylefit.com [protected]). Thank you Liz for providing the phone number for Nutra Foods [protected]). I called all three and cancelled everything. All had the exact same script and gave cancellation confirmation numbers. Each said I had agreed to the terms of becoming a member of their program and that I didn't call within the 15 days to cancel therefore they could not remove the charges. I seem to remember not getting the initial "free" product for m ore than a month. What a scam. I guess this is an expensive lesson to realize that NOTHING is FREE.

made as hell May 20, 2009

this company ia a ripoff, they took money
    out of my account without my knowledge i
    have had so much trouble out of this company
    is there anything that can be done about
    this, is there someone out there that can
    help us out so that this does not happen
    to the next person.

• Harley Blake Jun 01, 2009

I've had a similar experience. I did get them to take the charges off my credit card, then a few days ago I got another package and returned it without opening it. Then I just noticed a charge on my credit card again. This time for $43 and change. The new number is [protected]. The don't open until 8 PST so I will call them and see what they will do to get that one removed.

JoeyMossCupWinner Jun 28, 2009

Depending on where you bought the pills from...Here's the # to call to cancel:
    [protected]

Same crap happened to me.

• Tc
    tchrmom Aug 08, 2009

My husband found a random charge ($43.95 or something like that) from this company. The strange thing it was on his credit card number, and he NEVER even tries to order stuff like they sell, so we new something strange was happening. We looked farther and found there had been another charge the month before for the same amount that had totally slipped by. We tried to find the company online, and as you know-no luck! When we did manage to find numbers they were disconnected or did not work. We ended up calling the bank and telling them what was up and that the charges were unauthorized. The bank told us that the only way to truly get the charges to stop was to cancel the card that is being charged and get a new one for the account. The bank is reversing the charges and will send a new card out Monday. All we can think is that they tagged some other internet transaction we did and used the card information from that. Bazaar mystery. Good luck to all and be careful!

• Ac
    ACON Aug 08, 2009

Here are two telephone numbers associated with these companies.

YOURNUTRAHEALTH.COM
    tel # [protected]

RESTART CLEANSE
    tel # [protected]

I am still disputing these charges with them.

• Ba
    BarbaraJ Aug 11, 2009

I ordered a free sample of Acai over the internet on 7/27/09. The only charge was to be $1.99 for shipping. I received the sample a few days later with only a copy of the name of the item (no other information). Today I noticed on my online bank account a pending charge for $74.94 from yournutrahealth.com. I called my bank to dispute the charge but was told that I could not do anything until it cleared my account. I called the phone number listed on the bank statement [protected], ext. 1) and spoke with a customer service rep which assured me that I agreed to a free trial offer that I must cancel within14 days or be sent additional products and charged additional fees. I most definitely did not agree to a 14 day trial offer or I would have cancelled before the deadline. They agreed to cancel my membership, but said a new shipment went out today and I could return it unopened for a partial refund ($49.94). THIS IS A MAJOR SCAM WHICH NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!!!

BarbaraJ

• Pi
    pissed-the compl off! Aug 03, 2011

I just had a charge by this ###ing company! These ###ing ### ran my card almost a year after I cancelled my with them. Is this even legal?! These mother ###ers need to burn. They ripped me off for $89.99. God damn ### faces! I am going to make their ###ing lives hell.

• Mo
    Mother Fu*&^%$ Aug 03, 2011

Yeah, just checked my banking account and the a holes ripped me off for $89.51. All i did was call and inquire about the product. Don't know how they got a debit card number but I am filing a fraud charge against them.