NTTAcharged for someone else's vehicle

I traded in my vehicle and purchased a new one in December 2010. I took my tolltag out of the old car and put it in my new car. In March I began receiving zipcash invoices, which is for people without a tolltag. I went online to change the license plate associated with my account, and was surprised to see that tolls had been charged on my account, triggered by my old license plate, despite the fact that the tolltag was not in the old vehicle. When I asked NTTA to remove the charges, I was told I was responsible (for a vehicle I didn't own) because I failed to change the information on my account. So NTTA has charged me for two vehicles on one account at the same time, despite their claims that only one vehicle can be associated with an account. I will be contacting legal help to try and generate a class action lawsuit for this. Oh, and the amount charged to my account? About $11. Would have been so much easier, and cheaper, for NTTA to do the right thing from the start.

• Ad
    AdamsM3 May 22, 2013

If you did not report the change in the vehicle ownership, how is NTTA supposed to know that it does not belong to you. The licence plate belonged to you in their records. You were charged for two vehicles because you had one plate listed as yours that no longer had the toll tag in it and you had a toll tag in the other vehicle. All the scanners and cameras care about is if a tag is in place that tag gets charged the bill and if there is no tag, the owner of the plate gets charged. If you had followed through and reported the sale of your vehicle either to NTTA or to the state tax offices you never would have been charged the fees after you sold it.

• Da
    darrell washington Jan 29, 2012

The vehicle on this NTTA notice. Is not my vehicle. MY VEHICLE. is a van.
    Not a car. Invoice ID [protected]. Account ID 7466066 .