NorthStar Alarm Servicesdeceit in contract

S

Beware of Northstar Alarm Services. This company came door to door in our town offering a special price if you are willing to post their sign in the front yard. It was a promotional offer to help them advertise. Even though we told the salesman that we knew we'd be moving within 18-24 months, he had us sign a contract for 5 years. We should have read the fine print completely before signing. Do not trust this company, especially the sales people. Their goal is to get you stuck in a contract. They have been completely unwilling to work with us. I offered to split the balance of the contract (as an admisison of my stupidity). They cashed the check, but are now seeking the other half. Stay far far away from this deceitful company. Also, I did a simple search on the internet and have found complaints of many others who received the same treatment. A company like this should not be allowed to do business.

anaismnorthstar Oct 10, 2011

Hi Shelby!
    This is Anais with NorthStar. I wanted to apologize for any misunderstandings and frustrations you've experienced with our company and I definitely want to help resolve the situation any way that I can. I've forwarded this message to the Director of Operations and have spoken with him personally about your situation to see how we can clear up any confusion and make things right. Again I want to apologize profusely for any mistreatment you have received, as that is not in alignment with the core values we constantly strive to operate under here at NorthStar. If you could please email me directly at [protected]@northstaralarm.com with your customer info and the best time to reach you (or you can call me at my direct extension below), we can try to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and helping us improve our business practices.

Regards,

Anais Moody
    Corporate Communications
    801.373.7827 ext. 100
    [protected]@northstaralarm.com

Shelby108 Oct 11, 2011

Hello Anais,
    Thank you for your very positive attitude. I appreciate it and hope that you can help me achieve some results. I've spoken with many people on 3 separate occasions at your company and made zero progress. I've also written many letters, so there shouldn't be a shortage of information on my situation.

Shelby

consumer22 Nov 30, 2011

Hi Shelby, did this ever get resolved for you? Was Anais Moody any help at all or was her response just an empty PR tactic?

Shelby108 Nov 30, 2011

Yes, actually, she was. I received an email from Ben Billingsley (Director of Operations) the next day. He offered to accept my proposal (where I had offered to pay half of the contract and they had cashed the check). So, the email stated that the situation would be resolved without any further action on my part. I haven't heard anything else from them, but I feel comfortable that it is over because I have the email stating that from Mr. Billingsley.

consumer22 Nov 30, 2011

Good!!! Thank you so much Shelby, I will go ahead and contact her back to see if I can get my issue resolved.
    Have a great day!

Shelby108 Nov 30, 2011

No problem. Good luck. I hope you get your resolved as well.

consumer22 Jan 05, 2012

I will have to say that Mr. Billingsley has done an exceptional job in working with our case. We have reached to an agreement which I am satisfied with. Not sure what happened to the actual sales person that created this whole mess. Hopefully he learned a lesson, the same way I did GET EVERYTHING IN WRITTING!!!
    Thanks Northstar for owning up to promises made, I truly appreciate it.