Having problems with Nitrotek?

4th Floor Goyt Mill, Upper Hibbert Lane, Marple
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

nitro rc car

I got a car for Christmas and the engine and clutch has blown up and now the car is useless and I tryed to contact the company about this and thay sent me to the after sales website but thair is no email address to send them an email. And thay said that I need an order number thay said that it was sent out Via email but no email was sent out. This company is a joke NO AFTER SALE TEAM what you can phone and talk to a person instead of an email. BROKEN NITRO CARS. Un specified skill rating for cars. UNWILLING TO HELP.

AndyP57 Apr 30, 2020

Customer Service is non existent with this arrogant company.

Bribing people with offered discounts in return for leaving 5 stars reviews is appalling.

People need to be aware of their Consumer rights here in the UK, under the 2015 Act, companies have to accept items back within 30 days without a reason given. If there is a fault they have to pay return postage. After return they have 14 days maximum to refund the money, not send on the 14th day.

Trading Standards have the power to issue large fines, and even prison can be a punishment according to the Act.

People need to complain to Trading Standards if they are not happy with this company

a complete disgrace, stay well clear

The RC car was my boys birthday in March 18. After 10mins of use one of the wheel axles appeared to have...

rc tank

Do not use this company. They are a decade behind other online merchants in terms of levels of service and...

products are poor quality and customer service is horrible!

Bought nitro rc truck, took nearly 1h to start as couldnt pull the cord, it worked 2 times and then stopped. Send the item back. Has been emailing support team everyday for the refund as the quality was poor and didnt want item back. Cant speak on the phone even the same tom in sales works in support. Dont answer anything, all he says speak with customer service. After 7 days send me a report saying i damaged the part, that i have to pay for it and they will send me the car back for 10£! I emailed them saying i am not paying 10 as it cost less and i will book the courier to collect from them, they emailed me that the driver who will collect has to show friving licence and have the copy of my id!! For security!!
I had enough emailing them, they wanted me to pay again for the part and 10 for delivery back rto me but refusing the courier i am booking. So they have my car and my money. Contacted the bank, told the story, they were shocked, but they said they will raise the claim and contact the merchant team for investigation to get my money back.The worst ever Experience! Avoid this company, it shouldnt exist at all! Dont buy anything from them!!

radio controlled car fault caused damage on itself, refusing a refund

I have bought an upgraded version of radio controlled car blue ice with brush less engine for £143. So far so...

rc car

Car overheated, melted the plastic cog, essential components ping off when you pull the trigger back so the car won't work at all, and the metal base was so hot it burnt my son twice! Used for less than half an hour before it fell to bits, currently refusing a refund, demanding evidence that it was faulty. The car wasn't not a kit car, it was ready made, so I haven't messed it up during the building process, it should be ready to use straight out of the box according to their website. When the car was found to be faulty, I went on their website and discovered that there was no return address or details about how to send their products back, (the link to their refund page just takes you back to the home page)! There was no packing slip, no receipt, nothing at all! I had to chase them to get the car as it didn't arrive next day delivery at all. It wasn't well over a week and I hadn't got any receipt or proof of purchase other than the fact the money was taken out of my bank! When I contacted them they sent me out a faulty car and so far, I can't get a refund! Waste of money and time. I am contacting the consumer ombudsman tomorrow if they don't send me a return address by the end of today!

poor quality and even worse customer service

Dead on arrival helicopter. connecting battery resulted in smoke. Received replacement part (was not easy) but unfortunately it did not fix it. Shipped it to UK (track & trace with required signature and it got refused at delivery. Shipment returned and I shipped it again. Unfortunately it got refused again.

I do not recommend to buy any product from this company.

I am very disappointed

I ordered a WL Toys XK A600 5CH Remote Controlled Plane RTF 2.4GHz two months ago and have never received it. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my brother, but I started to look for something else and asked for a refund because something tells me that the plane will never arrive.
However, they refused to refund saying that the order is on its way and will be delivered very soon. Yes, that's great, but I heard it one month ago...
I can't describe how much I am disappointed. I loved this website for their variety of interesting stuff, but they don't appreciate their customers and it's very sad... :(

no registration custom clearance documents

Bought a motor scooter from a company called wrap express ltd who were acting on behalf of nitrotek ltd.The scooter was advertised as having all documents to register it for use on british roads.But the dvla rejected it because it did not have any import documents saying it could be used on british roads.I have tried contacting nitrotek asking for the documents but they refuse to answer.Have also tried asking for my money back from wrap express ltd who were acting on behalf of nitrotek they to refuse to answer.It is a fraud case that i will pursue the customs say there is no help they can give and the dvla say the same.

Nitrotek Ltd

What a joke

Purchased a car from Nitro Tek website and it arrived damaged. Car did not work, so I contacted NitroTek customer care service and asked for a replacement. They agreed and asked me to send the broken one back. They refused to give me a return label so I had to pay for the return shipping. After they received the car they contacted me and said that they were not able to replace it because there were no cars left in stock. They returned the damaged one to me and refused to refund the money I paid for shipping. What a joke.

Remote control car

Avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid

This is a hideous company to deal with, as other have said on many many review forums, avoid this company at all costs.

When something goes wrong they don't want to know, send you bs excuses to get out of there problems.

Bought a remote control car within 1 hour it had 4 failures, i asked for a full refund, they did not want to know until they had inspected it, it took 40 emails and 2 months to inspect it!!!

Then then blamed me for the failures!!!

They refused to refund me, lying about the condition of the car, and how long i had it for, before sending back.

I had to go through paypal to get a refund, and threaten small claims court, i will also be reporting them to trading standards.

If they wont give you your money back go through paypal, and trading standards.

Horrendous company, read the awful reviews

Avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid-avoid

• Ni
    NitroFeck'all Sep 20, 2018

As many others have said AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID this company.

Once you've placed an order you are DONE FOR if there is any problem with it. The only people that it is possible to TALK to are the Sales Team who will take your money - once you've passed that point then you're into a nightmare Customer Disservice HellHole, where they (claim they) don't even have a phone in the Service Department so EVERYTHING has to be done - at their glacial and disrespectful pace - through an online "Service" system.

They PROMISED me (via their "Service Desk" - which I repeat is ALL done on some weird dodgy online portal, with "No Exceptions" as they will delight in telling you - that a part I wanted to buy was the correct part for my model. I checked several times to make sure, and they confirmed (taking 48 hours to reply each time, ) in an increasingly sneering fashion until I finally felt confident that it was OK to place the order.

Guess what - when it arrived it was the wrong part. They had just plain lied on the details of what the part was, so I asked for a return shipment label... No chance. I had to "post it back so our Engineers can inspect it..." at my own cost, even though they were clearly in breach of the contract and it was their job to pay for the return.

Dozens of emails later (EVERY reply takes at least 48 hours - although I'm not surprised because their service is so APPALLING that they must be snowed under with complaints every day) I finally managed to get a refund of the original order, but I'm now waiting YET AGAIN for them to confirm they will be refunding the extra return postage which they are legally obliged to do. It's now been another three days delay, yet again, and I've heard nothing.

As others have said, I will now be following this up through trading standards as a matter of principle. But this has taken HOURS of my time, and a huge amount of aggravation and stress, and it's STILL not resolved.

I am starting to wonder if they're run / owned by one of those weird cult-type religious groups, (there are a surprising number of them about - lots of them in the Safety and Office Equipment industries) who treat anyone who isn't of the same faith with suspicion and total disdain. I can genuinely think of no other reason why they'd behave in such an extraordinary fashion, with no scruples or morals, absolutely no idea of what even basic Customer Service looks like, and a total disregard for contract law in the UK.

I wouldn't believe this review, if I read it myself online. I'd think it was so outlandish that I'd assume it was a competitor just trying to slag them off... but if you want to check the Service thing, just try calling the only number on their website - 0161 883 0054 - and ask to speak to someone in Customer Service.

Try asking for a Manager, or an owner, or just ANYONE who can help - and then you'll see exactly why you should NEVER put your money or order at risk with these ghastly people.

If I could mark them as "Minus 100 Stars" I would do so without hesitation.

Not worth it!

I have ordered a remote control car from NitroTek and did not receive it. It was very difficult to communicate with customer service because they replied slowly and actually did not care.
After numerous phone callas they finally agreed to send me another one and when it arrived it was not the car that I have ordered! I contacted them again and they refused to do anything about that.
Not worth it!

Do not buy from this Nitrotek! You will never get your money back!

Ordered a car from Nitrotek as a birthday present for my son and when it arrived it was already broken and did not work at all! I immediately contacted customer service and they agreed to take it back and send us another one. It took them over three moths to deliver a replacement. It was ok, but after a week it also broke! When I contacted them again they said that they have already sent me a replacement and will not do that again. What a huge disappointment! I do not recommend this site!

Condor rc car kit

I bought a condor rc car kit and there are missing parts in box I phoned nitroltek about the missing part...

Seller promised new car, but still nothing

We bought remote control car from the company www.nitrotek.co.uk. But our experience was really bad. They...

They didn't provide guarantee and refused to change the defective car

We ordered remote control car from the company www.nitrotek.co.uk. It was big mistake to buy from them. We...

The seller delivered broken toys and impossible to change them

I bought remote control car and plane from the website www.nitrotek.co.uk. My family was disappointed...

Awaiting parts

On the 22nd July I ordered some spare parts for my ex car ref no
[protected] and to date I have mot received them although
The money has been taken from my account i am still waiting
For 2 cent mounting plates no 60207. I was informed that these
Goods had been dispatched but I have still not received.
I was told by your sales dept to get in touch with you to find out where
They are.

Please advise ASAP

Peter Chilcott

Sent me damaged order and didn't reply to emails

I bought car for my son from the website www.nitrotek.co.uk. So it arrived in damaged box and of course it...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices